Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mega Man Disharmony

CHAOS_FANTAZY

I know there's a possibility that some of you combination bronies/Mega Fans have already gotten your desired MM/FiM cross out of Mega Pony, who unfortunately beat us to the punch.  However, there is another game in development out there that promises much more content than was offered in said game.  Ladies and gentlemen...

img-2211607-1-2GtXV.jpg

Plotline

The events of our plotline take place between seasons 2 and 3 of FiM.  After being imprisoned in stone in his most recent bout, Discord reaches out to other worlds, searching for a being almost as mad as himself for help. Locating Dr. Wily in Mega Man's universe, he calls out to him, offering a promise of great power. Naturally, the mad scientist hastily constructs a portal to Equestria—an easy task, with his knowledge of science—and finds a way to free Discord from his prison. When the Mane Six rise up to defend their land from this chaotic duo, they find themselves no match for Wily's foreign technology. Not only are they defeated, but once they are, Discord uses his own powers to seal their spirits inside their precious Elements of Harmony—the power source for Dr. Wily's new machines. The duo is a success: Discord is free to spread as much chaos as he pleases, since nothing stands in his way, and Dr. Wily has new Robot Masters that are stronger than ever to destroy Mega Man. Wily returns to Monstropolis and unleashes his Robots, and—like he has so many times before—Mega Man sets out to stop them...

Notable Features

Unlike most Mega Man fangames, which are more like the NES games of old in terms of amount of content and appreciation for storyline, Mega Man Disharmony is attempting to deliver something similar to the more recent Mega Man games:  a retro-styled experience with the amount of content and attention to detail you would expect from a modern game.  Things worth looking forward to include:

> Not one, not three, but five playable characters

> A shop system more like Mega Man & Bass's, featuring core upgrades rather than consumeables

> Reappearance of the Buster Parts, not seen or used since Mega Man 8

> More dialogue and character interaction, including boss banter in the vein of Mega Man Powered Up, and a hub area visited between stages

> An Endless Attack Mode like that of Mega Man 9 and 10 (Hopefully the first fangame to feature one!), featuring three bonus bosses

Samples of Our Work

Unlike most other Mega Man fangames, which utilize preexisting elements, our head has decided to kick it up a notch and create new graphics for even the preexisting characters.  While this has led us to expend unnecessary time and energy, we are more than convinced the end result will be worth it.  Here is a sample of some of the work that has been done so far.  More will be available in the links below.

img-2211607-2-7ziE6.jpgimg-2211607-3-Stage-Select-and-Portraits

img-2211607-4-tumblr_mf7w6gdM1V1s0idbpo1

The Team So Far

Dameon R. Schnieder:  Founder of the Mega Man Disharmony project.  Primary sprite artist.  Wrote the base storyline of the game.

DarkBowser100:  Primary (Only) programmer.  Secondary sprite artist.

VirtualSonic43:  Secondary sprite artist.

CHAOS_FANTAZY:  Secondary sprite artist.  Primary story developer/scriptor.

DJKlzonez:  Former head of the "Megamare" project.  Music writer.

Xemogasa:  Music writer.

Lamda Bamda: Guest sprite artist (Helped sprite Dash).

FAQ

What do you need for this project?

As far as ideas go, Mega Man Disharmony is basically set.  What we're looking for now is a group of competent team players, to help get things done.  Right now, an experienced level designer is one of our top priorities (Level design is very important, especially in Mega Man, and we really only have one member attempting level design at the moment), but anything helps.  Programmers, sprite artists, musicians...even an enemy concept would help.

I am interested in helping this project.  Where can I reach the developers?

Despite the fact that it has not been recently updated, the Mega Man Disharmony Tumblr blog (Which also features a lot more graphical work) remains the best place to get in touch with the project head, Dameon Schnider.

I can't offer what you're looking for, but I'd still like to help.  What can I do?

In a nutshell:  tell someone who can.  It is worth noting that we are trying to avoid mass popularity and the front page of Equestria Daily—we feel we don't have enough content to show big-time places like that, and with Hasbro being as C&D-happy as they are, you can never be too careful.  However, if you know someone who could help the project and might be interested, tell them about us!

Can you feature [insert pony here] in the game?

I cannot disclose any information regarding the inclusion or exclusion of any pony, fanmade or canonical, at this time.

If you have any further questions, I shall answer them to the best of my ability.  With all the formalities out of the way...discuss.

Edited by CHAOS_FANTAZY