Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BABScon Cosplay Rollcall!

Duster Dawnhorse

Who will be cosplaying at BABScon? I'll be doing Daring Do and Team Fortress 2 Engineer Applejack (same cosplay from Anime Expo last year.) I haven't figured out which days I'm going to do which cosplay yet, that all depends on event schedules.

Any other cosplayers for BABScon?

PONY COSPLAY SUPPLIES (ORDER ASAP!)

Yayahan: Ears, Wings, Horns (Etsy Link)

Probably the best maker of pony bits out there. Takes about two-ish weeks to get your order.

Wigs: Amazon and Etsy

Simply searching "(pony name) wig" usually drums up results. Etsy prices will be a bit higher since most wigs are custom made. However if you order from Amazon, check where it ships from! Many wigs come from China and those can take anywhere from a few days to a month or more to arrive. There's also the added risk of getting the wrong item or lost item (I personally have never had issues but coworkers have had problems with ordering direct from China.) Expedited shipping is available but pricey.

Cutie Marks: MTThreadz on Etsy

This is really just my personal preference of cutie mark supplier. Gotten two from them and have never had a single problem. You can just search "(pony name) cutie mark" on Etsy and get hits but this is my preferred seller.

Tails: SistersoftheMoon on Etsy

Another preferred seller. Amazon does have wig + tail deals but the advantage to Sisters of the Moon is you can request a custom item if you don't find your pony.

Edited by Duster Dawnhorse

Hmmm if only I could get me fiancee to go and cosplay as ninja Rainbow Dash or shadowbolt Rainbow Dash again. She won an award for be craftsmanship at NMND.

She looks really hot in a spandex cosplay  B)

Those sound like great ideas! Chicken suit Pinkie sounds fantastic, did you check Amazon? My Engiejack and Daring Do cosplays are both like 70% Amazon built (the rest is from Etsy.)

I'd be willing to put together a cosplay resource list in that first post just for pony bits (ears, horns, wings, tails, wigs, etc.)

Just a tip for people buying wigs: Check where it's shipping from! Chinese shipments you should order at least a month in advance.

Those sound like great ideas! Chicken suit Pinkie sounds fantastic, did you check Amazon? My Engiejack and Daring Do cosplays are both like 70% Amazon built (the rest is from Etsy.)

I'd be willing to put together a cosplay resource list in that first post just for pony bits (ears, horns, wings, tails, wigs, etc.)

Just a tip for people buying wigs: Check where it's shipping from! Chinese shipments you should order at least a month in advance.

Thanks a bunch!!! I'm trying to find a pretty good inexpensive multi pink wig! I found a cosplay/costume/PJ chicken suit I can literally wear to bed haha!! Awesome! For some reason it didnt cross my mind to look on Amazon and I shop alot there too haha (woops) I have ears already! Thanks :D! Just looking for the perfect cute curly wig :)

I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to wear. My problem is that I'm a bit older than most (not Granny Smith age, thank Gosh.) I thought about Daring Do, especially Daring Do as A.K. Yearling/ Professor Daring Do.  Wings, the wig, purple cloak, glasses, hat. Maybe a shirt and red tie, only with some thirties-style stuff, for that Daring Do as Professor look. 

I've also got Equestria Girls Trixie--the peanut butter sandwiches outfit--and I probably could snag a dress like hers from the Pyramid Collection. The question is--I have a Trixie cloak and a hat partly made, and I already have her horn. The fabric isn't cartoonish, but purple spangled with stars. Do I just stick with Trixie, and try to find some of the dresses? What would I wear as a dress? What in hey would a Rainbow Rocks Trixie look like? Would I look a trillion years old and just like someone's Mom and forget the whole thing?

This was EG Trixie: http://professorbutters.deviantart.com/art/Was-there-ever-any-doubt-411466896

and : http://professorbutters.deviantart.com/art/Peanut-butter-crackers-411467583

So those are my thoughts.  Should I go more age-appropriate and go Professor Daring? Should I stick to Trixie, and get some more Trixie and EG stuff? 

If I go Daring Do, I need help finding her wig and some wings, stat.

Also, assuming I don't look too awful, are there going to be photoshoots or photographers available?

I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to wear. My problem is that I'm a bit older than most (not Granny Smith age, thank Gosh.) I thought about Daring Do, especially Daring Do as A.K. Yearling/ Professor Daring Do.  Wings, the wig, purple cloak, glasses, hat. Maybe a shirt and red tie, only with some thirties-style stuff, for that Daring Do as Professor look. 

I've also got Equestria Girls Trixie--the peanut butter sandwiches outfit--and I probably could snag a dress like hers from the Pyramid Collection. The question is--I have a Trixie cloak and a hat partly made, and I already have her horn. The fabric isn't cartoonish, but purple spangled with stars. Do I just stick with Trixie, and try to find some of the dresses? What would I wear as a dress? What in hey would a Rainbow Rocks Trixie look like? Would I look a trillion years old and just like someone's Mom and forget the whole thing?

This was EG Trixie: http://professorbutters.deviantart.com/art/Was-there-ever-any-doubt-411466896

and : http://professorbutters.deviantart.com/art/Peanut-butter-crackers-411467583

So those are my thoughts.  Should I go more age-appropriate and go Professor Daring? Should I stick to Trixie, and get some more Trixie and EG stuff? 

If I go Daring Do, I need help finding her wig and some wings, stat.

Also, assuming I don't look too awful, are there going to be photoshoots or photographers available?

The wig for Daring Do I got from China, I just used a black wig from Amazon. You can check Etsy for hand made wigs that will do a gray spectrum but they're pricier. For wings and horns Yayahan is your go to girl for anything pony. Sand color fits Daring Do. I'll slap her link up top.

You can always bring two costumes to switch between, that's what I'm doing. Professor Daring sounds kinda neat! I'm keeping the AK Yearling glasses on my Daring Do just to avoid contact lenses for a day.

I know my booth buddy and I think one more from my group will be on cosplay photography duty and I'm certain there will be some other photographers roaming about. As for an organized photoshoot I don't know if there's one happening. I can drop the event staffers an email to see if that's happening or wait until the schedule is released.

I'll update that first post in a jiff with some cosplay resources. Time's running out to order though!

Line Monkey is working on a Princess Cadance cosplay. All done by hand. Wings, horn, dress, cutie mark... the works.

(So. Much. Sewing.)

Aaaand.... adding a Luna, too.

Because I didn't have enough to do.

*headdesk*

Edited by LineMonkey

I decided on Cherry Jubilee, believe it or not!  I ordered the wig and I'm getting the ears, and I'll head down to the garment district this weekend. I don't think there can be lots of people doing Cherry Jubilee.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a heck of a time choosing!

Steampunk Daring Do is out - too big to pack (what with the hat and all).

That leaves Fluttershy, Rarity, Princess Luna and Sunset Shimmer.

Rarity and Sunset Shimmer are the easiest to pack, transport, and wear. Princess Luna and Fluttershy are bigger costumes and prone to wrinkling, but that's not exactly a deal-breaker.

I feel like I should maybe bring Sunset Shimmer for sure, as she's a pretty rare cosplay, but I don't know what other two options to bring.

I also might be going as Japanese Schoolgirl Twilight Sparkle.

I kind of wanted to do meido Fluttershy, but I'd have to get a custom dress (most of the yellow made outfits I saw weren't a color I liked) and that would just take too long.

I will be going as sunset shimmer so you can just look for me with a red on top of yellow wig, sunsets cutie mark on my t shirt, and black leather jacket with black shorts.