Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Working on my OC - Astral Tide

AstralTide

Hey all, new to the forums. I'm working on my OC (from which I derive my forum name) and wanted some feedback and advice.

It's pretty barebones, but here goes:

Astral Tide is either a unicorn or an alicorn (I haven't decided yet; I'd prefer alicorn but I also don't want the character to be obnoxious or cheesy) who wanders the world to study magic in all its forms. He never stays in one place for too long, always moving on before overstaying his welcome. He's never met the Mane 6, though he's certainly heard of them. Once a student in Canterlot, he chafed at the organized structure of unicorn school and instead struck out on his own.

Before I decided on a name, he looked like this (via generalzoi's Pony Creator):

post-25966-0-32394300-1397600244_thumb.png

I didn't feel the color scheme matched his name, however, so I changed the colors to this:

post-25966-0-13486700-1397600297_thumb.png

The new colors are still a work in progress.

Finally, I haven't decided on a cutie mark, though I'd like it to be an amalgamation of stars and waves or a galaxy and waves, or something along those lines.

Thoughts? And thank you in advance for the feedback.

Edited by AstralTide
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Here's my first attempt at drawing Astral Tide (and my first attempt at pony art period :derp: ).

0421141139.jpg

The quality of the camera I used is suspect, but I should have a better copy up soon. :)

Edited by AstralTide