Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what's mass

wowowowo

Next year I'm going to Christian school and at the administration they were talking about how you have to go to mass once a week so I was just wondering what it is

Its a church service where you eat Jesus and drink his blood. I went to a Catholic school. If your school is like mine was, there will also be some singing involved. Also praying and stuff.

• Brohoof 4

I got kicked out of Catholic school because i refused pretty much everything they toldvme to do. Ive got nothing against religion but ive questioned it sense i could talk and i first heard the story of noah. But to your orginal question as its been answered its a church gathering of prayer.

• Brohoof 3

So... Topic Creator RarityFTW, do you have much of an opinion on Catholicism/Christianity?

Because your topic is encouraging me to sign out of here and try to from an informed opinion of it myself.

• Brohoof 1

So... Topic Creator RarityFTW, do you have much of an opinion on Catholicism/Christianity?

Because your topic is encouraging me to sign out of here and try to from an informed opinion of it myself.

not really dont mind what religion people are unless they shove thier religions down my throat and say my beliefs are wrong. also make that thread it seems like an interesting idea

Mass is the property of matter that causes it to have weight and to take up volume... oh, wrong "mass", sorry!

• Brohoof 5

Mass is the term Catholics use for church services, so what they mean when they say you to attend mass once a week is that you have to go to attend a church service once a week. I was raised Catholic myself so in my family this was used interchangeably with "going to church" or whatever. While we are still on the subject another Catholic term is Catechism which is basically kind of like Sunday school except it dosen't always take place on a Sunday, Catechism often ends with Confirmation which is where someone is fully accepted into the church as an "adult" member.Some protestant denominations might use the term "mass" but the only one I can think of that might are the Lutherans because they are one of the closest in terms of theology to the Catholic church. I am pretty sure that a lot of Eastern Orthodox Christians use that term as well.

• Brohoof 1