Am I the Only Person Who Still Uses AIM?

Itsy Bitsy Alex

I've been using AIM for quite a while now. I find it to be a lot easier to keep up with than Skype or Kik, or at least on the iPad version. But I feel so alone ;-; Am I the only one (on here anyway) who still uses AIM?

I still use AIM. I use Pidgin and I still login with my ICQ account. It still works.

ICQ, heh.

You probably are.

Now if you excuse me, i'm gonna go listen to music on my Walkman and play my TurboGrafx-16.

Your husky with the glasses makes it way funnier than it should have been.

I never used AIM but I think quite a number of persons use it, even though it's old.

• Brohoof 1

I still have it, but I've kinda stopped using it. AIM has essentially died out it's usefulness for me; just like the AOL email service.

Same goes for MSN...

These days, I stick with Yahoo & Skype. Both are serviceable IM clients.

Godz, I miss Trillian...

Sonic fan? I've got "Echidna" in mine as well. :)

You know it!

In fact, like I said when I introduced myself at the Welcoming Plaza, I was a Sonic fan long before I was a brony. My fan character, and my username just about everywhere else, has always been Samurai Echidna. But I made a pony version just before joining the brony community. Thus, Samurai Echidna became Samurai Equine. I kept the S.E. initials! :lol:

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

My first email account was AOL. Since it was a kids' account, AIM was disabled, or something. I lost a valuable user account because of that blasted email address's limitation...

Edited by Super80 Wolf

I stopped using it when I accidentally set the program to use the modern UI instead of the classic version, which generated these awful cartoon chat bubbles around each IM that wasted all the text space in the user interface.  I couldn't figure out how to undo the changes, and in typical windows fashion it remember the choice I wanted to undo upon uninstalling and re installing the program.  I just got fed up with it, and at that point I had access to the likes of Skype with voice capability so I just deleted the program and never looked back.