Swoop

Since so many people have been sketching both cannon and OC characters as of late, I thought I might as well give it a shot.

I found that wings can be a real pain to draw, and I havent gotten round to drawing the eyes on this sketch yet, but here's the results so far.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I need to make the front left forelimb a little bit thicker, and finish off the eyes. If I do another sketch, i'll probably draw that one from a front on view.

Any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Swoop

Since so many people have been sketching both cannon and OC characters as of late, I thought I might as well give it a shot.

I found that wings can be a real pain to draw, and I havent gotten round to drawing the eyes on this sketch yet, but here's the results so far.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I need to make the front left forelimb a little bit thicker, and finish off the eyes. If I do another sketch, i'll probably draw that one from a front on view.

Any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Woah, that looks awesome! The only problem I see with it is the tail seems to be... i dunno the end of it seems to not fit the character, it looks sorta mop like :

But overall this is awesome! :wub:

(edited)

Woah, that looks awesome! The only problem I see with it is the tail seems to be... i dunno the end of it seems to not fit the character, it looks sorta mop like :

But overall this is awesome! :wub:

Thanks, I agree with you about the tail, it defiantly needs to be layered a bit more. It's looking a bit too much like Fluttershy's tail.

Edited by Swoop

That looks amazing! I especially like the shading you did on it - it adds a lot of depth. The tail looks a bit big for the rest of the body, but it doesn't really take away from the picture. Just something I noticed.

Wonderful job, hoping to see more!

Dang, That looks really good. Great job I like it.

That looks amazing! I especially like the shading you did on it - it adds a lot of depth. The tail looks a bit big for the rest of the body, but it doesn't really take away from the picture. Just something I noticed.

Wonderful job, hoping to see more!

Thank-you! The tail definitely seems to be the odd feature out. I'll see if I can redraw the trail in a similar style to the mane, and shorten it a bit too to make it appear more proportional.

Edited by Swoop