Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Fallout: End of the Road

Stone Cold Applejack

"Headin to Gold Star Cavern. Like we were before." I answered. "Seein as we got some new companions this should be more easier to fight." I paused. "But harder to sneak. That's the only down problem." I turned my attention back the rest of the group. "We need to go guys." With that being said I walked down the road. "Oh yeah the cave is out in the middle of that." I said pointing out into the wasteland.

"Well that makes things significantly harder... There will be no cover to stay out of sight of the snipers." Malt noted. "We may need to set up a distraction. Who was it that had the explosives, and can we detonate them remotely? I've got another plan." He said, chuckling softly.

"We could push rocks into for a makeshift cover. If we could manage that." Re drew lines, circles and x's in the sand. "We can aggro the snipers and the others will sneak around and take them out. With some of the new fire power we could make it successful."

Re set his pip buck to play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FGRkkD1YRU

Edited by MisterRe

"Well that makes things significantly harder... There will be no cover to stay out of sight of the snipers." Malt noted. "We may need to set up a distraction. Who was it that had the explosives, and can we detonate them remotely? I've got another plan." He said, chuckling softly.

Upon hearing the question Kilroy stood up and said "Me. That was me." Kilroy said raising a hoof. "I'm the one that blows shit up." he said with a smile. He opened the bag again "Got plenty of bombs to blow a sky light into that cave so no need to worry about running out. So what would you like me to do?"

Upon hearing the question Kilroy stood up and said "Me. That was me." Kilroy said raising a hoof. "I'm the one that blows shit up." he said with a smile. He opened the bag again "Got plenty of bombs to blow a sky light into that cave so no need to worry about running out. So what would you like me to do?"

"Perfect. I was thinking about setting off a little... Fireworks display to draw them over, and maybe set some frag mines on the way to the explosion, so when they go over to investigate..." Malt said. "Boom." He said, stomping in to the dust to illustrate his point. "Sound like a good plan?"

"We could push rocks into for a makeshift cover. If we could manage that." Re drew lines, circles and x's in the sand. "We can aggro the snipers and the others will sneak around and take them out. With some of the new fire power we could make it successful."

Re set his pip buck to play:

"Rocks would probably be near the cave so that would mean getting near the cave without bein spotted. And besides they'd probably notice a moving rock." I stared out into the wasteland towards where the cavern was. "Radscorpins and ants are all that's out there guys. Shouldn't be hard to cross to get to it."

"Perfect. I was thinking about setting off a little... Fireworks display to draw them over, and maybe set some frag mines on the way to the explosion, so when they go over to investigate..." Malt said. "Boom." He said, stomping in to the dust to illustrate his point. "Sound like a good plan?"

"Hang on." Kilroy looked through his saddle bags for something. "Yeah right here." he lifted up a frag mine then put it back. He lifted a bomb out of the bag and showed it to Malt. "And these will be the fireworks." Catalina took the bomb from his hoof. "Be careful with that Kilroy. Remember what happened last time?" He nodded. "Aw yeah. I'll be very careful this time."

Quick Strike had remained silent, watching the newcomers.  He had just gotten used to the current group, and wasn't so sure about these new ponies.  Then he heard Malt's plan.  "A couple of noisemakers should work real nice," he said, eyeing the bomb Kilroy was showing Malt.  "Hey, any chance y'all have a small spare one I could borrow?"

Soprano remembered his excess supply of paper and graphing tools. "If one of you can map out the area, I can copy it down so we can get the troop's positions, weapons, et cetera." he said. He didn't want to fight on the front lines, but instead strategise for the group.

Quick Strike had remained silent, watching the newcomers. He had just gotten used to the current group, and wasn't so sure about these new ponies. Then he heard Malt's plan. "A couple of noisemakers should work real nice," he said, eyeing the bomb Kilroy was showing Malt. "Hey, any chance y'all have a small spare one I could borrow?"

"Yeah but these are very dangerous." Kilroy said to Quick Strike. "Nearly blew my hind leg off with one." he lifted another bomb out of the bag and showed it to Strike. "I calls these things orbs because of how round they are. They're very deadly Quick Strike. You think you can handle it?"

Soprano remembered his excess supply of paper and graphing tools. "If one of you can map out the area, I can copy it down so we can get the troop's positions, weapons, et cetera." he said. He didn't want to fight on the front lines, but instead strategise for the group.

"Don't really know the cave all that well." said Switch walking up to Soprano. I walked towards Soprano. "There was a large part in the cave when I went. No doubt they'll be usin that to store weapons. Snipers like we said our on the top of the entrance. If Malt's plan works then hopefully we can go in there without any resistance."

"Which, by all accounts, it should work." Malt said. "Also, if we're going to set this up, we better do it quick, we're wasting moonlight sitting around here shooting the shit. Kilroy, Soprano, I want you two to set up the distraction slash trap. Catalina can come with me as the second medic. Is that acceptable?" He asked.

"By all means... Who should be the leader of this band of bandoliers? I mean two groups don't just merge together like this without proper set up. But, I agree whole-hearted with Malty. We should have a move on before sunrise." Re spoke with a childish disposition, smiling to avoid hostilites of the bruised colt.

"You think you can handle it?"

"Heck ya," Quick Strike replied, taking the orb from Kilroy.  "This should make for some fun, heh heh!"  He carefully placed it into his bag, and turned to listen to the others.  

"We should have a move on before sunrise."

"Sure thing!" he added to the discussion.  "Let's get over there and find the varmits, so we can take 'em out," he glanced at Star, "quiet-like."

STAR GAZE

"I'll lead." I declared. "No complaints. Now lets move." I walked off the road and into the wasteland. "Since we're out here keep your eyes sharp. Even though there's not as much mutant active at night you never know what might be out here."

KILROY

Kilroy walked with Quick into the wasteland. "Be careful with that bomb Quick. It's not the stablist of explosives."

"Ehh, I'd prefer not to get into combat." he said, sounding shameful. "Is there anything I can do that doesn't involve blowing someone's head off with a bullet." He wanted to try and avoid combat. He was weak, he was scared, and he was far better with strategy. (filler)

"Hence why I suggested you go and plant the explosives with Kilroy. No direct combat, you'll only be placing explosives. Just put the distraction charges down first, then put down frag mines, preferably under some sand so they don't stick out, and hide." Malt explained. "Once we give you the go-ahead, you detonate the charges, and then when the Gold Stars go to investigate, they'll find they will be missing a few limbs."

Soprano liked that idea. "Alright then." he said, slightly unsure. He was normally quite unsure of what to do, but that was just due to the anxious and paranoid nature of him. "When do we begin it?"

Soprano noticed a lot of flora, despite the radioactive fallout (mostly Caesium 137) killing it of.

I peeked over my shoulder. "When we get there Soprano. When else?" I looked at Catalina. "How much healin stuff you got?" I asked. "Enough to make it through this." She replied. "So how much would that be?" I asked. "I don't know." she replied. "Alright then." I backed down the line to Soprano. "You know what you're doin right?"

"Not really, no. I know how they work, but nothing on how to actually detonate them." he said, thinking of the workings of an atomic bomb. He twitched. He was concerned about if it was an atomic bomb. "Eh... what type of bomb is it exactly?" he asked. He did not want to have to deal with de-contamination again.

"Not really, no. I know how they work, but nothing on how to actually detonate them." he said, thinking of the workings of an atomic bomb. He twitched. He was concerned about if it was an atomic bomb. "Eh... what type of bomb is it exactly?" he asked. He did not want to have to deal with de-contamination again.

"It's...a land mine. Just calm down." I said. "And it doesn't need to be detonated. If a pony steps on it-" "Then they get blasted to high hell." Kilroy jumped beside me and cut me off. "Don't worry that thing won't go off. If you treat it right and don't abuse it. Anything else you want to know about that mine?"

"What type of explosive is in it? C4, gunpowder, et cetera?" he asked. He didn't actually need to know this; he was just fascinated by it. He always enjoyed to know all of the tiny details, even if they turned out to be completely useless to what they were doing.

"What type of explosive is in it? C4, gunpowder, et cetera?" he asked. He didn't actually need to know this; he was just fascinated by it. He always enjoyed to know all of the tiny details, even if they turned out to be completely useless to what they were doing.

Kilroy thought for a moment. "I don't really know. I usally make my own with some gunpowder and some C-4 but this one was an actual mine made by people." I moved up to Kilroy. "You specialize in explosives but you don't know what's in a mine?" Kilroy looked at Star Gaze. "You know what's in it?" he asked. I walked past them up to the Bonzo. Kilroy turned back to Soprano. "Anything else?" he asked.

"No, not really. I'm just curious, that's all." he said. "You know, you could always make a small bomb that dispenses isotopes if you want to poison them slowly." he said, trying not to imply to make an atomic bomb. "Not now, of course, but it's an idea."

He tried not to panic about setting up a bomb.

"Yeah, that'd take years. Soprano, We all have radiation medicine...." Re was irritated. " Or not at all. I say we use these explosives to cave in some of the internal structures. Though it might kill us, I am a firm believer that I can calculate points to cave in strategically. Say, when is the explosive delay on these mines?" Re held a hoof to offer to examine the unstable bomb.

"You guys have radiation medicine? I've never heard of it." he said, starting to get worried. He got his dosimeter out of his satchel. It read 0.2 µSv (1 µSv or higher is considered hazardous). "Well, my dosimeter is reading alright. What's the CPM, Re?" he said, remembering that Re had an actual geiger counter.

"Hey, Quick Strike interrupted, "y'all just gonna stand around talking about bombs, or we gonna go blow some'tin up with 'em?"  He pulled out his .357, spun the chamber around to make sure it was loaded, then dropped it back into his holster.  "So, which way ya wanna take up to them snipers?"