Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Princess Twilight Sparkle's Horn

MelodyVonHarp

Hello Everypony! The topic I'm going to start in this forum is about Princess Twilight Sparkle's Horn. I know for some that might be odd. Some might ask why? What's wrong with it? Well nothing is wrong I've just noticed in season 4 Twilight's horn has little by little gotten bigger in the episodes for this season. 

How do I know this? It's because Twilight's horn is getting longer than Rarity's. My guess is that Twilight as she progresses through out  the seasons she will gain more of the alicorn physical traits. For example, maybe the misty hair like Tia and Luna, the long slender legs, or the long horn.

Please feel free to say anything you want. Hopefully my theory is right.  :derp:

How do I know this? It's because Twilight's horn is getting longer than Rarity's.

HEY.

HEY.

SIZE DOESN'T MATTER.

:lol:

Actually...I haven't seen anything of the sort. Twilight's horn still looks as long as Rarity's to me.

Official pics from the show, for comparison's sake?

• Brohoof 2

If that theory were true, I wouldn't want her to get to Celestia's or Luna's proportions, She'd look too out of place among her friends. But maybe a longer horn, longer neck?

I've been noticing this too, but perhaps it's just me. I'd think that the animators had just redesigned her so that she was slightly taller/more regal. I don't think that they'd be making her grow more that she is.

EDIT: Hang on, I think I just found another thread like this.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/65816-did-twilight-and-her-horn-grow/

Edited by FlutterShay
  • Brohoof 1

Hello Everypony! The topic I'm going to start in this forum is about Princess Twilight Sparkle's Horn. I know for some that might be odd. Some might ask why? What's wrong with it? Well nothing is wrong I've just noticed in season 4 Twilight's horn has little by little gotten bigger in the episodes for this season. 

How do I know this? It's because Twilight's horn is getting longer than Rarity's. My guess is that Twilight as she progresses through out  the seasons she will gain more of the alicorn physical traits. For example, maybe the misty hair like Tia and Luna, the long slender legs, or the long horn.

Please feel free to say anything you want. Hopefully my theory is right.  :derp:

Because that is completely logical, it's also nothing more than overreaching where one should not  :okiedokielokie: Just kidding  :lol:

Personally, I have no idea how to feel about Twilight's appearance progressing to that point  :yay:

To be honest, I don't see her growing more than the size of Cadance. As for the misty mane, hopefully not in this season. To me, the only reason that Tia and Luna's are like that is because they are immortal...to a point.

As of right now, I group Twilie and Cadance in the same group as a Teir-2 Princess and will age normally.

• Brohoof 1

That is true that Tia and Luna are immortal, and Twilight will I bet not be. But her aging process might slow down. 

nah i'm fairly sure its been stated somewhere that Twilight will not outlive her friends :)

I noticed that Twilight's horn looked bigger in S4 Ep4 but no pony believed me so I just ignored it XD guess I was right :3

• Brohoof 1

nah i'm fairly sure its been stated somewhere that Twilight will not outlive her friends :)

I noticed that Twilight's horn looked bigger in S4 Ep4 but no pony believed me so I just ignored it XD guess I was right :3

Yeah, I went back and watched the episode for the face

492304__safe_solo_rainbowdash_animated_m

And noticed that her horn had grown a bit longer  :comeatus:

Edited by Octavia's Melody

Somebody did a comparative analysis and it did seem to show, prove, that she is in fact larger. I have no problem with it, and I actually think she looks better. The fact that Luna was the same size in the past, seems to suggest that Celestia is unique and Twilight will likely only grow to Cadence/Luna's height, if that.

Edited by Nature's Spell

The fact that Luna was the same size in the past, seems to suggest that Celestia is unique and Twilight will likely only grow to Cadence/Luna's height, if that.

This was only because Luna was banished and I bet her aging process was kept at a halt and another reason Luna is smaller than Tia is shes younger. But you never know because its up to the makers.  ;)  

This was only because Luna was banished and I bet her aging process was kept at a halt and another reason Luna is smaller than Tia is shes younger. But you never know because its up to the makers. ;)

But she wasn't banished when we saw her in S4 1&2. :) Celestia and Luna looked exactly the same pre and post banishment. It's true she is younger, but I don't think age matters. My theory is that Celestia is bigger because she is, in essence, the sun goodess and stars are a heck of a lot bigger than a moon. This connection with the sun and moon also create their wavy manes. Edited by Nature's Spell

You mean this ?

640px-Twilight_levitating_tray_of_cupcak

Yeah it is noticeably bigger :D.

But seriously, you're right, here you can see that it is a little longer.

Main_ponies_find_A.K._Yearling%27s_house

Apparently, her body slowly begins to change, it will be interesting how she will look like at the end of the season.

Nice finding, this is barely noticeable. :)

• 9 months later...

That is true that Tia and Luna are immortal, and Twilight will I bet not be. But her aging process might slow down. 

no, they're not immortal. As alicorns, they just have a different aging process than earth/ pegasi/ unicorn ponies, but they're not immortal.

• 9 years later...

To all of u guys on season 9 the last episode u can see twilight is the same size as celestia and she’s rulling equestria exactly like her so I guess that was just her growing as an alicorn 

Oh great, I didn't even realize her horn slowly grew when she became an alicorn. Whenever I get around to rewatching the show again in the future, I'm gonna have to pay more attention :blink:

Such an interesting detail!

• 2 months later...
On 2014-09-17 at 1:28 AM, ManaMinori said:

no, they're not immortal. As alicorns, they just have a different aging process than earth/ pegasi/ unicorn ponies, but they're not immortal.

All Alicorns are immortal, they always have and always will be.