King Sombra Fan Club

Castle Bleck

I loved his interaction with the other villains, they looked scared and impressed of grogar while sombra did not care and was unimpressed. It shows he is not afraid of anyone and more confident in himself then the other villains(excluding grogar).  

2004454.jpeg.jpg

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Stay alert, Sombronies. 

4.png

The synopsis for the next episode, and before I hear any Debbie Downers crying over how this doesn't confirm his return (not being serious, I know this thread is pretty much r/thesombra :P ), keep in mind that it could still very well contain foreshadowing of his return. Worst case scenario, he should at least be mentioned for the fourth time in an episode not involving him this season, which is record-breaking for any season.  

Update: My foolish optimism has made me look foolish. Sombra did not appear or get a mention. I'm going to take the L like a man and shut up about the possibility of him reappearing unless trustworthy confirmation is given. 

776491721_SombraMentions.jpg.480d051eefbc31214be7e6c40690a268.jpg

Anyways, for now, let's enjoy more fabulous artwork. :proud:

large.png

large.png

large.png

Our king has risen back to grace. :squee:

Edited by CloudMistDragon
Update
  • Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

The synopsis for the next episode, and before I hear any Debbie Downers crying over how this doesn't confirm his return (not being serious, I know this thread is pretty much r/thesombra :P ), keep in mind that it could still very well contain foreshadowing of his return. Worst case scenario, he should at least be mentioned for the fourth time in an episode not involving him this season, which is record-breaking for any season.  

776491721_SombraMentions.jpg.480d051eefbc31214be7e6c40690a268.jpg

Well, I really doubt he will return since grogar stated that he hope that the other 3 will be enough for his plans, and there is no practicular reason to bring him back once more. The other 3 villains have arcs, you know their story is not finished, sombra on the other hand was destroyed back in season 3 and returned here due to grogar, this premier needed to establish the villain alliance, giving them a reason to submit to grogar(fear of being killed by him or defeated like sombra) and to put someone to test the good guys while they don't get to know about the legion of villains. Sombra was the perfect candidate for the role: fans wanted to see him again, he was powerful and he didn't have an arc so him being killed off in the premier will not effect the story to much. The only way I see him come back is if grogar gets desperate or someone summons him(like maybe there is an artifact that can bring him back, like coboleron or the other one will think that sombra will be under their control and bring them world dominance or something). Anyway, he was great in the premier and left his mark in the show.

I think he will be mentioned a few more times during this season, he did take over equestria and stood up to grogar so both the villains and the hero's might bring him up. 

medium.png

medium-1.png

medium-2.png

• Brohoof 2

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:25 AM, Rushing cash said:

The other 3 villains have arcs, you know their story is not finished, sombra on the other hand was destroyed back in season 3 and returned here due to grogar, this premier needed to establish the villain alliance, giving them a reason to submit to grogar(fear of being killed by him or defeated like sombra) and to put someone to test the good guys while they don't get to know about the legion of villains. Sombra was the perfect candidate for the role: fans wanted to see him again, he was powerful and he didn't have an arc so him being killed off in the premier will not effect the story to much.

I think you summed it up perfectly here. One way or another Tirek, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow are all established and have at least some sort of character foundation. Sombra, outside of the comics, never really had that. Celestia only referred to him as "a unicorn whose heart was black a night" and that's quite damming (in a good way, IMO). Sombra's actions in the season 9 premiere do much to support that.

Now, Sombra is best pony for me and even I doubt we'll see him again, but you never know. I just have a feeling that the three aforementioned villains will have a bigger part to play in S9 when everything is all said and done.

I will say tho; I'm happy he's being mentioned as much as he has been. Sombra obviously left quite the impact on Ponyville, Canterlot, and the Crystal Empire during his takeover. It does much to justify my love and respect for him.......careful how you read that. :P

• Brohoof 1

0C974976-AEAC-473F-A904-E17FE9F80486.png
Pathfinder I Sojourner I CorsairZu'hra I Autumn | Scarlet Willow | Gypsy | Silverthorn | Crystal Whisper | Radiant Historia | And many other OCs~
Matching signatures with mah Bestie MOONLIGHT <3

1 hour ago, PathfinderCS said:

One way or another Tirek, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow are all established and have at least some sort of character foundation. Sombra, outside of the comics, never really had that. Celestia only referred to him as "a unicorn whose heart was black a night" and that's quite damming (in a good way, IMO). Sombra's actions in the season 9 premiere do much to support that.

Now, Sombra is best pony for me and even I doubt we'll see him again, but you never know. I just have a feeling that the three aforementioned villains will have a bigger part to play in S9 when everything is all said and done.

I will say tho; I'm happy he's being mentioned as much as he has been. Sombra obviously left quite the impact on Ponyville, Canterlot, and the Crystal Empire during his takeover. It does much to justify my love and respect for him.......careful how you read that. :P

At the moment it seems like these 3 will be reformed, so its likely that sombra will be one of the very few unreformed villains(I can only think of TPOS, storm king, NM and probably grogar are the others I can think of if these 3 indeed redeem themselves), and I actually prefer it that way. King sombra is pretty cruel compared to the other villains, he plays to the opponents fears and hurting them both physically and mentally and will hurt even foals if needed to, redeeming him would not make sense. Which makes another return unlikely, no sense in making another premier like scenario.

I can't explain it, but it just makes me happy when they mention him, it was my favorite parts in uprooted and she's all yak:adorkable:. He certainly showed just how powerful and cunning he is in the premier, I would say he was the strongest and by himself the biggest threat to equestria from the villains grogar summoned(tirek is probably stronger at his best them sombra although sombra have some useful spells that tirek lacks but if he steals magic discord can detect him, chrysalis is barely stronger then celestia at her best) and was the only one to still have faith in himself to defeat twilight and the others so it made sense for him to try alone.

large.thumb.png.a85ec2f767efc0cd92fdd01a02d11c22.png      

all_hail_the_shattered_shadow_king__by_crecious_dd70d8i-pre.jpg

• Brohoof 2

15 minutes ago, A.V. said:

Regardless of the differing opinions on his S9 portrayal, everyone seems to agree that his "Fake defeat, then ambush the Tree" plan was spot-on.

Definitely, it showed both his intelligence and his power(he quite easily destroyed the tree), the only thing that is unclear is how he survived the blast from the elements. My theory for that is the blast was not powerful enough because the main 6 underestimated him and as a result he could escape it, or the elements tried to turn him to shadow(like what luna and celestia did) so this time he knew how to deal with that or because they turned him to shadow before(when celestia and luna used it on him) this time it didn't effect him.

By the way, I found no problem with his portrayal in the premier, from what we have seen in the season 3 premier he is intelligent and cruel and so he is in season 9(he was a shadow for the majority of season 3 premier so that's probably why he didn't speak a lot) and his voice is actually similar enough(just without the echo) so its not bothering me at all. But I guess its a matter of how fans imagined his personality and how they wanted it to be, so some don't mind the difference while others might not like what they envisioned for years to be changed drastically, which is understandable. 

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Since his back story was not reviled in the show(unless you cont the comics), what do you think caused him to turn evil? I think he was a unicorn with self esteem problems, he was interested in studying magic but his magic was pretty weak. He went to travel across the land, and found his way to the crystal empire where he learned about dark magic, started practicing and became obsessed with it, it got into his had that now with his power he is better then anyone else, conquered the crystal empire, with time he became more sadistic until luna and celestia stopped him by turning him into shadow and banishing him. His cutie mark is either darkness, or maybe he had a cutie mark but when luna and crlrstia turned him to shadow it dissapeared or he never got his cutie mark and that's why he went travailing.   

long_live_the_king___king_sombra_fanart_by_sweetkllrvane_dd47s6h-350t.jpg.8e19e79fff8e797c0c26570d4e0c4649.jpg450183847_medium(2).png.0de2da577bd48ee3d2b457455ff2eb79.png

medium (1).png

medium.png

Edited by Rushing cash
  • Brohoof 2

So I stayed up all night to write another fan theory about King Sombra not being dead. :maud:

https://www.deviantart.com/cloudmistdragon/art/King-Sombra-is-Still-Alive-Fan-Theory-799825347

If that's not for you, that's cool, because I got more artwork. :squee:

large.jpeg

large.png

large.png

large.jpeg

dd7s0ev-9082100d-4849-4d8a-9783-f9be77c3

That last one is actually mine, drawn for a comedy story I have upcoming. Yes, a story too, I know, I am an addict. I love King Sombra way too much and it is beginning to scare me. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

I heard that sombras voice was not changed in the polish version, so I was curious and decided to check it out, and its pretty good. If someone hate sombras English season 9 voice(by alvin sanders) then he can just watch this instead, it actually works really well, I am not sure if I prefer this or the English one:yay:.

https://sparklesubs.pl/mlpfim/s09e01?mirror=4

https://sparklesubs.pl/mlpfim/s09e02?mirror=4

The laugh is not as good as the english one in my opinion, but the preformance overall is great!

Spoiler

__the_king_has_won_the_war_by_feathershine1_dd8h447-pre.thumb.jpg.8e53288f3cfe4de34a5da14d91156240.jpg

king_sombra_concept_art_by_ezariel_dd87987-pre.jpg

• Brohoof 3

On 4/17/2019 at 6:52 PM, CloudMistDragon said:

Alright, now this...

large.jpeg

THIS is the king of good King Sombra art. I can't be the only one enamored by the idea of Sombra formerly being a noble warrior. :love:

I do think but in a different way. I see him as a king that lost his birth right. (It is in my fanfic I am making right now https://www.fimfiction.net/story/441862/the-era-of-shadow-and-terror)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
15 hours ago, thebatmantyler said:

I do think but in a different way. I see him as a king that lost his birth right. (It is in my fanfic I am making right now https://www.fimfiction.net/story/441862/the-era-of-shadow-and-terror)

Heh, I just wrote a King Sombra fanfic recently too, a crackfic comedy. 

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13304364/1/King-Sombra-Must-Die

Also, yay, a chance to post more great Sombra art. 

dethroned_despot_2_by_enigmadoodles_dd9d505364965_CoolSombra.thumb.png.8f6f4e56df475be88d3a64a5e6ff1e9d.png

I know he's not the focus shot of the second image, but I use that shot of him as my current Discord avatar, I kid you not. :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Now this is a great parody comic that actually makes good use of edited screencaps...

2060147.png

Speaking of screencaps, here's one I took. I already shared it in the Between Dark and Dawn thread, but it's just unimaginable to only share it there. Seriously, I had to make major updates to my theory of King Sombra still being alive because of it...

2072865.jpeg

Since only sharing occult photography would be rude (what if you get possessed? ^_^) I also wanted to share what no post in this thread can go without, awesome Sombra art. :yay:

large.png

purgatory_by_enigmadoodles_ddab9tm-pre.j

large.png

Forgot one of the Sombra art pictures was something I already posted, so I exchanged it.
  • Brohoof 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 6:30 AM, CloudMistDragon said:

Speaking of screencaps, here's one I took. I already shared it in the Between Dark and Dawn thread, but it's just unimaginable to only share it there. Seriously, I had to make major updates to my theory of King Sombra still being alive because of it...

Still doesn't really make sense to me, the shadow was probably the chicken. Would be cool if he plays a bigger role this season but everything so far points against it.

thumb.png

thumb (1).png

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Rushing cash said:

Still doesn't really make sense to me, the shadow was probably the chicken. Would be cool if he plays a bigger role this season but everything so far points against it.

thumb.png

thumb (1).png

The...shadow looks...nothing like a chicken though. ^_^

I can't believe I never saw this amazing bit of art posted here...

large.jpeg

That is my desktop background right now, legit. :squee:

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, CloudMistDragon said:

The...shadow looks...nothing like a chicken though.

To me it looks similar enough. I will believe it when I see it or when there will be strong evidence to support it, and a shadowy figure that might or might not been a chicken is not enough for me, would be cool however if they managed to find a way to include him in the finale without it being too forced.

2096331.thumb.png.25c4148b2521951ae3a9684a9aef1c3f.png

• Brohoof 1