Why do some Bronies take FIM to the extreme?

Rarity Paige Belle

Because I can care. It's depressing to watch grown men waste all of their hard earned money on a plushie or a toy.

Your comment is possible one of the most generic comments I've ever heard. With a simple answer too. And people can say the same to you.

Why the hell do you care what people have to say? Why are you getting so pissy because not everyone is being positive in the thread?

How exactly is buying a toy spending all of your money? I don't think anyone's going bankrupt because they bought a toy or two.

And why the hell do I care what people have to say? Because I can care. That was a good enough reason for you, right?

Edited by Frostgage

Because I can care. It's depressing to watch grown men waste all of their hard earned money on a plushie or a toy.

Your comment is possible one of the most generic comments I've ever heard. With a simple answer too. And people can say the same to you.

Why the hell do you care what people have to say? Why are you getting so pissy because not everyone is being positive in the thread?

Why are you shunning people who buy plushies?

I can work my Job.buy a plushie, and continue earning money like normal (no hiccups, ect). you could say that this could be a "one sided opinion" or a "general reaction" but everyone has a different opinion, I talked to a guy and he asked me if I liked MLP, and I said yeah, and he shrugged it off and was all like "I guess some people like certain things, I dont have to care". So why would it be depressing? Do you find it depressing that people would also spend over $1,000 for an authentic "master chief" (from halo) cosplay costume? here

• Brohoof 2

If you work/otherwise earn money and you want to buy a plushie or a toy, then go for it. Nobody can dictate how you spend your money. It's your money, you earned it. Just because you think it's stupid doesn't mean they can't do it. I think dropping hundreds of dollars on body pillow covers is stupid but I'm not gonna stop anyone from doing it if it's their money.

However, that doesn't absolve you from judgment if you decide to take your plushies out in public and act like children with them. That's embarrassing and making the fandom look awful.

I have several hundred dollars worth of merchandise. One could say I'm a collector, like people who are into Legos, Transformers, etc. I wouldn't say I take it to the extreme though. Despite owning so much, I refuse to buy the same thing multiple times, like identical blind bags, just because it's part of a new wave and has a newly designed bag. Sure, I attend BronyCon annually and meetups every now and then, but I have IRL friends that I don't shirk, a job, and expenses that I meet before buying stuff I want and driving to the ends of the earth. My desires can wait until my needs are fulfilled.

Taking it "to the extreme" is a largely subjective thing. In my opinion, one isn't taking it to the extreme so long as they're attending events and buying merchandise out of their abundance of disposable time and income rather than its scarcity. Those who do obsess and sacrifice their necessities for it are probably making up for some other deficiency in their personal lives. Filling a void of some kind. Not a healthy thing to do, but I can understand.

It has a charm like nothing else, and its kind of difficult to explain. Ive been involved with the bronydom/cartoon for maybe a little more than 6 months and I just got a mlp related tattoo

Played world of warcraft ALOT for 8 years. never ever considered getting a WoW related tattoo.

• 7 years later...
On 2014-02-23 at 1:10 PM, Rarity Paige Belle said:

I like FIM a lot. For a cartoon made for girls it's very entertaining. However some of the things I've seen on the net take things a bit too far. It's one thing going to conventions (I also collect vinyl so I've been to a lot of fairs) but to listen to music about FIM and posting in depth reviews on YouTube about individual episodes? Is that not going too far?

The things you mentioned are actually normal things that bronies do. They're not extreme at all. Marrying an MLP plush would be going too far, however.