Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

No Lunch From Home Without A Doctor's Note For School

Bright Honor

http://www.realfarmacy.com/no-lunches-from-home-without-doctors-note-school-lunch-only/

According to this, the federal government has decided that children attending school cannot pack a lunch from home to eat at school unless they have a doctor's note. Apparently this is for profit and controls.

So in conclusion, those attending school in the US are going to almost have to eat the school cafeteria food.

Thoughts? i am personally against this...

I'm personally against it. I can understand it if a kid was bringing a can of soda to school and a bunch of junk food but I don't really see it that often. Plus, some people have a dietary preference (possibly being a vegan or a vegetarian like I) and the cafeteria might not have the necessary food for them. It's just a mess and kids should be allowed bringing lunch to school without needing a stupid doctor's note over something so trivial. Those are my thoughts.

• Brohoof 4

I'm going to call BS on this.  Sounds more like the school implemented their own rules on this.  

IF real:

it's a terrible idea because:::

- there are no vegetarian options.  not everyone eats meat/dairy products, and that's all i'm seeing on the menu.

- it is far from healthy.  even if you do eat meat, chicken nuggets and hot dogs are not nutritional in any way.  sorry guys, it's not.  and i see no vegetables at all on there.

- there are foods on there that are common allergy foods, especially the peanut butter.  that will kill a kid if they have a peanut allergy.

- it is not up to the government to tell parents that they can't feed their own kids.

• Brohoof 6

Wow...

I thought this was about ensuring that children had a nutritious lunch because of the whole obesity thing. Boy was I wrong, just look at that menu they're serving, so much salt! The rushed lunches I make for myself in under 15 minutes are probably healthier than whatever they're serving as food.

And a doctors note? Really?...

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

I don't like the idea; it's way too controlling in general. That said, I don't really trust this article that much: I'm getting some strange vibes from the wording and the website itself. I'm pretty sure this is just one school's policy at worst, but it's still kind of ridiculous.

Edited by Mutemutt

Let's look up that domain.

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/realfarmacy.com?utm_source=addon&utm_content=rw-viewsc

"Their legal disclaimer on the top says it all. Much like how fortune tellers have a footnote that says "for entertainment purposes only."

Not all the information is bad information, but much of it is scientifically inaccurate or promoting the agenda of anarchists and conspiracy theories. (note my yellow rating, not red)

One should double check the facts of anything they read here with original sources of the underlying data from organizations without an ideological perspective on reality. This of course is true of everything we read on the web, but this website seems to have an unusually high amount of factually incorrect perspectives."

Nothing to see here guys, just another dumb conspiracy theory site.

Further, I did my own research into this and could not find any relevant information, so I seriously doubt this is real.

Edited by Daring
  • Brohoof 2

There actually is a school that has either passed or been trying to pass a law that kids can't bring their own lunch from home.  But this particular school is in a poor area, and they actually cook healthy food for the kids there, so that one makes a little more sense.  This one is just screaming wrong though.

• Brohoof 1

Let's look up that domain.

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/realfarmacy.com?utm_source=addon&utm_content=rw-viewsc

"Their legal disclaimer on the top says it all. Much like how fortune tellers have a footnote that says "for entertainment purposes only."

Not all the information is bad information, but much of it is scientifically inaccurate or promoting the agenda of anarchists and conspiracy theories. (note my yellow rating, not red)

One should double check the facts of anything they read here with original sources of the underlying data from organizations without an ideological perspective on reality. This of course is true of everything we read on the web, but this website seems to have an unusually high amount of factually incorrect perspectives."

Nothing to see here guys, just another dumb conspiracy theory site.

Further, I did my own research into this and could not find any relevant information, so I seriously doubt this is real.

Ah I see. In that case, thank you very much Daring.

This is utterly ridiculous, and I thought my old highschool program was bad. They shouldn't restrict what anyone eats to just what they are having, and seriously who would have the time to go to the doctors just to eat a darn lunch. If this article is real, however, I would just simply not eat anything at all in protest, especially if you have to pay for the meal.

• Brohoof 1

This is utterly ridiculous, and I thought my old highschool program was bad. They shouldn't restrict what anyone eats to just what they are having, and seriously who would have the time to go to the doctors just to eat a darn lunch. If this article is real, however, I would just simply not eat anything at all in protest, especially if you have to pay for the meal.

As Daring said, there's a good chance that this could just be a conspiracy theory.

If true it would most certainly be unfair.

Well I'm glad to be Canadian then. I've had those sorts of controls imposed on me in a private school, and it was terrible. Cafeteria food was free to suck all they wanted, and my lunches there were traumatic for the most part. If profit really is the only reason for disallowing food brought from home, then shame on the education system. 

Sides, their system's already sucky, considering how many high school students are illiterate. Get that sorted out first why don't you?

I sympathize with schools when it comes to funding, but I also sympathize with children because I remember cafeteria food and the high school cheese sticks that people used to bounce off the walls or stick to the ceilings...

Edited by Cygnus

Hm. While the article has many good points, I found it rather silly to read XD It's written in a very childish, conspiratorial manner, which just makes it kind of annoying. Sentences like "The children are a target..." just make me want to laugh.

But, this whole note thing is just... dumb. Kids are sneaky little turds, so, they'll sneak around the rule fairly fast, I garuntee. Or they'll just not eat lunch. Who knows.

And then schools tell us they make healthy food... as we collect the pizza drippings in little ketchup cups then then throw them at each other. Honestly, the food's more fun to play with than anything else LOL

• Brohoof 1

Fake. Calling it, and what Daring said makes me believe that even more.

It would have way too many parents in an outrage. The way people are, they'd want to do something about it, especially with something as stupid as that. It'd be all over international news...

Imagine if they were to do that though...and if it held up through all that^

That would suck for a whole lot of people.

I'm sorry, but you genuinely believe RealFarmacy? Oh, my sides.

As far as I remember this is a story from the 21st of October from MomDot, and are you really going to take that website seriously? I also believe it was made more public by Before It's News.

Edited by Doge