Is there some sort of 'crush frenzy' going on right now?

AppleGearRising

Well aren't you enthusiastic D:

I am pretty much always "enthusiastic" no matter what time of year, living in Southern California kind of helps (nice weather at least most of the time) but so does having a high testosterone level which has gotten higher since I got back into my weight lifting.

Do you mean crushes on people on the forums? Or crushes on people in real life? Or crushes on fictional characters? Or all of the above?

I totally don't have a crush on Elsa from Frozen btw

Edited by Champion RD92
  • Brohoof 1

I totally don't have a crush on Elsa from Frozen btw

I totally don't either. I totally was not thinking about her all night after seeing Frozen the first time. I also totally didn't see Frozen twice more, mostly because of Elsa. Nope. Not at all. Never happened.

• Brohoof 2

Nope haven't seen that either. I mean, there's people making out every hallway I turn at school, but that's everyday. So, if there is a difference, so much is already going on I'm likely oblivious to it.

As for me? Nope. No crushes. Not in real life. Not on here.

For some reason it is quite the opposite where I live. About 8 couples I know have broken up in the last 3 weeks (though 2 of them might get back together).

I never know if I truly have a crush on soeone. I don't feel those kind of feelings heavily. It makes me a little depressed really :c...

I guess everyone's getting out of some sort of winter depression, already explained by @PsychedelicPony , though I wouldn't call it a "disorder".

It's pretty logical if we think about the holidays and special days as well. Christmas and New Year are times to be spend with family and friends. But often, especially around the ages of 17-20, friends and family can be far away and make one feel lonely. Combined with the fact that longer nights (Such as in the winter) makes people more moody on average, it's not weird to think that everyone is a little more reserved and is holding back on their enthusiasm.

With the coming of spring, which means more daylight and warmer weather, everyone gets out of their shell again. This of course isn't the case with everyone, but you do notice it. People become generally happier and more open about things. Especially after Valentine's Day, even people claiming they don't care, will be affected unconsciously. I think it's great really, I love warm weather the most, and to see more smiles on everyone's face just makes it so much better.

Anyway, I think it's great really. It's fun to discuss crushes or see people have them. Bandwagon or not, doesn't matter. It's all in good fun, and who doesn't like a good vibe?

I have a boyfriend but I do have three crushes.One is a Facebook friend, I just admire everything about her; she's beautiful, smart, and independent. She knows when to tell people off, yet is also kind and that's what I like in a women. The other is on somebody on the DA forums, I used to pick on her and developed a crush after she said I hurt her feelings. We're friends now. I don't like talking about the third one.

Just keep in mind that my crushes are never acted on and I much prefer my boyfriend. He also knows about them and is fine because they're just crushes. 

• 9 years later...
3 hours ago, Clawdeen said:

Ofc there is. Crush is the best. Grape is my favorite 

Geez was I really the last person to post in this ancient thread :wacko: ?

I know specifically who I had a crush on then lol. Wow.

I don’t like any crush… maybe grapefruit.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, DubWolf said:

Geez was I really the last person to post in this ancient thread :wacko: ?

I know specifically who I had a crush on then lol. Wow.

I don’t like any crush… maybe grapefruit.

Was it Orange Crush at the time? It’s the most popular flavor :wacko:

Edited by Clawdeen

4 hours ago, Clawdeen said:

Was it Orange Crush at the time? It’s the most popular flavor :wacko:

Actually orange soda is generally tasty :wacko: .

It was more humany. I wouldn’t have drank it tho :ooh: .

15 minutes ago, DubWolf said:

Actually orange soda is generally tasty :wacko: .

It was more humany. I wouldn’t have drank it tho :ooh: .

I mean I would hope you wouldn't drink a person lol.  That would make you DubVampire instead of DubWolf