Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Alphabet Roleplay

Zyla Fae

Grabbing up some of the stray leaves and a couple of branches he had collected earlier, Astral started to make a small campfire.

Rubbing his hooves together, he motions for Blitz to come closer, "Thought I'd at least start a small fire... it's getting a little cold. Thanks for the bed and blanket. You're pretty handy with this survival stuff, huh?"

"Heh, yeah, I guess I do pretty well in a pinch... careful, now, don't want to set the tree or such on fire..." he warned as he gathered some stones to surround the fire with.

"What do you figure we'll eat here? Are there giant fruits at the treetop?" he then wondered, mouth drooling. He then snapped back to attention and brought the stones over to Astral, then surrounded the fire.

"You're feeling better now, I presume?"

(edited)

"I think so. My head's stopped pounding, but I'm still a little sore from the fall," he nodded, smiling while tending to the small fire.

"I didn't get a very good look around outside, though. It was pretty dark already and everything was still a blur. Maybe we should try and look around for something to eat? I'm thinking Moon'll be pretty hungry when he wakes up and if he's anything like me when I'm hungry, he'll be pretty grumpy as well," Astral chuckled.

"Fire's just about good, I think."

Edited by Lunatic Envy

"Ja, exploring a bit to find food sounds like a good idea," Blitz agreed, "Good to hear you're better, too, sure you don't want a bit more rest for the soreness?" he offered as he walked over to one of the giant blades of grass several paces from the hollow.

"I don't know about you, but I'm a bit leery of this grass... look slightly off-colour, not sure if it's a healthy culinary option..."

(edited)

Keeping quiet as not to wake Moon, Astral quietly stepped outside the hollow towards Blitz, "I'm feeling better. More hungry than sore, really," he smiled.

"Let's see... grass, grass and more grass. You said something about fruits before? I'm thinking that would be a lot more appetizing."

Arching his back, his gaze turned skyward towards the treetops, "Gotta be something we can eat around here..."

Edited by Lunatic Envy

Looking around at the hollow, Moon saw that his companions had lit a fire and left to go somewhere outside.

"Well," he said to himself "That's one way to manage to not have to go outside with them..."

It hadn't been too long since Moon fell asleep, a few minutes at most; he'd learned a while ago a way to take in most of his energy from sunlight and moonlight, instead of having to sleep as long as most ponies, "a special perk of his type of magic" his mother had called it.

Moon Shine walked over to a corner of the hollow with a tunnel extending from it. It was dark, but a small enough space that Moon's light could illuminate almost everything around him, "Hopefully there's something good in here..." he said to himself before heading in

Making his way from branch to branch, Astral flew through the tree canopy in search of something to eat. Something at least, more substantial than a grass salad.

"Hey Blitz! I think I found something up here! Looks like some... melons? They're kinda weird looking...," he remarked while attempting to free one from a large branch extending downward from the canopy.

Nary a mement passed before Blitz replied, "Awesome! Just toss 'em down, I'll... uh, wait, if they're giant, they'd crush me! How will we get them down without them splatting?" he shouted up to Astral worriedly as he craned his neck up. "And weird, looking, huh? Could ya cut out a piece and toss it down so I can see?"

"Okay! Let me try and get a piece off this thing..." Astral called back as he inspected the round, spiky yellow fruit. Prying at it with both his hooves, he managed to break off a small piece exposing the vibrant pink colored flesh within.

"Never seen anything like this before..." he said as he raised it to his nose to take a few quick sniffs. "Sure smells good, though."

"HEY BLITZ! LOOK OUT BELOW!" Astral bellowed, dropping the piece of fruit.

"Pink?" Blitz wondered as the piece fell, "I thought he said it was melonli- oh" he mused, concluding when the piece flipped over midair. He dashed quicky to where it was to fall, and, after spreading his wings to help, handily caught the fruit.

"Hmm... a bit brighter than a banana, consistency of a nectarine... I can't quite place that smell..." he pondered. "Well, wouldn't be likely for this to be poisonous..." he said as he nervously bit it.

He soon didn't regret it and the rest of the piece was eaten quickly. He had never tasted fruit this sweet before; candy, maybe, but not fruit.

Craning his neck up, he shouted upwards, "HEY, IT SHOULD BE GOOD! NOW HOW WILL WE GET IT DOWN?"

Quietly, Moon Shine walked along the tunnel, stopping when he saw lights illuminating the tunnel ahead of him.

Walking towards the light, Moon Shine saw a large cave opening, which the tunnel lead into, and there were huts, they were primitive looking, but they definitely looked pony-made.... Or at least, made by some sentient life-form...

Moon Shine started to gallop back towards his friends to tell him what he found

"Right, I think I can get this one... looks a little smaller than the others," Astral said to himself while gently rocking one of the spiky fruits free, bracing against the extended branch.

"I GOT IT... I'll be down in a sec," he called back to Blitz, clamping the fruit securely against his chest, slowly making his way down being mindful not to crash again.

"Ow ow ow ow ow..." he repeated, all the way down.

"SOMETHING HURTIN-oh, ouch..." Blitz shouted, then winced when Astral was close enough for the fruit's spiky exterior to be distinctive. "ERR... NEED any... help I can give?"

Hey, Moon, come check these out... Moon?" he called quizzically as he noted Moon not being where he rested earlier.

(edited)

"Too easy... eheh..." Astral winced as he let go of the fruit, falling into a soft mound of dirt with a heavy *thud*

Wiping some sweat off his brow, he sighed with relief and stretched out his wings.

"So what do you say we get this thing open? I'm starving... oh! And before I forget, we should probably save some for Moon too when he gets back, wherever he went off to," he smiled as he began to cut away at the fruit's spiky skin.

Edited by Lunatic Envy

"Uh, are you okay?" Blitz worried as Astral finished his descent. "I'll go find a leaf for a table, don't want to get the food too filthy... I'll go tidy your bed, too, you got a battering bringing that down..." he noted as he shuffled off to the hollow to prepare it, humming as he made it comfortable.

"Hey, I think I hear galloping, figure it's Moon?" he mused half to himself, half to Astral.

"Very hungry, that's all," Astral chuckled. "I suppose you're right though. You had something in mind for this thing? Cause I was just gonna cut it in half... somehow..." he said while waving his thoroughly prickled hooves about.

"You think so? I guess he must've overheard then. TIME TO EAT!"

"Well, hmm, I wish I brought Erebos..." he mused as he looked at the hard-to-open fruit. "Perhaps, if we get the fire big enough, we can cook it, that might make the spikes shrivel..."

Finished tidying the hollow, he looked again at the source of the galloping noise. "Ah, yes, it is Moon, coming fast... HEY, MOON!" He shouted, waving his hooves.

(edited)

"You've got to came see this!" Moon Shine shouted as he galloped towards his friends "There's a!... Umm.... I think there was something.... Umm..."

Moon Shine frowned as he looked into the distance

"I could have sworn I had something to tell you...  Anyway, what's that you have there?"

(I don't think I was fully awake when I typed the first letter... Oops...)

Edited by Esrevni Ma'i

"Zeh, something over there? Well, I guess that, whatever it is, it isn't dangerous, you look fine... anyhow, while you were gone, Astral got some fruit! Tidied up the den, too, you can lay down if you're still tired..." Blitz assured. "Of course, we're about to cook the fruit, unless you've got a better idea!"

"Ah... must not have been important..." Moon Shine muttered to himself  "Anyway, what type of fruit is it? And are you sure it's safe?"

Moon Shine looked over the spiky fruit, seeing if he could recognize it from his past experience

"I'm not sure we should eat it unless we have some way of knowing for sure... And it doesn't look like any fruit that I remember seeing in a book...."

"But so... hungry," Astral moaned rubbing his growling belly. After having spent the better part of an hour trying to get the strange looking fruit out of a tree without accidentally murdering somepony below, he was about ready to hit the hay, but not on an empty stomach...

Astral looked down at the fruit then back up at Moon, sighing dejectedly, "It smelled so good too... and Blitz, you had a piece... was it delicious? It was delicious, wasn't it?"

"Certainly so! I detected no abnormal chemicals that could put us at risk if we ate it, too, so no need to worry on that count." Blitz smiled. "And no surprise you wouldn't see it in a book, seems like this place has beings unlike any on Equestria... I, at least, have never seen any being, even smaller, similar to the bug I crashed into before. And do these leaves be familiar of appearance? Not to me..." he mused.

Delighted at Blitz's response, Astral shoved a chunk of the brightly colored fruit into his mouth and began chewing noisily.

"Tastes... AWESOME!" he exclaimed between bites, trying his best not to spew everywhere. After finishing off the piece in record time, he looked over at Moon, then back at Blitz, "So what do you guys make of this place?"

"Equestria and this place do seem pretty different... For instance, the clouds moving on their own, and the large plants and bugs and stuff." Moon Shine said while looking at the fruit.

"Though this fruit seems edible, and you seem to be enjoying it. Might take a little bite to try..."

Moon Shine sat next to his friends and ate a bit of the fruit.

"Frankly, I think this place is pretty great," Astral mouthed in between bites. "Look at this place, it's like a tropical vacation island! Aside from that giant bug, of course, but hey maybe it was hungry too? There's a ton of this stuff in the forest. Who knows what else is out there?"

Astral grinned as Moon took a tiny bite, "Pretty good, huh? We're already here, might as well make the best of it!"