Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Fallout: End of the Road

Stone Cold Applejack

"Yeah, that'd take years. Soprano, We all have radiation medicine...." Re was irritated. " Or not at all. I say we use these explosives to cave in some of the internal structures. Though it might kill us, I am a firm believer that I can calculate points to cave in strategically. Say, when is the explosive delay on these mines?" Re held a hoof to offer to examine the unstable bomb.

"The time delay's 10 seconds." Kilroy said to Re. I gave Re one of the bombs. "I'm gonna need that bomb back. I dont really have a lot of em." As Kilroy gave Re the grenade he said. "Don't press this button the bomb wil go off and no tellin what it will do. So be careful with it."

"Hey, Quick Strike interrupted, "y'all just gonna stand around talking about bombs, or we gonna go blow some'tin up with 'em?" He pulled out his .357, spun the chamber around to make sure it was loaded, then dropped it back into his holster. "So, which way ya wanna take up to them snipers?"

KILROY

"Oh." I grabbed the bomb from Re's hoof and took Soprano. "Dig a hole and plant the mines. Then put dirt over. Don't dig to to deep."

STAR GAZE

"Quietly Strike." I answered. "We'll sneak our way to the cave." I said. "Unless Malt comes up with something else then that's the plan."

"Ten seconds, seems like a long delay. They could just set on it and walk forward get out of blast radius of the thing. Unless its like one of those kinds of bombs. Don't really have the parts but maybe if i gather the right ingredients I could make a mine launcher." Mister Re rubbed his chin in thought. "Maybe, just maybe."

Soprano did not like being pulled around, but he ignored it. "Alright then. Any spots in particular you need 'em?" he asked. He didn't want to put them randomly, making someone get injured, or killed. He looked at them. It had some writing engraved in them. Numbers.

Soprano did not like being pulled around, but he ignored it. "Alright then. Any spots in particular you need 'em?" he asked. He didn't want to put them randomly, making someone get injured, or killed. He looked at them. It had some writing engraved in them. Numbers.

"Uh..form a circle with em." Kilroy said to Soprano. "Make it a wide circle. Then put some mores mine in the middle. Oh and leave an opening to. Don't wanna step on one of these do you?" Kilroy finished the hole and placed a mine in it. He then covered it with. "Oh and to place em do what I just did."

"Sure. Glad to help." he said. He didn't actually know why they were trying to kill these ponies. He wasn't paying attention during the briefing, but he didn't want to sound like he was on the 'enemies' side. He started to dig the holes to plant the mines, as briefed.

"All right," Quick Strike said to Star, "Ya lead the way, I'll be rite behind ya."  After a final check of his revolver and shotgun, he pulled out the borrowed knife, and ran a hoof along the blade.  Satisfied, he gripped it in his teeth, and moved up, ready to move into the cave...

Malt levitated his medical supplies out of his saddlebags, made sure they were all suitable and said "I'm ready when you are. Lead the way Star." He replaced all but one bag of healing powder in to his saddlebags, ready to administer it should the need arise. "Remember, no guns unless absolutely necessary."

Re took a glare at the busy work everyone was doing, he felt useless at this time like he did in the vault. His pip buck didn't show anything off, just the remaining markers were his friends. Except maybe the zebras. "There is still nothing. You guys almost finished?"

• 2 weeks later...

"... I think so, i'm not sure." he said, being overly-cautious of the ticking time bombs under his hooves. "How many do we have to place down? We've put down at least 10 already." 

He put down another land mine, before hearing one go off in the distance, around 20 metres away.

(edited)

Kilroy looked up at the explosion before tenseing back. "Guess that one was a bad ond." he said to Soprano. "I think we'll need to plant a little. more. I'll let you know when we're done. Shouldn't be much longer." I was leaning against a rock waiting for the ponies to get done. "Hurry up you two." I said to Kilroy and Soprano.

Edited by Red Sage