Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Deception

EpicApplejack

Lewis woke up sloely from his uneasy sleep and looked around. He saw David had returned so he hot up and trotted over to the other stallio. "H-hey David.... D-do you mind of I join you?" He asked before sitting down next to him. "D-did you find what you were looking for?"

David turned around at hearing his name and saw Lewis walking up to him. Smiling, he replied "Sure. And yeah, I heard some pony in the city scream so I went off to find them, and well, I found her." He smiled as he made his horn glow a little so he could see Lewis better. "Anyways, get a good rest? We might be heading out soon. Probably going to move to another depot if every pony is ok with that. Seeing as this one is wrecked now and basically out of supplies."

David turned around at hearing his name and saw Lewis walking up to him. Smiling, he replied "Sure. And yeah, I heard some pony in the city scream so I went off to find them, and well, I found her." He smiled as he made his horn glow a little so he could see Lewis better. "Anyways, get a good rest? We might be heading out soon. Probably going to move to another depot if every pony is ok with that. Seeing as this one is wrecked now and basically out of supplies."

Lewis shrugged a little. "I-it was okay..., though I guess I shouldn't complain about getting sleep should I?" He laughs a little and glances over at David squinting a bit trying to adjust to the light. "It's probably a good idea to move.... The changelings probably know where we are by now..."

Lewis shrugged a little. "I-it was okay..., though I guess I shouldn't complain about getting sleep should I?" He laughs a little and glances over at David squinting a bit trying to adjust to the light. "It's probably a good idea to move.... The changelings probably know where we are by now..."

David almost laughed aloud. "I'm going to say that there is a 90% chance that they know we're here. When one memeber of your group has to create magical fireworks or the equivalent to it to be able to put himself to sleep, I'd say there is a fair chance they know we're here. Why they haven't attacked...eh, I'm not quite sure." David stared thoughtfully off in to the distance, then turned back and looked at Lewis. "Good job with that teleporting spell by the way. When I was your age, I don't know if I could've pulled off teleporting two ponies. That was really good work."

Cosmo walked by and gave Lewis a playfully confused look, "What makes you say that?" He chuckled and looks toward Skuldaf's fireworks display. "If it makes you feel better, the changelings that were in the area are dead. When the patrol failed to report, they apparently gathered the nearby troops to investigate and track us down. I met them about halfway earlier. I think you can figure out the rest." Cosmo smiled and stepped outside to get some air and ask a few more questions from David, "If I join the Shades, who would I have to report to if anyone?"

(Incorrect setting details but you get the idea...)

Edited by TheBreech
  • Brohoof 1

David almost laughed aloud. "I'm going to say that there is a 90% chance that they know we're here. When one memeber of your group has to create magical fireworks or the equivalent to it to be able to put himself to sleep, I'd say there is a fair chance they know we're here. Why they haven't attacked...eh, I'm not quite sure." David stared thoughtfully off in to the distance, then turned back and looked at Lewis. "Good job with that teleporting spell by the way. When I was your age, I don't know if I could've pulled off teleporting two ponies. That was really good work."

Lewis thought for a moment. "Maybe they're just waiting...." Lewis smiled and blushed lightly at the apraisle. "U-um th-thanks David.... But I dunno if I could do more than that.... I think I was lucky enough I teleported both of us entirely... I don't know why I tried it knowing ssome pony could have lost a limb.... Maybe I wanted to impress her?" He sakes his head. "I think I just wanted to prove I was useful after freezing up..."

• Brohoof 1

Lewis thought for a moment. "Maybe they're just waiting...." Lewis smiled and blushed lightly at the apraisle. "U-um th-thanks David.... But I dunno if I could do more than that.... I think I was lucky enough I teleported both of us entirely... I don't know why I tried it knowing ssome pony could have lost a limb.... Maybe I wanted to impress her?" He sakes his head. "I think I just wanted to prove I was useful after freezing up..."

David grinned. "Well, either way, good job." He nodded the direction Cosmo had gone, "Pardon me, I need to talk to him about this. Would you mind taking over watch for a while? Just yell or do something if you think anything is up ok? I'll be right back." He got up and walked over to where Cosmo was standing.

Cosmo walked by and gave Lewis a playfully confused look, "What makes you say that?" He chuckled and looks toward Skuldaf's fireworks display. "If it makes you feel better, the changelings that were in the area are dead. When the patrol failed to report, they apparently gathered the nearby troops to investigate and track us down. I met them about halfway earlier. I think you can figure out the rest." Cosmo smiled and stepped outside to get some air and ask a few more questions from David, "If I join the Shades, who would I have to report to if anyone?"

(Incorrect setting details but you get the idea...)

The first question out of Cosmo's mouth nearly made David laugh aloud for a second time that night. After re-gaining his composure, he looked at Cosmo with an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, I know the dead isn't something to laugh about...To answer your question, no...well...yes and no. You see, I work directly from Luna. She usually sends me letters or comes and finds me in person if she needs anything. So yes you would report to her...and possibly me as I am the highest ranking...and most probably only surviving member of the group at the current moment." He sighed and looked off at the stars, wondering if any of his companions had survived the attack.

Skuldaf growled at the mention of Luna before his horn crackled. 

"Please stay back" Skuldaf droned before an explosion occurred with him as the nexus. As the dust cleared, his horn finally stopped acting up. "Did you have to kill the Changelings?" Skuldaf asked of Cosmo as he walked towards him

David turned to Skuldaf, feeling his anger rise. "I've about had ENOUGH! Tell me, before you were an experiment, did you have a family? Do you remember them? Do you remember being taken from them? You must! Is that the reason for your hatred towards Luna? That she foal napped you? Or is it just the fact that you were turned in to a destructive super soldier? Imagine this. I had friends, family, co-workers. They were all killed by the changelings! All of them! Some of them, my friends, were changelings without my knowledge. They lie, deceive. It's what they do! You remember the hurt you feel about losing your family, your friends? How you hate Luna because of it? That's what happened to every pony else! That's why we are ok with killing them. We hate them the same you hate Luna. Make the connection!" David stopped, out of breath. He looked around and blushed slightly. "Sorry...I...I don't know what came over me." He turned around and wandered back in to the bunker.

Skuldaf growled at the mention of Luna before his horn crackled. 

"Please stay back" Skuldaf droned before an explosion occurred with him as the nexus. As the dust cleared, his horn finally stopped acting up. "Did you have to kill the Changelings?" Skuldaf asked of Cosmo as he walked towards him

Lewis flinched as he heard the explosion, he got up and galloped to where the others were. "W-What was that!? I-I swear I didn't see any changelings....." He saw the crater around Skuldaf. "O-oh..."

David turned to Skuldaf, feeling his anger rise. "I've about had ENOUGH! Tell me, before you were an experiment, did you have a family? Do you remember them? Do you remember being taken from them? You must! Is that the reason for your hatred towards Luna? That she foal napped you? Or is it just the fact that you were turned in to a destructive super soldier? Imagine this. I had friends, family, co-workers. They were all killed by the changelings! All of them! Some of them, my friends, were changelings without my knowledge. They lie, deceive. It's what they do! You remember the hurt you feel about losing your family, your friends? How you hate Luna because of it? That's what happened to every pony else! That's why we are ok with killing them. We hate them the same you hate Luna. Make the connection!" David stopped, out of breath. He looked around and blushed slightly. "Sorry...I...I don't know what came over me." He turned around and wandered back in to the bunker.

Lewis's eyes got big, somewhat supprised by Davids out burst. "W-Whats the problem with luna?.... I like her... she's really nice...." He turned around and trotted after David to see if he was ok. "H-hey David... Y-you alright? That was one big outburst...."

"I don't remember my family" Skuldaf said as he walked up to David. "I don't even know what gender I am since we were sterilized for the program" Skuldaf snarled, his teeth gritted. "I don't even have a name, my given name is Unit 16, I chose Skuldaf after I fled" the unicorn finished before stamping the ground. "I hate Luna because she ripped apart my identity and turned me into a puppet, the Changelings are doing what they need to survive" he said, his voice never rising above a certain tone before taking a deep breath

Whiplash quietly woke up and tapped Sensiquill on the shoulder to let him know she had to go do something, and slowly walked into the crumbling bunker. She had heard David's angered outburst, which was a bit unlike his character. After hearing Skuldaf's angry reply, she turned her head towards the two stallions.

@, @,

"Alright, it's become obvious emotions are running kind of hard tonight. We're all exhausted, and all need some sleep," the Pegasus pleaded, suppressing a yawn. "Wow, since when have I become the peacemaker? I'm usually the one who starts a fight," she murmured quietly to herself with a frown.

David nodded at the group. "Thanks, I'm sorry...It's just...You know why Poe exists? Changelings. Chrysalis to be exact. You know why the world is now in chaos? Changelings. You know why I'm stuck here, crazier then a bottle of cider and not actually out making a difference? Changelings! Exactly! I...I'm sorry. There's something I need to do." He smiled at the group, then lit up his horn and disappeared in a flash, invisibility taking hold of him. He walked out of their midst, and in to the bunker where he picked up the small tracking device he had been using earlier. He turned it on, then switched to it's note function and wrote a quick note, detailing how to get a hold of him should he be needed. He then set it down in the door way for anypony to find and turned around, looking for the secret exit that the other ponies had found earlier. He started walking down the tunnel, knowing exactly where he was going. He moved from a walk to a trot, then to a gallop until he reached the other end and came out in to the the midst of an old building. Still invisible, he was about to leave the building when he heard hissing. Quickly ducking behind a nearby bit of debris, he peaked over to see...Luna? He quickly pulled his head back down to process the information. "Maybe she got tired of waiting to hear from you and came to see you?" "Shut up," David whispered "You're not helping." He peaked over the box he was hiding behind again and saw...Luna and a changeling, no, a changeling elite? Elite's were Chrysalis's personal guards. Bigger then most changelings...what was one doing here talking to...Luna? If you called what the changelings did talking. He watched as they hissed at each other a moment more, then saw, to his utter astonishment, the first changeling shift to look like Luna while Luna herself shifted back in to another changeling elite form. "Oh my..." David didn't say anything, just stared at the scene unfolding before him. He almost jumped when a third changeling elite walked past him and hissed at the other two. They jumped and turned quickly towards the third as he walked up to them. He nodded and they all sat down. Apparently waiting for something. "What's wrong with them? They look...well, very malnourished." David was about to leave to tell his companions about what had just happened when Celestia herself flew through a window and landed in the middle of the three other changelings. David knew what was coming, and when the flash of green flame appeared and Celestia changed in to an elite changeling, he wasn't surprised. The third changeling that had walked past David shifted to look like Celestia, and then flew off in to the sky, with the Luna changeling. "This is bad, this is very extremely not good." (((Kudos to who ever recognizes the reference there))) David stood up and was about to make a dash for the entrance when he heard a loud hiss, two hisses, simultaneously. He turned and saw that the two remaining elite changelings were looking right at him. "How..." David looked down and saw, to his horror that he was now visible. "Oh buck!" He started to cast a spell when everything faded. "Wha-" "I can't have you getting us killed. I'll fight them, then give you control whenever we come back in contact with your friends." In a blast of magic energy, Poe shifted to his darker form, his Poe self. Red eye's gleaming he smiled and started walking towards the changelings who hissed and backed away. He smiled a dark smile. "They're retreating. We won!" David glared. "That was way to easy...they don't just run away..." Poe looked around as the changelings, seemingly cowered in the corner. He noticed that the floor of the building above him had some how been removed. His smile faded. "IT'S A TRAP!" Poe's eyes widened as a sea of small blue eyes opened on the ceiling. "NO! You won't capture me again! I won't go back! I'll take you all to hades with me!" Upon this declaration, he gathered up all his magical energy he could and released it all at once. The explosion shook the earth, incinerated the building and all it's occupants. David's last thought before Poe let the explosion loose was "I hope this doesn't hurt." Then blackness took over as the building crumbled around him.

Sensiquill paced back and forth for a long time. He hated fighting of any kind, let alone the arguing within the group of refugees.  This is not to say that he thought death was evil in itself.  The stallion was only against killing if there was good to come from it.  He simply despised the petty bitterness that ends up in faulty communication and eventually a pony's demise.  He has seen it happen far too many times...

@@Moonlight Fire

"Hey Whiplash, thanks for breaking those two up earlier."  The stallion let out a sigh of exasperation, "The last thing we need is to be divided."

Sensiquill paced back and forth for a long time. He hated fighting of any kind, let alone the arguing within the group of refugees. This is not to say that he thought death was evil in itself. The stallion was only against killing if there was good to come from it. He simply despised the petty bitterness that ends up in faulty communication and eventually a pony's demise. He has seen it happen far too many times...

@@Moonlight Fire

"Hey Whiplash, thanks for breaking those two up earlier." The stallion let out a sigh of exasperation, "The last thing we need is to be divided."

Whiplash nodded to the stallion. "Somebody had to do it. They were really getting into it," she said shaking her head. "But now I'm wondering where David went. I hope he's alright," the mare fretted, a hint of worry creeping into her voice. Whiplash glanced at Skuldaf, hoping he had cooled down.

The third changeling that had walked past David shifted to look like Celestia, and then flew off in to the sky, with the Luna changeling.

(Did I mention the Changeling Apocalypse made Cosmo reeaally enjoy fights? Lol)

Cosmo heard the explosion and woke from having zoned out. He was annoyed but then realized it wasn't Skuldaf. He got curious and muttering an explanation to the group but he was too focused on the noise. About halfway to David, he saw Celestia and Luna flying above him, but couldn't feel their magic. "Changelings..." Cosmo and Fade thought simultaneously. Cosmo decided to follow them, trying to stay out of sight, which unfortunately meant hoping the didn't look down to see him hovering after them.

(If you don't mind, is appreciate you controlling them bro. Unless they're storyline significant, then I'll just follow until you don't want me to.)

Skuldaf growled as his meditation was interrupted by an explosion and the beating of wings. Skuldaf looked up to see Cosmo flying after Celestia and Luna. Well, he could kill Luna for all he cared but Celestia was off limits.

"Hey! Leave Celestia alone" Skuldaf called out to Cosmo

Skuldaf growled as his meditation was interrupted by an explosion and the beating of wings. Skuldaf looked up to see Cosmo flying after Celestia and Luna. Well, he could kill Luna for all he cared but Celestia was off limits.

"Hey! Leave Celestia alone" Skuldaf called out to Cosmo

Cosmo shot Shuldaf a nasty glare, and a telepathic message, "Are you out of your mind?! Those are changelings I'm following! DON'T EXPOSE ME TO THEM!" Cosmo was amazed by how easily Skuldaf thought they were the real princesses... Or how he thought Cosmo would attack Luna...

The two sisters nodded to each other then flew off in separate directions, Celestia east and Luna west. They kept flying like that until they were far enough apart. Then, in a flash of gold and blue magic, they both teleported and disappeared from sight.

Poe groaned. "What just happened?" He felt drained. He tried to move but was pinned down. He couldn't see, he couldn't move, it was hard to breath! "What is going on?!?!" "Calm down, you're gonna get us killed. Stop moving! Don't you remember what happened?" Poe started to shake his head, then thought about what David had just said and thought better of it. "N...No. I- Wait! I do remember...Luna and Celestia are...changelings?" "Yes, and then we were caught when we tried to escape to tell every pony. You took over some how, and were about to take on two changeling elites. Turns out the whole thing was a trap." "Right, then I tried to take them all with me. So, we can assume that we're trapped under rubble? From my spell destroying the building?" "It appears that way." "Huh. We're not back at full strength yet either. So we just wait here, and rest?" "I guess. How about this, lets wait to get our strength back, or for some pony to find us. Whichever comes first. If we recover first, then we can try to start moving rubble...though these pieces or stone are huge! I doubt we're going to be able to move them." "Maybe we could teleport?" "Let's just wait for now. We'll cross that bridge when we get there." Poe relaxed and went limp to try and find a comfortable spot. Hard to do on rubble like that, but he did what he could. "Now...we wait."

Edited by Dave Pyro

Whiplash narrowed her eyes as she saw Luna and Celestia fly past her. No doubt, they looked exactly like the princesses, but why in Equestria would they be here right now? That had to mean they were changelings. The mare spotted Cosmo following them, and shouted, "Hey! Wait up!" With a flash, Luna and Celestia disappeared. Whiplash stopped mid flight, her eyes trained on the sky.

As Cosmo calmed down from chasing the changelings, as well as expelling the irritation of everyone saying hi to him during the chase, Fade suggested they return to the explosion to see what blew up exactly. When they got there, they saw Poe in the rubble. Fade had no advice and Cosmo wasn't sure if he should free him until David regained control... "Hey Poe, is David in there?" Cosmo began looking into David's mind only to find it secure, and more importantly, stable. "Should I be worried there's no struggle in there..?"

Edited by TheBreech

As Cosmo calmed down from chasing the changelings, as well as expelling the irritation of everyone saying hi to him during the chase, Fade suggested they return to the explosion to see what blew up exactly. When they got there, they saw Poe in the rubble. Fade had no advice and Cosmo wasn't sure if he should free him until David regained control... "Hey Poe, is David in there?" Cosmo began looking into David's mind only to find it secure, and more importantly, stable. "Should I be worried there's no struggle in there..?"

Poe looked around, or tried to. It was hard for one to look around when one is pinned and covered in ruble. "Was that...that was Cosmo wasn't it?" "Indeed it was. You know how suspicious he is of you. You better watch your step around him, or we're both going to be short a head." "Ok, ok. I don't feel like fighting right now anyways." Poe raised his voice "Hey Cosmo. Everything's fine. David's sitting tight up in here with me. If you could free us, that would be lovely!"

(((((I'm kinda lost, but I'll do my best...)))))

Star Rolled her eyes at the "colt drama". But she just kept quiet and followed the group. I have absolutely no idea what's going on, she thought, caught up in a daydream, and ignoring the yelling and fights happening around her.

Poe looked around, or tried to. It was hard for one to look around when one is pinned and covered in ruble. "Was that...that was Cosmo wasn't it?" "Indeed it was. You know how suspicious he is of you. You better watch your step around him, or we're both going to be short a head." "Ok, ok. I don't feel like fighting right now anyways." Poe raised his voice "Hey Cosmo. Everything's fine. David's sitting tight up in here with me. If you could free us, that would be lovely!"

Cosmo was hesitant. If Poe had taken complete control that would explain the stability in his mind... and the explosion. Cosmo sighed and decided Poe was too weak to be an immediate threat and he wasn't the kind of colt to think ahead. With a telekinetic push, Cosmo threw the rubble off of Poe and completely freed him. "Well now that that's taken care maybe we should... AAHHHHH!" Cosmo screamed in pain as the spell triggered effects of weeks of physical, mental, and magical exertion he'd been holding back to kick into the biggest headache he'd ever felt. Within moments, he was curled up on the ground, head in his hoofs and blood slowly flowing out of his right eye. "P-p-poe... Get me to the bunker and I won't interfere with anything you do... HELP ME!!!" Cosmo trembled and convulsed until he finally laid still, alive but unconscious.

@@TheBreech

Poe's eyes widened. "What the?" "Poe! Do as he says! NOW! There's medical supplies back at the bunker!" Poe closed his eyes and concentrated. His horn flashed blue and suddenly they were back in the bunker. "Switch with me!" Poe nodded and felt himself move to the back of David's mind as David took control. David knelt down to Cosmo, speaking slowly so that he was sure Cosmo would be able to understand him, even though the pain he was feeling. "Cosmo, Poe used all his magic energy in that blast and teleporting us here, but I have some left myself. I'm going to channel some in to you. It should speed up your recovery ok? This will intensify the pain, but only for a moment. You should start to feel better in about a minute." Saying this, David touched his horn to Cosmo's head and started to channel his magic in to Cosmo. His horn glowed a calming green for about three minutes before he ran out of magic. David slumped over in to unconsciousness.

@@TheBreech

Poe's eyes widened. "What the?" "Poe! Do as he says! NOW! There's medical supplies back at the bunker!" Poe closed his eyes and concentrated. His horn flashed blue and suddenly they were back in the bunker. "Switch with me!" Poe nodded and felt himself move to the back of David's mind as David took control. David knelt down to Cosmo, speaking slowly so that he was sure Cosmo would be able to understand him, even though the pain he was feeling. "Cosmo, Poe used all his magic energy in that blast and teleporting us here, but I have some left myself. I'm going to channel some in to you. It should speed up your recovery ok? This will intensify the pain, but only for a moment. You should start to feel better in about a minute." Saying this, David touched his horn to Cosmo's head and started to channel his magic in to Cosmo. His horn glowed a calming green for about three minutes before he ran out of magic. David slumped over in to unconsciousness.

Cosmo slowly returned to consciousness, and eventually got up to find David passed out near him. Fade appeared, "Cosmo, by the night what were you thinking?!" Cosmo rolled his eyes, "I'm alive..." Fade face hoofed hard enough to join the pile of unconscious bodies if he wasn't a ghost, "Just get your friend to the bunker..." Cosmo smirked and slung David over his shoulder and got him back to the base, laying him on one of the beds everyone seemed oblivious of.