planning Tales from beside the forge.

BurningEmber

Ok, This is my first ever role play type thing, so I'm going to be very shaky on what to to, any help ooc will be great, but no taking over the RP, tis mine after all! lol,

Rules (as they seem to be vital!)

No godmodding,

No mary/gary sues

Mild swearing is ok, but any of the big swears (F word, C word, etc) is a major no no! 

No text speak etc, I like to be able to read what's been typed!!!

Can't think of any other rules for now, but if I'm missing something please let me know! :)

So, I guess you'll want to know the plot?!

Burning Ember is an old loner of a pony living in the "Forge of Fire" in the mountains of Equestria, he is an extremely skilled crafter of armor and has finally (after months of co-ursing) agreed to talk to a writer who wants to write a book on his old adventures.

I am looking for ponies to be part of his stories, these won't be very long RPs, but a series of short ones, you can drop into one story and leave when another begins or adventure along side Ember for a few stories! Not really got any plans for how the RP will go, just see how it flows!

I apologies if this is a crappy sounding RP, as I said, all new to this and I think it sounds ok! ^_^

yay, new person! \o/ i would be glad to have you join, :) Sunburst looks like she'll be cheeky to Ember and Sugar will probably loose her sweets at some point if he has anything to say! XD

Well i kust created a new oc that ironically enough he works in a forge, he isnt a pony but he might work, meet Stronghammer the Mirror, i doubt his combat side ut ill try him out

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/stronghammer-the-mirror-r6805

He sounds cool, a Minotaur would be an interesting addition to a story :) can play with him and see how he flows with combat (if there is any!)

name: hivemind

species: changling

personality: fast learner, cautious

can i enter my oc?

not seen a changling out side of the wedding, sure, would love to see how one is! :D

Ok i apologies for quoting everyone, but I dunno how to tag XD

I seem to have quite a few lovely folks who want to join my short story RPs, but from getting people to join to actually starting the whole thing I'm at a minor loss, do I start a new topic as the actual story, or do I start it from here? (please no condescending or patronizing tones, I have never done anything remotely like this before! lol)

When does this start?

And whats theme for the first one?

Sorry mirrorwing, didn't spot ya post! 

Going for the idea that Ember leaves home and stumbles upon an adventure, not sure what it'll entail yet :)

This is the occ where we talk out of the rp, so u make another thread for it

brilliant, thanks pinkie :)

Ok, on that note, I think I'll start tonight, about 8 pm, gmt, not sure what that is for everyone else in the world, apologies if it's at an inconvenient time for other!

To tag someone, highlight part of their post. A box with a few options should come up, one of which is '@Mention'. Click that one. After doing so, something will appear in the box where you enter you post, which will become the tag when you make the post.

The RP thread should be started in the 'Roleplays' part of the Roleplay World, which you can find here. Above the list of topics, to the right, there should be a button called 'Start New Topic'. That's the one you want.

The topic you create there should be used for the roleplay itself. That's where we pretend to be our characters and act out the story. This topic should be used for OOC (Out of Character) discussion. This is where we discuss how the RP is going, and can be used for things such as suggesting where the story should go next, or resolving an issue that came up during the roleplay. However, if we want to just mention something brief and small OOC, it's usually better to just add it to your post in the roleplay topic in addition to you actual roleplaying. I'm pretty sure it's considered good practice for both topics to have a link to each other so it's easier for us to go back and forth if we have to.