Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Slice of Life

Chaotix

OOC Thread

Inppired Winds was hoping this new start will be a great chance to try and fit in, after the disasters first in Cloudsdale, then Ponyville...well she wasnt the most popular pony. Luckily this new town Colts Crosssing has never heard of her, so it was truly a new clean start. Even better the town had a mecanical workshop of sorts, mostly fixated on repairing carts, but Inspired loved anything mechanical, after showing her mchanical skills (not even Inspired can stuff up putting a wheel on an axle) she was hired immediately.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough
Link to OOC thread; appropriate information moved to first post of OOC.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summer Sunrise happily trotted up to the gate. Yep, this is it! She double-checked and triple-checked her map just to make sure, but it was definitely Colt's Crossing, all right. Glancing towards the row of cottage buildings lining the street, and the ponies strolling around on the roads, she smiled. The place had a quaint feel. Maybe this won't be such a bad place after all! She had come here in search of more plants to add to her herbal collection-if she got enough, Doc would be really happy, and if Doc was happy, he'd teach her lots about medicine! Grabbing the map with her mouth, she trotted eagerly into Colt's Crossing, looking around for the address of where Doc said her new home would be.

The sun was high in the sky before Easel finally nosed her way out the door of her studio, her tousled mane sticking every which way as she stepped into the sunlight. "Woooah, I can't believe I slept so late..." she mumbled to herself, shaking her forelock out of her eyes, "That's the last time I stay up past four... probably." She blinked a few times, then finally fully awake, trotted out into the square for a mid-morning stroll.

Glancing about, she greeted the market ponies, already set up in their stalls and shopfronts as business began for the day. After exchanging a few bits for a lovely muffin breakfast, she took a turn down one of the cottage-lined lanes near the main entrance, intending to loop back around just in time to hopefully catch any customers at her shop. Lost in the thoughts of whatever her day might hold, she didn't notice as another mare trotted straight through the gate, accidentally tripping right over her and knocking her down. "--WHAA--uff!" She sat up, looking slightly dazed, and then extremely sheepish. "Er... whoops, sorry there~ I wasn't payin' attention... you're okay, right?"

(Directed towards Summer Sunrise, if it wasn't clear.)

Edited by Easel

(Not sure who tripped who, so I'll assume they both fell)

Summer Sunrise staggered to her hooves. "I-I'm fine." She shook her head to clear it. Not a good way to start a new life in this place. Picking herself back off the ground, she looked at the fallen pony. "Oh..I-I'm sorry. I didn't see where you were going." She looked awkwardly at the ground. "I'll try to be more careful next time."

(Yeah, I was just kinda going for a big heap anyway. |D)

Easel pricked her ears, sensing the other pony's embarrassment and feeling guilty. "Aw, don't worry about it. Probably my fault anyway, I'm always runnin' into ponies, heheh." She chuckled good-naturedly, trying to cheer the other up as she dusted off her flank. "Anyway, from the way you were dashin' in here, you must be new, huh? If you are, then let me be the first to welcome you to Colt's Crossing~" She gestured dramatically with her hoof towards the rest of the town. "I don't mind showin' you around, if you need it..." She grinned widely, flicking her tail.

"Oh! Um, yes. That would be really nice of you! If you have the time, that is...I don't want to waste any of your time." She bent down and picked up the map and the saddlebag that held the plant leaves she had already found on the way to Colt's Crossing. After a bit of struggling she managed to get the bag over her back again. "Well, um, if you have the time...can you tell me where River Rock Street is? Apparently my new house is there."

(Yeah....we don't have a map so I'm picking out names at random)

Wick sighed gently as he trotted down the stairs from his loft, eyes still half closed as he made his way into the shop below, the stairs leading behind the counter. His eyes squinted as he floated his vest off of the nearby stud on the wall which he hung it on every night. Slipping into it, he glanced around, looking for his glasses, noticing the blurry outline of black on the counter. Sighing, he floated them up and onto his nose, accidentally poking himself in the eye with them as he did.

"Ow! Ponyfeathers!" He said, bringing up a hoof to rub the pained eye before properly setting down his glasses on his nose. Blinking a few times to ease the soreness, he sighed, stretching out his legs before glancing around the store. He'd gotten up early enough that the store didn't 'open' for another hour, even though he usually opened early. Shrugging, he grabbed his saddlebags, floating them onto his back and heading out the door, making it ring quaintly before heading for the market. He really felt like some coffee this morning... Maybe he could pick up some beeswax and honey while he was there.

NOTE: The Underlined word shows that I don't really know the good word to describe at the moment, if possible, please tell me a better word, thank you.

Blue Heart opened her eyes on her bed, rolling on her bed, trying to stretch her body, but couldn't. Still feeling sleepy, she closed her eyes again, but soon enough she opened her eyes again anyways. "Guess I can't sleep longer than this..." She mumbled as she got off her bed, stood up, then lifted her front right hoof, stretching her body. "*Relieves* Goooood morning, Equestria!" She said, with smile on her face.

She got out from her room and locks her room, then trotted down the stair, going to 1st Floor where her aunt is selling slushies. "Good morning, Aunt Slush!"

"Good morning dearie! Going somewhere?" Said Blue Slush.

"Yeah, I have something to do!" Said Blue Heart as she picked up her backpack, throwing it to her back.

"Why, Be careful on the way!"

Blue Heart opened the door of her aunt's home, then she ran around the city, passing by Easel & Summer Sunrise. "Morning Easel! ..............................................Wait..." As she noticed the new blue Pegasi, she ran back to Easel. "Easel! Who is that Blue Pegasus?" She said pointing to Summer Sunrise.

NOTE: She lives in Colt's Crossing for quite a time, it would be a bit strange to not know Easel.

Edited by Blue Heart

zena landed outside of the gates noticing two ponys talking

"....excuse me....." the ponies could not her her as she was so quite,she raised her voice slightly and approched the two ponies "excuse me" she said gingerly

NOTE:red text is my pony talking

p.s: am i allowed to be an alicorn if not ill just be a pegisi

my character is the one on the right on my signature

Edited by little dashie

(Personally I don't think an alicorn would be realistic for this type of RP but it's Chaotix's decision)

Sumer Sunrise was growing slightly more embarrassed by the minute as she realized that she was attracting attention simply by being there. Haven't they seen new ponies before? "Oh, um, hi!" she said awkwardly to the blueish pony that was pointing her out to Easel. "My name is Summer Sunrise, and I'm new to this town!"

zena thought to her self "how odd a new pony,arriving at the same time as me maby we could be friends"

"hello my names zena,i hear you are new here too? im here as the new weather pony..." (talking to summer)

OOC: i guess il be a pegasi then

the cyan stands for inner thoughts :P

Edited by little dashie

(Personally Agree with Aureity, but its chaotix's decision, as always) (NOTE: I didn't ignore you, dashie, its just that Heart is distracted with Summer)

She immediately shaked hoof hard with Summer "Oh, Hay Summer! The name's Blue Heart! Nice to meet you!" Then she immediately pat her back hard many times. "Welcome to Colt's Crossing! It's always good to see new neighbor and friend! Say! Would you like to have-" She realized that she's patting Summer too strong almost as if she's punching, then she laughs nervously. "Oops... Uh... Did I hurt your back?"

Edited by Blue Heart

(Lol whoops sorry for late reply. /fell asleep

Also, if this really gets going and we get lots of locations, I could try my hand at a map.)

Easel nodded eagerly, leaning forward as Summer held up the map of town. "Alright, lessee... we're about here, so..." She prodded the scroll with her forehoof, then looked up and around as someone called her name. "Huh..? Oh, hiya Blue!" Easel laughed as the unicorn came dashing back towards them, amused. "Who, her? Uh... I actually don't know your name..." she grinned, letting the other introduce herself. "Summer Sunrise? Sounds great~" She winced slightly as Blue Heart began greeting the new pony rather... enthusiastically. "Easy there, Blue, you're gonna shake her hoof right off..." she murmured, tapping her friend on the shoulder.

Her ears flicked up as another small voice piped up, noticing the small pegasus standing a few feet away. Another new pony? She smiled, nodding her head. "I'm sure either one of us could help you, too~ In fact, why don't we have a tour!" she exclaimed, bouncing up and down, now having completely forgotten about her shop in the excitement. "Blue and I can show you all the coolest places in town, and then help you get settled and everything!"

"Sounds great!" said Summer eagerly. She was slightly overwhelmed by all the ponies talking to her, but she managed a quick "Hi!" to everypony. She shook Blue Heart's hoof as she adressed Zena. "Yeah, I'm new here, my name is Summer Sunrise, ya can call me summer. NIce ta meet you!" She winced a little as Blue Heart patted her on the back-the added pressure AND the bag almost made her knees give way. "And yeah, I'd love that," she said to the green pony.

(Lol easel never mentioned her name XD I can only refer to her as "the green pony" until Easel mentions what her name is :)

"urmm....well....ok...dokie...lokie.....but maby we could hurry possibly maby...if you dont mind the mayor said i need to meet her as soon as i arrived but i guess i could say i was..."she paused think of the right word "delayed,so i was thinking maby possibly we could be friends" she said caustiosly

(excuse my terible spelling :P )

Edited by little dashie

Wick finally arrived at the marketplace with a smile. He always had mixed feelings about the market place. On its busier days he tended to avoid it, but, it seemed to be nice enough today. Making his way over to his favorite stall he smiled to the owner. "Good morning, Miss... Can I have a cup of coffee?" He asked, smiling as he floated a bit from his bag onto the counter. The mare running the stand nodded and a few moments later pressed the dark, piping hot brew towards him. Sniffing it gently, his expression seemed to melt into a dopey smile. There were few thins he enjoyed more than the fragrance of dark coffee.

'Hm, perhaps a coffee flavored candle would sell well...' He mused to himself as he floated the cup up and took a gentle, cautious sip. It was still far too hot to be enjoyed properly, but, he had avoided burning his own tongue thankfully. "Thanks!" He called over his shoulder to the stall owner and hummed as he headed off to find some more of his ingredients. In fact, he was so wrapped up in his coffee and thoughts of his day, he didn't notice the group that had assembled nearby. Bumping into the side of a green earth pony, he yelped a bit in surprise as he stumbled, losing his focus on the coffee for a moment. His eyes went wide as he watched it fall, gulping before closing his eyes, his horn glowing brightly as he regained his telekinetic grip on the beverage. "Phew!" He exclaimed, breathing a bit heavy. Placing a hoof to his chest he smiled, this time putting the coffee upright in his bag to make sure this didn't happen again.

Looking up, the colt chuckled nervously, "Terribly sorry about that..." He muttered, noticing just who it was he'd bumped in to. "Oh... Easel, right?" He asked, hoping he'd remembered her name correctly. "Erm, didn't see you there... I was a bit wrapped up in... Well, coffee. Are you alright?" Another awkward laugh escaped his lips, and he sighed. Noticing the large group with them, he blinked, clearly curious as to the reason of the assembly. It wasn't every day you saw so many unfamiliar faces in Colt's Crossing.

(Hehe, Easel's so ahead of herself. |D She'll remember eventually, don't worry. And Dashie, maybe give your posts a quick once over before you send 'em in if you want the spelling to look neater. I can still read it fine, so it doesn't bother me very much.)

Easel rolled her eyes at the small pegasus's worrying. "Naaah, don't worry about the mayor. She might be fussy, but she can't possibly argue if you were gettin' acquainted with everypony~" she whinnied, shaking her head and nudging her reassuringly.

She flicked her tail happily when Summer accepted the offer, quite excited about the prospect of giving a tour. "Hurray! Oh gosh, you're all going to love it here. Best little town you'll ever see! We've got a marketplace and a bakery... " she began to ramble a bit, prancing back and forth on her hooves with glee, "..and there's even a--whoops!" She jumped forward a little in surprise as somepony bumped against her from behind, turning back with a wide eyed look. "Huh?"

Seeing the young unicorn colt standing there with his rescued drink, she gave a sheepish grin. "Oh,uh.. don't worry about it~ It was probably me, I'm bumping into ponies all over the place today, eheh..." she replied, looking mildly embarrassed, but perking up quickly again. "Yeah, I'm Easel~ You're, um..." she trailed off slightly, his name not quite coming to mind, "... you... run the candle shop, right? I don't think I ever got your name..."

Catching his curious look, she was quickly reminded of her excitement, stepping aside so the rest of the group could be seen. "Oh yeah, we've got some new ponies in town~ I was just gonna show them around. Maybe you'd like to join us?"

Wick blinked as he nodded. He'd half expected to get reprimanded for bumping into her and very nearly scalding her with his coffee, but, she was just being... Friendly. Shaking his head as he tried to stop thinking so much, he chuckled and nodded his head. "Yeah, that's my store." He said with a chuckle.

"My name's Candle Wick." He said, smiling a bit... Oddly. It was as though the expression was a tad foreign on his face, and he had to remember just how to achieve it. Sighing, he turned to leave before hearing her invitation. "Help show them around? Well... Sure, I guess. It's always nice to have a trot about town and..." He glanced down at his watch. He still had plenty of time until he needed to open the store. "Well, I've got some time to kill, so why not?" Nodding to the group behind Easel, he grinned. "Welcome to Colt's Crossing, everypony."

"Thankyou replied zena nice too meet you wick,summer and" she stopped trying to think "sorry I didn't get your name" zena said blank minded

P.S after 9:30 on school nights I'll switch to my iPod so no colors :P

(Just woke up from my after-school nap :3)

"And nice ta meet you, too," Summer replied to Candle Wick. Sheesh, what are the odds of bumping inta so many ponies in the first five minutes of arriving here? "And yeah," she said, smiling slightly as Zena made a comment. "I don't think you ever mentioned your name." She meant this for the green pony, but she really didn't have to resort to calling her "you" or "the green pony", that would be slightly awkward.

(Er... I think Wick actually just indirectly introduced Easel, though, he did mention her name, and she did say "I'm Easel~" |D;) Nevermind~

Easel tilted her head slightly, catching the subtle difference in his smile, though only lingering on it briefly as he agreed to join them. "Great then! We've got a whole party of ponies~" she giggled slightly, then paused at Zena's inquiry. "What...? Sweet Celestia, I haven't even introduced myself! Oh my gosh..." she reddened, dropping her ears comically. "But, uh, yes, like Wick said, my name's Easel." she smiled, shaking hooves with both Summer and Zena.

She glanced at everyone quickly, making a little check. "Well, I believe that's everypony acquainted then, right? Then let's start touring!" She started to trot off, motioning for everyone to come along. "We can begin by going right up into the center of town, which's where most of the action is, then we can help you all find your livin' spaces and such~" she went on as she led them up the street into the town square; a lovely wide open space filled with ponies and shops of every sort imaginable, all circled around a magnificent statue of an strong, kind looking stallion.

Stopping them beside the statue, she turned around and grinned. "Pretty impressive, isn't it all?"

Edited by Easel

Geneva trotted into the square, her cheeks rather red as she was used to warmer temperatures. She was unsure of what to expect, but the scenery seemed to have a certain... beauty... to it. Geneva couldn't help but be curious as to the exotic knick-knacks littering the market stalls.

Edited by Geneva Mode

As he was walking through the cold weather, Electrobolt decided to stop for a second as he opened his saddlebag to look at his map. "Let's see..." he began. "If I'm not mistaken, the place should be a few more miles ahead..." He then folded the map and stuffed it back into his saddlebag as he continued towards Colts Crossing. After a few more minutes, he finally arrived at the entrance. "Well, here it is..." he whispered to himself. "Colts Crossing..." He slowly began to enter the new place, slightly feeling nervous. He had lived with his parents in Ponyville for all of his life, and this was his first step on his own, in an all new area.

As he slowly began to walk through the new place, he looked around seeing all the buildings and noticing the ponies walking by. Seeing as it was a nice and peaceful place, he started to feel less nervous and more calm. *Wow...* Electrobolt thought. *This place... It has a nice feel to it... I think I'm gonna like it here!* Soon a small smile appeared on his face as he continued to look around some more, eventually winding up at the town center.

It had been a week after Whiskey left Ponyville. He regretted leaving the welcoming town. But he believes it was for the best. Lyra and Bonbon's crazy antics, Berry's beautiful smile and alcohol tolerance, Vinyl's curiosity and Aquilinus' same old jokes. He's sure to miss them all.

But that's just how it goes.

Whiskey took out his map from his pocket and scans for any nearby town to set up shop. As he looked at the small marker where ponyville is printed, he couldn't remove the thoughts of what had happened during his stay there. Forcing his attention to other places, he landed his sight on a town called "Colts Crossing."

"Colt's crossing, eh? Let's check that place out."