Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Deception

EpicApplejack

David, still disguised as a dark stallion, stuck his head in the door and notices the two ponies he'd seen earlier. "Knock knock, hello?" "You and your cliches" "Shut up, can't talk to you right now. You know they can't hear you and...you're just making me look like an idoit talking to my self aren't you?" Poe Chuckles in David's head. "Mhmm." David looks up sheepishly and in a flash of blue, changes back to his usual color. "Hi, I'm David. Who are you guys?"

Litterally hiding behind Cosmo, Lewis peeks up over his back." I-im Lewis.... a-and um.... not tp be rude or anything but d-do you happen do have a split personality?..... Y-you were talking to yourself for a little while....I-I...."

"Unicorns and there magic, always taking the easy way." Sensiquill grumbled to himself as the David teleported to the bank.  The grey-blue pony sighed as he made his way down from the apostle.  He approached the door where he met the three ponies.  "You two fought well, I believe you'd be valuable assets...  As for you, you dunce!"  Sensiquill shot a glance at David, "You almost blew my cover!  What in the name of Celestia were you thinking?"

Lewis jumps and hides behind Cosmo again as the newest pony comes in.

"Hi Lewis, no, I was...ah, talking on a radio...Yeah, a radio. You see, I'm with the NLR. I've been given orders to take all survivors I come in contact with and bring you guys to a special supplies depot. That is, if you guys want to come. I also-"

As for you, you dunce!"  Sensiquill shot a glance at David, "You almost blew my cover!  What in the name of Celestia were you thinking?"

"Oh, hello to you to Mr. Notebook. Didn't you notice that I snuck around to talk to you? Teleporting would've been to loud. I was gonna see if you could warn them using that radio equipment you had up there.  But you were to busy watching them to pay any mind to me I guess. Once they got done defending themselves, I figured there wasn't any need to sneak anymore since the last two changelings had been killed."

"Hi Lewis, no, I was...ah, talking on a radio...Yeah, a radio. You see, I'm with the NLR. I've been given orders to take all survivors I come in contact with and bring you guys to a special supplies depot. That is, if you guys want to come. I also-"

Looks mortified. "Oh! I-I-I'm s-so sorry! I-I shouldn't have made that kind of asumption.... p-please forgive me..." His muzzle is visibly red due to his light colored fur.

I figured there wasn't any need to sneak anymore since the last two changelings had been killed."

when the changelings are mentioned he glances over at the corpses and grows very quiet once more. For the first time he realizes that there is blood matting the fur on his face.

Skuldaf looked at the blood-shed with disapproval. Such a loss of life. Skuldaf was now sure these ponies were not the best crowd to be around. Then again, they were the only crowd to be around. Still, it didn't mean he had to like it. Skuldaf went to the Changeling corpses to finish some last rites before heading towards the main group. 

"I am Skuldaf" Skuldaf droned, still looking sadly at the Changeling corpses. "You killed them" Skuldaf said in a matter of fact tone before glaring at the one who had done the deed

"H-hey... u-um thanks.... I-I know you didn't mean to mess with my head or anything... I-its just.... that was my first time killing something...." chuckles nervously "i-its a little silly huh?.... after all this time you would think everyone would have killed a lot but.. oh well.."

"Makes sense... If I hadn't out you in that position you probably never would've... It's not silly. Killing is not something to be proud of..."

"How did you not... Oh buck, my ward probably deactivated when the changelings walked in. Whatever, I'm Cosmo Shadesteel, former student and Royal Assassin of Princess Luna.

"You two fought well, I believe you'd be valuable assets... As for you, you dunce!" Sensiquill shot a glance at David, "You almost blew my cover! What in the name of Celestia were you thinking?"

"If you're looking to recruit me to serve Luna, you're a few years too late friend. I was her Royal Assassin and student before the changelings messed everything up."

"I am Skuldaf" Skuldaf droned, still looking sadly at the Changeling corpses. "You killed them" Skuldaf said in a matter of fact tone before glaring at the one who had done the deed

Cosmo nodded, "You don't need my confession, but what would they have done if I hadn't? They'd have likely enslaved Lewis if they didn't just kill him. These were soldiers who should've been prepared to die. I can sense a spiritual motive for your disapproval, and I can respect that, but I was not without reason for killing them."

"You killed them" Skuldaf said in a matter of fact tone before glaring at the one who had done the deed

Lewis shrinks back under his glare "l-like Cosmo s-said... I-if we didn't kill them we might have died or been taken prisoners.... w-which is probably worse than death...." keeps his eyes averted from everypony. "I-I'm not proud of what I did.... But I didn't have a choice.... everypony has to be a killer these days..."

Whiplash flapped her wings through the skies, scanning the ground for the bank. She had heard the radio transmission not long ago, and had to admit she was excited to finally see or talk to some pony. The Pegasus squinted her eyes, and finally caught sight of the bank..and other ponies! "Yes! Maybe they have supplies," Whiplash muttered, and quietly touched onto the ground  few feet away.

The mare began to calmly walk towards the group, but stopped after seeing the dead changelings. "Aw man. Don't tell me I missed a good fight," she said, looking around. The pony looked at the group, and held out a hoof. "Well, I see I'm a bit late to the party. Oh well. The name's Whiplash."

((Sorry guys! I've been really busy))

"OK! EVERYPONY! HOLD IT!" David shouted. "Ok, please and thank you. At the moment we are a little out in the open. My offer still stands to go to a safer location. There's a supplies depot a mile or so from here. I happen to have the access codes to get in." "That Cosmo guy says he worked for Luna! You should probably talk to him. See if you can get him to help you!" David flicked his ears in annoyance at the intrusion. But quickly made his face look emotionless again. Shooting Cosmo a  meaningful glance David walked over to him and whispered "When we get to the supply depot, could I talk to you outside for a moment?" David turned around and started heading for the door. "Anypony who wants fresh food and water, follow me!"

David stepped out of the room and instantly saw the Pegasus standing in front of him. His horn lit up bright green as he cast a spell that checked her over for any traces of shape shifting magic. "Nothing, she's clean." "Hi, I'm David. Whiplash did you say? Nice to meet ya!"

The mare began to calmly walk towards the group, but stopped after seeing the dead changelings. "Aw man. Don't tell me I missed a good fight," she said, looking around. The pony looked at the group, and held out a hoof. "Well, I see I'm a bit late to the party. Oh well. The name's Whiplash."

Lewis skirts around the group to Whiplash's side. "U-um hi Whiplash.... I-I'm lewis..." He looks at the dead changelings then back at Whiplash. "I-I don't think I would have called it a good fight.... We kind of supprised them... well I did I guess.... Oh um... I-I'm lewis by the way... its nice to meet you."

Edited by pr3datortac0

@,

Whiplash shielded her eyes as the unicorn's horn lit up a bright green. "Yeah, you too, David," she said, gazing at the other ponies. "So you say there's a supply depot? I'm up for it," she grinned, shifting the pack on her shoulders. It didn't carry much but a few rations and her dagger.

Whiplash glanced as an extremely shy pony came up to her introduced himself as Lewis. "I'm sorry I missed it. By the way, I won't bite. Maybe," she chuckled.

Edited by Moonlight Fire

Skuldaf growled at the murderer before stepping off. He then heard "Whiplash" say that she missed a good fight. How barbaric! At least the other two didn't seem to enjoy it but this one was evil to say something like that. 

"You're a monster" Skuldaf snarled at Whiplash before getting up in her face.

Whiplash narrowed her eyes at the angry pony, but didn't take a step back. "Really? And why is that?" she growled, anger lighting up her eyes. "Because I said I missed a good fight?" The Pegasus asked. "I don't enjoy killing, if that's the idea you're getting. I only mean I could've assisted you guys when you were fighting, got it?"

David looked around nervously. "Can't they go for five minutes without trying to kill each other?" "Guys, and gal," David said nodding his head at Whiplash "We are probably the last surviving ponies in this area. Unless you want to end up in a changeling dungeon, and you REALLY REALLY DO NOT want that, trust me, then we should get going. I'm leaving. It'll take an hour or so to hoof it there. If you want food, water, and whatever else supplies is still there, then follow me. If you'd rather sit in this bank and argue, then fine. But I'm missing a good bottle of hard cider right now. So I'm going." With that, David turned around and started to walk away. He hesitated for a moment, then in a flash of blue, turned in to the darker stallion he had been disguised as earlier and kept walking.

Cosmo followed the group and communicated with Fade, "That Skuldalf or whatever his name is won't like me..." Fade chuckled and replied, "Is pacifism such a bad thing Cosmo?"

"Depends on who you spare. The changelings won't spare us or have mercy, so killing those 2 helped save some pony else down the line..."

"Did it? Those were a patrol unit. Would they have been able to do much? Reconsider your own views Cosmo. Yes you helped some pony, but was it significant enough to kill those changelings?"

Cosmo was disturbed by the irony of his assassin ancestor criticizing his killing, but admired he had a point.

Edited by TheBreech

When they entered they got close to the hidden entrance of the supply depot, David stopped the group. They had entered a section of the city that was mostly factories and were standing if front of one with an old sign that was barely legible and might have said rainbow factory. "Alright, give me just a sec. I gotta input the code to get in. After that, make yourselves at home. Btw, the hard cider in the back is mine." David walked up to one of the kepads on one of the store houses that would usually hold merchandise that the factory made to be shipped out. After entering the code, he stepped back to let everypony in but stepped in front of Cosmo. "Can I talk to you a moment? It's about Luna." David reached in to one of his pockets in his vest and pulled out the letter and handed it to Cosmo for him to read. ((the letter is on page one of the thread, but I'll post what it says here anyways)) The letter was written:

My loyal shadow,

I knew eventually you'd end up at one of the supplies depots for you trade mark cider. This note is specially enchanted to teleport to which ever depot has your favorite hard cider tampered with first. The reason I do this is because I have something extremely important to tell you. You are the last Shade. And as my shadow, I give you this very important mission. There is rumored to be survivors. Nothing solid, though. I need you to find them and bring them to one of the NLR supply depots. We need them on our side! There should be a bottle of dragon fire hidden in one of the cider boxes. Use it to send me a note as soon as you can get them to safety. Gods speed!

Luna

"I should probably explain something to you. I'm not exactly who I said I was." David explained, shifting back in to his normal form again "Yes I'm with the NLR, but I'm not a normal soldier. I'm part of a special recon group called the Shades. Our mission was to find out any information on anything that could pose a threat to the NLR, then find it's weak spot. If the threat was to great for a normal army or even special forces, then they would send one of us on a surgical strike mission to take out anything especially useful. I keep using past tense because, as the letter points out, I am the last Shade. I need someone I can trust to help and, since you obviously have Luna's trust as you stated you've worked for her before, I'd like to offer you a position as a Shade."

Edited by Dave Pyro

Skuldaf slammed his hoof at the mention of Luna. it was her who had decided to set up the "Program" that had made him a freak and a killer against his will. Skuldaf felt like squashing the shade flat, after all, his first test was to kill some Lunar Soldiers, why would anyone care if he killed some more? He took a deep breath and calmed down, remembering his oath to not fight unless absolutely necessary. 

Skuldaf slammed his hoof at the mention of Luna. it was her who had decided to set up the "Program" that had made him a freak and a killer against his will. Skuldaf felt like squashing the shade flat, after all, his first test was to kill some Lunar Soldiers, why would anyone care if he killed some more? He took a deep breath and calmed down, remembering his oath to not fight unless absolutely necessary.

David heard a noise and turned towards the door way to see the someone standing there. "It's that one that kept getting in everyone's face about killing the changelings" David thought to himself "He doesn't have a cutie mark!" Poe pointed out. David just nodded to himself then stepped up to the pony. "Hi, we haven't been properly introduced have we? I'm David. What's your name? Also, might I ask, how long were you standing there?"

Edited by Dave Pyro

When they entered they got close to the hidden entrance of the supply depot, David stopped the group. They had entered a section of the city that was mostly factories and were standing if front of one with an old sign that was barely legible and might have said rainbow factory. "Alright, give me just a sec. I gotta input the code to get in. After that, make yourselves at home. Btw, the hard cider in the back is mine." David walked up to one of the kepads on one of the store houses that would usually hold merchandise that the factory made to be shipped out. After entering the code, he stepped back to let everypony in but stepped in front of Cosmo. "Can I talk to you a moment? It's about Luna." David reached in to one of his pockets in his vest and pulled out the letter and handed it to Cosmo for him to read. ((the letter is on page one of the thread, but I'll post what it says here anyways)) The letter was written:

My loyal shadow,

I knew eventually you'd end up at one of the supplies depots for you trade mark cider. This note is specially enchanted to teleport to which ever depot has your favorite hard cider tampered with first. The reason I do this is because I have something extremely important to tell you. You are the last Shade. And as my shadow, I give you this very important mission. There is rumored to be survivors. Nothing solid, though. I need you to find them and bring them to one of the NLR supply depots. We need them on our side! There should be a bottle of dragon fire hidden in one of the cider boxes. Use it to send me a note as soon as you can get them to safety. Gods speed!

Luna

"I should probably explain something to you. I'm not exactly who I said I was." David explained, shifting back in to his normal form again "Yes I'm with the NLR, but I'm not a normal soldier. I'm part of a special recon group called the Shades. Our mission was to find out any information on anything that could pose a threat to the NLR, then find it's weak spot. If the threat was to great for a normal army or even special forces, then they would send one of us on a surgical strike mission to take out anything especially useful. I keep using past tense because, as the letter points out, I am the last Shade. I need someone I can trust to help and, since you obviously have Luna's trust as you stated you've worked for her before, I'd like to offer you a position as a Shade."

Cosmo thought about the offer for a moment and eventually just went with the answer he'd felt immediately, "No. I'm not the kind of pony who'll work for the NLR or any large group. Even my affiliation with my church is agreement with their beliefs, but I work best in my own way. I'm sorry, but I'm an friend of the NLR, not a soldier for them.

Skuldaf slammed his hoof at the mention of Luna.

He then heard Skuldaf nearby and gave him a puzzled stare, "What's wrong with you?" Edited by TheBreech

David heard a noise and turned towards the door way to see the someone standing there. "It's that one that kept getting in everyone's face about killing the changelings" David thought to himself "He doesn't have a cutie mark!" Poe pointed out. David just nodded to himself then stepped up to the pony. "Hi, we haven't been properly introduced have we? I'm David. What's your name? Also, might I ask, how long were you standing there?"

"My name is Skuldaf, unit 16. I followed you here from the bank" Skuldaf said in a clipped, emotionless tone. This pony was an agent of the same monster who had kidnapped him from his bed and destroyed his ability to get a Cutie Mark! Every bit of training in his body told him to kill the pony, but he settled simply for glaring at him

Cosmo thought about the offer for a moment and eventually just went with the answer he'd felt immediately, "No. I'm not the kind of pony who'll work for the NLR or any large group. Even my affiliation with my church is agreement with their beliefs, but I work best in my own way. I'm sorry, but I'm an friend of the NLR, not a soldier for them.

David turned around as he heard Cosmo voice his decision. "D'arvit" "I see. Well, to address your concerns, we're not really soldiers. We technically don't even exist. No pony on the outside except the Princess knows about us...well, me. But now you do. Anyways, the offer always stands. If you ever need anything, I can give you the codes to this supply depot." David then turned back to the nameless, and as Poe pointed out markless pony to hear his reply.

"My name is Skuldaf, unit 16. I followed you here from the bank" Skuldaf said in a clipped, emotionless tone. This pony was an agent of the same monster who had kidnapped him from his bed and destroyed his ability to get a Cutie Mark! Every bit of training in his body told him to kill the pony, but he settled simply for glaring at him

"Ah," David replied, oblivious to the murderous feelings welling up inside Skuldaf, "Well, nice to meet you Skuldaf. If I may be so inquisitive, what is unit 16 exactly, and did you hear my entire conversation with Cosmo?" "Oh dear Luna. You are slow sometimes. If looks could kill, you'd be dead 100 different ways right now." David just, unwisely, ignored Poe believing that he was taking to much meaning from the glare he was receiving.

Edited by Dave Pyro

David turned around as he heard Cosmo voice his decision. "D'arvit" "I see. Well, to address your concerns, we're not really soldiers. We technically don't even exist. No pony on the outside except the Princess knows about us...well, me. But now you do. Anyways, the offer always stands. If you ever need anything, I can give you the codes to this supply depot." David then turned back to the nameless, and as Poe pointed out markless pony to hear his reply.

"Ah," David replied, oblivious to the murderous feelings welling up inside Skuldaf, "Well, nice to meet you Skuldaf. If I may be so inquisitive, what is unit 16 exactly, and did you hear my entire conversation with Cosmo?" "Oh dear Luna. You are slow sometimes. If looks could kill, you'd be dead 100 different ways right now." David just, unwisely, ignored Poe believing

that he was taking to much meaning from the glare he was receiving.

"Unit 16 was my name while in the wit-, I mean Luna's project. Skuldaf is a name I chose after I left" Skuldaf said, hopeful that no pony had caught his word slip of almost calling Luna a witch. It was all he could do to keep quiet by gritting his teeth, remembering the number system in the program. No pony had a name, just a number which stripped them of their identity, not that he had an identity being foal-napped before he could walk.  

"Shisno! He's one of the children of the night. David! He's-" David couldn't stand it anymore. "I know what that is, and you're wrong! His group was based off of that! The children of the night were a completely peaceful colony! What he's talking about is..." David trailed off as he realized he had just replied to Poe out loud. Deciding to keep using the radio cover up story he had made up before, he quickly replied "No, never mind, now is not a good time. Call me back later! Sorry about that gents." David said, turning back to Cosmo and Skuldaf, "Now where were we. Ah, right. Well, glad you could join us. Feel free to step inside and have something to eat and drink if you need it. Just do please leave the hard cider in the back alone, it's some of my favorite." David replied extremely distractedly.

Edited by Dave Pyro

Skuldaf cocked his head at the pony in front of him. Where was this radio? Then again, he didn't really use technology, perhaps radios had improved since the last year. The peaceful colony story interested him though.

"What is this, "Children of the Night"?" Skuldaf questioned to David. A peaceful colony would be a good place to start replanting. 

"Radio..?" Cosmo felt his entire body react to the most pathetic lie he'd ever heard... Having answered David's question, and being clues about the Project, Children of Night, colonies or whatever else they were talking about, Cosmo simply said, "I'm going to get something to drink but don't worry, I've never much of one for cider anyway..."

Skuldaf cocked his head at the pony in front of him. Where was this radio? Then again, he didn't really use technology, perhaps radios had improved since the last year. The peaceful colony story interested him though.

"What is this, "Children of the Night"?" Skuldaf questioned to David. A peaceful colony would be a good place to start replanting.

"Hmm? Oh! Yes, hi. Sorry, I was thinking. The children of the night. Uh...Hmmm. Where to start." "Careful, he seems to have simmered down now, but if he hears this and thinks that they were kidnapped like him, well..." David only nodded a few times before continuing. "This all happened a long time ago. Right after Discord was turned to stone. I only know this because I love to read and have...had access to the royal archives. Anyways, right after the tyranny of Discord was ended, back when Celestia and Luna were on speaking terms, Luna came forward with a proposition. She was saddened by every ponies struggles and offered to create a new colony under the moon where life would be easier. Celestia didn't like the idea though and forbade it. So one night, Luna gathered some of the orphans and homeless fillies and colts and took them to a small settlement she had set up for them. They lived there a long time. They were very happy there and, as promised, life was easier. I don't know if they are still around. Or how they were found out. That's about all I know. Sorry." David replied, a sheepish look covering his face again.

"Radio..?" Cosmo felt his entire body react to the most pathetic lie he'd ever heard... Having answered David's question, and being clues about the Project, Children of Night, colonies or whatever else they were talking about, Cosmo simply said, "I'm going to get something to drink but don't worry, I've never much of one for cider anyway..."

David turned to him, glad to be able to look away from Skuldaf. "He creeps me out. First it looks like he's gonna kill you where you stand. Now it looks like he could hug you for mentioning some peaceful colony." David just grunted and took a breath to reply to Cosmo. "Thanks. I guess it's kinda a security blanket thing now." He laughed know how pathetic he sounded. David turned back to Skuldaf and said, "I'm going to go inside and get a drink. You want anything?"

Edited by Dave Pyro