Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Voldemort vs Twilight Sparkle

Hive King

@,

Spike choked the Timberwolf with a rock, yet Twilight is too scared to even try? You can't pull the violence excuse here, Spike kills it.

And Twilight needed Cadence's help to move the boulder to block the Tatzlworm

@,

Spike choked the Timberwolf with a rock, yet Twilight is too scared to even try? You can't pull the violence excuse here, Spike kills it.

And Twilight needed Cadence's help to move the boulder to block the Tatzlworm

Spike discovered it by accident...

And that was after she carried Discord to the other side of Equestria, and it's still above wall level.

Also, nitpicking. We've already established Twilight's baseline is above that level, you can add as many low end feats as you want, and it won't really change that idea. If you don't have anything to contribute that suggests Voldemort's powerful enough to hurt someone in her damage class(just starting with building level), we're done here.

• Brohoof 1

@,

How does one establish her base line when her limits change in every episode? And damage class hardly matters when the spell just insta-kills you. Twilight's shield can probably hold it but her physical body can't. 

@,

How does one establish her base line when her limits change in every episode? And damage class hardly matters when the spell just insta-kills you. Twilight's shield can probably hold it but her physical body can't. 

Take the high ends, and avoid any obvious outliers, like we do with any other characters. Twilight planetbusting under normal conditions would be a high outlier, and can't be taken seriously, unless she did it consistently. Her being hurt from falling or rocks would be a low outlier, and can't be taken seriously.  When you do that, Twilight when she's serious is fairly consistent. I recommend you watch some of the episodes over again if you don't see it.

And I already went over Harry Potter spells having depth of penetration issues in my first post. Avarda Kedavra fails because it can't penetrate past wall level durability.

Take the high ends, and avoid any obvious outliers, like we do with any other characters. Twilight planetbusting under normal conditions would be a high outlier, and can't be taken seriously, unless she did it consistently. Her being hurt from falling or rocks would be a low outlier, and can't be taken seriously.  When you do that, Twilight when she's serious is fairly consistent. I recommend you watch some of the episodes over again if you don't see it.

And I already went over Harry Potter spells having depth of penetration issues in my first post. Avarda Kedavra fails because it can't penetrate past wall level durability.

You then have to into details as to how Avada Kedavra works. If it stops the instant it hits a solid before tearing out the soul, then even a piece of paper could save you. If it's like a bullet, then you'd need something of a certain thickness. We don't know how Avada Kedavra kills

You then have to into details as to how Avada Kedavra works. If it stops the instant it hits a solid before tearing out the soul, then even a piece of paper could save you. If it's like a bullet, then you'd need something of a certain thickness. We don't know how Avada Kedavra kills

It goes through clothes, but not anything thicker than a headstone, that's a pretty good baseline. We also know that spells can be blocked by living objects if they're tough enough, since giants(including Hagrid) are immune to stun spells unless combined to bypass their durability. One doesn't need armor to resist the effect of a spell.

Also, we don't know how Avada kedavra kills, so unless it was specified, it doesn't tear out your soul.

It goes through clothes, but not anything thicker than a headstone, that's a pretty good baseline

I don't remember if that was movie only or not

We also know that spells can be blocked by living objects if they're tough enough, since giants(including Hagrid) are immune to stun spells unless combined to bypass their durability. One doesn't need armor to resist the effect of a spell.

True, but Twilight's physical form is rather squishy, owing to being a book worm who hardly exercises, see her time in the Running of the Leaves

Also, we don't know how Avada kedavra kills, so unless it was specified, it doesn't tear out your soul.

How does it kill then? It leaves no marks 

I don't remember if that was movie only or not

True, but Twilight's physical form is rather squishy, owing to being a book worm who hardly exercises, see her time in the Running of the Leaves

How does it kill then? It leaves no marks 

I'd like to think i've provided enough evidence that testifies to the fact regardless. Avarda Kedavra has never gone through anything more durable than a wall without dissipating. Burden of proof's on you now.

Doesn't matter what something looks like, she's already taken more than enough force to crush to prove that false.

We don't know, so we can't assume we know. That's how it works.

Edited by Shimmer5000