Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Review my fic, I'll review yours!

ZukoIsBestPony

(edited)

What is up pony people! So, i have written a fic and I'm pretty proud of it. But I'm also unsure about if it's any good. Take a look maybe?

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/188783/a-new-age

Also, if you give me a good review, I owe you one. I'll pop over to your channel and read and review a fic that you wrote.

Basic rule, if you want a review, you get what you give. If you leave a lengthy in depth review on my story, I will gladly return the favor. If you want to use this template that would be fine, but it's not required.

Template:

Name of Story: 

Grammar score out of 10 (1 is grammar that needs to be worked upon as basic principles such as capitalization and spelling is an issue, and 10 is impeccable)

Pros (list three pros)

Cons (list three cons)

Notes Section (how you can improve your fic, at the very least an elaboration of Pros and Cons section)

Enjoy your review!  Please help me out by looking at my story/ this story:

One more thing, if you don't have anything nice to say, than say what you need to. Don't sugar coat it for my benefit, I would like your honest opinin so I can learn and grow and I won't hold your words against you in any way. I Pinkie Pie Promise.

Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.

One more one more thing, if you don't have an account here but you still want to comment on my fic, just ask me to review your fic in the comments section and I will.

Edited by HarmoniousWhovian
  • Brohoof 2

I've actually contemplated starting an entire group dedicated to this very sort of thing here on the forums.  FimFic's already got such a group in the "Authors Helping Authors" group, and given the many writers here, I figured it'd be a good idea to have one of our own.  Just haven't gotten around to getting it set up yet.  Thanks for reminding me, and if I have the time I may take a look at your fic.  :)

I've actually contemplated starting an entire group dedicated to this very sort of thing here on the forums.  FimFic's already got such a group in the "Authors Helping Authors" group, and given the many writers here, I figured it'd be a good idea to have one of our own.  Just haven't gotten around to getting it set up yet.  Thanks for reminding me, and if I have the time I may take a look at your fic.  :)

No kidden? I was considering starting one too!

(edited)

No kidden? I was considering starting one too!

Very good, very good indeed!  Let's see now, what would be the best way to do this?  I figure to get a nice start that we should contact a number of the authors on these forums and ask if they'd like to participate in such a group.  Then, once we have a fair enough number, at least a dozen I'd say, we start a thread, describe the idea, and post links to this original group's stories, giving anyone else who decides to participate a wide variety of fics to select from.  Anyone else who joins in gets their fic(s) in the OP.  We can divide fics up into groups based on their particular genre to keep things organized, similar to the folder system in groups on FimFic.  Whaddya think?

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

Very good, very good indeed!  Let's see now, what would be the best way to do this?  I figure to get a nice start that we should contact a number of the authors on these forums and ask if they'd like to participate in such a group.  Then, once we have a fair enough number, at least a dozen I'd say, we start a thread, describe the idea, and post links to this original group's stories, giving anyone else who decides to participate a wide variety of fics to select from.  Anyone else who joins in gets their fic(s) in the OP.  We can divide fics up into groups based on their particular genre to keep things organized, similar to the folder system in groups on FimFic.  Whaddya think?

That sounds awesome! We should also have a standard for reviewing. Should we give reviewers a template showing them the certain things they have to say in the review, or should we just go with a more free 'get what you give' system?

That sounds awesome! We should also have a standard for reviewing. Should we give reviewers a template showing them the certain things they have to say in the review, or should we just go with a more free 'get what you give' system?

There's a template that the "Authors Helping Authors" group uses that I think is excellently organized.  It doesn't have to be a required standard, I think the 'get what you give' system would work just fine, but it would be a nice template to offer all the same for those who prefer to write lengthy and well-organized reviews.  I'll dig it up and post it in the OP whenever we create the group.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Batbrony, Also, we should add in basic safety rules. Say a kid wants to join and somepony else reviews his work and asks him to review a rated M fic. The kid should be able to opt out with out breaking the rules.

@@Batbrony,

Here's their template BTW

This template is brought to you on behalf of the group: Authors Helping Authors

Name of Story: Eg. Inky Jay's Awesome Adventure in Equestria
Grammar score out of 10 (1 is grammar that needs to be worked upon as basic principles such as capitalization and spelling is an issue, and 10 is impeccable):  Example. 8
Pros (list three pros)
Example: Its premise was a delightful spin on the Human in Equestria genre.
The OC is energetically developed.
It was hilarious.
Cons (list three cons)
Example: You have some issues with advanced grammar and capitalization
You tend to get wordy at times.
I thought Twilight was slightly out of character when she went crazy
Notes Section (how you can improve your fic, at the very least an elaboration of Pros and Cons section)
Example: I think you may want to try to give more reason for Twilight's descent into stress mode.  Possibly try to involve Inky Jay a little more.  I like how wordy you get, but sometimes a simple sentence shall suffice in certain situations, such as the romantic scene between Inky and Rainbow Dash.  As for the advanced grammar and capitalization, I would be happy to point them out in a private message and would recommend you to a proofreader for future reference.
Enjoy your review!  Please help me out by looking at my story/ this story: Example. Vren55 in Canterlot
Edited by HarmoniousWhovian
  • Brohoof 1

Loved this! If you could review the story in my sig, that'd be great. Haven't worked on it in a while, but I'm hoping to get the push soon! :D

I will participate in this is it ever comes to fruition. :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

Loved this! If you could review the story in my sig, that'd be great. Haven't worked on it in a while, but I'm hoping to get the push soon! :D

Will do, thank you for the review. :)

• Brohoof 1

@@Batbrony, Also, we should add in basic safety rules. Say a kid wants to join and somepony else reviews his work and asks him to review a rated M fic. The kid should be able to opt out with out breaking the rules.

@@Batbrony,

I will try in the next week to get a thread up.  Harmonious, if you'd like to start PMing authors around here you know of who might like something like this, go right ahead (I'll do the same when I get the chance).  PM me a list of any who are interested.  When we have enough, I'll set up the thread, most likely in Creative Resources, though I'll just have to run it by some of my mod friends to make sure that's where something like this group should go.  Also, seeing as there's a good chance that many members may be under 18, we might want to disallow any Mature rated fics altogether to avoid the group running into any trouble.  No clop fics or gore fics or anything of that nature, I figure.  Better safe than sorry.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@ 

@@Batbrony

I'd be interested in being a full time reviewer for this group you propose. I can also help set up the group if you need any help with that.  

Edited by Dovashy
  • Brohoof 1