Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open To justify the means ( IC RP)

Vae Victis

@,

"Your troop is as adorable as it is worthless," Mason said to Alrahm. Each of the Yokai aside from Snowstorm and Kiero were in the train and ready to depart. "Your little army will be as useless as the last three, but you already know that, don't you? I'd say recent events have proven that your kind isn't fit to handle this war. I have an army of hardened demons gathering in the Everfree Forest. You had might as well tell these toy soldiers to go home. They'll do more harm than good."

True to his word, Samurai stays outside and keeps watch until the conductor of the train gives his final call and the horn signalling departure is blown.

At the last second, Samurai hops on the caboose just as the train is departing.

It takes a bit of traveling through the cars to find his new team. They probably have a private car all to their own. "I'm here. Sorry for the wait."
Samurai finds place to sit, and before his butt can hit the floor, an elegant pillow is placed down for him to sit on.
"Hmm?!" Turning, Samurai sees 4 Kurokos bowing their veiled heads. To that, Samurai is overjoyed. "You choose to stay! Thank you..."

The Kurokos try give him the best seat in the car, though they don't have an assortment of decorations to work with like before.

Once they are done, they disappear into the darkness.

"All right then... Since this might be a long trip, I figure it's best to know more about what we're facing. Alrahm, and the rest, you all seem to know something I don't. Something about a religion? I didn't pay attention before because I didn't think it was necessary. But now those foul monsters have shown themselves, and it seems like everything is connected. What do I need to know?" Samurai asks.

Edited by Samurai Equine

@literally snails

Syuren spoke up in light of that. After all, that Pegasus was from his unit.

____

Syuren:

" ya know, you really shouldn't talk mason. Makes ya sound stupid. At least our guys are here, and not foolin' around with their pricks in a forest waiting for a raggedy Ann leader to tell 'em to pull their hooves out their rear-ends. Besides, if we are so weak, why didn't you fight the big BA griffon? Way I see it, you're as weak as us compared to that guy, and don't even try to tell us any different. If I remember, weren't you the first to suggest running with your tail between your hooves? Some demon commander. Besides, the acolytes have off'd demons before. It ain't like they are weak."

______

Alrahm snapped at syuren.

Alrahm:

" that is enough, syuren! But he does have a point. Compared to the power of that griffon, we are nothing. I especially hate to think about how powerful that being is that he serves... Zephrael even managed to burn away Lorec's splinter shot... And that move has the power to pierce dragon scales... We are all in deep trouble... But know our enemy, know ourself, and have naught to fear for a hundred battles... I suppose I should shed light on what this creature may be..."

@samurai equine @literally snails

In response to samurai equine's question, Alrahm closed his eyes and recalled what he could about Vakor.

______

Alrahm:

" The religion of Vakor is the major religion practiced in the griffon empire. In the religion, there is an 'allmaker' the source of original life, who created the Angels of the high heavens. The allmaker made the 'creator' who is said to be one of those angels. The allmaker is said to be formless, and oversees the angelic and mortal worlds. The creator, however, did have a form... And a name. Statues in the griffon temples show a great being, bipedal with eight wings, with the face and claws of a griffon, presumably crafted due to them believing that they inherited the looks of the creator. The name for the creator was Avae. And that being that zephrael served looks very similar to the statues, except for the fact that we could not see this being's face..."

Alrahm opened his eyes, his tone becoming worrisome.

" ancient texts were uncovered about 400 years ago in the griffon empire elaborating on the established religion. Apparently, there was a war in the high heavens. Of what it could've have been about, no one knows. However, it does go on to inform us that the allmaker commanded his second son, the inheritor of his wisdom and powerful magics, to create different species in another plane of existence, species that were pure and untainted. For a time, it was recorded that mortals had lived in relative peace with each other, until the second son came back to the world again after creating mortals. It is said that he corrupted mortality on his second visit, teaching us war tactics, weapon arts, along with basic negative emotions... Why he did this, no one knows..... Afterwards, he returned to the heavens. Never to be seen or heard from again. It is said that we were given corruption to test us, and that one day, he would return to save the ones who stayed righteous... It might be far-fetched.... But we can not deny the possibility that this being could in fact be part of a creator species that was here long before anyone else. Of course... Zephrael's involvement... Could be another story. Would you like to hear Zephrael's known tale as well?"

"Allmaker? Angels? Hmm... This must be what western religions are like. In my homeland, we've heard rumors of there being a supreme god above all, but could never be sure. We usually believe in millions of lesser, elemental gods. In Japon, you can find shrines of various sizes all over for different kinds of gods or ceremonies. A god of wood, of the earth, of the heavens and the sky, a god of fertility, a god of good fortune, and so on. There may even be a god for the clothes we wear or the food we eat." Samurai says as he listens to the story.

"Yes, I would love to hear more. I want to know anything and everything you can tell me! I cannot replace Kazas or anyone we've lost, but I can try to act in their best interest while I try to complete my mission." Samurai says. He's a very eager learner.

Edited by Samurai Equine

A familiar clanking.

The two unicorns walked down the train, jumping from car to car, as they mutter to each other in low tones.  Each jump is accompanied by a loud clanking noise from the large black saddlebag the lilac one was carrying. Their mouths were moving, as they muttered to each other, but no sound seemed to come out, as was dictated by the emerald cloud of magical power streaming from the lilac's horn. The words they spoke were for each other, alone.

"Don't know who to trust. Don't know if we can trust anyone. Just us. Just the two of us. Like in the Amblezon." "I don't want to relive that, though. I can't believe this.... My sister... The princesses..." "Come on, you hated your sister anyway. And..." Encore hesitated, looking down. "The Princesses are gone, and anypony on this train could be after our throats. We have to stick with each other." And while Evergreen began to retort a denial of ever hating Wintergreen, her now-lost sister, and looked close to tears, they passed into a car's cabin that bore several vaguely familiar faces, and as always, a loud clanking from Encore's saddlebag announced their arrival.

Alrahm:

" The religion of Vakor is the major religion practiced in the griffon empire. In the religion, there is an 'allmaker' the source of original life, who created the Angels of the high heavens. The allmaker made the 'creator' who is said to be one of those angels. The allmaker is said to be formless, and oversees the angelic and mortal worlds. The creator, however, did have a form... And a name. Statues in the griffon temples show a great being, bipedal with eight wings, with the face and claws of a griffon, presumably crafted due to them believing that they inherited the looks of the creator. The name for the creator was Avae. And that being that zephrael served looks very similar to the statues, except for the fact that we could not see this being's face..."

Alrahm opened his eyes, his tone becoming worrisome.

" ancient texts were uncovered about 400 years ago in the griffon empire elaborating on the established religion. Apparently, there was a war in the high heavens. Of what it could've have been about, no one knows. However, it does go on to inform us that the allmaker commanded his second son, the inheritor of his wisdom and powerful magics, to create different species in another plane of existence, species that were pure and untainted. For a time, it was recorded that mortals had lived in relative peace with each other, until the second son came back to the world again after creating mortals. It is said that he corrupted mortality on his second visit, teaching us war tactics, weapon arts, along with basic negative emotions... Why he did this, no one knows..... Afterwards, he returned to the heavens. Never to be seen or heard from again. It is said that we were given corruption to test us, and that one day, he would return to save the ones who stayed righteous... It might be far-fetched.... But we can not deny the possibility that this being could in fact be part of a creator species that was here long before anyone else. Of course... Zephrael's involvement... Could be another story. Would you like to hear Zephrael's known tale as well?"

"I don't care about your legends." Mason said, "Your idea of "gods" is a redundant term and if you'd been to the Makai realm, you'd know that. This Avae creature was strong, but strength doesn't come from divinity and his aura certainly wasn't sacred. There are demons in the unknown reaches of the Makai realm that are stronger than these so-called gods. A-class demons the size of shopping malls that could tumble a city with a flex of their muscles, but they aren't gods. Your kind always builds up and idolizes that which you can't understand."

A familiar clanking.

The two unicorns walked down the train, jumping from car to car, as they mutter to each other in low tones.  Each jump is accompanied by a loud clanking noise from the large black saddlebag the lilac one was carrying. Their mouths were moving, as they muttered to each other, but no sound seemed to come out, as was dictated by the emerald cloud of magical power streaming from the lilac's horn. The words they spoke were for each other, alone.

"Don't know who to trust. Don't know if we can trust anyone. Just us. Just the two of us. Like in the Amblezon." "I don't want to relive that, though. I can't believe this.... My sister... The princesses..." "Come on, you hated your sister anyway. And..." Encore hesitated, looking down. "The Princesses are gone, and anypony on this train could be after our throats. We have to stick with each other." And while Evergreen began to retort a denial of ever hating Wintergreen, her now-lost sister, and looked close to tears, they passed into a car's cabin that bore several vaguely familiar faces, and as always, a loud clanking from Encore's saddlebag announced their arrival.

(Yay! Bard's back!)

Havoc watched the newcomers calmly. He recognized them from the tournament, though they hadn't had a chance to fight.

• Brohoof 1

@literally snails

Alrahm retorted.

" I never said the creator was a god, and neither does the religion of Vakor. The creator is an angel, said to be the second born son of the allmaker. Besides... I think that, if this creature is truly Avae, then he is more powerful than any of us could sense, and was only showing part of his power. Think about it. If this creature is in fact the second son of the Allmaker in Vakor, then it's possible that he created this world in a snap, as the legends say he was commanded by the allmaker to do so..... Though what I am about to tell samurai equine here, you may want to listen to as well. It's starting to come together. And I do not enjoy any conclusion that I am coming to."

_____

He then turned to samurai equine, but addresed the entirety of the champions as if to sate them on a history lesson.

@samurai equine

Alrahm began to speak, recalling the tale of the azure terror.

" Zephrael Azarith... A name buried in hate, fear, loathing, and jealousy. For whatever reason, many documents dating back to that time were destroyed by Raziqa, the griffon who took power after the Azure Terror incident. From what could be pieced together, Zephrael was a warrior in the griffonic army. The legends say that Zephrael was but a normal pheonix knight, same as kazas, mastering soul infusion, but unable to proceed any further. From the documents that were not destroyed, it was determined that Zephrael had two sons and a wife. When emperor Miral died and his son, Miras, took power.... Is around when it happened. 4 months after Miras took the throne of kazas's homeland, a battle within the city of Phalx occurred. Observers laid their eyes on dozens upon dozens of corpses, all burning in blue flame. The corpses left a trail of blood into the palace of the emperor, where many more corpses could be found ablaze. Hundreds of deaths within the hour. No guards dared to enter the palace to stop whatever had forced its way through. At high noon that day, a screaming, burning griffon wearing lavish robes and a crown was thrown out of the window of the highest tower. He hit the ground hard, and was ablaze in blue flame. Before he died, he managed to mutter two words in sweet irony. They were, ' Azarith' and ' Pheonix '. Afterwards, journal entries revealed a blue light flying out of the same window that emperor Miras was thrown from. Behind it, a trail of azure fire. A commander, who was named Raziqa, was there to hear his words, and knew who it was. The generals of the griffon forces all gathered, with Raziqa being able to inform them of who it was. Zephrael. A force was called upon to try and seek vengeance for the fallen emperor. A force of 10,000 of the most battle hardened griffons. Zephrael was tracked down into what is known as the scarred desert, living in exile in a cave with his family. The force came to meet him with two orders: exterminate Zephrael, and end his lineage so that it may never happen again. They offered him a deal. Surrender and a quick death, or fight it out and die slowly, while watching his family's execution. Zephrael responded with a third choice....."

Alrahm paused.

" no one knows what truly happened on that day, nearly 8 centuries ago... But it has been passed down verbally that in an instant, 3/4s of the army was obliterated, nothing left but smoldering ashes. The rest were slain one by one, unable to conquer zephrael. The generals, who drew up the orders, were slaughtered. All of them were, save for one. Raziqa. Somehow, he managed to win in a duel against zephrael, and took his life. It is said that on that day, 10,000 griffons died, and Zephrael was one of them. Through pride, or not having enough power left through using the power of the pheonix, he was left dead. Because there were no heirs to the throne, and because Raziqa was the highest ranking military official left, the crown defaulted to his line, giving him absolute authority. It is said that he did not end Zephrael's family line, but pardoned them. He returned Zephrael's weapon to his wife and children. The Razi family had a son, and their dynasty was solidified. Until now... Unless, Raziel is still alive..."

Alrahm was then about to draw up his conclusions. He had a feeling about how things happened the way they did...

" It is said that zephrael's remains were left in the cave he dwelled in at the scarred desert. His soul, however.... Was sent deep into Tartarus, where he would suffer until the end of time. His family line would continue to breed worthy pheonix knights... As they had been doing for centuries and centuries. Kazas and Zephrael are blood kin... And the shame of the Azarith family is probably what made Kazas fly off the handle and attack zephrael on sight, once he realized who he was. History portrays zephrael as a monster, a demon pheonix that could burn away nations if he so willed it. And yet.... What we saw just now... Does not make sense. In fact, him being alive was questionable, until I saw the crimson tears of his... A sign of necromancy. This... Angel... Must've had access to Tartarus somehow, and brought Zephrael back for his own reasons. But I've never seen necromancy that perfectly done..."

He shuddered.

" Zephrael set the bar for what all Azariths, along with all other keepers of a primordial divine, could become. He has surged passed five of the seven known stages of the keeper levels. Personification, soul infusion, externalization, internalization, and self-actualization.... It is quite possible that he is on the sixth stage; Soul Transimgration. I'll explain later. I doubt that he will progress to the seventh stage of the keeper, though.... That stage is suicide. We can only guess that he and that angel slew a pheonix lord and trapped its soul, giving him back his power. And that he has been brought back by this... Angel... To do his bidding."

@,

Evergreen and Encore paused as they trotted through the room, to listen to this one guy rant. They recognized him, and while Eve looked confused, Encore followed every word, intently. 

"We all know of Tartarus, and of the legendary battle of the griffins Zephrael and Raziqa, but of Vakor... I always assumed it was just that land's creation story, part of its mythos. Not real. You know, like we all assumed of the Crystal Empire, before... Before it was rediscovered." Encore murmured. Evergreen simply gave him a blank, uncertain look back. "Raziqa is long gone, though, and as the one who slew Zephrael the first time, maybe its his bloodline that's meant to do it again." Speaking up, Encore addressed the stranger telling the tale. "I'm not familiar with the current Emperor of the Griffons. What of him? He may know the details of the incident, and may even be able to repeat his ancestor's feat."

@,

"You're assuming a lot of things based on very little evidence." Roto commented. He was still holding his injured leg, but a thick scab had stopped the bleeding. "Have you ever considered that you might be wrong in every conceivable way? You really think that creature created this world? He was strong, but not nearly that strong. There are Makai far more powerful than him. Tenfold even! How would he create something stronger than he is? You ponies are so ignorant to how weak you really are, any C class demon could escape from the Makai realm and convince you he's the Allmaker."

"I'm not familiar with the current Emperor of the Griffons. What of him? He may know the details of the incident, and may even be able to repeat his ancestor's feat."

"Dead." Havoc bluntly said.

Samurai listens to the stories. Somewhere in there, he gives a friendly wave and a wink to Evergreen. He can tell when somepony's been crying. Maybe he feels sympathy for a fellow unicorn.

Still, as the conversations go on, Samurai cannot help but give an annoyed 'Tch' after Roto finishes. "You know, I've been listening to you Yokai villains talk, and I think I can safely say that no one is taking you seriously. You claim there are no gods, yet you continue to defend that Tartarus and the Makai Realm are real. What's next, unicorn magic isn't real either? You also defend how strong and powerful your demon clan is, and yet you wither and fall before spells based in holy divinity. Even Roto can attest to that after his match in the tournament. Kazas didn't fear your kind in the least, and fighting indomitable beasts of all sizes is nothing new to me either... But the biggest piece of hypocrisy in all this is you expect us to follow your lead and just let you guys handle it, you who have heartlessly killed many innocent people and will probably betray us all the second it benefits you. I could have offered to be the new leader too, but I'm more respectful then that. Mason, if you and yours really want us to trust you in any way, maybe you should learn some humility first."

Edited by Samurai Equine

@@Samurai Equine, @,

"Dead." Havoc bluntly said.

"Oh."

Of course he's dead. Go figure.

"Forgive my infamiliarity with the subjects at hoof, but if this angel was able to pull the phoenix Zephrael out of Tartarus, couldn't there be a way for somebody to at least contact the spirit of Raziqa or Raziel in Tartarus and at least talk with them, assuming Raziel is dead and Raziqa's tale is true?"

Evergreen rolled her eyes. Typical Encore, trying to hold a scholarly conversation on a subject he knew next to nothing about. But at least he was offering possible solutions. The haughty guy and the friendly one with the twitchy eye seemed intent on only giving exposition of the plot and arguing with each other. All this talk of demonry and gods and Tartarus was way above her, but she was pretty sure this was all ridiculous. 

Wintergreen would be able to pull all these people back together. She had had such a way with words. Even if she was a pansy who would want nothing to do with the Everfree - even if it probably was the only safe place left - she'd at least make sure these survivors were being constructive instead of bantering pointlessly.

Ashamed of her eyes, which were close to filling with tears again, Eve let her tangled mess of a mane fall before her face, hiding her emotion from view.

@bard

Alrahm was surprised by the entrance of these two. He had seen them around the tournement grounds, but they never had the chance to fight.

______

Alrahm:

" that's the thing. Zephrael's soul went to Tartarus because of the stains upon it. And it was Raziak who was slain, not Raziel... Though I expect that Zephrael and his mystery master may have a plan for him, if he's still alive. Raziqa and his entire family line was considered a benevolent and fair ruling dynasty. I doubt their souls were sent to that pit. And Im not sure how we would go about trying to communicate with them if their souls are in a better place now."

_____

@literally snails

Alrahm:

" this is all purely speculation, dear boy. But I'd say that, seeing as how we have a Vakor ' angel ', looking very much like the statues in griffon country, then we might have a problem... Besides, size has never equated to the power of one's soul. What worries me is that Tartarus is nearly impossible to penetrate, much less escape. But if Zephrael was taken by this creature, we can only assume that, considering how deep zephrael's soul may have been incarcerated, that it is possibly an inside job... After all, this angel could have been a fallen one. But that is purely speculation."

________

@samurai equine

Lorec spoke to the samurai, eyes full of sorrow.

Lorec:

" samurai, we appreciate you defending kazas's honor, but lets face it... He's one of them now, and roto is the weakest yokai... No offense. And you heard what that creature said... We work together, or die. Zephrael said that this was to make the improbable into the probable.... Would we even be working together if it wasn't for this situation?"

----------------------(at the colleseum)-------------

Avaerus had formed a telepathic screening of the champions. He could see their arguing and bickering, and couldn't help but shake his head. It acted as a one way mirror, allowing him to see the entirety of their conversation.

____

Avaerus:

" an angel.... Is that what I'm thought as in this world? I most certainly am not.."

_____

He then heard roto's and mason's comments, and then smiled and chuckled.

" that may be true... But when you only have 1/8th of your power available after so many millennia, you tend to seem weaker than the things you are responsible for creating. Rest assured... I'll be back to full strength soon, yokai..."

He turned to kazas and zephrael, who had been waiting for orders. However, Avaerus was about to sic a new employee upon the group.... A face that a certain japony may recognize.

@literally snails

Avaerus turned to zephrael.

Avaerus:

" zephrael, our uninvited friend is still around, I feel. Go chase him off. Kill him, if you must."

________

Zephrael:

" understood."

Zephrael then flew into the clouds, looking for snowstorm.

@samurai equine

Avaerus's eyes started glowing, and all mind-bent that he was targeting would receive their orders telepathically. His thoughts boomed in their minds... And the loudest booming of all would be in shogun equine's mind.

Avaerus:

' servants! Heed my thoughts! 200 of those who are able to fly shall attack the trains heading towards the major pony settlement, ponyville, immediately! You will all be lead by Shogun equine! Do not disappoint me! Make them fight for their lives!!!'

_________

Just then, 200 ponies and griffons who were once ordinary innocents could be seen flying over the colleseum in a military style flight phalanx. And they would soon be lead to attack the train by none other but samurai's master, whom he thought deceased. Perhaps, death would be a boon to all mind-bent in this situation.

"It shall be done, my new lord and master." A mind-bent Shogun says before he takes flight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Forgive me, Lorec... I will try, but the Yokai Seven has not done anything worthy of redemption in my eyes. Not yet." Samurai says.

He notices Evergreen tearing up again, trying to hide it.

He remembers something from his past. While Japon was at civil war, ponies killing each other left and right, Samurai held a dying mare in his arms.

She said her last words to him through the tears and open wounds claiming her life.

For this, Samurai gets up and goes over to her. "We've all lost something. But as tough as things are..."

Samurai doesn't get to finish. The train begins to rock and tumble, as if being hit hard enough to sway left and right!
Looking through the windows, everyone can see that the train is once again under attack from mind-bent pegasi.

"Well, there's the mind controlled pegasi I was wondering about. BROTHERS! TO ARMS!!!"

Samurai is the first to leave the car to go fight.

Samurai makes his way to the roof of the train. He gladly punches his way through hordes of pegasi, flying at him as fast as cannon fire.

"Magic Horn EXTEND!!!" Samurai uses his extending horn spell to clip their wings, but this kind of precision is not easy!

Landing with a lot of weight on the same car, Shogun Equine appears. You can tell from his lifeless eyes that he is completely gone.

Samurai turns and notices him, his eyes going wide. "No... Shogun-sama, not you too! YOU MONSTERS!!! He was going to commit seppuku, and you dishonor him even further by making him your slave!" Samurai's shock turns to anger as he grits his teeth.

Shogun raises his gunbai fan.

Samurai stares him down. They both know it won't work on him.

Shogun lowers his fan, and raises a pair of swords instead.

Samurai unstraps the sword at his side.

They begin to trot towards each other.

Then they run.

...And with a might swing, their swords collide! And in a flurry of acrobatics, their swords constantly strike against each other harder and harder, until sparks are flying from each collision!

@Samurai Equine @Literally Snails 

@bard

Alrahm was surprised by the entrance of these two. He had seen them around the tournement grounds, but they never had the chance to fight.

______
Alrahm:
" that's the thing. Zephrael's soul went to Tartarus because of the stains upon it. And it was Raziak who was slain, not Raziel... Though I expect that Zephrael and his mystery master may have a plan for him, if he's still alive. Raziqa and his entire family line was considered a benevolent and fair ruling dynasty. I doubt their souls were sent to that pit. And Im not sure how we would go about trying to communicate with them if their souls are in a better place now."

Encore seemed to droop slightly, shrugged, and trotted back towards Evergreen, silently cursing the fact that most scholarly articles about Tartarus had been locked up in restricted portions of Canterlot's royal library.

"It shall be done, my new lord and master." A mind-bent Shogun says before he takes flight.

"Forgive me, Lorec... I will try, but the Yokai Seven has not done anything worthy of redemption in my eyes. Not yet." Samurai says.

He notices Evergreen tearing up again, trying to hide it.

He remembers something from his past. While Japon was at civil war, ponies killing each other left and right, Samurai held a dying mare in his arms.

She said her last words to him through the tears and open wounds claiming her life.

For this, Samurai gets up and goes over to her. "We've all lost something. But as tough as things are..."

Samurai doesn't get to finish. The train begins to rock and tumble, as if being hit hard enough to sway left and right!
Looking through the windows, everyone can see that the train is once again under attack from mind-bent pegasi.

"Well, there's the mind controlled pegasi I was wondering about. BROTHERS! TO ARMS!!!"

Samurai is the first to leave the car to go fight.

Samurai makes his way to the roof of the train. He gladly punches his way through hordes of pegasi, flying at him as fast as cannon fire.

"Magic Horn EXTEND!!!" Samurai uses his extending horn spell to clip their wings, but this kind of precision is not easy!

Landing with a lot of weight on the same car, Shogun Equine appears. You can tell from his lifeless eyes that he is completely gone.

Samurai turns and notices him, his eyes going wide. "No... Shogun-sama, not you too! YOU MONSTERS!!! He was going to commit seppuku, and you dishonor him even further by making him your slave!" Samurai's shock turns to anger as he grits his teeth.

Shogun raises his gunbai fan.

Samurai stares him down. They both know it won't work on him.

Shogun lowers his fan, and raises a pair of swords instead.

Samurai unstraps the sword at his side.

They begin to trot towards each other.

Then they run.

...And with a might swing, their swords collide! And in a flurry of acrobatics, their swords constantly strike against each other harder and harder, until sparks are flying from each collision!

((Well, I kinda assumed that it'd be a couple more posts of exposition before that happened, but okay, I'll role with it xD))

Eve looked up at Samurai through her tangled mane. She felt an odd, satisfied comfort at his reassurances mingling with the current shock and emptiness that was her life right now. Maybe...

The car was rocked by pegasi.

Encore immediately had his trumpet, his weapon of choice, to his lips. Pressing it hard to his lips, he aimed the instrument at the window, where a pegasus with empty eyes was attempting to squeeze through a newly-broken window. A loud battle cry, and a blast issued out of Encore's horn. A literal, visible sonic blast, and the pegasus was blasted away from the window, having been pushed away by a blast faster and harder than sound. Another blast from the trumpet knocked another pegasus bursting into a window directly behind Alrahm into unconsciousness and back into the dark landscape from whence his figure had emerged. Alrahm would probably be left with an intense ringing in his ears from that, but Encore didn't really have the time to care about that at the moment.

"I can't believe I didn't hear them coming!" Encore cursed at himself as he bashed in the head of another pony assaulting their car with the end of his horn. "Eve, watch my back." As he checked the other windows, he saw Eve sprinting off out of the car. "Eve!"

Where in Tartarus was she going? He started after her, but seconds later was blasting at another pegasus. He ended up backing towards Alrahm, his ears perked, listening intently, especially for Eve, and his trumpet ready for another blast.

Eve whisked off after Samurai into the next car. Super intense swordfight. She pulled the crystalline rose out of her ear, and as always, began to magically manipulate its growth. Now a sturdy, crystal, thorned whip weapon, she cracked it at the face of a pegasus who was sneaking up behind Samurai, whos entire attention was on the swordfight. She hit the pegasus in the neck, around which the thorny whip coiled and snagged tightly. With a second flourish of the vine, the assaulting pegasus was literally thrown straight out a window, with a loud shatter of glass. She readied the whip again, preparing to lash out at the stranger that Samurai was dueling. She was afraid to attack, in fear of hitting the one that she was sure was on her side, but she was clearly eager to hurt this guy, and badly. She was gonna make somepony pay for what happened to her sister. She wasn't sure who, but she was sure. Somepony was going to pay. 

And it may as well be this blank-eyed japony.

@,

Zephrael didn't have to look hard to find Snowstorm. He was standing on top of a flat cloud with the Banshee Shriek extended in its true form. Even though his wavelength was disguised, his aura could still be seen protruding from the sword. For that to be possible, it would have had to have immense power! Far more than before.

"I've been waiting for you to show up!" Snowstorm said angrily. His horns were beginning to grow out from his skull as if he could no longer control his appearance. "I may not have been a match for you before, but now that you have so foolishly killed the princesses, I can hardly contain the gift you've given me! The Veil is so thin here, I practically have unfettered access to a reservoir of power! EVERYONE WILL REMEMBER THE FAMOUS KONDOROBOU!"

(Im not sure what's happening on the train, so I'll wait for that.)

((Well, I kinda assumed that it'd be a couple more posts of exposition before that happened, but okay, I'll role with it xD))

(Sorry. It was an order from Hokuto's Heir. :lol: )

As Samurai fights on top of the moving train, his battle with Shogun gets more intense. Between sword clashes, they reach in and punch or buck each other with any hoof that could get close enough. Their faces are getting pretty beat up and bloody.

"Midas Curse." Shogun begins to use his other enchanted attack, but acting quickly, Samurai grabs his hooves and redirects Shogun's slash. Instead of being turned to gold, part of the car they are standing on gets turned to gold.

When Shogun cannot pull away, many of the mind-bent pegasi dog pile on Samurai, weighing him down and releasing Shogun from his grip.

"It's no use, Samurai Equine. You will all submit to us. There is nothing you can do. I know all your moves and spells. There is nothing you can surprise me with."

However, Samurai begins to beat off the pegasi piled on top of him, forcing himself back up to the surface. "You're WRONG!!! Unlike you, Shogun Equine, I can learn even from foreigners. You may know all of my moves..."

Once free, Samurai tackles Shogun as best he can. "...But you don't know all of THEIRS!"

Leaping off Shogun, Samurai does a flip in the air and lands near Evergreen. "Let's take him out, together! But I want him alive."

@@Samurai Equine

Havoc wasn't able to do much to fight the Pegasi because he was stuck inside of the train cart and wasn't spry enough to climb to the roof. Mason, however, was able to quickly pull himself up to the roof of the train by snaking two outstretched tentacles outside of the cart and latching on to a metal bar along the rim of the roof. He pulled himself up to see Shogun fighting against Samurai and Evergreen.

He was in a perfect place to strike. With three on one, he could have easily killed Shogun then and there with his back turned. Instead, Mason stayed on the side of the train cart and watched.

(Sorry. It was an order from Hokuto's Heir. :lol: )

As Samurai fights on top of the moving train, his battle with Shogun gets more intense. Between sword clashes, they reach in and punch or buck each other with any hoof that could get close enough. Their faces are getting pretty beat up and bloody.

"Midas Curse." Shogun begins to use his other enchanted attack, but acting quickly, Samurai grabs his hooves and redirects Shogun's slash. Instead of being turned to gold, part of the car they are standing on gets turned to gold.

When Shogun cannot pull away, many of the mind-bent pegasi dog pile on Samurai, weighing him down and releasing Shogun from his grip.

"It's no use, Samurai Equine. You will all submit to us. There is nothing you can do. I know all your moves and spells. There is nothing you can surprise me with."

However, Samurai begins to beat off the pegasi piled on top of him, forcing himself back up to the surface. "You're WRONG!!! Unlike you, Shogun Equine, I can learn even from foreigners. You may know all of my moves..."

Once free, Samurai tackles Shogun as best he can. "...But you don't know all of THEIRS!"

Leaping off Shogun, Samurai does a flip in the air and lands near Evergreen. "Let's take him out, together! But I want him alive."

Evergreen leapt into the air, lashing out with her thorny vine whip. In the Amblezon Jungle, the rule had been that anything used to air combat was helpless if you could ground it. She didn't think that the rule would necessarily be as universal here, but the theory had held sound in the jungle, and with little experience fighting other ponies she didn't have much else to go on.

If her aim was true, the thorny vine would snap one of the pony's wings, and if it wasn't it would still rake bloody gashes along his entire side, and would hopefully at least snag and latch onto him, giving her leverage to grapple or fling the Shogun.

*thud, thud thud*

The sound of hooves landing on the roof of the train. Lorec had looked upward, and a spear had pierced through the roof. They were under attack. The spear nicked Lorec's shoulder. And yet, he should no sign of emotion. He grabbed the spear before it could be retracted, and yanked down hard. A mind bent pony came crashing through the roof, nearly unconcious from having his face pulled through steel. Lorec then dropped the pony who was barely hanging on to his spear, and delivered a light jab to the pony's face. He had knocked the pegasi out. It looked to be a civillian, now armed with a weapon. Lorec looked through the hole he had made. The storm was getting worse. On too of that, about 200 pegasi and griffons were flying around the train. Not friendly at all. He couldn't get up there to help the others, but he would protect the civillians if the mind-bent made it to them. He called out to Alrahm and Syuren.

________

Lorec:

" Alrahm, Syuren! I can't get up there! You two will have to provide support! Be careful! The rain is making the topside slick!"

Syuren, responding almost immediately, flew through the hole. He saw the flying force coming toward the train, and prepared himself.

Syuren:

" man... This is bad... Guys! I'll stall them as long as I can! Seriously, where are the acolytes when you need them?!?"

Syuren flew toward the enemy, a battle to take place in the skies. His eyes started to glow green, and he drew his spear. He accelerated, and charged the front flyers. When he met the very first one, he slashed through him. He then began to call forth powerful winds in hope of sending to the ground, or at least, forcing them to fly slower to bid time. Syuren dodged and dodged, slashing through any enemy that came near him. But how long could he last?

Alrahm had gotten on top of the train, as Lorec had assisted in lifting him through the hole. It was chaos. Syuren was fending off the attacking mind bent aerial assailants, and samurai was battling against his lord along side evergreen and mason. Alrahm would let them handle it unless he was called for help. He was going to help syuren in his aerial battle. The rain provided endless ammunition for alrahm, and that's all he needed. His eyes started to glow a dark silver, along with his horn. Water droplets around him stopped falling, and froze almost instantly. Using his magic, he started to shoot them at the incoming enemies, supporting syuren's air battle. Alrahm would try to keep them away along with Syuren for as long as it took the acolytes to arrive. Of course, it was hard to deal with al of that, considering encore had left alrahm nearly deaf. He'd be sure to scold that young pony later.

--------------------{the skies above Canterlot}-------------------

@literally snails

Zephrael was unfazed by this show of strength, and merely sighed along with shaking his head.

" boy..... Do you really want to do this? Because if you do, I can't guarantee that you'll live. If you do desire, then charge at me, and see why you should've left with your friends."

A blue aura of flame started to eminate from Zephrael. This wouldn't last long, either way

@literally snails

Zephrael was unfazed by this show of strength, and merely sighed along with shaking his head.

" boy..... Do you really want to do this? Because if you do, I can't guarantee that you'll live. If you do desire, then charge at me, and see why you should've left with your friends."

A blue aura of flame started to eminate from Zephrael. This wouldn't last long, either way

(I'm only doing this because my fight with Equine was cut short. I'll break off shortly.)

Snowstorm's appearance started to change. His eyes yellowed and his teeth grew sharp. He wasn't doing this on purpose, but the amount of power in his sword that he had to control made it almost impossible to maintain his fake appearance.

"You should have expected this already when you stole my spotlight!" He cried. The red aura around his sword far surpassed his own. "Don't try to intimidate me, you self righteous upstart! If I'm not afraid of Mason, I'm certainly not afraid of you!"

He turned the hilt of his blade so that the fleshy face was pointed at Zephrael. Blue lights emitted from the vacant eyes and mouth holes. "CHORUS OF A THOUSAND SKULLS!"

On his command, spectral skulls began to fly out from the eyes and mouth of the Banshee Shriek as if the face itself was an opened portal to hell. They were larger than any normal skull, each nearly the size of a ponies torso, and had no bodies attached to them. Each individual one could easily bite through rock and bone. There were to many of them to count, each headed toward Zephrael with their mouths open.

Syuren flew toward the enemy, a battle to take place in the skies. His eyes started to glow green, and he drew his spear. He accelerated, and charged the front flyers. When he met the very first one, he slashed through him. He then began to call forth powerful winds in hope of sending to the ground, or at least, forcing them to fly slower to bid time. Syuren dodged and dodged, slashing through any enemy that came near him. But how long could he last?

Mason was still clinging to the side of the train, watching the scene unfold, when he saw Syuren in trouble. He knew he would benefit if they trusted him. Perhaps it was time to help once more. He kept from the side of the train and unleashed three grey tendrils that shot out and latched to one of the assaulting pegasi. With the victim snared, he pulled himself up and used the likely confused pony as a floating platform. He didn't have much time before he would fall off. Using the same gruesome technique he had preformed earlier, he made a series of sharp tendrils shoot out from his body and pierce into nearly every pegasus within close range, excluding Syuren.

Shogun takes to the skies to dodge Evergreen's attack. Her whip misses his wings, but does shred some of the clothes and light armor he is wearing. He is only ends up with minor damage, but the whip anchors him, keeping him from getting away.

With an opportunity, Samurai leaps up and twirls his mighty sword, blinding Shogun with the sheet attached to the bottom of it. And while he is blind...
"Flaming Sword ATTACK!"

The second the sheet flows away from Shogun's face, he is struck down by Samurai's magic flames, which have been transferred to his sword.

Shogun cries out in pain and falls on the train, but he is not out completely. Though he is a little more injured now, he still gets up.

"First battalion. Second battalion. Flank with weapons!" Shogun command.

Once more, many mind-bent pegasi take flight, but they don't aim for Samurai or Evergreen. Instead, they armed with spears and cannons, and they are using them to attack the train from the sides.

They're targeting the passengers!

"Choose your battle well, warriors."

For Samurai, it was a no-brainer. He instead decides to protect the train and its passengers, abandoning the fight for now.

In that time, Shogun goes over to Mason. He raises his gunbai fan and waves it at him, then points at Alrahm and his friends. "Kill them."
But will this work?

No one explained it before, but Shogun's fan is not mind control. It only works like hypnotic suggestion, appealing to the lesser brain functions. In other words, it cannot make someone do something they're not naturally inclined to do. If you use your willpower to resist the fan, it cannot make you do anything, just like Samurai demonstrated a moment ago.

But Mason is no stranger to being a murderous villain. Will he follow the command or resist?

Shogun takes to the skies to dodge Evergreen's attack. Her whip misses his wings, but does shred some of the clothes and light armor he is wearing. He is only ends up with minor damage, but the whip anchors him, keeping him from getting away.

With an opportunity, Samurai leaps up and twirls his mighty sword, blinding Shogun with the sheet attached to the bottom of it. And while he is blind...

"Flaming Sword ATTACK!"

The second the sheet flows away from Shogun's face, he is struck down by Samurai's magic flames, which have been transferred to his sword.

Shogun cries out in pain and falls on the train, but he is not out completely. Though he is a little more injured now, he still gets up.

"First battalion. Second battalion. Flank with weapons!" Shogun command.

Once more, many mind-bent pegasi take flight, but they don't aim for Samurai or Evergreen. Instead, they armed with spears and cannons, and they are using them to attack the train from the sides.

They're targeting the passengers!

"Choose your battle well, warriors."

For Samurai, it was a no-brainer. He instead decides to protect the train and its passengers, abandoning the fight for now.

In that time, Shogun goes over to Mason. He raises his gunbai fan and waves it at him, then points at Alrahm and his friends. "Kill them."

But will this work?

No one explained it before, but Shogun's fan is not mind control. It only works like hypnotic suggestion, appealing to the lesser brain functions. In other words, it cannot make someone do something they're not naturally inclined to do. If you use your willpower to resist the fan, it cannot make you do anything, just like Samurai demonstrated a moment ago.

But Mason is no stranger to being a murderous villain. Will he follow the command or resist?

As Alrahm was lifted onto the roof to fight, Encore dashed off down the train to assist Eve, unaware he was leaving Alrahm deaf.

Eve seemed perfectly happy to continue wailing on this guy, but Samurai's immediate departure to defend the innocents on the train coupled with Encore sliding into the cabin seconds later seemed to bring her to her senses. She bit back furious tears again as she allowed Encore to drag her down the train, onto the roof, to defend the cabins from assaulting pegasi. The area around Mason was completely bare, as he was able to manage most of that area by himself, so Eve and Encore fought, clearing the space around the cars closer to the front of the train. Neither unicorn seemed quite as competent a fighter as the others, especially in this brand of pony-on-pony combat, as none of their skills were uniquely oriented towards combat. Yet their skills accented each other. Encore seemed acutely aware of where attacking pegasi were around them, and as he blasted some of the more distant ones out of the sky with his horn, he helped direct Eve at the closer targets by directing her attention to them by pointing his tail. Shortly following the pointing of Encore's tail came the crack of a whip. 

Encore couldn't help worrying. The cannon were nearing their section of the train, and he hadn't quite worked out a way to counter them yet. Maybe he'd just have to wing it.

@literally snails

Syuren was in surprise that mason even made it up that far, but wouldn't question it. He was just thankful for the help. Alrahm had been sending ice shards towards those mind bent. Combined with mason's deadly combat abilities and syuren's aerial combat and mastery over the wind, many of them were sent to spiraling deaths in the fields between canterlot and ponyville. Of course, at shogun's command, the mind bent split ways and started attacking the trains. Along with that, shogun was trying to pull some hocus-pocus on mason! Hopefully, it didn't work. Mason didn't seen the type to take orders. But maybe he would take a request. Syuren started flying towards mason, yelling.

_______

Syuren:

" Mason, if you latch on to me and hold on tight, I can get ya around this mess fast!"

@bard

Seeing that the mind bent were attacking the train, alrahm diverted his aim to the opposite side of where encore was blasting. Alrahm was acting as a turret for that side. In order to being some humor to the situation, he called out to encore as they fought.

_____

Alrahm:

" you owe me a hearing aid, boy! I'm too old for that loud music you young ones like to play!"

_______

The old unicorn shot ice shards continuously through use of magic, and had the other side covered. Lorec, in an attempt to get some action, had started ripping out unoccupied seats in the train and chucking them out of the windows, hitting some mind bent.

In the distance, a flying force of 100 could be seen coming from ponyville. The acolytes alrahm had requested earlier. They were coming to aid in the defense of the train, and not a moment too soon.

----------------------(the skies above canterlot)------------------

@literally snails

Zephrael responded with aerial evasion. Avoiding most of the skulls, he slashed theough any that got close using his azure fire. Dodging and weaving through the air, he made it seem like it was nothing difficult.

" you'll have to do better than that! Your sword is stronger than you! It should be the other way around!"

Zephrael was closing in, slowly but surely. He raised his halberd, ready to clash against snowstorm. He was going to hold back, as to hopefully force him away, and not kill him.

@literally snails

Syuren was in surprise that mason even made it up that far, but wouldn't question it. He was just thankful for the help. Alrahm had been sending ice shards towards those mind bent. Combined with mason's deadly combat abilities and syuren's aerial combat and mastery over the wind, many of them were sent to spiraling deaths in the fields between canterlot and ponyville. Of course, at shogun's command, the mind bent split ways and started attacking the trains. Along with that, shogun was trying to pull some hocus-pocus on mason! Hopefully, it didn't work. Mason didn't seen the type to take orders. But maybe he would take a request. Syuren started flying towards mason, yelling.

_______

Syuren:

" Mason, if you latch on to me and hold on tight, I can get ya around this mess fast!"

Mason shot out three tendrils that latched onto Syuren's torso, then pulled himself up to him and wrapped his front legs around his torso. The legs formed into each other and formed a solid seal around Syuren's back. It was then that it could be seen just how small in stature Mason really was. Compared to Syuren he looked to be the size of an adolescent.

"Remember, you asked for this," he said quietly as he awkwardly hung off of Syuren's belly. He then pulled himself up and around, then perched on the back of Syuren's shoulders.

Zephrael responded with aerial evasion. Avoiding most of the skulls, he slashed through any that got close using his azure fire. Dodging and weaving through the air, he made it seem like it was nothing difficult.

"You'll have to do better than that! Your sword is stronger than you! It should be the other way around!"

Zephrael was closing in, slowly but surely. He raised his halberd, ready to clash against snowstorm. He was going to hold back, as to hopefully force him away, and not kill him.

Instead of dodging or blocking, Snowstorm held his sword out again with the eyes and mouth glowing brighter than before. Zephrael was moving directly into his next attack. "Block this! CHORUS OF TEN THOUSAND SKULLS!" He shouted at the last second.

Skulls once again leapt out from the sword and locked their course on Zephrael. There were so many of them that it appeared to be a massive cloud of smoke with eyes and teeth. Each individual ghoul was just as crazed and hungry as the last.

@bard Seeing that the mind bent were attacking the train, alrahm diverted his aim to the opposite side of where encore was blasting. Alrahm was acting as a turret for that side. In order to being some humor to the situation, he called out to encore as they fought. _____ Alrahm: " you owe me a hearing aid, boy! I'm too old for that loud music you young ones like to play!" _______ The old unicorn shot ice shards continuously through use of magic, and had the other side covered. Lorec, in an attempt to get some action, had started ripping out unoccupied seats in the train and chucking them out of the windows, hitting some mind bent. _____________ In the distance, a flying force of 100 could be seen coming from ponyville. The acolytes alrahm had requested earlier. They were coming to aid in the defense of the train, and not a moment too soon.

Encore cringed a bit, his currently heightened sense of hearing not particularly appreciating Alrahm shouting at him. His ears ringing, and grumbling slightly, Encore's horn started to glow green even more fiercely, and an aura hovered around Alrahm's ears, improving his hearing to levels previously unheard of, at least for him. This seemed to strain Encore a bit more, and now his horn blasts didn't always knock the assaulting pegasi out of the sky. Eve was pretty consistently able to finish the job for him, and the pegasi cloud around that section of the train was still held off for now. 

Eve looked off into the distance, seeing a distant cloud of reinforcements approaching. She sighed from relief. They just had to hold out for a few more minutes. The magical strain was starting to get to the musician, and she was starting to worry he'd cave in soon.