Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv First impression: Steven Universe

Mr. Critical

So I just saw this "Steven Universe", created by Rebecca Sugar. And I'm not gonna sugar coat it guys buuut... its actually pretty good. Ha, had ya goin'. No? Well so what. From what I could gather, the show follows Steven, duh, as he learns to control the powers of his crystal gem. Thus various adventures ensue as he lives with three warriors saving humanity. From what I've seen from Rebecca Sugar's track record, she is responsible for what are considered the best episodes of "Adventure Time", including The Fionna one. And story boarding "Hotel Transylvania". Though it may be a short list, I'm expecting big things from her.

The main characters are as followed. Steven is an optimstic child and struggles with controlling his gem powers. He lives with the other crystal gems in a house/temple. Garnet is a calm and collective warrior, armed with power gauntlets and a british acsent. So you know she means business in battle, but she's more motherly out of battle. Pearl is a mental power house, a perfectionist and magestic. Her weapon is a staff... spear... thing. She may laugh at Stevens antics, but not to an insulting degree. Lastly, and certainly not least, Amethyst. She's layed back and brash. Always looking for fun. Her weapon is an energy whip by the way.

Already we've got a cast of colorful characters, no pun intended, and a creator with a great start in her career as a cartoonist. I can only speculate for now, this show following three warriors and a fat kid saving humanity, but I will say this has gotten me attention. Until I find out more, this is Mr. Critical signing off. Super Desu Kawaii Saphire Powers Go!

Sounds like an interesting show that has something new to it, and in a good way. Unlike, Uncle Grandpa which has a cast of bland characters and nothing else. I think Steven Universe will be good.

Sounds like an interesting show that has something new to it, and in a good way. Unlike, Uncle Grandpa which has a cast of bland characters and nothing else. I think Steven Universe will be good.

It could but its still early on in its run. So there's plenty of time for it to go down hill. But until then, it could be a real treat to the eyes.