Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Young love blossoms

dusk shade

The Crystal Empire had returned and was now under the peaceful rule of Princess Cadence. The young son of Sombra had left to travel and make an honest attempt to leave his past behind. He found himself wandering Canterlot looking for some lunch before tripping over the tail of a white filly he hadn't noticed as he was wandering.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/110892-young-love-blossoms/

Edited by Dusk Shade

Silver Belle was just finished paying for her lunch at a vendor, when she felt somepony stepping on her tail.

Silver: "Ouch!"

She exclaimed, almost dropping her food. She turned around and saw the pony who had stumbled on her tail. She cautiously asked,

"Oh, um... are you okay?"

not wanting to just simply ignore him.

Rampart stood back up and hopes the shaded glasses he was wearing would hide the greenish-purple smoke emananating from his eyes since it was rather faint and difficult to see. He brushed himself off and nodded.

"Yeah, yeah...I'm fine. Just wasn't looking where I was going. Totally my fault and I apologize",

he said n his slightly gravelly voice.

"Oh yeah. Figure you should know my name so can file a report to the guards..Rampart Charger",

he joked.

((OOC: Sorry, I can't think of much to say at the moment. Just trying to think like a different character.))

"Uh, okay."

She just ignored the joke. She felt a little bit unsettled by him, but she also told him her name.

"I'm Silver Belle."

Then she remembered her food and awkwardly started to excuse herself.

"Uh, well, since you are alright, I'm just going to go, uh, sit down over here and eat my lunch. Like I was going to..."

((OOC: Sorry, I can't think of much to say at the moment. Just trying to think like a different character.))

"Uh, okay."

She just ignored the joke. She felt a little bit unsettled by him, but she also told him her name.

"I'm Silver Belle."

Then she remembered her food and awkwardly started to excuse herself.

"Uh, well, since you are alright, I'm just going to go, uh, sit down over here and eat my lunch. Like I was going to..."

"Right then. Have a nice lunch",

Rampart said before remembering he had been looking for a place to eat and ordered some food from the vender.

"Quill, compass, map... no.....there's my bits....at the bottom, of course",

he said before pulling his bits out and paying for his food and went to a nearby fountain to eat his food. Being a crystal pony, his skin had a sparkly look in the sun that reflected into the fountain.

Edited by Dusk Shade

((I honestly didn't catch that he was a crystal pony till now))

Silver had finished her sandwich when light from somewhere, flashed in her eyes. Blocking it with her hoof, she looked in the direction it came from, to see what suddenly caused it. It was coming from Rampart? He had seated himself on a nearby fountain, and he was reflecting the sunlight. His coat appeared to be crystalline. She didn't notice before when he was out of the sun. She seemed to remember something about crystal ponies in school, but weren't they all gone? 

Normally she wouldn't approach anypony on her own, but she was curious. She slowly walked up and asked.

"Uh, E-Excuse me, but, why is your coat all...crystaly?"

Rampart looked at the filly questioning him about his coat which he found slightly odd since the crystal empire had after all returned but then again, most ponies still weren't wholly familiar with crystal ponies.

"Um..I'm gonna go on a limb and guess you've never met a crystal pony before....since it's most likely you'd understand my coat otherwise",

he said putting his food to the side to talk to Silver Belle.

Edited by Dusk Shade

((The way you did the first post, it sounded like that just happened. Also I'm assuming that Silver is a filly, like I think you said))

"Well, I... have hardly even heard of the crystal ponies. let alone seen one."

She pulled a chair up to listen. Being a young filly, nopony really thought to tell her about the Crystal Empire returning.

((Yes it happened recently and she is a filly do you thought right. My confusing way of wording this caused by my trying to figure out to work this part of the fanfiction and it is slightly confusing to me even)).

"Well, as the name suggests, Crystal Ponies are ponies from the Crystal Empire. The Crystal Empire was once ruled by a unicorn who had been corrupted by dark magic and eventually enslaved the Empire. The entire Empire vanished for more than a few years to say the least. And now that the Empire has returned, Princess Cadence rules over the Empire and now I'm just traveling, trying to see how much Equestria has changed since we more or less disappeared,

he explained.

Edited by Dusk Shade

She listened to his story, it sounded very interesting. But how did somepony make an entire kingdom just vanish? She wondered where the entire empire went to, or more importantly, where all those ponies went.

"That sounds scary. Where did everypony go when it disappeared?"

She inquired.

He just shrugged at her question.

"We dussapeared with it. Every Crystal Pony dissspeared with the Empire. And even in our absence, King Sombra ruled over his slaves with an iron hoof. Most of the pony don't even remember the time before he changed",

he said quietly before taking a sip of his drink.

Edited by Dusk Shade

"Oh. Sombra sounds like a really bad pony"

She replied.

"Well, at least it sounds like everything is back to normal now, I mean, everypony is happy now right?"

She asked hopefully. She had seen Princess Cadence before, and she seemed like she was a very nice pony.

Edited by Pat.Rio.T.

"Yeah....I guess most ponies are pretty happy, sure. I mean...they've got a ruler who wont imprison them so I guess that would make them happy",

he replied almost monotone like he had rehearsed the reply. He was probably one of the only ponies not happy that Cadence was in charge, not that he had anything against her. Just most Crystal Ponies hated him for who he was which was the real reason he left...to get away from everypony's hate.

"You don't sound very convinced that they are happy."

She said. It seemed obvious by the way he had said it, that he didn't really feel that way, even if it was true. He wasn't exactly the most cheerful pony though.

"Don't you like Princess Cadence?"

She asked curiously.

"Yeah...Cadence is fine...I don't mind her...she doesn't like me....most ponies don't. Not that I particularly blame them. Its not like they don't have any reason to",

he answered hoping to end the conversation about Cadence but realizing too late what he had said would bring questions about him in particular.

Silver inevitably questioned his statement.

"Why? What's wrong with you? You look...fine to me. And how would you know that the princess doesn't like you, have you actually met her?

She hadn't actually met the princess personally yet, though she had seen her before.

"Yeah...I've met her. At my father's castle. And I shouldn't look fine...I mean...I have smoke pouring from my eyes",

he said removing the glasses to show the shadow's magic overflow which was what the smoke was.

"When you're the son of an evil king who enslaves an entire kingdom, it's easy for ponies to hate you".

He wasn't sure why he telling her this but he didn't see how it could cause him any more other than maybe having to leave Canterlot early to escape the Royal Guard since he basically had a monster living inside his mind.

"AH!"

Silver practically fell backwards out of her chair when he removed his glasses.

"W-What is that stuff?"

She stammered, having been startled by the smoke emanating from his eyes.

"You're the son of...King Sombra?!"

She didn't even know that Sombra had a son.

"Well lets see.....I have the exact same shadow magic demon thing he did....my eyes look exactly the same as his did....almost every Crystal Ponies wishes I had never been born....but, no I can't be his son. Oh. wait....what's this....a family portrait with who on it but....King Sombra",

He replied much more rudely and spitefully than he had intended.

"Sorry to ruin your day but you are chatting with the son of the King of Evil right now".

Silver was kind of scared right now. She didn't know what to think or do at this point. But he hasn't done anything bad yet. She leaned forward slightly.

"Should I be scared of you? Why would you tell me all that?"

She asked.

"You could have just told me to leave you alone."

"Why would I tell you? Because I'm not evil. J

And if i was there would be nothing you could to stop me anyway. But my point is that just because you are born to evil does not me you a villain like everypony seems to think. But even when I explain all that most ponies insist on fearing me anyway and I'm not gonna tell you to leave me alone. Most ponies just avoid me of their own accord",

he replied drinking a bit more of his milkshake.

Edited by Dusk Shade

Silver was still trying to process it all in her mind. But given how he had been acting ever since he'd run into her, he seemed to be just like any other normal colt. Not making eye contact, she quietly spoke again.

"Well... uh... If it makes any difference... I don't think you're...evil..."

"It really doesn't to be honest. Think of it in my perspective. What good does it do me if one little filly doesn't think that I'm not evil in the big picture? Sorry....I should be being more courteous since you are actually choosing to continue talking to me. The point is though, I'm thankful to find somepony who might at least half believe I'm nit some monster",

he said actually a bit glad he had come here today.

"Well... maybe it might help a little bit, if you weren't so grumpy to other ponies. But surely I'm not the only pony who thinks this way. I mean you have to have some friends, family, right?"

It seemed unlikely that she would really be the only pony he ever had even close to a friend.

My family is King Sombra. My friends are Mirrorquake. Those are the only ponies I have ever been close to",

he said acknowledging he was still being grumpy.

"But they don't count. One was banished and the other is dimwitted and clueless...so that's why I said it like that...your pretty much the first who isn't family or a brainless brute who sees me as a pony and not a demon".