Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Everyone is close minded and or ignorant!

Oblivion

For me, ignorance just simply means "a lack of knowledge" and of course to me, it's just simply being unaware of something, hence the term "ignorance is bliss" I don't really throw the term around all that often, because it's kind of insulting to people.

Edited by The Crimson Cross

While a debate should be heated it should never go down the road of name calling and a debate that goes down that road isnt worth continuing you are better off finding someone else or simply politely ignoring the person if it is a group debate.it doesnt matter whos right or wrong if you stray to ad hominem which has nothing to do with the debate anyway

I admit my ignorance where it is due to the subject at hand and fine tune the ignorance down to the last branch. My teachers taught me that having an open mind was being to able to throw away your most cherished beliefs when a new or better idea comes along. Being unable to do so will never allow for true growth and potential. But combination of the two actually create an invisible barrier. It's often where people mistake fear and the unkown as bad, or evil, or negative and therefore create false beliefs about the given subject that creates the combination of ignorance and and close-mindedness.

As for guns. I completely admit my ignorance in that department being from Canada. However I believe true knowledge lets me say this: The only reason you need a gun and I don't is because you're the one creating and finding reason's to have one. THAT is actually what it means to live in fear, not conquer it. Can't be more basic and truthful then that.

Well, i'm not a native speaker in English, but i believe the word means to be unaware of a piece of knowledge. I think this also extends to people who readily dismissing knowledge and ignore facts and evidence, but i'm not sure.

• Brohoof 1

True that everything is dependent on your own intellect in this case, but I certainly agree. Being that I'm in the cream of the crop for an American kid with an astounding 110-115 IQ or so, I am greatly disappointed. The average should only be ten or fifteen points below this. It's more like 35. Meaning, our society has an average IQ of about 80? Yes. How many points above the mentally retarded line is this? ONLY TEN. America makes me feel like a genius. Because everyone else seems to be an idiot. That's why the Republican Party still exists today, am I right?

The only thing I consider ignorant is the government with this whole "gun control" thing, Taking guns from good people with make bad people any less of a threat. Ok lets say someone is trying to mug you and he has a well... crowbar and you're unarmed, you ether end up dead of beaten and stolen from.

Now lets put you in that same position but you're packin a glock when he takes that crowbar out BAM you keep all of your money and don't get the livin shit beat out of you.

It's called logic!

I'm not a bigot at all I accept all walks of life. I don't care if you're gay bi lesbian or transgender. Since I'm bisexual I shouldn't be bigot at all. I can be very ignorant at times about a lot of things

• Brohoof 2

No one knows everything, so people will be naturally ignorant of at least a few things. Still, I don't like when someone calls another person "ignorant" just because they have different views than them.

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 2

No one knows everything, so people will be naturally ignorant of at least a few things. Still, I don't like when someone calls another person "ignorant" just because they have different views then them.

I really like your point of view on that.

Edited by cookeiman001
  • Brohoof 1

I feel most peoples ignorance comes from their own personal bias. They can't stand being told they're wrong even if the opposing opinion is backed up with facts. It's like you can't have your own views on something without someone getting mad.