Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Death Watch

Harmonic Revelations

So apparently, there is now a watch out called the Tikker. Its purpose is to count down your moments until death.

You just do things like tell it your age, weight, and risk factors, and it "calculates" (Presumably read as 'Pulls a number out of its ass) how long you have until you kick the bucket. 

tikker3_1024x1024.jpg?v=1384874302

How much do you have to pay to be constantly reminded that you will die? $59.00 per Tikker. Who would be crazy enough to pay $60 to be reminded they will die?

Supposedly the purpose of the Tikker is to "Encourage people to spend their time more wisely,"

Although they neglected to mention it, I assume it makes a wonderful gift for any occasion. 

Also, it was funded with KickStarter.

What do you think of this watch?

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

That watch must bring a lot of depression for people that don't want to know when they die and how they will die. The death watch must be something from an unknown land.

I don't know how I would react to getting that as a gift... It would encourage me to worry about something that really shouldn't be paid that much attention. I don't see how I could enjoy life with that thing, I feel like it cause me to rush everything I do and push me away from any sort of hobby I enjoy.

Edited by Celtore

I think the Tikker takes off a few years just for purchasing it, in a jokingly and serious way. Knowing you're closer to dying probably adds some psychological stress that will only make it much worse.

I like it. I like it so much that I would buy one. Just because I buy one, doesn't mean I'll spend my time any differently. I want to see how long I have left and I hope it's short. Being constantly reminded of my imminent demise is something I take great happiness in knowing.  -_- 

This would be cruel to give somebody for their 100th birthday. Heck, it would be cruel to give to anybody for their birthday. I don't want to know when I'm going to die. Don't risk factors constantly change throughout your life too?