private Back to Ponyville! (A SoL Casual RP)

SleeplessSketch

" I think I was supposed to bake them, not turn them into charcoal." Brechard chuckles as he dumps the hard as rock muffins in the bin. " What am I gonna tell Derpy and Vinyl now? I know, i'll go back to sugarcube corner. I'll just write a note on my door in case they come by." Brechard writes a note down and stumbles out the front door to place it on the door. "They couldn't possibly miss that."

@@SleeplessSketch@,

"Ok...  I'm going to give it a try on myself."  Break flipped back to the page that had the spell incantation on it.  "..."  He closed his eyes, and his horn started to glow with his full concentration.  "...Azarath metrion ZINTHOS!*"

A bright flash of light encased the room for just a moment, and quickly subsided to reveal the fruits of Break's magic.  A pair of wings!  ....Although they were a little translucent, and seemed to be quite light.  His face beamed with delight as he looked over at his newly conjured wings...

*Please tell me you know where this is from.

Edited by CharChar

My OCs: Break Shimmerald, Emerald Yttrium, Onyx Moonlight, Ti...ehh, and Dual Boot, Existential Panache.

!!!

@@CharChar, @@SleeplessSketch,

"Well, I don't know about the best way. It perhaps might be a way." Tranq looked at Break. He did in fact have wings. They were jenky, possibly unsafe, but he obviously needed to get there, and quickly. She then looked at the book. "Hmm. Obviously the creator of this spell was a comic fan. Whatever." She tried the incantation on herself. She was able to summon a pair of inelegant wings. She quickly tested them. "Well, they seem to work. They sure aren't pretty though." Hers were a blinding shade of chartreuse. Maybe nobody will see this. She turned to Sketch. "You're next!" She said cheerfully.

f_50_1_70.jpeg

I got an extra hour in the ballpit

(edited)

@,@@CharChar,

"Okay! Hit me with your best shot!" Sketch said as he got down in the "Duck and Cover" position as he never really had any experience with magic.

"This is both exciting and terrifying at the same time! Although I do wonder how I'll look with wings..and what would they look like! Will I be able to fly good? I have weak knees that make me half of an Earth Pony, maybe I'll have weak wings! That'll be quite unfortunate, though these ARE magical wings, maybe I'll get stronger? Who knows! Bloody heck this is exciting..but what if something goes wrong? Are there side effects? I hope I don't just have one wing, who in the right mind would think one wing was okay?" Sketch just kept himself busy by rambling on and on still covering his eyes with his hooves.

"...Did you do it yet?" Sketch said taking a little peek, his ears flicking about in anticipation.

Edited by SleeplessSketch

Hey there stranger! Come join our Mystery Dungeon Pokemon Roleplay over here! http://mlpforums.com/topic/120870-the-village-we-love-ooc-discussion/

You won't be soooorryyyy!

@@SleeplessSketch,@,

"Hold on Sketch..."  Break tried to concentrate, but found that he was a little bit tired from the spell he had just cast on himself. "..."

I wish I had better magical potential...  ...

The magic department for Break, was starting to run low, and he couldn't bring himself to do the spell all by himself.  "Tranq, would you like to do the spell with me?  I'm sure you're a little worn from the spell too..."  Break looked over at Tranq with expectant eyes. 

Edited by CharChar

My OCs: Break Shimmerald, Emerald Yttrium, Onyx Moonlight, Ti...ehh, and Dual Boot, Existential Panache.

!!!

As he runs past, everypony can smell the freshly made muffins in the basket being carried by his mouth. Brechard trots along to his house, sure his friends will like the muffins he is carrying. " Ah, the must have not come by yet." He enters his house, " SURPRISE!"

"Ahhhhhhh!"

As his heart rate lowers, he manages to utter some " When... Did you... get... here?"

"Just a minute ago. I guess you burnt the muffins, we gonna go to our usual spot?

"Yeah, come on, both of you."

Tranq positioned herself next to Break, her horn pointed at Sketch. Doing magic on herself was okay, because she was willing to accept the consequences of screwing up on herself. On her friends though...Well, if something goes wrong, I can always blame it on Break. She took a deep breath, then realized that fatigue had already taken over her body. This spell was nothing to sneeze at. I hope all goes well.

"Ready? One...Two...."

f_50_1_70.jpeg

(edited)

@,@@CharChar,

"THREE!.....wait I mean- AH! Cor blimey!" Sketch yelped as he got back into his duck and cover position on the floor before getting engulfed by the magical white light his friends pointed straight towards him. It was a sudden but quick flash of blinding light before it dissipated into particles that drifted into the air. Sketch was left on the ground once again still in that same pose of his.

"...did you do it this time?" Sketch asked as he peeked out from under a hoof. He slowly stood up and raised his head with his ears following the same motion. 

"Huh...I don't feel any different..." Sketch said feeling a little disappointed that there wasn't any sudden change to his demeanor...oh but he'd be wrong. On his back there were definitely wings, though...they looked brittle with feathers looking messy and amiss. They both followed his coat color to a certain degree with the left wing being a much paler tone than the original color of his coat while the right wing was definitely more dull or darker. Sketch tried to look at his own wings but found it difficult to turn his head all the way to look at them. He caught a few glimpses here and there but he couldn't piece together a full image.

"So?...How do they look?" He asked his two other companions as he grinned from ear to ear waiting for their response.

Hey there stranger! Come join our Mystery Dungeon Pokemon Roleplay over here! http://mlpforums.com/topic/120870-the-village-we-love-ooc-discussion/

@,@@SleeplessSketch,  

Break took a quick look around Sketch to see what his wings looked like.  "Well...  They are certainly transient like ours...  Hmmm...  I think they're fine.  It shouldn't draw that much attention either, considering well...  An Alicorn is like royalty, right?"  Break wasn't quite sure how that all worked.  

Is being an Alicorn what makes you royalty?  ...Prince Blueblood is related to the celestial sisters, but he's not an alicorn.  ...Actually, I haven't heard of any male alicorns.  ...I wonder how Blueblood is doing...ugh, no, let's not think about that.  Remember what happened last time?  No.  Never again.  ...Creep.

Edited by CharChar

!!!

@@SleeplessSketch, @@CharChar,

You look like your wings were trampled by a colony of lepers, Tranq thought. "They're great! Besides, function over form is what we're going for. At least yours are the same color as you!" If you were dying in a hospital bed. She smiled broadly, but she was now ready to fall over with exhaustion. I wonder if Break feels this bad. "Well, we ready?"

Edited by Troblems

f_50_1_70.jpeg

@,@@SleeplessSketch,  

Heat eminated from Break's forehead as he felt a wave of dizziness wash over him from using so much magic.  It slowly subsided as he answered Tranq, "Of course I am."  His voice slightly shakey from a slowly encroaching nervousness about the ordeal he was to experience in the immediate future.  Flying.

!!!

@@CharChar,@

Sketch grinned and pranced around the room a few times and stopped in front of the door leading outside.

"Well come on then friends! We've no time to waste! Tally ho that-a-way!" Sketch said spouting his usual optimistic demeanor unaware of the encroaching exhaustion coming from both of his magical friends. He galloped himself out of the library and headed for the fields where his previous self had stopped and painted, funny how two minds seem to connect with each other regardless of how different they were. Nevertheless, Sketch was extremely excited to get started with flying practice, then ultimately arriving in Canterlot. He hadn't been to Canterlot in a long time, though it was much to proper and fancy for the likes of him.

@@SleeplessSketch, @@CharChar,

Tranq showed Sketch a brilliant smile, trying to cover up her weakness. She looked to Break. "Come on slacker, let's go!" She stretched her new, hideous wings, testing them. Well, it's not often I get to fly. I should at least make the most of it. She bolted out of the library and into the late morning sun.

f_50_1_70.jpeg

@,@@SleeplessSketch,

Shaking his head, Break started for his friends outside the library.  His wings seemed to be rather dull, and didn't stand out all that much in the sunlight.  They weren't AWFUL, to Break at least, they were just... dull, and were translucent.  "Just wait a moment, please!"  He quickly ran to Tranq and Sketch with a fervent attitude.

He followed his friends to a field by Ponyville, a place not too familiar.  He looked over by the mountains behind the forest just across the way.  He could see hints of glistening gold and white colored buildings hanging off the cliff of one of these mountains.  "It's just... a few flaps away.  No problem."  Break said to himself, trying to comfort his waxing anxiety.

Ok...  Let's try to at least GET off the GROUND first.  He started to flap his wings and started to feel lift.  It felt strange, but there was a certain rhythm to it.  Eventually, Break started to get it, and he found himself hovering a few feet off the ground with easy.  Baby steps, there you go.  Break looked over at Tranq and Sketch to see how they were doing.

!!!

(edited)

@@CharChar@,

Sketch was excited and was ready to get flying already. Once his friends were around he began to gallop around the hills while attempted to flap his new wings. They may have looked extremely terrible, but at least for the most part worked. He continued to run around and flap his wings when in a stroke of pure determination, he began to lift himself off from the ground. He tried harder and flapped his wings more and began to raise his altitude even more. This was it, Sketch was actually flying! It felt amazing! Something he thought he would never be able to do, something he never thought accomplished, he was flying like a Pegasus, albeit pretty sloppy. It felt good not being an ordinary earth pony for once...he could actually do something. It felt so great as he began to land himself, though it was a rough one as he slid and tripped over himself, but the feeling and adrenaline of the act kept him smiling and grinning. Heck...it made him tear up a bit as he made happy tears roll down his face. Though he quickly wiped them away as he got up and rejoined his friends, via flying once more.

Tranq was struggling with her new wings. One was slightly larger than the other, which would make her fly crooked. Why is nobody else having this problem? Coupled with the added frustration of the sheer exhaustion she was feeling, she was quite apprehensive of the whole thing. She sighed. Her friends seemed to be having fewer problems than her, so she would buck it up, over steer with one wing, and hope for the best.

She flexed one hideous wing, then the other, and slowly she was able to take off....Right into a bush. "Ooof!" she grunted loudly. She carefully detangled herself from the offending shrubbery, making sure that nobody else had seen. She tried again, this time with slightly more grace. She was able to get about five feet off the ground, but her legs kept flailing like she was trying to walk on ground that obviously wasn't there. I never knew flying could make me feel so stupid.

f_50_1_70.jpeg

@,@@SleeplessSketch,  

Break watched as Tranq swerved, and then eventually fell into a bush while trying to fly using her new wings.  He slowly flew over to her, and said, "You might be trying to hard.  Just feel the flow, and stay calm."  Break tried to calm down Tranq as he extended a hoof to help her up.

Although, those missized wings are not helping at all.

!!!

Stumbling and tripping as he went by the two, Sketch managed to land quite roughly due to his weak knee situation. Sketch trotted on over to the other two with a smile, though upon seeing poor Tranq in the bushes he became a little concerned.

" Are you alright Miss Tranq? I'm not having the smoothest if landings either, but it should take another lift off or two!" He said trying to be optimistic as usual.

"Though if we're talking about longer distances then it'll probably take us a bit to get use to staying in the air much longer, I wonder since we have wings if we're able to manipulate the weather. If I would have a choice I'd make it sunny all the live long day, but it is autumn so it'd probably have to stay quite cloudy...and cold, I wonder if we'll be able to handle the cold in such a high altitude? I wonder if the princess had this much trouble as we are right now when she got her own wings, pegasi had their whole childhoods to get use to this, we only got another hour or so-" Sketch just went on and on, his excitement and wonderment getting the better of his easily distracted mind as he thought about other factors in flying. He quickly shook his head to snap out of his rambling phase and also lent a hoof out to help his friend up.

"Sorry...I'm just kind of...excited. I've always dreamt of flying." He said giving a sheepish smile towards them both.

Tranq took Break's hoof and pulled her way out of the foliage. "I'm fine. Just uh...An attack bush." She tried again, this time calmer, less flaily. She was able to get off the ground more easily this time, over correcting for her mismatched set of wings. "I think I have it this time. If we take it slow, we may eventually get there. I think we may be late for your meeting though Break."

f_50_1_70.jpeg

@,@@SleeplessSketch,

The pony shuddered at the thought of being late, though it was only a little late into the morning.  I hope this all works out...  Break gave an uncertain smile to Tranq and said, "No way.  We'll be fine.  It's just a hop, skip and a jump."

Yeah, a hop, skip and a couple dozen jumps.

Break flapped his wings once more and was off the ground in no time at all.  "Let's get going, shall we?  What better time to get used to the wings then to be en route?" 

!!!

"Ugh. My head."Brechard gets off  his back and struggles onto his front legs. He opens his eyes and everything is blurry, just about making out a toilet in front of him. " Why am I next to th..." He puts his head just above the toilet and empties his stomach into it, he continues puking for 20 seconds. Brechard lays his head down on the floor next to the toilet, in case his stomach decides to empty itself through his mouth again. " How much did i d-drink last night?" Recalling back to last night he realizes he drank far more than usual. He goes back to the toilet and throws up a bit more, as he does somepony walks in, its Vinyl. she's not wearing her glasses and she looks worried. " Are you ok after last night? You were crazy." He blushes.

" No, i feel terri..." once again he throws up. Vinyl rushes to him and comforts him. After he's done his vision becomes less blurry. He goes to hug her, his chest feels wet, as he pulls away from her. " What is this?" He asks.

" You said at the pub that whenever you drink you cover yourself in honey. So we just laughed at you, we didn't realize you were serious."

" So what your saying is i was out of my mind on alcohol and you let me cover myself in honey."

" I don't wanna come between you and what you do behind closed doors."

" But I have never done this before. Have I?"

" Don't you remember, on your 18th birthday. We went to the nightclub and you did this before."

" Oh Celestia. That was embarrassing. Great, whenever I get drunk I cover myself in honey."

They both go silent.

" Well at least you smell nice."

" How could that possibly ma..."

By now he isn't surprised. Vinyl starts chuckling as he loses more of his stomach lining.

" Iv'e never seen a pony drink as much as you Brechard."

Her chuckling seems far away, as he finishes puking he blacks out. He can hear faintly hear Vinyls voice before everything goes quiet.

" Hey brechard. You alright?" 

"Yeah! Just a hop, skip, and a tally ho! It's all about the determination! We'll both be here with ya!" Sketch said smiling at Tranq and then at Break as he went and lead the way first.

"How about we take off together? Just one hoof in front of the other and just flap yet wings at the same time. It's a bit tricky but I found it easier than just taking off with wigs by itself." Sketch said reassuring her with that goofy smile of his. He began walking slowly along with her and started to slowly flap his wings. He would make sure this time around she got a steady flight in.

Okay, this time with more feeling. Or perhaps less would be ideal. Tranq gave herself a mental shake, this time taking off with slightly more grace than the first. "Well, I think we're off this time, for realzies." She was able to look at other places besides the ground this time. Wow, this is amazing. I had never really been jealous of pegasi before now. She was still quite apprehensive, but that was slowly fading as she got more used to her temporary, mismatching wings.

f_50_1_70.jpeg

@,@@SleeplessSketch,  

"Okay...  This time, we'll make it!"  Break took off with a fervent pace.

The wind blew through Break's mane as he soared across the sky and towards Canterlot.  He watched the clouds pass by as he zeroed in on his destination.  He was so anxious to get there he didn't think to look back and wait for his friends, that is IF they were falling behind.  The only thing on his mind at that moment was just getting there and being on time, being happy.  Being able to finally breath for a moment.

Then he started to slow down and start to think of the things that could happen, the things that could go wrong.  The things that the princesses will say to him...  what they want him for.

!!!

@@CharChar,@,

Sketch hummed and swayed in the air as if dancing in the air as they flew. He was as delighted as ever as he felt the wind flow through his mane and fuzzy coat. Before anyone could notice, Sketch began to hum a little louder as a tune from nowhere began to make it's presence known. Where this music was coming, nobody knew but one thing was for sure...this was definitely happening.

Shipwreck in a sea of faces
There's a dreamy world up there
Dear friends in higher places
Carry me away from here~

Travel light, let the sun eclipse you

'Cause your flight is about to leave

there's more to this brave adventure

Than you'd ever believe~

Sketch began to sing as he made mad flights around his pals and into the clouds.

Birds-eye view, awake the stars 'cause they're all around you

Wide eyes will always brighten the blue
Chase your dreams, and remember me, sweet bravery
'Cause after all those wings will take you, up so high
So bid the forest floor goodbye as you race the wind
And take to the sky~

Flying out of the clouds he began to fly near his friends again as he started the second verse, same as before.

On the heels of lore and wonder

There's a stormy world up there
You can't whisper above the thunder
But you can fly anywhere~

Purple burst of paper birds
This picture paints a thousand words
So take a breath of myth and mystery
And don't look back~

And take to the sky~

Sketch had no idea where he was getting these lyrics from, but he didn't mind it all too much, this was fun! He eased into the bridge of the song and started flying lower touching the water of the stream from beneath them.

There's a realm above the trees

Where the lost are finally found
Touch your feathers to the breeze
And leave the ground

Sketch came back around and flew up to meet his friends and into the sun's glorious rays of light where even his brittle looking wings seemed to glow as well as everypony else's did.

And take to the sky

You take to the sky~

The music surround the trio had ended and so did Sketch's singing as he began to hum the lyrics back to himself. Just as it had mysteriously appeared, that little musical number had gone, and nopony else would ever know what transpired that fateful flight in the sky.

(( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukgvTE3A0Ic Song used ))

• Brohoof 1