Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Derpy Sketch (My First Sketch)

----------------------

Hay mates, I finnaly sat down and drew up my first ever sketch, I know its bad, but for a beginner, how is it?

Posted Image

Hay mates, I finnaly sat down and drew up my first ever sketch, I know its bad, but for a beginner, how is it?

Posted Image

That was actually cool, very good first attempt! I think you sized some body parts differently, (Everypony does it, even me ;) )

The other posters took the words out of my mouth, overall quite good though! :)

Derpy's been workin out!

My day: It has been made xD

But anyways, nice first attempt! Kinda looks awkward, but hey, we all have to start somewhere, right? Without practice, you can't improve. So keep going at it! :)

I know I have had trouble with proportions too... but drawing lightly and using points of reference (point where a line begins and matching them to other line-beginning points) helps a lot. Other than that, great drawing for a first :D

Good job! If I had one word of advice, though: Never draw any of the outline without first scribbling it lightly to make sure it looks good compared to the rest. That way you can tinker with the proportions before making visible marks.

Keep at it! I'd love to see what you do next.

Yeah if you widen the hooves and maybe make the chest a little smller it will look more natural and like derpy. Other then that i like it! DITZY DOO. :3

Pretty good for a first try! Don't worry, we weren't all masters when we(artists) started! It takes time and dedication to build up skill, so don't worry that it doesn't look good yet... It will be better in time!