Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Slice of Life

Chaotix

Sunrise finally found a map discarded on the side of the street. Eagerly picking it up and unfolding it, she pinpointed her location after a few minutes of scanning the paper. "So, my house should be right around....here," she said to herself, tapping a section on the map. Refolding it and stuffing it into her backpack, she traced her way towards her location.

Her route took her through the town square, and out of the corner of her eye she saw the tour group, where Easel was waving her arms animatedly in the direction of the houses. I suppose I can find my house later, Sunrise thought, as she trotted back towards the group to rejoin them.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

((Probably best if your character just spoke to him and it wasn't shown.))

Wick smiled as they reached the more residential area of town. He didn't get to see this side of town very often, and always enjoyed the quaint looks of the cottages and houses. That's not to say he didn't like his apartment, far from it, he loved the convenience of living above his own store, but sometimes he yearned for a house.

With a gentle smile, he nodded. "Well, everyone, it was nice to meet you, but, I've got to open the shop in... " He glanced at his watch. "Five minutes ago. Oh, hay, I've got to go! See you all! Swing by the store and I'll give you a free candle, or... something!" He called, turning and galloping off towards the town square and his store.

Easel giggled as the green colt's stomach rumbled loudly, nodding at his question. "Sure! There's a great bakery back in the square~ And a sandwich shop, and a fancy restaurant, and... basically, any kind've food you want!" she pointed back towards where they had come from, "They won't be very hard to find, either..~" She turned her head, waving a hoof as Candle Wick said his goodbyes and galloped away, noticing Summer coming towards them from the same direction he'd left in. "Hey, Summer!" she called, nodding in welcome. "I see you found that map you wanted~" She trotted towards her, offering a smile. "Still need any help, or are you set now?"

(Blah. -fail-)

Chuckling slightly, Electrobolt said, "Eheheh... Thanks... I think I'll head that way now..." He then began to walk towards the square, ready to get food for himself. As he continued on his way to get some food, his stomach growled again. *Hold on just a bit longer...* he thought. *You'll get some food soon...*

"Yeah, I'm fine," Summer said happily. "i just have to find my house with this thing and I'll be all set now!" She opened the map again and scanned it. It took her a few moments to find the location again, but when she did, she realized that it wasn't that far from here. "I'll go check it out now," she said, eagerly heading eastwards.

Pink Slippers trotted underneath shady trees and beside bushes blooming with pale yellow flowers, wondering what this foreign place was going to be like for her. Her saddlebags carried her prized posessions, clothing, baked goods from her mother, a few bits from her father to get her started, and a map. A thousand different thoughts bounced back and forth in her head- so many that she was certain a headache would be in her very near future.

What will the ponies be like? Wow, these buds are simply marvelous at this time of year! Will my dance class be able to prosper here? Will anypony actually be interested in dancing? It will be difficult transferring to a big town house from a small ranch house. I miss my friends in Ponyville. Maybe I'll get a pet?

After arriving at the square, Electrobolt began to look around for the restaurants. *Where could they... Aha!* he thought as he saw the sandwich shop, and it was open for breakfast. *Perfect! I think a sandwich would be nice...* He walked into the building and a few minutes later, he walked out with a bag in his mouth. Looking around for a place to sit and eat, he noticed an empty bench with nopony around. He walked over to the bench and sat down, setting the bag down right next to him. "Alright, let's eat..." he whispered to himself as he pulled his breakfast sandwich out of his bag, taking his first bite. *This... This is really delicious!!!* he thought, still chewing his first bite.

Sunrise happily dashed through the street, jumping out of the way of other ponies quickly when necessary. Sure, it was kind of startling, but she wanted to find her house as quickly as possible. She eagerly paused to examine every intersection sign that she could, and chose her path accordingly. After what seemed to her like hours of searching, she finally found the road she was looking for. She slowed down a bit to admire the scenery. There were pretty flowers on either side of the street, and a small stream cut through the road in the middle, across which had been built a sturdy little stone bridge. Houses were lined up on either side of the road, except near the stream, of course. The lawns were nicely kept, and she could see that the backyards extended a long way. In fact, they might even lead out to the grassy meadow-she couldn't see it too well from this angle. I'm going to love it here, she decided.

Electrobolt continued to eat his breakfast as he sat on the bench, nopony approaching the area. *Mmm... This peace is good and all,* he thought, *but I just wonder where my house is...* He looked at his saddlebag, which was holding his key and personal belongings, before returning to his breakfast sandwich. *I'm sure I'll find it though... I could get used to living here!*

(Fluid Heart is a filly)

Suddenly, a bucket of ice cube was thrown out from the window. As it falls, the ice cube spreads out, falling straight to Sunrise & Electrobolt, covering them with ices. "Mymymymymymy Bad!" Fluid Heart popped out from the window looking downward, wondering if anyone is hurt, noticing Sunrise & Electrobolt covered in ice, she immediately ran downstair and approaches the two. "I'm sorry miss, did I hurt you?" She said, with her ear flopped out downward.

Sunrise blinked a little in surprise, suddenly finding herself dripping in ice. "Um..." She looked up to see a pony peering down at her from a house. Gee, that was nice...The filly that had thrown the bucket of ice had ran downstairs by now, opened the door and sheepishly apologized.

"It-it's alright," said Sunrise, wiping the half-melted ice from her face. "That was just startling, that's all." She unfolded the map to make sure it hadn't gotten wet.

Just as he was about to take another bite out of his breakfast, Electrobolt suddenly got doused in ice. "Wha... What the...?" he asked, looking around to see where the attacking ice cubes came from. Suddenly he heard a voice calling out from above. When he looked up, he saw a filly popping her head out of the window before her head popped back in. Just as soon as her head had returned into the building, the little filly had run downstairs and outside to apologize. Finding himself silently chuckling, he responded to the filly, "I'm fine, don't worry about me." He then proceeded to wipe the ice off of himself right then. "By the way," he began to ask in a calm tone, "what happened that all the ice just flew out the window?"

"Lets see..." Pink Slippers mumbled as she began to unfold her map. "I don't see a 'River Rock St.' on this map." She continued to scan the map, trying to find her street. *Where is it??* She thought as panic began to rise in her throat. *Did I write down the wrong street name??* She recognized some of the street names, but she couldn't find hers.

For the first time, she noticed the title at the top of the map.

"Map of.... Canterlot??" She sighed with frustration. That would explain why she recognized the streets... that was where she used to live! "Now what do I do?"

Across the street, she noticed two ponies and a small filly standing near what appeared to be a sandwich shop. "I know! I'll ask them. Maybe they'll happen to have a map handy!"

"Um... Hello!" she called out. She trotted across the street so she wouldn't have to yell. "My name is Pink Slippers. I'm new here. My map is... well..." She blushed, embarrassed. "Well, it's the wrong one. I accidentally grabbed my dad's map of Canterlot. Do you think you could help me find River Rock Street?"

Wick sighed happily as he made it back to his shop. Pushing open the door, the bell chimed and he trotted inside. Humming lightly, he headed to a nearby lantern in the window with the words "OPEN" carved into the wrought iron front. Pulling open the back of it, he closed his eyes and focused on the three candles inside it. A moment later, with a slight puff of air, they lit, and Wick smiled happily as he closed the gate on the back.

Heading back behind the counter, he hummed lightly, inspecting the shelves upon shelves of candles. He made sure they were all in the right place and, indeed, they were. There were the unscented ones on the shelf to the right, the scented ones on the left, the time keeping candles with a bit of powder in the wick to make them pop were in a case near the front... They didn't sell too often, given the convenience of clocks and watches, but, some people bought them anyways, as antiquities of sorts, or timers.

Humming, he took his usual spot behind the counter and sat down. Sighing as he stared at the door for a few minutes, he sighed, floating a book over to him and opening it up. Usually when the store was empty, he liked to read.

Fluid Heart explains nervously, "Um, well... You see... I was trying to lift a bucket of ice cube on my back... But then I slipped and the bucket went straight to window!"

Meanwhile

Blue Heart walked into Wick's Candle shop, "Hey there, Wick!" She browsed through the candles for a few moment, but she can't seem to find the candle she wants, so she asked Wick, "Say, I'm looking for a Heart Shaped candle with Daffodil Aromatherapy in it, is there any in here?".

"I see..." Electrobolt spoke, a smile on his face. "Well next time, be more careful, alright?" He looked over to his saddlebag, recalling that his keys and all of his personal belongings were still in there. "Anyways, I don't believe I introduced myself. My name is Electrobolt. Nice to meet you!"

Wick smiled as Blue Heart entered, grinning as he placed his bookmark on his page and set the book he'd been reading aside. "Hey there, Blue Heart." He said, rising from his relaxed position and peering at the unicorn from over his reading glasses.

Hearing her request, he paused. "Well, not stocked, no... I can make one for you, though. Haven't used the heart mold since I made all of those special candles for Hearts and Hooves Day." He said, chuckling as he headed towards the back of the store. "Just a second... Should have some daffodil oil around here somewhere." He scanned the shelves of various ingredients grinning as he finally spotted a small vial labeled "Daffodil Oil".

Floating it down off the shelf, he hummed lightly as he pulled out the mold, a wick, and some unmelted wax as well. Humming, he set to work, measuring out the length of the wick and the amount of wax he would need. Setting the wax in a melting pot over a fire, he hummed,tossing in the oil and a bit of dye for coloring. Placing the wick in the center of the mold, he gently poured in the now melted wax, grinning as he did. "Right, well, it'll take a few hours to cool, but, shouldn't be too long." He said proudly, smiling. He blinked as though realizing something. "Oh, shoot, I didn't even stop to ask if you even wanted me to custom make it... heh, sorry, I can get a bit ahead of myself some times..." He admitted, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly.

Still too distracted with her map to care that a bucket of ice cubes had just been thrown over her head, she trotted on eagerly-she was on the correct street, she knew that for a fact. "Aha!" she exclained happily, as she finally came to the seventh house down the lane. It was empty, and the grass was overgrown, but that was alright-she's spruce it up nicely in no time. Humming a happy tune, se navigated through the maze of weeds, noting in her head the best place to start cutting th grass, until she reached the solid oak doorway. There was a note taped to the door, which she read. It was a welcome note from Doc, explaining what different plants had already been documented in the area. It gave a list of suggestions of the best places to explore. She noted a few of the easier-to-remember ones. Spring Valley Falls sounded nice. Stuffing the note into her backpack, she took out a key and pressed it into the lock, which sprang open with a click. Opening the door, she eagerly walked inside.

"Wow, this is great!" She spent the next half hour exploring every inch of her new house.

"No, No, It's okay Wick. Me and Fluid are trying to make an Ice Sculpture." Blue Heart Browse through more candle, then look at the clock. "Oh my, it's getting late. Wick, could you perhaps send the candle tomorrow? Here's 3 Bits." Blue Heart threw 3 Bits with her mouth to Wick. "Thanks!" She said, as she exited the candle shop.

Meanwhile

"I'm Fluid Heart! Are you new around here? I never saw you before." She said, while picking up the scattered half-melted Ice Cube. Then she heard the town bell. "Ah, it's getting late, I hope Blue Heart will be home soon..."

Electrobolt slightly chuckled when Fluid Heart asked if he was new. "You can tell, huh?" he responded, as he helped to pick up the ice cubes as best as he could. After hearing the town bell ringing, he heard Fluid mention something about Blue Heart. As he was about to ask who Blue Heart was, another voice spoke up. Looking over, he noticed this pink mare, who was named Pink Slippers, as she joined in helping with the ice cubes. "Oh, uh... Hello..." Electrobolt said to her between ice cubes. "My name... Is Electrobolt."

Summer left the house rather regetfully as she heard the clock tower chime. She woul have loved to stay there a bit longer, but she had work to do. "Spring Valley Falls..." she murmured to herself, trying to locate it on the map. "Oh, there it is! That's not TOO far. Well, that's what I have wings for, right?" Folding the map back into her backpack, she took off galloping, jumping into the air and flapping her wings to give her lift as she flew southwards.

zena headed to her house when she heard the town bell "i hope i find my house soon,its starting to ge dark"she said "now what was the street"as she turned the courner of the road humm... 16 summerfield lane ah this is the right street she noticed a pony taking as she approched her house "i wonder where she's off to?" her house was quite small but at least she was by her self, the house had two bedrooms, a bathroom, a dining hall, a kitchen connecting and a lounge it also had a nice garden out back but the front garden could do with some pruning she pushed the great oak door open and went straight to the kitchen "wow im starving im going to have to go shopping tomorrow" luckyily she had brought some supplies she pulled out her food and started unpacking what she had brought.