Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Dark Tournament III

Literally Snails

@@Literally Snails,

Trench looked into Havoc's good eye. He didn't want to kill him. He didn't see a point to. But he didn't understand who Havoc must feel. If he never was able to get revenge for his parents or village he would wouldn't be able to go on living. But he still didn't see a point for Havoc to die. So he held out a hoof to him. But his eyes showed no pity, but understanding. "What if I help you get your revenge, thin will you find a reason to live?"

"I can't be helped and you've made your choice," Havoc said cryptically, "You'll understand later when he does the same to you. He's an expert on finding fates worse than death."

Juri completed her countdown, "NINE AND TEN!" She held one of Trench's hooves up for the crowd to see. "The winner by ring out is Trench Club!"

"Here's to a successful bet," Grant said to himself before taking a drink of scotch.

Tempest watched the fight as an amused smirk spread across his muzzle. "Well, that was interesting." He thought to himself. "It seems that I'll have to keep him at a distance if I end up fighting him. Not that I don't mind some swordplay." The bat pony then glanced at Kiwi. "I could go for a drink. Care to join me?"

@@Literally Snails,

The sudden lifting of his hoof made him loose balance a little without his prosthetic leg. He leaned lightly on Juri to get his balance back. But he still didn't look away from Havoc. "Death is my only fate. But I and Death himself are the only ones who have the right to deal me that fate." He gets off Juri  and limp down to Havoc and reached into his bag to bring out a needle with a vile of medicine in it. "This will help with the pain." He sticked it in the shoulder he stabbed. Then she slowly pulled out his dagger and sheathed it. "You'll still be able to use that arm. But not for a while." He  stumbles back over to Juri and picked up his club. 

He looked at her with a kind smile. "Could you tell someone to find my leg while I go rest? The fight took a lot out of me and I don't think I'll be able to get around with just three legs for long." He starts stumbling away, grabbing his duster as he made his way to the infirmary.

@@Literally Snails,Akane moved away from the area and retreated back to her master to whom she told what she saw. It was interesting to know that she wasn't the only one being fixed upon. At least she had heard of another fight being rigged and this would be interesting. She would have time to adapt... but nonetheless she would have to find this crimson guy and see what she can find out about him.

@, She looked around in the arena and beyond looking for this guy who went by the name crimson. He was a unicorn with a cloak and a hat and it wouldn't be too hard to notice.

@@Literally Snails,

The sudden lifting of his hoof made him loose balance a little without his prosthetic leg. He leaned lightly on Juri to get his balance back. But he still didn't look away from Havoc. "Death is my only fate. But I and Death himself are the only ones who have the right to deal me that fate." He gets off Juri  and limp down to Havoc and reached into his bag to bring out a needle with a vile of medicine in it. "This will help with the pain." He sticked it in the shoulder he stabbed. Then she slowly pulled out his dagger and sheathed it. "You'll still be able to use that arm. But not for a while." He  stumbles back over to Juri and picked up his club. 

He looked at her with a kind smile. "Could you tell someone to find my leg while I go rest? The fight took a lot out of me and I don't think I'll be able to get around with just three legs for long." He starts stumbling away, grabbing his duster as he made his way to the infirmary.

Displaying his endurance, Havoc stood himself up after a few more moments of recuperation. "Perhaps not for long," he lamented before exiting the arena himself.

"Now that's the kind of senseless beatings we came here for, people!" Topaz said happily, "We can only hope for half that entertainment from this next fight and with this match up, we have a pretty good chance!"

@@@dusk shade

"Prince Godric and Mirror Quake, report to the arena floor."

@@Literally Snails,Akane moved away from the area and retreated back to her master to whom she told what she saw. It was interesting to know that she wasn't the only one being fixed upon. At least she had heard of another fight being rigged and this would be interesting. She would have time to adapt... but nonetheless she would have to find this crimson guy and see what she can find out about him.

@, She looked around in the arena and beyond looking for this guy who went by the name crimson. He was a unicorn with a cloak and a hat and it wouldn't be too hard to notice.

(Me and RAGE are trying to do something that requires privacy. Both of you will understand later. I'm sorry.)

Instead of finding Crimson, Selune randomly came upon Grant in a lesser traveled section of the stadium. Grant was not entirely alone, the robot Gatasubal was with him.

Edited by Literally Snails

Tempest watched the fight as an amused smirk spread across his muzzle. "Well, that was interesting." He thought to himself. "It seems that I'll have to keep him at a distance if I end up fighting him. Not that I don't mind some swordplay." The bat pony then glanced at Kiwi. "I could go for a drink. Care to join me?"

Kiwi suddenly lunged at Tempest and embraced him in her strong forelegs. "Now yer speakin' my language. A drink before a fight, always a might better than drinkin' afta! Won't even have to move a step. I'm a mobile pub! Just name yer poison."

She agilely slipped back and removed her saddle bag causing the sound of rattling bottles.

Godric walked back to the arena his sword ready to slice his opponent in two. "Do not worry your pathetic little minds... I asure you that I will finish this up quickly, you equine filth", he said to all in attendance. He stood in complete silence awaiting any banter from his opponent.

Edited by Dusk Shade

@@Literally Snails, ((OOC:KK *boils himself in rage*)) Selune looked at Grant and the mechanical construction. She knew the name but had a hard time remembering it. Not like it mattered to her... She had more important things to worry about than the robot. It was safety of the organizers after all. Now that she thought about it though...

"Why would anyone need a robot bodyguard? All the able-bodied ponies out there not interested in the position or what?? No more applicants to face the mob rage?"

@@Literally Snails, ((OOC:KK *boils himself in rage*)) Selune looked at Grant and the mechanical construction. She knew the name but had a hard time remembering it. Not like it mattered to her... She had more important things to worry about than the robot. It was safety of the organizers after all. Now that she thought about it though...

"Why would anyone need a robot bodyguard? All the able-bodied ponies out there not interested in the position or what?? No more applicants to face the mob rage?"

"Simple. I am capable of more than any org-" Gatasubal began to say before he was interrupted.

"No need to answer her question, Gatasubal," Grant commanded,"I believe it was rhetorical." Grant turned to Selune and said, "Though, as someone who was here last year, you should know the answer to your own question all too well. Having an Organic in charge of security brought about... complications."

"Simple. I am capable of more than any org-" Gatasubal began to say before he was interrupted.

"No need to answer her question, Gatasubal," Grant commanded,"I believe it was rhetorical." Grant turned to Selune and said, "Though, as someone who was here last year, you should know the answer to your own question all too well. Having an Organic in charge of security brought about... complications."

"Would i? I hardly remember..." she says as she proceeds to humourosly rub her chin while pretending to remember. Shaking the shiver of her head she continued with a smile.

"There is a hole in every system and everyone who tries enough might find one. To be honest the perfect guard for me would be a deaf and mute guy. Why? Because he/she has lesd senses he can be intimidated by... Then again if you wish you could always use a magical oath. A Geiss. Ever heard of that?"

Tempest smirked slightly and couldn't help but laugh a bit. "If you have any blood wine, I think I'll have a bottle." He said, not want to get to drunk before his fight. Of course, his system would get rid of it faster, but it would affect his abilities for a bit. The bat pony then smirked slightly and figured that a little drink couldn't hurt.

Crimson's eyes widened, not quite believing just what he was seeing. "Rune!? Your alive!! But..how?! I saw you die!! Your not a clone, are you?" He asked, ignoring the child-like stallions insult. "You don't have room to talk, your here too, you know. Contestant or not...but the question is, why?" Asked the skeptical pirate.

"Would i? I hardly remember..." she says as she proceeds to humourosly rub her chin while pretending to remember. Shaking the shiver of her head she continued with a smile.

"There is a hole in every system and everyone who tries enough might find one. To be honest the perfect guard for me would be a deaf and mute guy. Why? Because he/she has lesd senses he can be intimidated by... Then again if you wish you could always use a magical oath. A Geiss. Ever heard of that?"

"No I can't say I have," Grant said with minimal interest. "But that sounds like the benefit lies in removing the emotional element. Something ever present in a machine."

He looked at Gatasubal and saw an opportunity to brag. "Rail commissioned the engineers who created him, but he was designed by a brilliant scientist named Dr. Ichigaki. Deceased, of course, as all who worked on him now are. His name means spectral steel beast. I find him to perfectly match my style. But back to the topic you spoke of, He can't be intimidated by his senses, can't grow tired, can't disobey, and practically can't be destroyed. I hardly see the validity of your criticisms."

Crimson's eyes widened, not quite believing just what he was seeing. "Rune!? Your alive!! But..how?! I saw you die!! Your not a clone, are you?" He asked, ignoring the child-like stallions insult. "You don't have room to talk, your here too, you know. Contestant or not...but the question is, why?" Asked the skeptical pirate.

"Don't be silly, Crimson," Rune said, balancing on his front two hooves like he often did, "I'm not here and I'm certainly not alive! He killed me, Crimson, and it was your fault." He returned to standing on four hooves. "It hurt a lot, you know. It hurt when he tortured me, but it's okay because I deserved it. And you deserve it too. That's why it'll be okay when he does it to you."

Edited by Literally Snails

Walking out into the arena, the monstrous earth pony looked at the crowd. "Pathetic, all of them, not worthy of my wish, but first the few that are worth it, I will kill all who stand in my way. Equality is the final goal of my fight, and I will kill time earn it. For my friend, I will win." As the light shines off his crystalline body, he stares at the arrogant prince. "hah, a prince stands in my path, the pony destined to aid in the end if the reign of princes and princesses, thus might be fun." Pulling a hammer from a sheath, he looks dead at his opponent, and bows his head in respect, "let's see his much of and advantage you have over an earth bound creature, shall we?"

@@Literally Snails,"More and more the tale of his... i can call it a "he" if i want to right? Anyways the tale of his creation really reminds me of a certain crown that drove illegitimate kings mad." she pondered while "admiring" the mechanical construction. After a little while she continued.

"I am not making criticism here. My point is you can never be too sure... there is no 100% chance of victory... no 100% safety, no invincible robot. I am guessing he will receive some upgrades in due time. But enough of that... Got any suggestions on how to impress to crowd?"

Edited by NioniosTheRenegade

@@Literally Snails,"More and more the tale of his... i can call it a "he" if i want to right? Anyways the tale of his creation really reminds me of a certain crown that drove illegitimate kings mad." she pondered while "admiring" the mechanical construction. After a little while she continued.

"I am not making criticism here. My point is you can never be too sure... there is no 100% chance of victory... no 100% safety, no invincible robot. I am guessing he will receive some upgrades in due time. But enough of that... Got any suggestions on how to impress to crowd?"

"My, but you've already been given what you need to win," Grant said smugly. "A victory against Crimson would be entertaining enough, but in truth, the crowd would prefer to never see him here again. If you want to be truly beloved by the audience, you must do what two tournaments haven't done. You will have to kill Crimson Grinn."

@@dusk shade,@,

"Now here's a match with no indication of the victor!" Topaz joyfully announced, "The betting poles are split fifty fifty! Advantage: Nopony!"

Juri stepped out from between the two fighters and raised her right front leg. "Second match of the second round: Mirror Quake versus Prince Godric! BEGIN!" 

Swinging the massive hammer overhead, Mirror Quake hits the ground of the arena, smashing a chunk free. "My might will not be questioned, this arena is made from an almost unbreakable stone, eat this you damned bird." Kicking it up in the air, he bucks it at Fisticuffs.

Tempest smirked slightly and couldn't help but laugh a bit. "If you have any blood wine, I think I'll have a bottle." He said, not want to get to drunk before his fight. Of course, his system would get rid of it faster, but it would affect his abilities for a bit. The bat pony then smirked slightly and figured that a little drink couldn't hurt.

"Posh, you're a cheap date, aren't ya?" Kiwi remarked jokingly. She reached into her bag and pulled out the only wine she had, a low quality red wine. She didn't like wine very much at all. She put the drink in her muzzle and started to pour it into a small glass. She finished, put down the wine, and asked, "What were you and that chap Frey talking about the other night?"

@@Literally Snails"If the unfortunate, at least for me it is unfortunate, i have a much more grand spell to practice. Let's just say what shall remain of him shall be like a black and red atom model. Free to be my plaything. I'd really rather not kill my plaything. It would ruin my playstyle ya know? But back to the important stuff... how do you know if i have received anything to help beat Crimson? I mean... does every staff member know?" 

@@Literally Snails"If the unfortunate, at least for me it is unfortunate, i have a much more grand spell to practice. Let's just say what shall remain of him shall be like a black and red atom model. Free to be my plaything. I'd really rather not kill my plaything. It would ruin my playstyle ya know? But back to the important stuff... how do you know if i have received anything to help beat Crimson? I mean... does every staff member know?"

"Of course not, Selune. Only I know," said Grant, "Don't worry, receiving outside help is perfectly legal. I have the upmost confidence in you, Selune, but I do have a question for you. This isn't your first tournament here, correct? What do you want to win? What is your wish?"

@@Literally Snails,Selune's face became a bit more serious. She looked left, then right. "The continuation of this tournament is unavoidable... that much i can see myself. Dismantling it would be an honorable cause some of my friends might be inclined to seek but... i am not them. I see that this tournament is what it is... a tournament. I wish it stays that way... and i will personally eliminate anyone who seeks to use it as something else. As for me? Well... have you heard of Shar Darkeye? I will assume not... she is a part of me. Yes... i am bipolar... she often comes out and rips the hearts and... "5th legs" of unfortunate stallions if they so much as touch a mare in a wrong way. She almost got me in prison... i wish to rid myself from her... permanently."

@@Literally Snails,Selune's face became a bit more serious. She looked left, then right. "The continuation of this tournament is unavoidable... that much i can see myself. Dismantling it would be an honorable cause some of my friends might be inclined to seek but... i am not them. I see that this tournament is what it is... a tournament. I wish it stays that way... and i will personally eliminate anyone who seeks to use it as something else. As for me? Well... have you heard of Shar Darkeye? I will assume not... she is a part of me. Yes... i am bipolar... she often comes out and rips the hearts and... "5th legs" of unfortunate stallions if they so much as touch a mare in a wrong way. She almost got me in prison... i wish to rid myself from her... permanently."

Gatasubal tried to rationalize what she had said. "Dissociative Personality Disorder: When encountered by a traumatic event or-"

Grant interrupted it again, "Once again, Gatasubal, your input is not needed."

Gatasubal immediately ceased talking and stood perfectly still.

@@Literally Snails, Selune smiled with bitterness as memories flooded her mind. "As always your robot shows the astute observation of a cold doctor. Had dozens of those... apparently Shar is somehow attached to my magic and not only to my mind. Must be the surge that called her forth." her face turned into a frown and she got mixed emotions while her body boiled. "Stupid immature little colts. "Let's tease the little black and red abomination! Let's scar her a bit..." needless to say when they took it down "that" way... things got ugly. So far Shar's kill count measures to... and i am not joking with this number... 69 unfortunate stallions. She prefers knives for some reason, go figure! Well let's just say it's a bit tiring to tame a wild bitch inside you telling you every friggin 10 seconds to go kill "that guy" because she looked another mare's ass. Whatcha think? Fair enough of a reason?"

"Nah. I just didn't know what you had." He said, giving a sly smirk. The bat pony then sighed as Kiwi asked her question. He debated on whether to tell her or not, and decided it would be easier to simply explain what had happened. "Apparently Grant is planning something. I don't know what it is, but I intend to find out." It wasn't a complete lie, but it was enough to give her a basic idea of what was happening.

• Brohoof 1

"No I can't say I have," Grant said with minimal interest. "But that sounds like the benefit lies in removing the emotional element. Something ever present in a machine."

He looked at Gatasubal and saw an opportunity to brag. "Rail commissioned the engineers who created him, but he was designed by a brilliant scientist named Dr. Ichigaki. Deceased, of course, as all who worked on him now are. His name means spectral steel beast. I find him to perfectly match my style. But back to the topic you spoke of, He can't be intimidated by his senses, can't grow tired, can't disobey, and practically can't be destroyed. I hardly see the validity of your criticisms."

"Don't be silly, Crimson," Rune said, balancing on his front two hooves like he often did, "I'm not here and I'm certainly not alive! He killed me, Crimson, and it was your fault." He returned to standing on four hooves. "It hurt a lot, you know. It hurt when he tortured me, but it's okay because I deserved it. And you deserve it too. That's why it'll be okay when he does it to you."

Crimson froze, his eyes widening again. After a moment, his look of shock turned into one of anger and denial. "What the fuck do you mean?! How could you possibly think that!? I cried when you died!! I tried to kill Rail for revenge!! For you! It's not my fault!!" He fumed, glaring daggers at the appearent spectre. Then his gaze softened to one of sadness and regret. "And you didn't deserve it...you were changing...you were getting better! You could've changed!! You could have been like me, you stupid son of a bitch!! How is anyones fault but Mason's!?" Asked the stallion, clearly distressed.