Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff The Silk Road

Jeric

x_LqAjP7nOylb9hkNhbJEdBlKu7J8K0emudtFHIzmBE.webp

I am Rarity and you, dear reader, are AJ. Deal with it, you ARE the new Applejack!

I have always said that this Community is smart as all get out. You notice things. You notice changes. There have been a lot of changes of late. Back in November I had a discussion with a certain magical mare who was interested in lending a hoof in bringing some mirth and joy to the community. 2020-2022 were rather exhausting times for many staffers and several in the community. I will admit that we lost a little bit of that typical bounce in our step. I dusted myself off and went on a mission to bring on new Event staff. One individual sent me a PM, but it wasn't a normal PM. It was a video message. In all the years I have worked here, nobody had that level of confidence and trust to break that veil. I was intrigued. We chatted on Discord. This individual felt like a breath of fresh air, and was actually rejuvenating. Her enthusiasm and joy were infectious. I snatched her up quick and she made a big impact almost from go, even while she was tending to the stress of her soon to be special somepony. 

@Princess Silky has been a boon for Events and for the Forum as a whole. In our discussions I realized the depth of love for this place came for a place of authenticity, and her soft touch to those she meets fits my own view of community stewardship. It wasn't just my eye she caught. She managed to impress many, including the very founder of this organization. Driven by the potential of not just MLPF, but many of the other services of Poniverse, she found herself just as energized as the the staff who worked with her. She is meant for bigger things. She is exactly what Poniverse needs, what these forums need. Many of you have had interactions with her and can agree that she is definitely one of the most friendly, approachable, and charismatic members here. 

I asked her for the opportunity to type this up, introducing her as the Head of Poniverse Public Relations. I put my full faith in her. I ask that you do as well. Silky will be tasked with helping to ensure a friendlier, more active, and more engaging experience in all the Poniverse sites, including here. Her elevation to help overseeing and promoting all levels within Poniverse should not be a shock to anyone who has discussed ideas with her. She will be working hoof and hoof with her colleagues in Administration, various departments in the Forums and beyond, for the sake of making this site a greater place to relax, meet friends, hang out, play games, and talk about ponies. You will see her around. If you have any concerns or ideas, her stable is always open. 

On a personal note, I am thankful to have met her, and start to call her a friend. You got this. 

• Brohoof 20

Oh my gosh, I get so emotional reading these humbling things. It's an absolute honor to work with the team and such a wonderful community. :rarity:

• Brohoof 14

I saw this coming for a long time. You'll do great. I've had your back for all this time, and that will be one thing that doesn't change. You are one of the most important people I have met in my life, and I do not say that lightly. To see you, in such a role, is only fitting. Your guidance and patience with me has been a virtue. One that I will never forget. @Princess Silky

• Brohoof 6

I can't think of a better person than You taking such a role in the community, darling. Honestly, I am overjoyed, proud, happy and even I teared up a little seeing this introduction to Your new role :(

Sincerely, congratulations <3 

• Brohoof 5

Oh my gosh, Congratulations!

Since Ive met her on this forums Ive always felt her deep love for this community, her authenticity, her believe and of course her energy she has. Ive seen how she's involved with users, how she befriends and how she helps them to grow. I know with her mlpforums will grow and stay that an awesome, positive and lovely place. 

I agree with the others, there is no better suited person for this job than this lovely!

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Sir Hugsalot said:

I can't think of a better person than You taking such a role in the community 

seconded :3

congrats Silky! you've been a great part of the community this while - no-one  has more sweetness combined with can-do enthusiasm for getting ponies to get along than you. Can't wait to see what you cook up in the new role :pinkie:

• Brohoof 3

There's no one better for the job, Silky. Your disposition and aptitude for community engagement is something I haven't seen for a long time, and I truly look forward to working with you and seeing what the future brings. Onwards and upwards! ;)

• Brohoof 5

I've only befriended you recently, @Princess Silky, but based on our limited interactions I've no doubt you'll help make our community a better place. Please lean on any of us, old and new, that you may need to, we'll do all that we can to support you and your efforts for Poniverse!

• Brohoof 3

SILKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kindness::coco:

I'm so happy to hear that you're now an admin, I want to congratulate you and wish you well on the adminship, if that's a word at all.

• Brohoof 4

12 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

YEEHAW! :mlp_yeehaa: AWW YEAH :ph3ar: It's so great to have you with us @Princess Silky! :D 

To better express how awesome these news are, I literally just spent like 4 hours making this: :ButtercupLaugh:

Usually these make me laugh so much but this one made me want to laugh, cry and just hug everyone. The memories and the humor you guys provide are timeless and I'm looking forward to so much more of it. 

Everyone else here -- big hug to you!! There's a lot I'd like to say but I literally have to catch a flight in a matter of hours D: 
Stay awesome, everyone! *does a chocolate milk cheers with @Rikifive

• Brohoof 2

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! It's sooooooooooo amazing! I can't believe it! Wait! It's not true! I totally believe it! Princess Silky has been there for me when I most needed it! She is the best friend a unicorn like me could wish for! She deserve this promotion more than anypony! :mlp_icwudt:

May the magic be with you, @Princess Silky;)

• Brohoof 1