Same or just similar?

Tabe

Ok, first you watch this and listen to the music:

Then the first minute of this tune right here:

I don't know if this have been posted before but that sounds awfully similar to me...

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

All I know is that the cop has infinite swagger.

They do sound to be approximately the same though.

Edited by Tholos

And here Hasbro is sooooo frikin strict with Copyright n stuff. Taking down all the good fan videos. Then they just go ahead and grab some music from the internet and use it in their video? I sure hope Hasbro had permission to use it.

• Brohoof 3

I agree, Hasbro could be in a world or trouble if they didn't get permission or buy this track. Even if it's not copying or anything, I think it's too close to be safe from a net of law books. Someone should look into this.

I have mailed the guys at Vital EMD, the Youtube channel that the track was uploaded to and told them the situation. They can contact KDrew who made the song.

They decide what happens now.

• Brohoof 1

They do sound approximately the same. If Hasbro does not have the right to use this, something could possibly happen to MLP. I hope they do have the right...

I don't think anything bad would happen to the MLP brand as a result of this. Hasbro would just be forced to pay royalties for this song.

The one bad thing that I could see happening is Daniel Ingram losing his job. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what I think ' 

Daniel Ingram isnt too familiar with Dubstep, so he grabs a song and composes a new one based off of the one he grabbed. After the first minute, he tries to do the rest of the song by himself.

The songs are similar, but not EXACTLY the same. There are a few different notes between the two.

Its like making a MLP original character using a pony creator. It might have the same mane and tail style as one of the mane 6, but are different colors

first i must say i freaking love bullseye by kdrew and thought the same thing when i first watched the short

But yeah. Pretty weird. *shrug*