Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Zombie Survival RP

Skullbuster

(I'm confused as to why you just filled your post with something about Warframe, but I'll ignore that.)

"Ms. Lace, Is there anything I can do to help any of the others? I've read more books than somepony probably should, and I have gained experience in many things, despite being so young, so can I help?"

• Brohoof 1

@@Sekhayet,

Frozen nods, "I... I can do that..." She neglects to add the 'in theory' to her statement and begins drawing a series of runes on the floor next to Broken, carefully planning out every step in the spell out of fear that the serious-looking pony will shred her if she does something wrong. As she finishes the plan she begins to cast her spell, all the time muttering "Please don't hurt me please don't hurt me please CELESTIA don't hurt me..."

Broken smiles up at Flame, "I was a high-orbital warpony. I have many talents related to speed... strength... no so much."

Broken examines the circle for any inconsistencies before stepping into the center at the right moment to cause a cascading failure of the spell's matrix. The resulting arc lightning that comes up from the floor are drawn to the base of his wings and away from the organic parts of his body and @Arial Flame. He hopes that Frozen will not be too surprised that he intentionally ruined her spell. The pain of the energy not absorbed by the rapid charge cells in his tertiary feathers is quite intense but he keeps from making a sound. He can't hide a grimace, however.

()

Edited by Sekhayet

"Hey... i will make sure no harm comes frozen"

i say walking up close enough to hear you.

"I will trust that he won't hurt you either. Right broken?"

I say glancing and turning to broken as frozen contenues the spell circle.

"And also frozen, don't exert your self with spell casting, if you try. We will need to find a mana battery for you to proform the higher ended spells"

i stop and watch broken walk into then unfinnished circle

Edited by WarFluttershy

I fall asleep on Broken's head. "Meh sleep meeh..." I say very unclearly and silently.

(OOC: time to go to bed! Im tired lol I had to play basketball after school with a friend.)

(filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler)

• Brohoof 1

(OOC: hey guys, after this I'll probably not post for the rest of the night. We had something bad happen today, and I'm just too tired and down.)

Lace looked down, before tilting her head. "I think for now we're alright, dumpling. Just relax and rest your hooves." she spoke with a tenderness, looking out to the smoking heat and wandering undead outside.

"hey guys, I found the  stairs to the roof, if we can find a hardware store, i'll be able to start blacksmithing as well as rig up a rooftop defense" Philipe comes over studying brokens wings in an interested manner "so how are your wings powered anyway?"

(OOC: hey guys, after this I'll probably not post for the rest of the night. We had something bad happen today, and I'm just too tired and down.)

Lace looked down, before tilting her head. "I think for now we're alright, dumpling. Just relax and rest your hooves." she spoke with a tenderness, looking out to the smoking heat and wandering undead outside.

(sorry about your dog, I saw on skulls status)

(on another note, just to be clear i'm not god modding my knowledge, i'm only using what I know in real life)

• Brohoof 1

@@Sekhayet,@,  

Frozen nods, "I know that I'll need a mana battery for anything big, but this is thankfully an easy spell... All I need to do is-" As Broken walks into the circle Frozen staggers back, lacking time to prepare herself for the drain on her magic reserves that spell backlash causes, "Aaah! Please... Please warn me if you're going to do that next time... Spell backlash hurts..." 

I watch broken deal with the pain from the failed spell, almost in awe too.

"That has to hurt...."

i comment watching him just absorb the energy without a grunt or a snort from the magical energies entering through lightning arches. I look at frozen, hoping this kind of spell casting doesn't wear her down any like using telekinesismto lift an extremly heavy object would to a high level caster.

Broken's grimace deepens, "My apologies, exalted... I had forgotten that fact in my haste. It shall not happen again."

Broken takes a step back and bows deeply while managing to keep Flame balanced on his head, "I am in debt to you for the restoration of my wings' mobility. Should you have need of a favor, do not hesitate to-"

He pauses as the familiar ghostly images, sensations, and sounds of his engineered senses spike for a moment. For a single moment, it seems like his wings are fully powered again and a list of status updates roll across his mind in the form of taste. It all abruptly ends with an error message conveying in the painful reminder that his wings have no power source and all systems are going into emergency standby. Unbidden, his warpony mask returns and he continues as if nothing happened.

"...ask me for assistance. If you would excuse me... I should put Flame down..." he abruptly does an about face finally able to fold his wings to his sides, at least for a little while until the charge runs out.

((OOC: Time for bed for me. Got work tomorrow. Night's Blessing, everyone.))

Edited by Sekhayet

"Hmm..." Missy thought, wondering if there really was something she could do to help, she was a unicorn, but she wasn't exactly very powerful, the most she could do was some moderate levitation, she'd never used any advanced spells like this before... she wondered if this town had a library or book store.

I watch for a momment and look over at frozen to see if he was alright.

"How is the magic back lash?"

I ask to see how much the drain was, and i look at the sky lights to see what time of day was.

"Hmmm... we need to find a hardware store for philipe... we'll get that done when we bring back the supplies from the house we were at earlier"

i hear my stomach growl low and i ignoe the hunger, knowing somepony else has gone longer than me.

((Night all. Last post for the night. See you all in the morn'n))

@,@@Sekhayet,  

Frozen sits and gently rubs her head, a small headache resulting from the interrupted spell. She smiles, "It was the least I can do... If you happen to have the specifications for your wings handy I may be able to help you with a more permanent solution, but for now that's all I can do. If you ponies are willing to go with me, it would do well for us to loot the police station for whatever we can, they'll have better weapons than anything we can find here." She turns slowly toward War Fluttershy, "The drain wasn't bad, but I'm getting a bit of a headache from the backlash. Kinda like a hangover, but more gentle."

As Broken is walking back to his sleeping bag, he motions for @Twinkfeather to follow him. He keeps his warpony mask on while he speaks.

"My wings are magical artifacts created by an Imperfect Reflection of the element of Loyalty. It would be analogous to call them a symbiotic being... or perhaps a friend."

Broken places down Flame on the sleeping bag next to his own and turns to look at Twinkfeather, "You realize that if we find you the tools you need, an adequate place to work will probably not be found until we leave this town."

• Brohoof 1

"Actually this place is perfectly Adequate, otherwise I would never have suggested staying" he chuckled "the concrete flooring makes for a perfect workshop, i'd need to contain the fire, and funnel the smoke out the skylight that I broke, but all of that would be no problem"

• Brohoof 1

I look over at Frozen and make sure he fine then i say to him.

"I will go, but we need to go to our house to get the supplies we left there"

I look over at Philipe and tell her.

"Well that works too, though we will need a grate to keep the fliers from flying in on us."

((OOC: i found a good picture.))

"Do we intend to remain in this town for long? Every item we collect that is difficult to transport will tie us down more strongly. I doubt we will find a Mass Teleport enchantment here. We need to leave."

Broken keeps his warpony mask and monotone though he can't help the slight annoyance he feels. It would be suicide to remain in a place surrounded by enemies.

((OOC: Nice, . Reminds me of a FO:E, poster.))

Edited by Sekhayet

"This building is safe for now, and it is base of operations until we get started on making a settlement to protect us from the zombies"

I say reassuringly, looking at broken as i say that.

"I say it is good for about a week, Which by then we should be started on making a settlement out in the woods away from any zombie population. So... no, we are not going to be here for long, but if we where to get supplies and bring it here as we get ready, it makes it less painful and less time consuming when we should be focused on building a wall around our settlement."

I keep my words calm and as reassuring as possible to everyone here.

(Thanks @@Sekhayet)

Edited by WarFluttershy

Frozen stops looking at Broken, her frustration and pain being channeled into anger, "And where in Celestia's name do you suggest we go[\i]? We have a perfectly defensible position and supplies here, whereas we have no way to transport the non-Pegasus members of our group in anything resembling safety or expediency... So what do you suggest we do? Spout more inane technobabble and complain about the past? Or maybe we should just sit here impassively while the zombies slaughter us? So unless you have an actual, workable plan, please SHUT THE HELL UP!"

I look at frozen, stunned at the sudden outburst.

"Well Frozen... What do you suggest we do first? Go to the police station for weapons and arms? or go get supplies that we don't have enough for everyone here? And i have been thinking about a way for us to get earth ponies and unicorns alike to a safe location. It took us a several hours last time because we didn't have the supplies needed to move us faster. Now that we are here, we can get rope, tarp, harnesses, and other supplies that can help us move people faster. by the way, how many pegasues do we have?"

I look around and count how many we have, excluding Broken for he can not fly without a power source.

(Sorry guys but i don't know how many we have)

Edited by WarFluttershy

Broken shrugs and replies coolly, "We require more information about the surrounding area. There are more pegasi in this group than earth ponies or unicorns. Transportation will not be a problem. I direct your attention to the section of the store labeled Boating. A possible solution to transportation would be linking together three or more into an over-land catamaran or trimaran. Depending on your abilities, it could be enchanted to float."

Broken takes a few steps over to his bedroll and nudges a section of his wing to release his slug thrower before turning around and laying down. He addresses the two mares again, "The full inventory of items as I know them are as follows: six cans of food, two and a half bottles of water, one long range slug thrower, one short range slug thrower, one blunt force weapon, eleven first aid kits. I know not what the others carry. Water should be a priority followed by food and then information about the town. The front door of this building is barricaded and I have set up a temporary barricade in the back. There are multiple hive-shelters nearby where, presumably, the corpses used to live. There is a building that might yield food across the road."

(This post is made irrelevant by a level head quicker than me ^^; pay no mind to it)

Lace could only nod, sitting beside her young unicorn friend. She looked at Broken, thankful for his level head. "You are right. We need more supplies; not to mention time for these young ones to heal. But we can't stay here forever." she spoke with a sigh, ears pressed back in worry.

"But if we leave, we have to make sure we can survive and fend them off until we can find more of whatever we need." Sweets joined in, grasping her scarf with a hoof as she remembered those most precious to her.

Edited by Sweets

Broken bows his head in agreement, "Acknowledged. I can operate for six more hours at battle-readiness before I will begin to deteriorate. My wings will have enough power for eight hours of continuous use. With respect to those two constraints, I volunteer for the first scavenging run. My suggestions for gathering missions objectives stand."

"I'll go with broken."

I calmly say after the argument and took a few moments to think about the situation that had occurred.

"If we find any bladed weapons i can wield them well"

I look over at the rest of the party. Still working on a plan that will get us out of here safely and into an area that we can live quietly and peacefully.

Thunder was standing quietly, watching them argue what they would do. When Dust had brought up fillies, he had been flustered, and took some time to himself. He was scared about the idea. He was to young.

He was observing the others. The group was getting too big. He wasn't sure they could survive for long.

He was lost in thought...