private Back to Ponyville! (A SoL Casual RP)

SleeplessSketch

After she did a quick sketch of the model, she realized that she was hungry. She trotted out of her door, eager to get some food. As she turned the streets, she spotted Sugarcube Corner. She smiled to herself as she pushed the door open, putting herself in the building.

Realizing she was completely forgotten, Hidden decided to just leave. I think I'll just go to sugarcube corner... Or something like that. She thought. She walked off sadly, headed in the direction of the bakery. It was unusual for her to be depressed, but when she was she naturally went to sugarcube corner.

Dark Dawn awoke at his favorite time of day, but today seemed strange.  Ponyville was gearing up for something special.  Maybe this would be the day that he finally learned exactly why this world was so different than what he remembered.  The glorious castle that once existed was in ruins, the forest was as free as ever, and that mysterious tension was gone.  He slowly slunk through the forest, and ahead was the some sort of station.  Powerful ponies pulled massive carriages... this was new.  Dark Dawn cast an illusion to change his coat to a dappled green and hunkered down to watch the happenings.  All these ponies are so strange.  

"I can't deal with this... all of them are so friendly... no way they could like a selfish pony like me..."  

He slowly walked off, a little distraught and followed the road, off in the bushes, toward his secret cave.

"I think tomorrow will be the day I try to talk to someone."

@@SleeplessSketch,

"Thank you, in fact I am helping with the festival this year too. So I'm really excited about it." He says just before Sleepless leaves. He sighs, "By the way have you seen Dust Storm lately? I haven't seen him, and I was hoping he'd be here for the festival." He fiddles with his pendant, hoping that his other old friend is alright.

"Marefirned? PFFFF HA! As if anypony can have an intimate relationship with a rambling sleepless stallion such as myself, proposterous. Though this lovely Mare right here is Miss Neon Fire! An adventurous Pegasi I bumped into when..*ahem* my luggage ran away from me. Hehehh..ENOUGH OF THAT! Festival you say??"

He said growing quite curious and excited of this just-in-time festival.

Neon Fire flew over, hovering beside the both of them.

"I can hear you two, y'know!"  She said, sticking out her tongue jokingly.  "Anyway, I'm looking around here for excitement and adventure!"

She flew higher up in the air and span around a few times, very exited, then came back down to her hovering state besides the two.

@@Neon Fire,

Indigo turns to her, "Well, the Beltane festival can get quite exciting, other than that.." he thinks for a moment, "there's the forest to explore, um... I suppose you could come check out the sites." He says thoughtfully, his gaze couldn't help but wonder over to the beautiful mare hovering around him, he couldn't help but admire her beautiful wings.

@@Neon Fire,

Indigo turns to her, "Well, the Beltane festival can get quite exciting, other than that.." he thinks for a moment, "there's the forest to explore, um... I suppose you could come check out the sites." He says thoughtfully, his gaze couldn't help but wonder over to the beautiful mare hovering around him, he couldn't help but admire her beautiful wings.

"A forest?  Hey!  Ya mean the Everfree Forest?!"  She asked in excitement.  "I have GOT to go there!  I've heard all kinds of stories about it, and I don't know which are true or fake, but there's only one way to find out, am I right?"

She fluttered up and flew around in excitement, then hovered back down.

@@Neon Fire,

"Yep, that's the one, my parents and I live quite close by it, and I as I enjoy walking in there sometimes, I know it like the back of my hoof. So...I could show you around it, if you'd like?" He asked her, secretly hoping she would say yes, Well if she isn't Sketch's marefriend, she could always become mine.. if things go right, that is.

"Well, I can't be afraid all my life... plus I'm awesome... at magic.  Maybe some tricks could help me.  Plus, these books aren't helping me learn about the world."

Dark Dawn stops walking.  

"This silly green fur isn't gonna cut it..." he says as he drops the spell.  

"If I can live in the Everfree forest... I can meet some ponies."

His eyes glint, and little spark of memory came back that inspired confidence.  

"They all seem new, maybe I'll fit in."

With much trepidation Dark Dawn stepped onto the path, and into sunlight for the first time he could remember.  

@@Neon Fire,

"Yep, that's the one, my parents and I live quite close by it, and I as I enjoy walking in there sometimes, I know it like the back of my hoof. So...I could show you around it, if you'd like?" He asked her, secretly hoping she would say yes, Well if she isn't Sketch's marefriend, she could always become mine.. if things go right, that is.

Neon Fire chuckled in excitement.  And flew around for a few seconds, only to come back.

"Can't say no to that!"  She paused for just a moment.  "So can we go now or what?"

She finally landed, folding her wings back and looking around in excitement, wanting to go explore.

"Well, I can't be afraid all my life... plus I'm awesome... at magic.  Maybe some tricks could help me.  Plus, these books aren't helping me learn about the world."

Dark Dawn stops walking.  

"This silly green fur isn't gonna cut it..." he says as he drops the spell.  

"If I can live in the Everfree forest... I can meet some ponies."

His eyes glint, and little spark of memory came back that inspired confidence.  

"They all seem new, maybe I'll fit in."

With much trepidation Dark Dawn stepped onto the path, and into sunlight for the first time he could remember.  

Hidden noticed a pony not too far away, and started walking towards him. She could barely see what he actually looked like, seeing as her glasses broke when she collided with the pony earlier. Little jerk never apologized for that... She remembered. She hid her anger as she walked up to the pony. "Hi! What's your name?" She asked happily. She must've looked slightly bad with broken glasses, but that wasn't too important at the time.

@@Neon Fire,

"Well it may best to get your luggage sorted out, unfortunately I think the Inn has been overbooked, how-ever... We can always ask my parents if you could stay with us. I think you'd like it there, as I said earlier, we live fairly close to the Everfree Forest." Indigo says smiling.

@Blazing Hoof

There is pony coming, what do I do....

"Hi! What's your name?" she asked, obviously happy.

"I'm Dark... Dark Dawn, are your glasses okay? I can help with that you know.  I'm pretty good with fixing things, well, with magic.  But I'm a cheater like that."

This is my chance, a friend... a real friend.

Magic engulfs his horn and a beam shoots to the classes.  

I hope that fixed them... I don't want to blow my chance.

Edited by Dark Dawn

Seeing the magical blast, Hidden had instantly put up a magic barrier in front of her face. "Dude... Don't just blast ponies with magic like that." She said. She wasn't necessarily mad at him, but she had to warn him before he did that to someone who couldn't defend themselves with magic.

@@Neon Fire,

"Well it may best to get your luggage sorted out, unfortunately I think the Inn has been overbooked, how-ever... We can always ask my parents if you could stay with us. I think you'd like it there, as I said earlier, we live fairly close to the Everfree Forest." Indigo says smiling.

"Hmmm, sure, that seems fair enough," she replied, looking around at the other ponies.

She landed and put one of her bags around her neck, and held the other small one.  She flew up into the air again and turned to Indigo.

"Alright, so lead the way," she said, excited.

(( sorry for the absence! ))

Sketch finally arrived at his home destination and unlocked the door to the place. As quickly as he opened the door, rapid flushes of memories filled his mind, all good memories as he thought about why did he even thought about moving away in the first place. It only really caused him stress and dread.

Underneath that friendly and optimistic demeanor was a ever looming side of him that comes with dedication to his craft and ultimately exhaustion.

He shook it off and unpacked his things. He stretched his legs and popped the bones in his neck and decided to trot around the town once again. He walked outside of his old home and locked his door, then proceeded to trot along the Stoney path.

@@Neon Fire,

"This way then... Beautiful...Oh and you don't have to carry your luggage, I'll do that for you, my house is a fair way off still." Smooth bro, real smooth! SHUT UP! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL! So, like a beautiful pegasus like her would ever fall for a chump like you! His two minds screaming at him.

@@Neon Fire,

"This way then... Beautiful...Oh and you don't have to carry your luggage, I'll do that for you, my house is a fair way off still." Smooth bro, real smooth! SHUT UP! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL! So, like a beautiful pegasus like her would ever fall for a chump like you! His two minds screaming at him.

A small smile grew across Neon Fire's face when he said that, but she quickly went back to focusing on what was going on.

"Well, if you're sure," she said, handing him the bags.

She flew back up to where she was and followed him.  She couldn't wait to go explore the forest...  The mysteries that awaited her.

@Blazing Hoof

"I... I... I was trying to help..."

Dark Dawn takes a few steps back.

"That shield though, so fast!  I'm... um... sorry?"

The word felt strange on my tongue... what is wrong with me?  I'm just an evil little pony with no friends... NO, shut up, you aren't.  You are awesome.  You CAN DO THIS!

"I really am... I wasn't trying to be rude... I don't get out much."

@@Neon Fire,

"No problem at all" Indigo's horn started to glow and soon he had the luggage above him as he led the beautiful pegasus towards his home. After about an hour of walking, they finally reach there.
"Well we're here, I'll just see if my parents are in." He opens the door, "Mum I'm home!"

His mother walks to the door, "Hello Indigo."

She sees the luggage and wonders what her son is up to, then she sees the beautiful Neon Fire flying around, and smiles,

"And who is this lovely young mare? Don't tell me you finally managed to get yourself a marefriend!" she says beaming.

"Oh... My glasses are shattered aren't they?" Hidden said, taking them off with magic and inspecting them. "Sorry for being a bit paranoid..." She apologized, laughing nervously. Wow... Don't I look like an idiot? She wondered silently. She had instantly assumed the worst from the pony, which wasn't the best thing to do.

@@Neon Fire,

"No problem at all" Indigo's horn started to glow and soon he had the luggage above him as he led the beautiful pegasus towards his home. After about an hour of walking, they finally reach there.

"Well we're here, I'll just see if my parents are in." He opens the door, "Mum I'm home!"

His mother walks to the door, "Hello Indigo."

She sees the luggage and wonders what her son is up to, then she sees the beautiful Neon Fire flying around, and smiles,

"And who is this lovely young mare? Don't tell me you finally managed to get yourself a marefriend!" she says beaming.

Neon Fire was shocked by the comment, and slightly embarrassed, but completely brushed it off, ignoring it as if it never happened.

She landed and walked over to his mother, extending a hoof.

"Hey, I'm Neon Fire.  I met Indigo at the train station just before," she said.

Sketch decided he should look for his two friends, they should be doing something exciting and inspiring! Always something inspiring with other ponies around. He pondered on what to do but ultimately something caught his eye...

"UNICORNS! oh wait didn't I meet that- oh...ohhhh I crashed into her..I better go apologize...still talking to myself, gotta quit that."

He trotted on over to both the dark-colored coated unicorns, the mare from before and a stallion, though it seems to appear like something has happened judging from their expressions.

"HELLO UNICORNS!" He greeted loudly in his optimistic tone.

@@Neon Fire,

Indigo groans at his mother's comment, "Mother! She's not my marefriend..." Not yet anyway, "she's just a friend I met at the train station, she's friends with Sleepless Sketch. The Inn is overbooked and she wants to explore the EverFree Forest, so I said she could stay with us, I hope that's ok.."

His mother smiles, "Oh ok, but you know you're not getting any younger. In any case, it's a pleasure to meet you miss Neon Fire, and you are more than welcome to stay with us for as long as you need."

"Oh... My glasses are shattered aren't they?" Hidden said, taking them off with magic and inspecting them. "Sorry for being a bit paranoid..." She apologized, laughing nervously. Wow... Don't I look like an idiot? She wondered silently. She had instantly assumed the worst from the pony, which wasn't the best thing to do.

"It's alright, I mean, I've been avoiding ponies for a long time.  I just decided that I should have a friend... it's been so long.  Plus, paranoid is safe."

Wow, my apology worked?  I'm... I'm talking to somepony... 

"That spell though, it was good!  I haven't seen such a good shield since the instructor at the academy tried to teach it to me!  So, I didn't catch your name... I would love to know."

For the first time in ages Dark Dawn felt himself bouncing with excitement. 

Stop it, you aren't a little pony anymore, have some dignity.

His tail was still twitching even though all four hooves where solidly on the ground.  A nervous smile broke across his face.

I didn't sign up for more than one... I can do this...

"HELLO UNICORNS!" veritably boomed in his ears.  

A spell started from reflex, and Dark Dawn struggled to squelch it out.

Edited by Dark Dawn