private Back to Ponyville! (A SoL Casual RP)

SleeplessSketch

From her quiet corner of the room, Tranq listened to Sketch mumble about being an earth pony. She raised one eyebrow, a bit shocked by this. I thought he was proud to be an earth pony. He obviously hadn't seen her yet. "Well," she said loudly, "clearly you being an earth pony deeply matters to us. Break, I'm afraid we can't be friends with Sketch anymore. Unfortunately, he's an earth pony. I just wish we had noticed before." The end of the sentence dripped with disdain. "Who cares if you can't magic your breakfast to your mouth? It's considered impolite anyways. I can't draw. Does that mean I should get down on myself? No, because we all have different talents, it's just that ours manifest differently than yours." The end of her rant became more and more distracted as she inserted herself back into her book. 

Edited by Troblems

@,@@SleeplessSketch

Break watched as Sketch rambled on about breakfast, walking away as he did. He didn't want to keep Sketch from his breakfast, so he didn't pursue the matter any further, although he was wondering why Sketch thought he and Luna were friends.

Did he evesdrop or something? ...This is the first time I've ever met the princesses before, so it's a bit strange... I guess. Break thought to himself while he made his way down the hallway once more. I hope they got my message...  I wouldn't want them to feel like I just ditched them.

Break came to a stop when he noticed a door that was slightly ajar.  He looked into the area out of curiosity, to find that it was another dining hall!

Break's eyes widened when he saw a pony with a grand presence, a pony that was guarded by two guard ponies. She was shimmering in the glorious sunlight beaming through the window, and Break couldn't help but stumble in to get a better look.

"Oh hello there, Break! How's breakfast?"  Princess Twilight's voice aired when she saw Break come in with a plate of pancakes. "Still at it huh?"

"H...Hello Princess Twilight and...P-..."  Break was incredibly overwhelmed by the presence of Princess Celestia, he did not feel worthy at all. "Princess Celestia." He looked up at her, who by the way was sitting on a cushion that was raised ever so slightly.

"Yes, Hello Break!  I'm glad to see you are well after that adventure you had yesterday.  Twilight told me about the lengths you went to get here."  Break blushed a little bit, sitting at the table across from Twilight.  "I'm very glad Princess Luna chose you for this meeting....which should be happening when I hear from the last attendee."

Wait, Princess Luna picked me?  Why?  and...there will be other ponies there too?  Break remembered his first dream about the meeting, and how there was mention of other ponies about to attend.

"S-so..."  Let's just do this one thing at a time while there IS time. "So....  Uh...  Why did Princess Luna pick me anyway?  I don't really pride myself as an important pony."

"Yes, well, she picked you because of your steadfast talent for truth seeking... Right?  She would often hear about you during the night here in Canterlot, although you did just move to Ponyville, am I correct?"  The Princess thought for a moment.  H-How did Luna know about my nightly escapades?!  I was just...  I was sure I was discreet enough.  No pony has really found out I had been looking into things, except for a FEW.  The princess smiled at Break.  "I'll try not to hide anything from you.  But please, if I do...  I just want you to know I have a very good reason for doing so."  She gave him a motherly smile, it felt as warm as the morning sun on a pony's face.

Break looked up at her, and spoke again, "You're right........."  Sometimes ponies have a very good reason for hiding the truth, which is...okay...but...  I still wish to know!  I feel like it would nag me to my grave if I didn't pursue it.  "....So, why the meeting in the first place?"

"Break, I told you already, you'll find out."  Twilight chuckled.

"..."
Break didn't know what to say, so he just took another bite of his pancake as he waited with the princesses for this last pony to be ready...  whoever it was.

@@CharChar,@,

Sketch was a bit shocked when Tranq went on and on about the way he had put himself down. He was a bit ashamed that she had heard that side of him sort of slip out carelessly...but she was right. As much as he thought how useless he was, that didn't change anything about the way they thought of him. He had the hardest of times seeing the merits of his personality and the impact he had on other ponies that he constantly clouded himself with self doubt and disdain. It hurt that she was blunt about the way she addressed his problems...but he understood what she was trying to tell him and judging by the tone of her voice towards the end of that little rant...she didn't like that attitude one bit and it annoyed the crud out of her.

Sketch felt embarrassed and ashamed when he was addressed and couldn't bring himself to talk to her after that little outburst, afraid she might go off on him for acting so foolish or feeling the way he did. It clearly touched a nerve and he didn't want to bring himself to confront her after it...but he had to, he knew he did, otherwise this would never settle in his stomach as okay. Since Break was clearly doing important business stuff, maybe he could have conversation where somepony else totally deconstructs him and he would be able to speak for himself.

Sketch decided to walk towards where Tranq's voice resonated from and found the library where she was reading her book. She was reading her book and looked totally miffed still. He walked in slowly and decided to speak first when he came closer to her and sat down a fair few feet away. 

"Hey...uh...sorry you...had to hear that from me..I didn't mean to...I wouldn't...guh..." Sketch was finding it difficult to put his thoughts into words because he was so nervous. Talking about himself was always nerve wrecking and didn't really bode well with him. It was something he wasn't use to yet.

@@CharChar,@@SleeplessSketch,

Tranq was entranced by her book. She was frowning deeply, having found an inconsistency between what she was reading and what she thought she knew of the history of Equestria. Unsure of which was true, she pondered heavily, debating in her head the possibilities. She then noticed Sketch was talking to her. Or rather at her, since she had been ignoring him, unaware that he had been trying to catch her attention. She looked up, hearing the last of his statement. "...from me..I didn't mean to...I wouldn't...guh..." Oh, she thought to herself, then tried to make her face less...grouchy. "I'm not mad Sketch, just don't be so hard on yourself. Then maybe I won't be so hard on you either."

@@SleeplessSketch,@,  

Break sat for a moment, wondering about what his friends were doing.  He was curious as to what they might do while he was gone.  Considering that last time, Sketch had gone through a few changes and Tranq had spent some time with him too...  It was new feelings that Break had not held dear until now, friendship.

But right now, Break had to focus on staying calm around the Princesses, and not asking too many questions.

It was then a guard came into the room, and spoke aloud, "My princesses, the final pony is ready for your meeting.  He is waiting with the others at the entrance to the West Tower."  At that moment, both Princesses got up, and so did Break.

"Thank you, my faithful guard.  You may return to your duties."  Celestia relieved the guard as she passed by him, the guard nodded, and head back into the hallway to do whatever.

Break walked alongside Twilight, as she followed Celestia down the shimmering hallway of stained glass, and found their way to the west tower with ease.  It was quite a ways away from the dining rooms, but wasn't impossibly so.  Up ahead, he could see some ponies looking back at the princesses, ignoring Break.

Break looked down the aisle of ponies to see who was to be at this meeting with him.  Only two ponies were familiar, and one of those two he dreaded seeing here.  The two ponies in question were Special Delivery (A.K.A. Dream Delivery), and ...Prince Blueblood.

What is HE doing here?!  Is she serious!?  ....Wait.  Was he the one holding everypony up earlier?  The Prince cocked an eyebrow at Break, and gave him a smirk, causing Break to grimmace for a split second, only to try and ignore him.  Like he would try anything out in the open.  He's not stupid.  ...Well, actually, I wonder if Princess Celestia knows that she isn't going to have a niece-in-law.

All of the ponies quickly entered the tower after Princess Celestia.  A spiral staircase awaited the ponies.  The stairs were reflective marble, and the soft pattering of all the pony's hooves on the floor echoed in the tower.

Break was in front of all of the ponies, only because he had followed behind Twilight, instinctively.  Unfortunately, Prince Blueblood had followed suit.

Break couldn't help but look back, only to find that the Prince was giving him "the look".  It was a signature look that most ponies have, and how it looks depends on what the pony is personality wise.  ...Break rolled his eyes, and looked forward once more, and admired the craftponyship of the walls and stairs on their way up.

• 2 weeks later...

When he wakes up Brechard is a complete mess, his mane and tail everywhere, his coat sticky and scruffy. "Uhh. What time is it?" He opens the blinds and covers his eyes from the intense light of the sun. " M-must be around noon. He lays back on the bed, exhausted from the previous night.

(no ones posted for a while)