Man fired for being a Brony....

)O( Scarlet )O(

I'm not saying I'm agreeing with it, I'm just saying the situation is very understandable.

Every situation is understandable from different perspectives. That doesn't justify the actions taken.

The girl was 9, he's interested in a children's show and comments on her shirt, how are people who are not into internet culture NOT going to find this strange? Honestly, it was a really stupid move and there's no excuse for it. Interest or not, it's just something you don't do. For them, it's weird in the first place that he likes the show and it makes it even weirder he interacts with a 9-year old girl about it. It's a simple fact that we live in a coddled and protective generation, and people shouldn't adapt to one person, rather than the person adapting to the rest. It makes people feel uncomfortable, it's simple fact.

That honestly doesn't improve your point at all. If I were to say "nice shirt" to a boy who had a Star Wars T-Shirt, which is meant for both young and old audiences as MLP FiM is in some ways as addressed by Lauren Faust, would it be wrong as well?

Second of all, a business cannot function well when people feel uneasy. A manager can fire his workers because it's his establishment to begin with. If he thinks firing a person who is making others feel uneasy is a good idea, then that's simply how it is. You wouldn't keep a really clumsy person as a waiter, would you? Something as internet culture can be a very dangerous subject to bring into your workspace, it has always been like that.

If this were to be applied to every instance, there would be more cases of people getting fired. Someone could instantly declare a coworker as making them feel uneasy because there is a grudge between the two. If people feel uneasy, business doesn't care. They get payed to do their job, not to get pampered and feel comfortable.

If I had a daughter, I wouldn't like it if a stranger would comment on her shirt, not because he's a brony, but because it just makes me feel uneasy, she's my child and of course I will protect her from random strangers. It's simply creepy, there's no other word for it. How the writer wrote his story and how it really was is something to take into consideration. I'm looking from both his perspective and the others. And as the side of the others, the only thing I can imagine them thinking is that it's simply creepy. People are simply more defensive with daughters than with sons. I find their reaction very understandable, even when I'm an open-minded and relaxed person myself. What counts for one person, doesn't count for another after all.

So, paranoia is not the lead cause of calling them pedophiles because they are men commenting on a girl's T-Shirt? Are men the enemy of society now? I can't tell if this is common day feeling or a result of feminist indoctrination. It is a bit sexist, to be honest. 

Now all strangers are considered terrorists, pedophiles, and sex offenders by this logic. Again, there is a difference between taking caution and being completely paranoid.

So, now boys should not be protected more often than girls? I find that to be sexist as well. Please rethink the argument.

What is interesting and sad is that, in today's world, Mr Gailey from Miracle on 34th street would probably be locked up for the actions he took with Susan before meeting Mrs. Walker.

• Brohoof 1

Every situation is understandable from different perspectives. That doesn't justify the actions taken.

That honestly doesn't improve your point at all. If I were to say "nice shirt" to a boy who had a Star Wars T-Shirt, which is meant for both young and old audiences as MLP FiM is in some ways as addressed by Lauren Faust, would it be wrong as well?

If this were to be applied to every instance, there would be more cases of people getting fired. Someone could instantly declare a coworker as making them feel uneasy because there is a grudge between the two. If people feel uneasy, business doesn't care. They get payed to do their job, not to get pampered and feel comfortable.

So, paranoia is not the lead cause of calling them pedophiles because they are men commenting on a girl's T-Shirt? Are men the enemy of society now? I can't tell if this is common day feeling or a result of feminist indoctrination. It is a bit sexist, to be honest. 

Now all strangers are considered terrorists, pedophiles, and sex offenders by this logic. Again, there is a difference between taking caution and being completely paranoid.

So, now boys should not be protected more often than girls? I find that to be sexist as well. Please rethink the argument.

Who said it's wrong? I said it's strange, don't put the words in my mouth please. The difference being is that we're talking about a girl here rather than a boy. We're still living in a time where masculinity is a big issue for many. A guy approaching a boy and saying he has a nice Star Wars shirt is considered pretty normal during a take-your-kid-to-work day, doing this in public however can get you into trouble. It's just how it works, and it's understandable from the parents' perspective. Even during days where children are taken to work, male workers generally don't approach daughters. That's just how it is. Especially not about an interest everyone seems to be uncomfortable about for you like it. Because really, it still is a show for children mainly, and especially in the eyes of people who don't know anything about the show at all. This is how society works, not me however. But this guy didn't read into his situation, and failed to stick with what is generally considered right. 

For your second point. Yea, it's true. It happens. It isn't applied to every situation though and to consider something like that is wrong. People get fired for plenty of reasons all the time and in the end, the manager can fire some of his workers as long as his upline is satisfied with the results. If people say they're getting uncomfortable by one specific person, the same person whom approached your daughter even if you asked him to stop involving this interest of his in the workplace, it really is no wonder why he got fired. Like I said, we're making drama over one person being fired. There are tons of people being fired for all kinds of ridiculous reasons, yet no one pays attention to them.

Your last point makes no sense at all, you're making a generalization far too quickly. I'm just telling you what is considered okay and what isn't considered okay in society. Whether it makes sense isn't up to me, it's up to culture, history and development. This point of yours doesn't help your argument either and you should reconsider yours as well. If people don't want strangers to talk to their daughters about a show for children, then that's their way of being cautious. Whether it is paranoia or not, isn't up to me. It's simply how people react these days. Call it feminist or sexist all you want, that's how it works these days. And like I said before, it isn't up the the collective group of a people to adapt to one or a few persons, it's up to that individual or that small group of individuals to adapt to the whole. You can't expect everyone to stop eating meat just because you're vegetarian. You can't expect people to stop behaving the way they do just because you see their fallacies. It's how it is.

I'm not going into your last question because it hasn't anything to do with the topic, we can discuss that another day. 

Finally, sophisms aren't tasteful, I don't wish to have any words forced in my mouth.

Who said it's wrong? I said it's strange, don't put the words in my mouth please. The difference being is that we're talking about a girl here rather than a boy. We're still living in a time where masculinity is a big issue for many. A guy approaching a boy and saying he has a nice Star Wars shirt is considered pretty normal during a take-your-kid-to-work day, doing this in public however can get you into trouble. It's just how it works, and it's understandable from the parents' perspective. Even during days where children are taken to work, male workers generally don't approach daughters. That's just how it is. Especially not about an interest everyone seems to be uncomfortable about for you like it. Because really, it still is a show for children mainly, and especially in the eyes of people who don't know anything about the show at all. This is how society works, not me however. But this guy didn't read into his situation, and failed to stick with what is generally considered right. 

For your second point. Yea, it's true. It happens. It isn't applied to every situation though and to consider something like that is wrong. People get fired for plenty of reasons all the time and in the end, the manager can fire some of his workers as long as his upline is satisfied with the results. If people say they're getting uncomfortable by one specific person, the same person whom approached your daughter even if you asked him to stop involving this interest of his in the workplace, it really is no wonder why he got fired. Like I said, we're making drama over one person being fired. There are tons of people being fired for all kinds of ridiculous reasons, yet no one pays attention to them.

Your last point makes no sense at all, you're making a generalization far too quickly. I'm just telling you what is considered okay and what isn't considered okay in society. Whether it makes sense isn't up to me, it's up to culture, history and development. This point of yours doesn't help your argument either and you should reconsider yours as well. If people don't want strangers to talk to their daughters about a show for children, then that's their way of being cautious. Whether it is paranoia or not, isn't up to me. It's simply how people react these days. Call it feminist or sexist all you want, that's how it works these days. And like I said before, it isn't up the the collective group of a people to adapt to one or a few persons, it's up to that individual or that small group of individuals to adapt to the whole. You can't expect everyone to stop eating meat just because you're vegetarian. You can't expect people to stop behaving the way they do just because you see their fallacies. It's how it is.

Society doesn't determine what makes sense, common sense is what makes sense. Also, the example given doesn't even apply to the situation. Clearly, this is a fallacious argument.