Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Deception

EpicApplejack

Cosmo froze as he heard the last part and facehoofed, himself for forgetting that, and David for think Skuldaf was referring to that. "I forgot all about that (OOC not really, never saw that vid), Luna gathered all the orphans of the time for that colony."

Cosmo froze as he heard the last part and facehoofed, himself for forgetting that, and David for think Skuldaf was referring to that. "I forgot all about that (OOC not really, never saw that vid), Luna gathered all the orphans of the time for that colony."

"Yeah. Guess that's one way sum it up. Where did you hear about it? Or did you read about that in the archives as well?" "David, something is off about this guy. When you mentioned the radio again, he acted like he knew you were lying. Dave, I think he know about me. Remember, earlier he said he could sense stuff?" David just kept smiling at Cosmo, but he thought that maybe Poe was right. Something had been off about him when he'd mentioned the radio. "Should I ask him about it though?" David wondered to himself.

"Yeah. Guess that's one way sum it up. Where did you hear about it? Or did you read about that in the archives as well?" "David, something is off about this guy. When you mentioned the radio again, he acted like he knew you were lying. Dave, I think he know about me. Remember, earlier he said he could sense stuff?" David just kept smiling at Cosmo, but he thought that maybe Poe was right. Something had been off about him when he'd mentioned the radio. "Should I ask him about it though?" David wondered to himself.

Skuldaf snarled at the Children of the Night idea. What a wicked plan! No doubt Luna brain-washed them to be her perfect, obedient storm-troopers. Maybe he was judging too quick though. 

"I must have been strange seeing Luna getting adoption papers" Skuldaf said, trying to make what he understood was a joke. The stoic stallion never really understood comedy but he knew it buttered up ponies. Hopefully he could coax more info out.

Skuldaf snarled at the Children of the Night idea. What a wicked plan! No doubt Luna brain-washed them to be her perfect, obedient storm-troopers. Maybe he was judging too quick though.

"I must have been strange seeing Luna getting adoption papers" Skuldaf said, trying to make what he understood was a joke. The stoic stallion never really understood comedy but he knew it buttered up ponies. Hopefully he could coax more info out.

Cosmo chuckled at the thought, "Well she took me in so who knows? Then again, it was a 1000 years ago, and everyone was busy cleaning up after Discord so... maybe nopony noticed... I hope that's not even close to true ..." Cosmo sighed and said, "Either way, their lives couldn't get much worse so if all they had was knowledge that Princess cared about them, they were probably better off." Edited by TheBreech

"Did he just make a joke? First looks like he wants to obliterate you, then he cracks a joke? What is this guy's deal?" David just turns around and replies to Skuldaf's apparent joke. "Well, she didn't exactly adopt them. That would require telling Celestia that she was going through with her plan. She more rescued young fillies and colts who were living on the street and in orphanages. As best as I could understand it, she took them to a small village some where to be taken care of where they never went hungry or thirsty or needed anything again. Oh yeah, the report I got all that from wasn't written by Luna either. It was by Twilight Sparkle, Celestia's student."

Edited by Dave Pyro

Lewis sat off to the side simply listening to the conversations the others were having, not once did he even concider joining in,he found that talking to others was a rather weak point of his but listening and taking information in was a strong point. While he was listening several thoughts raced through his head like if he could really trust these ponies. It seemed to him like everypony was hiding something. He eventually shrugged the idea off and went into the safe house after the others and stood off to the side.

"Did he just make a joke? First looks like he wants to obliterate you, then he cracks a joke? What is this guy's deal?" David just turns around and replies to Skuldaf's apparent joke. "Well, she didn't exactly adopt them. That would require telling Celestia that she was going through with her plan. She more rescued young fillies and colts who were living on the street and in orphanages. As best as I could understand it, she took them to a small village some where to be taken care of where they never went hungry or thirsty or needed anything again. Oh yeah, the report I got all that from wasn't written by Luna either. It was by Twilight Sparkle, Celestia's student."

Skuldaf's eye twitched at the new information. 

"So, she kidnapped them?" Skuldaf said, hating Luna more and more. He really shouldn't have expected anything more, but still, he was surprised. "Twilight Sparkle? Sounds like a Lunar spy" Skuldaf said, anger coursing through him. Every nerve in his body told him to strangle the pony in front of him. He instead put his hoof around him, in a clear indication of his power.

Skuldaf's eye twitched at the new information.

"So, she kidnapped them?" Skuldaf said, hating Luna more and more. He really shouldn't have expected anything more, but still, he was surprised. "Twilight Sparkle? Sounds like a Lunar spy" Skuldaf said, anger coursing through him. Every nerve in his body told him to strangle the pony in front of him. He instead put his hoof around him, in a clear indication of his power.

Cosmo rolled his eyes, "Sure, she kidnapped them from their loving alleyway dumpster houses, and rickety orphanages. Look if you want to start fights, I was an assassin until I was 13, so if you can't forgive ponies for their pasts," Cosmo unsheathed Altair in a smooth motion, "Then I guess we should just cut to the chase right here..." Edited by TheBreech

Cosmo rolled his eyes, "Sure, she kidnapped them from their loving alleyway dumpster houses, and rickety orphanages. Look if you want to start fights, I was an assassin until I was 13, so if you can't forgive ponies for their pasts," Cosmo unsheathed Altair in a smooth motion, "Then I guess we should just cut to the chase right here..."

"So Luna is above the law?" Skuldaf said, frowning at the massive hypocrisy that she exibited. She doesn't even follow her own laws! "I calculate a 15% chance of you beating me, possibly less" Skuldaf droned to Cosmo, not flinching at the blade in front of his face. "An assassin is also vastly better than a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum that nearly killed everypony on the planet" Skuldaf said, his tone breaking into anger for once.

"Everypony listened in to our conversation! If the shades were a secret group before, they sure as hades aren't now." David just merely sighed in exasperation. "Ok. Skuldaf. Have you heard of the elements of Harmony? Their current bearers are, or were, six mares. The leading pony's name is Twilight Sparkle. She was Celestia's personal student in learning the arts of magic. The Children of the Night were discovered a while ago and Celestia sent Twilight to look over the situation. This was quite a while ago. Way before the NLR and SE split. Before Nightmare Moon even. Twilight would have had a bias aginst Luna if any, but, from what I read, she thought it was actually pretty hospitable." David looked back and forth between Skuldaf and Cosmo. "Hades's Helmet! Why are you guys always trying to murder each other?"

"So Luna is above the law?" Skuldaf said, frowning at the massive hypocrisy that she exibited. She doesn't even follow her own laws! "I calculate a 15% chance of you beating me, possibly less" Skuldaf droned to Cosmo, not flinching at the blade in front of his face. "An assassin is also vastly better than a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum that nearly killed everypony on the planet" Skuldaf said, his tone breaking into anger for once.

Cosmo rolled his eyes, "Sure, she kidnapped them from their loving alleyway dumpster houses, and rickety orphanages. Look if you want to start fights, I was an assassin until I was 13, so if you can't forgive ponies for their pasts," Cosmo unsheathed Altair in a smooth motion, "Then I guess we should just cut to the chase right here..."

"You may scoff at the title of Shade, but you don't know what it entails. Did you know I survived the Changeling Hive? I fought Chrisalis and survived to the tail. If you two don't want to end up completely paralyzed for the next hour, I suggest you both calm down!"

Edited by Dave Pyro

"Everypony listened in to our conversation! If the shades were a secret group before, they sure as hades aren't now." David just merely sighed in exasperation. "Ok. Skuldaf. Have you heard of the elements of Harmony? Their current bearers are, or were, six mares. The leading pony's name is Twilight Sparkle. She was Celestia's personal student in learning the arts of magic. The Children of the Night were discovered a while ago and Celestia sent Twilight to look over the situation. This was quite a while ago. Way before the NLR and SE split. Before Nightmare Moon even. Twilight would have had a bias aginst Luna if any, but, from what I read, she thought it was actually pretty hospitable." David looked back and forth between Skuldaf and Cosmo. "Hades's Helmet! Why are you guys always trying to murder each other?"

"He drew a sword on me" Skuldaf said, giving Cosmo a dirty look. "i wasn't going to fight him" Skuldaf continued, musing the angle Twilight brought. "I still won't forgive the one who stole my life and nearly committed genocide while throwing a tantrum" Skuldaf said, his anger turning into a smolder instead of a flame

"He drew a sword on me" Skuldaf said, giving Cosmo a dirty look. "i wasn't going to fight him" Skuldaf continued, musing the angle Twilight brought. "I still won't forgive the one who stole my life and nearly committed genocide while throwing a tantrum" Skuldaf said, his anger turning into a smolder instead of a flame

"Granted everypony is jumpy. That's why I brought us to the depot. To get rest and revitalized. Also, yes what Luna did was bad. But did you know that the program you came from wasn't done with consent from Luna? She was Nightmare Moon when that happened. Also, she has been reverted back to Luna since that time and is now merely trying to keep peace within her own boarders. Not that either side could attack each other anyways. Did you all forget why we're here? It wasn't the SE's fault millions died, it wasn't the NLR's fault the millions died. It was the changelings. Chrysalis saw a chance to start a civil war in her most hated  and greatest enemies country and took it."

• Brohoof 1

Cosmo shook his head and sheathed Altair, "If you aren't going to fight why bother whining about it? Do something and get it over with, or quit getting angry about ancient history that you wouldn't do anything about even if you could..."

Cosmo went into the bunker and got some food and drink, then decided to take a nap.

"You should've just paralyzed them." David just looked around at every pony one last time, shook his head, and went inside. "I need a drink." Walking over to the corner where the cider was he reached in and, for the second time, almost opened the dragon fire bottle again. "NO! Not again! Dragon fire! Remember?" David looked around. Every pony seemed preoccupied so he thought it was safe to have a chat with Poe. After setting the bottle of fire carefully back in the box, he grabbed a couple of boxes with his magic and took them to the back of the depot to think. "I can't call Luna or anypony from the NLR now. Not with that Skuldaf character still angry at her and the NLR. Hmmmm." "We could ditch him. Or I could take him! You know I'm better at straight on fights then you are." David groaned and took a deep swig from a newly opened bottle. "Not this again. We aren't switching control. Last time we did, you nearly caused enough havoc to re-awaken Discord." "Yeah, I know but-" "The answer is no." David paused for a beat. "Cosmo had the right idea. A nap would be lovely. I'm gonna go to sleep." "Fine, what ever. Sweet dreams." David snorted, "Yeah bucking right. Like I ever have good dreams." And with that parting comment, sleep over took him.

Cosmo rested but found himself unsettled by his answer from earlier. "David says he's the last of the Shades... I don't want to see any of Luna's teams cease to be... and that's practically what I do anyway... I could be a solo operative and just give them a way to contact me..." Fade listened to Cosmo's musings but didn't respond out of his own uncertainty as well as some over whether Cosmo was speaking to Fade or to himself.

"Hey, wake up!" David jumped up and immediately assumed a stance of self defense. "Wha- Who? Oh, it's you. Since when could you wake me up? You're part of my conscious. If I fall asleep, so do you." "Apparently not." David could tell from his tone that if Poe was standing in front of David right now, he'd be shrugging. "What ever. I'm gonna grab a drink." He walked over and grabbed another bottle of hard cider and walked over to the door. "The moon sure is pretty tonight. I wish she could see..." David ended the sentence with a sigh and started to walk out the door before turning around and yelling over his shoulder. "I'm gonna grab a breath of fresh air. Be back in a little while." With that and in a flash of blue, he turned in to what appeared to be a dark green earth pony and walked off in to the night.

Edited by Dave Pyro

David ended the sentence with a sigh and started to walk out the door before turning around and yelling over his shoulder. "I'm gonna grab a breath of fresh air. Be back in a little while." With that and in a flash of blue, he turned in to what appeared to be a dark green earth pony and walked off in to the night.

Lewis was curled up into a small ball sleeping near the door dreaming about a mare he rather admired in his orcestra group. Unfortunatly she had a marefriend and barly knew he existed.

He waoke with a start as David shouted that he was getting air. Lewis got up and trotted after him and in the shyest way possible shouted after him, "H-Hey David!/ D-do you mind if I join you?"

Skuldaf looked curiously at the Earth Pony that had left the building. The magical enhancements made him unable to sleep. Had it been his imagination, or had the Earth Pony been David a few seconds ago. Skuldaf decided to follow him, perhaps it was a Changeling spy

Sensiquill stood in the bunker, silent, analyzing every possible detail.  Nopony was talking except for the muffled voices from outside, so when they came in everything got a little less tense. 

He looked over at Whiplash.  She was the first mare he'd seen since even before the war.  "Hello there, I'm Sensiquill.  I didn't really get to meet you earlier."  She was beautiful in the dim light and he hoped to Luna that he was making a good first impression.  "You said your name was Whiplash.  If I may ask, how did you get your cutiemark?"

The dark green earth pony turned and smiled at Lewis. "Sure. Safety in numbers and all that, huh?" As David walked out the door he grabbed a small device with a screen on it. "Special tracking device," He explained to Lewis as they started to walk out of the factory entrance "With this thing, we could go just about anywhere and this little baby would always point us back."

The dark green earth pony turned and smiled at Lewis. "Sure. Safety in numbers and all that, huh?"

Lewis smiled and nodded and followed David out.

As David walked out the door he grabbed a small device with a screen on it. "Special tracking device," He explained to Lewis as they started to walk out of the factory entrance "With this thing, we could go just about anywhere and this little baby would always point us back."

He smiles a little. "C-cool! B-But um... couldn't we just teleport back? I-I mean if we were anything besides unicorns it would be very usefull but... um.. n-nevermind...." He thinks a moment trying to word his next question carefully then asks. "D-do you think we can trust everypony? It seems like they all have some sort of secret..... e-even you do.... I wont question your decisions but the others might..." He looks over at David quizingly.

Lewis smiled and nodded and followed David out.

He smiles a little. "C-cool! B-But um... couldn't we just teleport back? I-I mean if we were anything besides unicorns it would be very usefull but... um.. n-nevermind...." He thinks a moment trying to word his next question carefully then asks. "D-do you think we can trust everypony? It seems like they all have some sort of secret..... e-even you do.... I wont question your decisions but the others might..." He looks over at David quizingly.

"I can't teleport and I doubt most of you can" Skuldaf said, unintentionally sounding snobby. "Teleporting is a very special ability, the fact that you can do it is rare" Skuldaf said before turning to David. 

"I saw you leaving last night" he whispered into his ear.

@@EpicApplejack,

Whiplash had been silently watching the action, but snapped her attention away as a stallion named Sensiquill talked to her. "My cutie mark?" The mare glanced at her side. "Ah. I owe it all to my knack for weather," she said, flaring her gray wings. "When I was younger, I realized I had a talent for making tornadoes, hence the tornado cutie mark," Whiplash grinned slightly.

The mare cocked her head at Sensiquill. It was pretty nice of him to be curious enough to ask about her. "And how did you get yours?" she asked.

"I can't teleport and I doubt most of you can" Skuldaf said, unintentionally sounding snobby. "Teleporting is a very special ability, the fact that you can do it is rare"

Lewis's ears fell back and he lowered his head. "I-I didn't try to be boastful....I-I just saw that david vould teleport too a-and.... I-I'm so-sorry..." THen says in a small voice "but you didn't have to be so mean  about it...." after that he kept his head down trying not to cause another problem.

@@Moonlight Fire

"Oh this thing,"  Sensiquill gestured toward his flank, "The notepad and quill represent my skills as an analyst and planner.  I like to think I suppose... You know, puzzles and such"  He looked into her eyes then chuckled slightly,  "It's nice to meet someone who isn't actively trying to kill you now-a-days.  So, what did you do?  I mean before all this happened."  By 'this he meant the war, the death, the suffering, it was all so terrible.  He just wanted a way out, although deep down he understood that some things were just inevitable.