Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Man fired for being a Brony....

)O( Scarlet )O(

Ok, so I did a search and nothing came up, a friend of mine posted this story on FaceBook and I thought I may bring this up to see what other people think on this subject. So apparently some guy got fired just for being a Brony... Now I don't know about you, but that is just totally bulls***!

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1041514

Edited by Elisedd Caratacos
  • Brohoof 2

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Unnamed man claims his unnamed job fired him for being a brony...Way down at the bottom it lists the only source as Reddit. To me that means the odds are that it never happened. NOTE: It also states "Not Vetted By CNN". Oh, and even if it did happen, it is kind of creepy for an adult man to tell a little girl he likes her shirt. 

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 8

I'd have to agree- people have the right to be a fan of whatever they want to. It's everyone else that needs to learn to be a bit more accepting.

It's good to hear that he's already found better offers, though. At least this job wasn't EVERYTHING x)

Unnamed man claims his unnamed job fired him for being a brony...Way down at the bottom it lists the only source as Reddit. To me that means the odds are that it never happened. 

That's what I thought, but it is still a possibility, people have been fired for far less than liking a show for little girls and the such...

• Brohoof 1

if i were that guy for an hour when i was fired i would get my stuff put it in my car, then walk back in pull my boss out of his office, kick him in the face then walk in to his office lock the door and take a deuce on his desk, then unlock the door and walk out

Edited by rwby rose
  • Brohoof 2

I doubt the validity of the article, since it only cites Reddit as a source. However, my belief in the lack of validity of the article notwithstanding, if it is true, that is really odd. I wouldn't think they'd fire him for 'being a brony'. They'd think of an excuse reason to fire him to avoid catching flak.

if i were that guy when i was fired i would get my stuff put it in my car, then walk back in pull my boss out of his office, kick him in the face then walk in to his office lock the door and take a deuce on his desk, then unlock the door and walk out

That is a very good way to get assault charges, possibly become a convicted felon, and never get hired for another job ever again.

Edited by Windy Runner
  • Brohoof 9

I doubt the validity of the article, since it only cites Reddit as a source. However, my belief in the lack of validity of the article notwithstanding, if it is true, that is really odd. I wouldn't think they'd fire him for 'being a brony'. They'd think of an excuse reason to fire him to avoid catching flak.

I seriously doubt the story, but if it somehow does turn out to be true, I think a lot of blame may lay in him telling a little girl he likes her shirt. No matter what the shirt depicts, this would send up red warning flags for any parent. Let's not forget said parent was HIS BOSS according to the story. Creepy is as creepy does!

• Brohoof 3

I seriously doubt the story, but if it somehow does turn out to be true, I think a lot of blame may lay in him telling a little girl he likes her shirt. No matter what the shirt depicts, this would send up red warning flags for any parent. Let's not forget said parent was HIS BOSS according to the story. Creepy is as creepy does!

Yeah, the talking to the little girl was probably the straw that broke the camel's back. I think it was a combination of things, (People have certain perceptions about Bronies, and he sounds like he was a very anti-social worker, only validating those preconceptions) and his complimenting the daughter was just a step too far. 

• Brohoof 1

Oh, and even if it did happen, it is kind of creepy for an adult man to tell a little girl he likes her shirt. 

So, now being polite is creepy?

I love how this society has become more and more destructive about people making nice things bad.

• Brohoof 13

This is similar to racism. Only in a somewhat form of liking MLP: FIM. I would like to call this one bronynism.

It is bad duh, and you know there still good and kind human beings. They just love the show. Of course, this is not normal for a boss to do that. It's just like firing someone because he/she is black. So we just don't know if the boss is a hater or a bronist.

I hate those kind of people who hate the show

• Brohoof 1

Sadly, he had every right to his discrimination. I don't think it's good but if he's the boss, he can fire whoever he wants and whenever he wants. No matter the reason.

>Implying this actually happened. 

• Brohoof 2

So, now being polite is creepy?

I love how this society has become more and more destructive about people making nice things bad.

There is a huge difference in being polite, and being creepy. A grown man has no business complementing little girls on how they dress. This can be seen as a clue to a REAL problem in the real world. Guys, I'm sorry, but I know I would sure take notice if I saw a thirty year old man tell a nine year old girl that he liked her shirt. To be honest, I'd take it upon myself to keep an eagle eye on things, just in case.

This is similar to racism. Only in a somewhat form of liking MLP: FIM. I would like to call this one bronynism.

It is bad duh, and you know there still good and kind human beings. They just love the show. Of course, this is not normal for a boss to do that. It's just like firing someone because he/she is black. So we just don't know if the boss is a hater or a bronist.

I hate those kind of people who hate the show

You are really equating a whole race of people and their fight out of slavery and into acceptance to some guy liking a cartoon? That in itself is a bit disturbing.

• Brohoof 4

There is a huge difference in being polite, and being creepy. A grown man has no business complementing little girls on how they dress. This can be seen as a clue to a REAL problem in the real world. Guys, I'm sorry, but I know I would sure take notice if I saw a thirty year old man tell a nine year old girl that he liked her shirt. To be honest, I'd take it upon myself to keep an eagle eye on things, just in case.

But, then we are entering a realm of age-superiority segregation. It would be like saying that it is creepy for a white man to compliment a black man's shirt(no, I am not trying to bring racism into this topic, but the point).

• Brohoof 1

But, then we are entering a realm of age-superiority segregation. It would be like saying that it is creepy for a white man to compliment a black man's shirt(no, I am not trying to bring racism into this topic, but the point).

Are you telling me you'd find nothing wrong if some thirty year old guy went up to a nine year old girl and complemented her clothes? Sure, 90% of the time it might be innocent. If I ever saw the 10%, I state right now I would attempt to KILL the man without a second thought.

Are you telling me you'd find nothing wrong if some thirty year old guy went up to a nine year old girl and complemented her clothes? Sure, 90% of the time it might be innocent. If I ever saw the 10%, I state right now I would attempt to KILL the man without a second thought.

If the company hired the employee(and if the company is highly-known), I would assume that the company had already looked into the man's criminal and mental records and hired him because there were no problems. Also, it would be noted if the man had said it in a "Strange" way or not.

To be honest, it is only paranoia that can drive one to make such conclusions.

• Brohoof 7

Well then his boss might as well be fired for being a fan of what he likes....God knows whatever the hell that may be...

Seriously? For being a brony?

What's next, are people going to get fired for liking koala bears?

Grow up, people...even adults are thinking like ******* children nowadays...

If the company hired the employee(and if the company is highly-known), I would assume that the company had already looked into the man's criminal and mental records and hired him because there were no problems. Also, it would be noted if the man had said it in a "Strange" way or not.

Ever watch the news? Crimes against children ARE NOT paranoia. They are real, and they break my heart. You can have no criminal record, for the sole reason that you weren't caught. Ever hear those famous last words. "He was always so quiet and kept to himself."?

• Brohoof 1

In the boss's defense, most perpetrators of heinous deeds like mass shootings and child molestation have no prior criminal history to speak of that would bar them from being hired by a company such as this one. Also, the article was the man's own account of how things transpired, so I doubt he would mention in his story if he complimented the girl in a 'creepy' way or not. He might have not perceived it as being creepy, but to everyone else it might have come across that way, since it seems the man wasn't the best at the subtle nuances and details of social interactions. (He did mention he was an anti-social worker, after all)

Edited by Windy Runner
  • Brohoof 2

Ever watch the news? Crimes against children ARE NOT paranoia. They are real, and they break my heart. You can have no criminal record, for the sole reason that you weren't caught. Ever hear those famous last words. "He was always so quiet and kept to himself."?

There is a difference between being cautious and being paranoid.

Being cautious means you are aware of the circumstances and what can happen, but you don't let it control your life. Must the business be cautious if it is reported? Yes. Does it mean firing him? No. No crime was committed.

• Brohoof 1

In the boss's defense, most perpetrators of heinous deeds like mass shootings and child molestation have no prior criminal history to speak of that would bar them from being hired by a company such as this one. Also, the article was the man's own account of how things transgressed, so I doubt he would mention in his story if he complimented the girl in a 'creepy' way or not. He might have not perceived it as being creepy, but to everyone else it might have come across that way, since it seems the man wasn't the best at the subtle nuances and details of social interactions. (He did mention he was an anti-social worker, after all)

Exactly. While I still think the original story is a load of dingo's kidneys, think about this. He stated that he said "I like your shirt." How was he looking at her at the time? Was he ogling a prepubescent girl and the boss took offense? How did he say it? Did he pronounce "I like your shirt" to rhyme with "I'd like to see you take it off."? (You know what I mean) We only have the alleged wronged Brony's word on what happened, if it actually happened at all. Could it be that the guy just called out sick too many times?

Exactly. While I still think the original story is a load of dingo's kidneys, think about this. He stated that he said "I like your shirt." How was he looking at her at the time? Was he ogling a prepubescent girl and the boss took offense? How did he say it? Did he pronounce "I like your shirt" to rhyme with "I'd like to see you take it off."? (You know what I mean) We only have the alleged wronged Brony's word on what happened, if it actually happened at all. Could it be that the guy just called out sick too many times?

Or, it could have been that he took notice to the pony shirt and liked it, so he complimented on it.

Look, I am aware of the caution needed, but it is like a woman declaring rape when all the man did was accidentally rub his costume across her breasts when she got in the way.

• Brohoof 2