Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request "Batmare Begins" Cover Art Request: I'm Desperate

Batbrony

OK, so the gist of this topic is that I need some cover art for my fan fic "Batmare Begins".  Now, before I get into the actual request itself, let me explain just how desperate I am at this point; I have been trying since early April to get some new cover art for my fic.  In the almost 8 months since I began trying to get one little piece of cover art made, I have gone through two artists, both of whom promised to make something for me but never produced (one just appears to have completely forgotten about my request and ignored my messages when I asked if she'd remembered, the other just got himself banned from MLP Forums, so I highly doubt I'll be hearing from him anytime soon).  At this point, I'm desperate, I really, really am :(; I'm not trying to sound like I'm begging, but please, if somebody could just out of the goodness of his/her heart take up my request, that would really just make my day and I'd be truly, sincerely grateful.  While I really can't pay at the moment (or at least I suppose I couldn't pay anymore than $5 if it really came down to payment being a necessity), I can provide advertisement in the fic description itself (i.e. I'd be sure to give a big shout-out to whoever did the cover art and also recommend you to any other friends looking for a good artist, including any willing to pay).  Beyond that, however, I'm sorry but I can't provide much besides advertisement and my friendship in exchange for anyone's services.  :(

Well, now that that's outta the way, best get onto the request itself.  For any still interested in taking up my request, you will find a description of what I'd specifically like to see in the cover art in the spoiler tag below.  If you'd like to take up my request, either reply here or shoot me a PM and we can discuss any more details about the cover art.  Again, to whoever does take up my request, I will be very, very, very, very, very grateful; it's been very frustrating trying to just get one piece of cover art, and I just wanna see it done.

Cover Art Request

For the cover art, to replace the one I already have (which is one I just found online), I was wondering if you'd be willing to do a pic of Batmare (Derpy in a batsuit, of course), maybing standing on a roof in Ponyville. Background doesn't have to be that detailed, night sky would be fine, but whatever you come up with will work I'm sure. As for the batsuit, go crazy, be as creative as you'd want; I guess the only suggestion I can make is that it be inspired especially from the Nolan batsuit. You can even look at my avatar for reference if you want, the full image of which I will provide in the space below.

derpknight.png

Edited by Batbrony

@@Batbrony,

I can take a crack at this. Might take a little bit though. But I'm sure I can come up with something. Any specific dimensions you need for this?

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure that the FimFiction website automatically resizes any pics to fit the cover art space.  And thank you so much, I would very much appreciate it if you could come up with something!  If you need anymore references, I can provide a few more if that would help.

@@Batbrony,

The resizing might be an issue with the pic quality. Could you link me to a page with cover art on it? I might be able to get a relative size comparison from that.

If I make it too big, it could leave what are known as "artifacts" which make flat colours appear to have pixelized patchy textures that don't look so good.

@@Batbrony,

The resizing might be an issue with the pic quality. Could you link me to a page with cover art on it? I might be able to get a relative size comparison from that.

If I make it too big, it could leave what are known as "artifacts" which make flat colours appear to have pixelized patchy textures that don't look so good.

Gotcha.  Below is the original image that I used, and below that I'll leave links to what cover art looks like for a few fics (the general size of each one):

batmare_by_zombiezephyr-d4rjecy-1.jpg

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/79481/batmare-begins

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/77470/the-lunar-rebellion

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/119101/the-advent-of-applejack

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/28239/the-life-and-times-of-a-winning-pony

As you can see on my fic, the resizing quality was pretty good, so hopefully you can be pretty liberal in the proportions.  Let me know if you need anything else.

I will try it! I loooovvveeee batman! I will be done it in 10 minutes! Ok?

Ok here we are! Enjoy!

Oh my, thank you so much!  I'll wait and see what Midnight Scribbler comes up with, but I'll definitely save this in my Photobucket library.  :)

@@Batbrony,

That should be good, thanks man! ;)

Awesome.  I'll leave a few more references you might utilize if you want to (for the suit and such) in a spoiler tag below.

The final pic in this set is only included not because it's that great, but because I do like the idea of the wings being covered in some sort of covering, probably similar to the cape material.  Again, this might just be mentioned in the story and not the cover art itself; for all I know your cover art might just show the cape covering Derpy's body and no wings at all.  But if you DO include the wings, I just thought I'd mention that I would prefer they be covered by some sort of material rather than exposed; after all, secret identity and everything, ya know?  Also, I'd also like to clarify that the cowl/mask should COMPLETELY cover Derpy's head; just thought I'd mention that since some of these pics show manes partially/completely exposed.  Again, secret identity and everything.  Hope these help!

large.jpeg

large.jpeg

large.jpg

194944__safe_ponified_batman_artist-colo

large.png

large.jpeg

459706__safe_solo_rainbow+dash_crossover

large.png