open To justify the means ( IC RP)

Vae Victis

Announcer:

@bard @literally snails

" alright everyone! That first round was a hell of a show! Round two will begin very shortly! The next fight shall be between kazas Azarith and roto. You have 20 minutes. Get ready, and remember; epic entry, epic fight, epic finish, epic show! Best of luck to both contestants!"

Roto slowly made his way into the arena with his Trench coat on and his collar turned up. He made no flashy entrance like the other contestants. Instead, he simply strolled onto the ring with a look of confidence on his face and a smug grin like a child that couldn't keep a secret.

img-2801-1-rsz_sjsitebanner.png

Previously known as: Supahsnail, Snails, SnailZOID, Snails (The Beautiful), The Beautiful Snailzuki, Pretty Koenma, SecretAgentSnails, Topaz, SnailZOID Reynolds, SnailZOID Cage, and Snails The Klayman

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7ks7cTevfRojdvkwD5yROg

Syuren rose up, and yelled.

______

Syuren:

" hey, c'mon man! That's not fair! He just wasted alot of energy to fix me up! Put me back in there and I'll thrash that motherf-"

Kazas interrupted, as he sheathed his sword, panting from completing the healing process.

___

Kazas:

" no syuren.... It'll be alright. Don't fight with the proclaimer. And you should know that I do not waste energy. I did it for you. All I ask is that you have faith in me.... I always pull through, right? Also, samurai equine left a gift for you. A fruit. Eat up, and be sure to thank him."

He said with a smile. Stumbling somewhat, he managed to pull together. It wasn't the first time he'd fought after spending alot of life force to take care of a group member, and It wouldn't be the last. He heard the music he had chosen play, and knew it was his time to go. A lovely melody, often played by his home village's temple band.

____

Kazas:

" time for me to go..... Wish me luck! I might need it."

_______

Around the arena, a strange happening was apparent; Phoenixes were flying in from around the area. They landed near onlookers, around the top of the arena, and even near the princesses. Kazas walked out to the arena, and the second he appeared, they all bowed their heads, as if paying respect. This was done of their own volition. Kazas had nothing to do with it.

______

@samurai equine

Lorec started walking towards the stands, but not before addressing the japonese warrior.

____

Lorec:

" would you like to sit by me during the fight....?"

Syuren ran past Lorec to go observe. It was obvious that he was excited. Kaz, the big boss griffon, going mono e mono against.... Whatever roto was. He could tell that it was going to be fun to watch kazas fight. Before he left to go to the stands, he turned back and yelled into the locker room.

@magos ampharose

Syuren:

" yo! Agririon! Come sit with me if you feel like it! We needs to discuss a rematch someday! And.... Something else too."

Kazas walked toward his starting position, ten feet away from roto. As he did so, a red aura appeared around him, with his eye glowing a bright red-orange. Trails of flame were left behind as he made his way there. As he arrived, he spoke to roto.

@literally snails

Kazas;

" it seems like the Phoenixes have come to greet our battle. In all honesty, I didn't want to fight you, neither so soon. You are the well-mannered one of your group after all... Even if you are what you are. And that counts for something. But understand this. To get to your leader, I have to get through you. And I have no intention of losing."

In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God, hovering above? At least it is true, that man has no control... Even over his own will.

2l7vqa.jpg

@

"I'm sure you don't intend to lose," Roto said smugly, "But I do wonder how important winning is to you, though." He started speaking in a lower voice so that only Kazas could hear. "I know a lot about the time you spent in your homeland. We all do what we must. I just hope you didn't, say, get attached to one of them."

Previously known as: Supahsnail, Snails, SnailZOID, Snails (The Beautiful), The Beautiful Snailzuki, Pretty Koenma, SecretAgentSnails, Topaz, SnailZOID Reynolds, SnailZOID Cage, and Snails The Klayman

Lorec started walking towards the stands, but not before addressing the japonese warrior.

____

Lorec:

" would you like to sit by me during the fight....?"

Samurai, on his way to the stands, looks up at Lorec and nods with a gentle smile. "That would be great, if you don't mind sitting around some of my personal decor."

True to his word, and just like last time, the place he sits in the stands becomes decorated with some of his oriental decorations. But there is room for two, it's not at all cramped. "It's Lorec, right? I hope you don't see me as foolish... Lately, my people have been very weary about outsiders. We have a hard time welcoming them openly, and I didn't come here expecting to make friends, but that's another story. You keep good company, Lorec-san; and I'm glad to know there are some amazing competitors here after all. When things change in my homeland, if you ever get a chance to visit Japon, I hope you visit either during the Spring or Summer Matsuri, when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom."

When the match begins, when the phoenixes have gathered to bow before this griffin, Samurai Equine gives his full attention to the match about to unfold.

@samurai equine

Lorec smiled slightly, and spoke to samurai equine as the fight was about to begin.

" I do my best to keep good friends... And no, I don't see you as foolish... I was a stranger here too, until after the griffon reunification war years ago... You get used to it... Eventually. And i look forward to visiting someday... By the way... May I ask how you manage with all that... You know... Stuff? I know I might sound rude, but... You know... I've never seen anyone tote that much in treasured material... Homesick, maybe?"

_____

Syuren had taken a seat one row below Lorec and samurai equine. He was eating equine's fruit. He was smiling and turned around slightly so that Lorec and the samurai were in view.

" this fruit is the bomb! Thanks samurai... Errrr... Equine? Am I right? Samurai equine? Ah yeah I'm sure that's right. Anyways, kazas might have patched me up, but this fruit can bring back the dead, baby! I'm worried though... Kazas pumped a lot of energy to keep me tickin'.... He might be the strongest, but I'm still worried... Plus, that roto guy.... Yeah, he's nice, but I don't trust 'em... Seems like the kind to go daggity-backstabbity when ya make friends... Ya know?"

____

@literally snails

Kazas's face contorted into a visage of confusion. He spoke to roto in an almost demanding fashion.

Kazas:

" and what do you mean by that exactly?"

In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God, hovering above? At least it is true, that man has no control... Even over his own will.

2l7vqa.jpg

@samurai equine

Lorec smiled slightly, and spoke to samurai equine as the fight was about to begin.

" I do my best to keep good friends... And no, I don't see you as foolish... I was a stranger here too, until after the griffon reunification war years ago... You get used to it... Eventually. And i look forward to visiting someday... By the way... May I ask how you manage with all that... You know... Stuff? I know I might sound rude, but... You know... I've never seen anyone tote that much in treasured material... Homesick, maybe?"

_____

Syuren had taken a seat one row below Lorec and samurai equine. He was eating equine's fruit. He was smiling and turned around slightly so that Lorec and the samurai were in view.

" this fruit is the bomb! Thanks samurai... Errrr... Equine? Am I right? Samurai equine? Ah yeah I'm sure that's right. Anyways, kazas might have patched me up, but this fruit can bring back the dead, baby! I'm worried though... Kazas pumped a lot of energy to keep me tickin'.... He might be the strongest, but I'm still worried... Plus, that roto guy.... Yeah, he's nice, but I don't trust 'em... Seems like the kind to go daggity-backstabbity when ya make friends... Ya know?"

____

@literally snails

Kazas's face contorted into a visage of confusion. He spoke to roto in an almost demanding fashion.

Kazas:

" and what do you mean by that exactly?"

"Like, for example, be mournful of the dead!" Roto exclaimed bluntly. He extended his right front hoof and a fine tempered sickle blade formed out of his leg. It was the same color as his fur, but as hard as steel. He was now poised and itching for the fight to start.

@literally snails

Kazas sighed. The announcer hadnt given the signal to fight yet. He casually reached for a pouch on his hip. He withdrew a ciggerete and put it in his mouth. He lifted a claw, and raised one talon to the ciggerete. Fire appeared from the talon, and lit the ciggerete.

" you know... I knew what you and your friends were before you even stepped into the room. Despite all of that, I wanted to give you a chance. Agririon and I took on an adventure 5 years ago and travled with a very... Uncanny and disturbed pony. Turns out, he fell into the stereotype of death incarnate and such. Needless to say, we took care of that situation. I guess what I'm trying to say here, is that maybe it's time I stopped giving the benefit of the doubt. You acted nice, but of course.... You show your true colors here. Now... You're going to tell me what you mean, and if I don't like what I hear, You can be sure that, while there is a no-death rule, I can make it as painful as possible..... As I've said before, demons aren't exactly lovers of holy fire... Right?"

He drew his sword and raised his shield, readying himself. The aura had vanished, but a certain heat could be seen, lingering from the sword.

_______

Announcer:

" oh and the heat is rising with this fight already! But let not your words fight, only your steel and will! Fight!"

______

Kazas jumped back and fluttered his wings. This sent him effectively 20 ft. Away from roto. He would size up the competition, before deciding how to deal with him... Or was he an it? The cig was still I'm his beak, and smoke came from his nostrils occasionally.

2l7vqa.jpg

@

Roto advanced on Kazas and began to swing at her. His attack were clumsy and unprecise. It seemed as if he wasn't putting his all into his attacks, almost like he was just putting on a show. He never came close to hitting his target.

Eventually, he clumsily exposed himself for attack in an off balance position; but before Kazas could attack, he said something that reasserted his control over the situation.

"I know about your griffon mother Kazas!" He said quietly. The message was clear. There was more at stake here than the match.

Snowstorm and Mason watched on in the crowd. Snowstorm had on a look of disgust.

"Roto always uses that dirty trick of his! It bores me," Snowstorm complained. "I find it completely lacking of taste or showmanship."

"Yes, but he always wins," Mason added. "That's the goal, remember?"

Edited by Literally Snails

@samurai equine

_____

Samurai smirks at Lorec's question. "Let's just say, I may be lonely in this foreign world, but I'm never alone. Being a samurai who has fought beside many a mighty warlord comes with certain... perks. You'll understand soon enough, I'm sure."

"Yes, that's right." Samurai Equine answers Syuren. "Interesting... I've heard of crops with healing properties, but I always thought it was just a fairy tale. But if there's any truth, then I wish your friend would have at least ate half a slice before going into the ring. Fighting someone with a handy cap is hardly fair..." Samurai says. As the battle starts, it looks like a warrior VS spell caster match. Usually, those are not good odds.

Samurai leans in closer. "...Did he just say 'Holy Fire'?"

@samurai equine

Lorec leaned in toward samurai equine.

____

Lorec:

" indeed. Kazas is the knight of pheonix lord ezerepth, of whom's element is fire and life. Legends say that the pheonix lords were not always the ones who presided over the element of life, but it was made so when an unknown species of primordial divine fell from grace. When the pheonix lords took on the mantle of life along with fire, they gained the ability to reincarnate from ash. At least, that's how the legend of the pheonix lords go. If it wasn't for the divine life aspect, no pheonix would reincarnate, and kazas would not have the power to heal..... Which apparently turns the fire into holy flame. Of course.... What makes kazas the strongest and most dangerous of us all, is the size of his soul. His family line of Azarith has been producing pheonix knights for centuries. All Azariths have been borne of a pheonix knight, and kazas is no exception. Alrahm, the second in command and the windigo monarch serro's chosen, has apparently theorized that when a child is born, both parents lose a very small piece of their soul to the child so that it may render the child into existence... Since the Azarith line passes down the power of the pheonix, their family line's souls keep getting bigger and stronger with every generation. This means that they have the largest pool of life force of any of the keepers. What is a handicap of energy for kazas would be a full tank for myself. We have nothing to worry about.... Unless his kind heart gets in the way, or he suddenly decides to be the second coming of the azure terror....."

_____

@literally snails

Kazas backed away, keeping his shield between himself and roto.

Kazas:

" what so you mean, you know of my mother? What is there to know?"

He kept his sword raised along with his shield, waiting for an answer.

2l7vqa.jpg

@samurai equine

Lorec leaned in toward samurai equine.

____

Lorec:

" indeed. Kazas is the knight of pheonix lord ezerepth, of whom's element is fire and life. Legends say that the pheonix lords were not always the ones who presided over the element of life, but it was made so when an unknown species of primordial divine fell from grace. When the pheonix lords took on the mantle of life along with fire, they gained the ability to reincarnate from ash. At least, that's how the legend of the pheonix lords go. If it wasn't for the divine life aspect, no pheonix would reincarnate, and kazas would not have the power to heal..... Which apparently turns the fire into holy flame. Of course.... What makes kazas the strongest and most dangerous of us all, is the size of his soul. His family line of Azarith has been producing pheonix knights for centuries. All Azariths have been borne of a pheonix knight, and kazas is no exception. Alrahm, the second in command and the windigo monarch serro's chosen, has apparently theorized that when a child is born, both parents lose a very small piece of their soul to the child so that it may render the child into existence... Since the Azarith line passes down the power of the pheonix, their family line's souls keep getting bigger and stronger with every generation. This means that they have the largest pool of life force of any of the keepers. What is a handicap of energy for kazas would be a full tank for myself. We have nothing to worry about.... Unless his kind heart gets in the way, or he suddenly decides to be the second coming of the azure terror....."

_____

@literally snails

Kazas backed away, keeping his shield between himself and roto.

Kazas:

" what so you mean, you know of my mother? What is there to know?"

He kept his sword raised along with his shield, waiting for an answer.

"A better question is, 'what do I not know?'" Roto corrected. "Where she lives, how often she meets with your sisters, her allergies... I'm sure you get the point. Of course, you don't need to worry about me! I'm nowhere near her, but what about the other three members of the Yokai Seven?" Roto telekinetically lifted a small remote with only one button out of his trench coat.

"Let's say, hypothetically, I have this button. And lets also say that my friend Oni has been stalking your mother for quite some time. Oni's not known for his self control, you see, and he's been rather anxious to rip off her head!" Roto paused and spoke in a lower tone. "Now let's say in this same purely hypothetical scenario, that if I where to press this button, it would send a signal to Oni telling him it was okay to act out his urges. How would you feel about that?"

The button was hovering a few inches away from Roto's chest. If Kazas tried to grab it, Roto would easily be able to press the button first. If Kazas tried to destroy it, there was no guarantee that it wouldn't be pressed first.

@@@Literally Snails,

After giving a rather piercing glance towards Syuren, he got up and, following everyone into the arena, walked over to Syuren, sitting down next to him. He winced as Roto made his declaration. "I'd like to see the button that can send a signal over a thousand miles by itsefl, considering that Equestria isn't that techologically advanced yet..." He murmured to himself as he watched, wondering what Kazas would do. He also smiled as he imagined the same tactic against him. That would be hilarious. 

I know about your father, Agririon, he would say.

Yeah, I do as well, he would respond,  but you are insane if you think you stand a chance against him.

They had exactly one weapon to use against him psychologically, and he kept it- or, rather, her- with him at all times. Paranoia getting to him a bit now, he lifted up one side of the wraithcloak, shielding what he was doing from the others, and looked at where he usually kept her. She was there- the shining soul of his only mortal lover. She had decided, as most are given the choice to, to forsake eternity to serve Death beyond their mortal endings, and she was rebuilt with the essence of a wraith, but the remnants of her mortal soul still remained. She had compressed them together, all of her, good and bad, and given it to him as a gift, all that time ago, to remember her by. And, as fate would have it, they had crossed again, this time to protect this realm by ensuring the safety of the elder ones, as well as the primary defenses of Equestria, forged long ago by the other shards of reality.

The gem sparkled and shined, and he smiled ever so slightly as he put the cloak down and smoothed it out, keeping his movements to be held without suspicion. He had learned to keep an eye on it, as he had learned the hard way before that there were thieves skilled enough to even steal from the inside of a wraithcloak, but, as he turned back, his expression hardened again, wondering what Kazas would do in this situation. He turned to Syuren. "What do you think?"

@magos ampharose @literally snails

Syuren looked at agririon, and had a worried look on his face.

_____

Syuren:

" man.... I don't know. Kaz is really attached to family and friends. Keeps him strong, ya know? Along side the element we rep, like how I'm wind, Lorec is earth, alrahm is ice, vorrin is darkness.... Kaz's elemental powers are in tune with certain emotions. He relies on faith and forgiveness and all of that stuff. I rely on gettin' back up and never qutting and confidence. When one of these emotions gets played, we start to not fight as well with our crazy awesome powers and such. Shit is about to hit the fan real quick if something ain't done.."

_________

Kazas was worried. He lowered his shield and stood there, with a worried yet angry look on his face.

____

Kazas:

What... Do you mean? Why you cheap little...."

Edited by Dirge of souls
  • Brohoof 2

2l7vqa.jpg

@

"You know exactly what it means, Kazas," Roto said smuggly. He started to walk toward Kazas with the button close to his chest. "I press the button, she dies... I know what you're probably thinking. 'What if I can quickly snatch away that button of his?' Then again, what if you can't? Are you willing to risk your mother's life on that?"

Snowstorm continued to make disapproving remarks. "This is the part that always makes me worried. He's more interested in playing with his opponent's feelings than winning. He's giving him time to think of a way out! If Roto was smart, he would drop the act now and strike while victory is still guaranteed."

Roto stepped a little closer to Kazas and readied his blade. "Don't think for one second that I won't press the button." He said, "I want you to stand perfectly still and let me hit you as I please! Since you really care about her, you have no choice."

@literally snails

Kazas threw away his shield. He was going to give in. Albeit, for a while. A plan formed in his head. Ezerepth, the great pheonix spoke into his mind. He would use their mental connection as a silent form of communication.

______

Ezerepth:

' he has you... Unless you disobey your own order. It's the only way. Close your eye, and breath lightly. We need to preform a silent soul infusion. Taketh me into your body. I will snake up the back of your claw, and enter your being. Toss your sword away afterwards, but take off your armor as the soul infusion takes place. Further distract him with talk. Do it now.

______

Kazas:

'...very well..... May the creator please let this work....'

________

Kazas stepped back, partially hiding the sword behind him. He unstrapped his armor, and started to toss it away... First, the shoulder pads. Kazas kept his eye closed, that way, roto could not see the red-orange glint as kazas took ezerepth into his body. Ezerepth's soul snaked up kazas's arm, as planned. It was done at an angle that roto could not see.

" you.... You're as dishonorable as they come.... at least your boss, mason, would have the courage to fight me fairly... I guess this is why he's in charge and you are not. You know that you are weak. And someday...... I'll prove it."

He kept taking off his armor. Next, came the chest piece. Then the leg armor. Ezerepth had finished the soul infusion as kazas had finished talking. He could now throw away his sword. He tossed it far behind him, and took off the rest of his armor. He then fail on his hind knees, and opened his eye. No sign of the infusion. Good..... He stared down roto, and spread his claws out to the side.

" do what you please...... But know that the all-maker is with me. And he protects all of his faithful."

2l7vqa.jpg

@@@Literally Snails,

"Yes, he certainly does, Kazas..." Agririon sighed under his breath. He looked at him- his posture, he looked like he wanted to strike, but self control held him back. Yet there was something...  something.

Agririon smirked. "Look at his positioning, though," he commented, lowering his voice, despite it already being obscured by the mixed emotions of the crowd. "He obviously has a back up plan. Tell me- I am unfamiliar with the mechanics of a soul infusion- does it have to be as obnoxious as you did it? And does it continue to function after the weapon that once contained the soul is out of the possession of the wielder? If both of those are yes, that could be a nasty surprise indeed for our dear... friend."

@magos ampharose

Syuren kept his eyes on the fight, but spoke to agririon

___

Syuren:

" well, you can be sneaky about it, if ya wanna look like a punk. I perfer to strut my stuff. and ya don't really need the weapon anymore after it's done. Hell, when the soul is in you, ya might as well consider yourself the weapon. Back in our scrap, I using wind to speed up even more. You can keep the soul in your body for like...... An hour, maybe two, without using any power. But like you learned, it takes one hell of a toll on our bodies. Kazas has the big soul, though, so he has more life energy and that means he can have the soul in his body the longest...... Why do as-"

Syuren looked at agririon.

" oh hot damn.... I'm picking up what you're putting down."

Syuren said with a smile.

2l7vqa.jpg

Samurai sat back and listened as Lorec explained the Holy Fire and Kazas' situation, nodding quietly.

When the fight gets underhanded with Roto's gambit, Samurai grows cold. "It's not easy..." As he speaks, Samurai reminds some dark memories of what he had to go through to get here; holding onto dying ponies as they beg with their last breaths, fighting enemies in fits of rage, taking in the sight of civil war. "Very few can cast aside the things they once loved for the greater good. It can make you stronger than anyone else, but even if such power doesn't corrupt you, it can still leave you feeling hollow and jaded inside." From where he sits, only Lorec and maybe Syuren can see a passing tear fall out of the corner of Samurai's eye.

Samurai is just about to leave, unable to watch a match with someone playing this unfairly. However, when Soul Infusion and backup plans are mentioned, Samurai stays and watches after all. Curiosity got the better of him.

@literally snails

Kazas threw away his shield. He was going to give in. Albeit, for a while. A plan formed in his head. Ezerepth, the great pheonix spoke into his mind. He would use their mental connection as a silent form of communication.

______

Ezerepth:

' he has you... Unless you disobey your own order. It's the only way. Close your eye, and breath lightly. We need to preform a silent soul infusion. Taketh me into your body. I will snake up the back of your claw, and enter your being. Toss your sword away afterwards, but take off your armor as the soul infusion takes place. Further distract him with talk. Do it now.

______

Kazas:

'...very well..... May the creator please let this work....'

________

Kazas stepped back, partially hiding the sword behind him. He unstrapped his armor, and started to toss it away... First, the shoulder pads. Kazas kept his eye closed, that way, roto could not see the red-orange glint as kazas took ezerepth into his body. Ezerepth's soul snaked up kazas's arm, as planned. It was done at an angle that roto could not see.

" you.... You're as dishonorable as they come.... at least your boss, mason, would have the courage to fight me fairly... I guess this is why he's in charge and you are not. You know that you are weak. And someday...... I'll prove it."

He kept taking off his armor. Next, came the chest piece. Then the leg armor. Ezerepth had finished the soul infusion as kazas had finished talking. He could now throw away his sword. He tossed it far behind him, and took off the rest of his armor. He then fail on his hind knees, and opened his eye. No sign of the infusion. Good..... He stared down roto, and spread his claws out to the side.

" do what you please...... But know that the all-maker is with me. And he protects all of his faithful."

Roto started to smile like a kid in a candy shop when Kazas removed his armor and weapon, but his smile turned to a frustrated frown when he heard all of Kazas' righteous talk.

"DON'T ACT LIKE YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME!" He barked before he quickly sliced the fine tip of his blade into Kazas' chest, making a small, but painful cut. "You aren't any better than us, and I'll prove it! You just had the good fortune of being born as a pretty bird!"

Some of the audience became confused, but were casually ignored.

"What's even happening in there? He's just letting him hit him!"

"Roto's got him under some kind of mind control, man! This is awesome!"

"It's boring!"

"Can Roto even do that?"

Roto touched the side of his blade to Kazas' cheek and gritted his teeth in frustration. "You equines and griffons always act like you're some better creation! Well look at you now! You're all just so simple! Show them a pretty girl and they get happy. Take her away and they get upset. Tell them you'll kill their mother, and they'll do whatever you want them to to save her." He started to make a tiny cut into Kazas' cheek, but quickly stopped and cried out in anger, "It's that look! After all this, you still have that look like you're superior to me... I SAID WIPE THAT LOOK OFF YOUR FACE!"

Roto jerked his blade violently, casing a long gash in the center of Kazas' right cheek. He stepped back and waved the button. "But it doesn't matter. I'm the one with the power now!" He removed the boot on his right hind leg and presented it to Kazas. "One last think before this is over. I would like you to lick the scum off my boot. I just can't seem to keep it clean." He licked Kazas' blood off his blade. "After that, I will slice a vein on your neck and let you bleed out until you lose consciousness. It will be nonlethal, I promise. Then I will spare your whore mother's life and we can all be happy."

@literally snails.

Kazas sat there on his hind knees, claws still spread out, bleeding from his chest and face. It seemed like defeat was eminent... But kazas was smiling. He spoke.

___

Kazas:

" you lose."

_______

Suddenly, a maelstorm of fire engulfed his body, surprising roto. He quickly got off of his hind knees, and charged at roto. It had all been a part of the plan. Lose the armor to make himself lighter. Draw roto in and take advantage of his sadistic side to make him come in close.

Make sure he had the switch out, and checkmate. With the soul of ezerepth in him, there was the element of surprise, and he was sure going to take it.

He clawed at roto's face with one claw, ignited by holy flame. It wouldn't leave a permanent mark, but considering roto was a demon, it would feel like the flames of Tartarus had come to claim his twisted, immoral soul. Kazas, with his other claw, swiped at the switch, successfully snatching it. He threw it away, into the crowd. The switch landed near agririon and syuren.

" Agririon! Please dispose of that carefully! I've got business to attend to..."

As roto reeled backward, kazas planted his left claw deep into the demon's head skin. He made sure to pump his energy into his claw, putting roto in extreme pain. No demon would have their way with kazas's family and get away with it.

" now.... What was that about my mother being a whore? I don't think I heard you correctly.... Care to set the record straight while we take a little.... Trip?"

Kazas was using ezerepth's soul to pump energy into his muscles, while keeping his claw full of holy flame, just for roto. He then took off flying,dragging roto with him. He pumped more holy fire into his claw, making sure to keep roto's mind on the pain. Kazas wanted roto to feel fear.... Maybe then, he could develope a bit of sympathy. They reached greater heights, eventually reaching the clouds. They were accelerating at a fast rate. " if you even try to cut me, I'll drop you. And I don't think you'll survive a fall from these heights. It'll be an accident of your own fault! Now... Would you like to make a correction about my mother?!? If you do, and I think you mean it, I MIGHT let you down!"

• Brohoof 1

2l7vqa.jpg

@@@Literally Snails,

Agririon couldn't hold it anymore. He burst out laughing.

"Ahahahaha! Eat your own words, spawn of- eh, what's this?"

Looking down, he noticed the button. Picking it up, he looked at it for a bit before turning it around and doing the same. Smiling ever-so-slightly, he stuck it inside of his cloak, where the ambient lower temperature would freeze the wires, preventing it from triggering even if the button was pressed- it would be too cold for the electrical charge to enter the wire.

And then he brought his attention skyward, and continued cheering. And laughing. And even more cheering.

• Brohoof 1

@literally snails.

Kazas sat there on his hind knees, claws still spread out, bleeding from his chest and face. It seemed like defeat was eminent... But kazas was smiling. He spoke.

___

Kazas:

" you lose."

_______

Suddenly, a maelstorm of fire engulfed his body, surprising roto. He quickly got off of his hind knees, and charged at roto. It had all been a part of the plan. Lose the armor to make himself lighter. Draw roto in and take advantage of his sadistic side to make him come in close.

Make sure he had the switch out, and checkmate. With the soul of ezerepth in him, there was the element of surprise, and he was sure going to take it.

He clawed at roto's face with one claw, ignited by holy flame. It wouldn't leave a permanent mark, but considering roto was a demon, it would feel like the flames of Tartarus had come to claim his twisted, immoral soul. Kazas, with his other claw, swiped at the switch, successfully snatching it. He threw it away, into the crowd. The switch landed near agririon and syuren.

" Agririon! Please dispose of that carefully! I've got business to attend to..."

As roto reeled backward, kazas planted his left claw deep into the demon's head skin. He made sure to pump his energy into his claw, putting roto in extreme pain. No demon would have their way with kazas's family and get away with it.

" now.... What was that about my mother being a whore? I don't think I heard you correctly.... Care to set the record straight while we take a little.... Trip?"

Kazas was using ezerepth's soul to pump energy into his muscles, while keeping his claw full of holy flame, just for roto. He then took off flying,dragging roto with him. He pumped more holy fire into his claw, making sure to keep roto's mind on the pain. Kazas wanted roto to feel fear.... Maybe then, he could develope a bit of sympathy. They reached greater heights, eventually reaching the clouds. They were accelerating at a fast rate. " if you even try to cut me, I'll drop you. And I don't think you'll survive a fall from these heights. It'll be an accident of your own fault! Now... Would you like to make a correction about my mother?!? If you do, and I think you mean it, I MIGHT let you down!"

Roto's mighty ego quickly faded with the loss of his advantage. His body was rattled with searing pain as he dangled in the air. There was only one thing he could do to survive. He retracted his unnatural blade back into his flesh and began to beg.

"WAIT!" He pleaded, "I wasn't actually going to press the button, I swear! I would never hurt your mother! Never! I... I didn't mean what I said! I don't even remember what I said! It was all in the heat of the moment! I just got carried away! I'm just a lower class! I don't know any better! You believe in mercy, don't you?"

• Brohoof 1

@literally snails

Kazas merely smiled and spoke calmly, albeit in a foreboding manner of what was to come.

___

Kazas:

" sure you did. Let me ask you.... How many innocents have you slaughtered in cold blood? How many did you extort as you attempted to do so with me? Because I can feel them, roto... As I fly up, my claw dug into your thick skull, I can feel your very soul.... The stains of your murders.... The cries, the pleas, and the begging of your victims... I may have done terrible and irrefutable things during the reunification war of the griffon empire, but I can say that I never slaughtered an unarmed and innocent being... The same can't be said for you... I'm not going to kill you, even if every fiber of my being demands it.... But I swear that I'm going to make you feel the pain of those you've killed. May the creator have mercy on thy soul.... Because I won't!"

Kazas started pumping even more energy into roto's skull. He could only imagine the effect it was having on roto. He turned his body, digging his claw even deeper into roto's skin, and began a dive bomb downward towards the arena. He channeled power throughout his entire being. His feathers started to turn pure crimson. Fire started to envelope around himself and roto, making it appear to the crowd that a meteorite was going to smack into the middle of the arena. With roto in his claw, he thrust roto forward. He was going to slam him into the arena. He was of course going to slow down before impact as not to kill him, but all the same... He wanted him to burn. His eye was glowing pure red.

" feel their pain, roto. Feel their fear. And tell your master what you felt... And that if he wishes to kill me.... He will know that same fear. And I won't go easy on him like I have you."

________

@samurai equine

Lorec looked concernd for samurai equine, from who he had seen a tear shed.

___

Lorec:

" samurai.... Why do you cry, did this evoke something in you.... Because if you look closely.... You can see that this will have a happier ending than you think."

Lorec said smiling, pointing towards the sky.

@magos ampharose

_______

Syuren got up and cheered.

___

Syuren:

" agririon! You gotta watch this! He's about to do the freakin Kaz bomb! But.... Before it hits and we get all excited... I just wanna say thanks for returning that old photo... Means alot, ya know? And also, I'm.... Sorry.... If I acted like a jerkwad before getting my brains bashed in.... We cool?"

• Brohoof 1

2l7vqa.jpg

Samurai is practically speechless as he watches the event. He definitely can't sit down any more. He HAS to stand for this! Agririon was quick to catch the remote. If it had fallen to him, he would have gladly destroyed the device for Kazas, but for now he'll trust Agririon, though he does keep a sharp eye out. But that can wait. The battle is intensifying as Kazas takes Roto to the skies and dive bombs down at terminal velocity! "I just can't believe it... That old griffin did it! He pulled it off! KAZAS-SAN, IKE!!! (Basically: Go Kazas!)" Wow. Cheering for someone. That must be the most energetic and spirited Samurai has been so far since he came to this tournament.

• Brohoof 1

@literally snails

Kazas merely smiled and spoke calmly, albeit in a foreboding manner of what was to come.

___

Kazas:

" sure you did. Let me ask you.... How many innocents have you slaughtered in cold blood? How many did you extort as you attempted to do so with me? Because I can feel them, roto... As I fly up, my claw dug into your thick skull, I can feel your very soul.... The stains of your murders.... The cries, the pleas, and the begging of your victims... I may have done terrible and irrefutable things during the reunification war of the griffon empire, but I can say that I never slaughtered an unarmed and innocent being... The same can't be said for you... I'm not going to kill you, even if every fiber of my being demands it.... But I swear that I'm going to make you feel the pain of those you've killed. May the creator have mercy on thy soul.... Because I won't!"

Kazas started pumping even more energy into roto's skull. He could only imagine the effect it was having on roto. He turned his body, digging his claw even deeper into roto's skin, and began a dive bomb downward towards the arena. He channeled power throughout his entire being. His feathers started to turn pure crimson. Fire started to envelope around himself and roto, making it appear to the crowd that a meteorite was going to smack into the middle of the arena. With roto in his claw, he thrust roto forward. He was going to slam him into the arena. He was of course going to slow down before impact as not to kill him, but all the same... He wanted him to burn. His eye was glowing pure red.

" feel their pain, roto. Feel their fear. And tell your master what you felt... And that if he wishes to kill me.... He will know that same fear. And I won't go easy on him like I have you."

"He thinks he can intimidate us," Snowstorm said in a low tone.

Mason looked on with a wild look in his eye. He didn't seem concerned for Roto's life at all. He was entertained and... happy? He started to laugh hysterically. This easily set him apart from the rest of the crowd as he was certainly the only one who was laughing. "Keep going!" He cheered, "Finish it, boy! Remember what he said!"

• Brohoof 1