Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open When hearts grow cold. Chapter one: Shadows fall [RP]

Scribblegroove

Wish Scribe.

The luxury of the locomotive probably would have impressed Wish more had she a greater understanding of such things. To her it just looked line any other 'fancy place' that she might have seen before - undoubtably nice and interesting, but the true value was list on her. As things were, she was alternating between being preoccupied by her own thoughts and distracted by the occasional gaudy decoration that piqued her curiosity.

Wandering up the carriage, she briefly wondered if this was such a good idea: the last story she had heard regarding someone on this line. This might well end in the same way, with her simply vanishing off the map herself...

'Oh, hey! Thats thing's shiny!'

Her doubts didn't last particularly long.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@@RunsWithSquirlz @ @@Driz @@PathfinderCS @ @@Scribblegroove

@@IridscentNionios

Wanderlust was feeling considerably refreshed, a bit of time spent talking and looking at the royal 'supplies' then he had actually napped in a guest room of the castle until the time had come to meet at the station. He'd never been in a more comfortable bed, he swore it had to have been magic to adjust perfectly for it's occupants. He still yawned a little as the nap hadn't been long but at least it was something.

Adrenaline banished the last of his daze though as he looked that the marvel of a machine they would be traveling in. He'd seen trains before in his travels, their tracks where sometimes good shortcuts, but never on as elegant with beautiful curves and designs as this one. He had never traveled on a train either, he'd always considered the journey as important as the destination, but then again he'd never been in a real rush before either. So understandably he was excited and anxious about it.

There was no time to waste sitting here at the station though, all the others were just busy staring at the train themselves. They needed to be told twice to get on board? Maybe a bit of motivation and this was a great opportunity to see if his companions were stick in the mud serious all the time. He galloped past the others onto the train calling to them, "What are you waiting for?! Last one to find the dinning car hoofs the bill!" Sure, the royals were certainly picking up the bills and it wouldn't really matter but he was more curious who would play along, given the grandness of the train dinner was practically guaranteed to of had a hades of a bill riding on it.

Whisper arrived at the train station just in time to hear the tail end of Crowley's speech. His grim warning made her smile. She was not one to take needless risks, but she often found herself fighting for her own life. This is why she was here, to fight and to protect. To conquer the shadows or be consumed by them. She simply watched silently as Crowley finished and flew away. 

She then approached the group, her appearance only barely resembling the pony that left the castle moments ago. A silver-grey dress clung tightly to her body and swirled around her neck and legs in a simple but elegant pattern. the material swayed gently as Whisper moved, glimmering brightly as it caught the light. Almost as if it were made from diamond. Her black mane radiated light as it cascaded down her neck and curled about the top of the dress. A simple black leather saddlebag hung from her side.

@@Torrent505

Whisper couldn't help but chuckle as the others gawked at the luxurious train. "This is nothing compared to what I have seen." Figuring that the train conductor was beyond frustrated by now, she began walking towards the entrance of the train.

"What are you waiting for?! Last one to find the dinning car hoofs the bill!

Laughing softly, Whisper turned to look at Wanderlust. "There is no reason we can't have some fun with this, but we can't waste this opportunity to finalize our plans." Whisper paused briefly and scratched the ground with her hoof, "we don't know what waits in the Crystal Empire and I have some preparations to make. I definitely do not want to be caught with a dull blade." Boarding the train, Whisper immediately searching for a table that she could work at.

Edited by Golden Shield

@@RunsWithSquirlz@@Torrent505@@@PathfinderCS@@@Driz

Once everypony got on the train, the machinist closed the back door of the cabin behind them. "Right. Just so you know, there's a whole lot of food in the closet over there, and your stuff is in the sleeping cabin which is next to this one. If you have any questions, I'll be in the engine all the way on the front." He shrugged and made his way to the next cabin, but looked while he was at the door. "We'll arrive in the Crystal empire tomorrow around noon. Considering what you'll be doing there I suggest you'd get a good night's sleep." And with that, he entered the next cabin, and moved on to the engine.

The first cabin, where everypony was in now, was somewhat of a living quarters. There were rather comfortable seats with tables, and a some storage room in the form of a drawer and a closet. It was very spacious with lost of room to move around. In the next cabin things were a bit more crammy. There were four bunkbeds, two on each side, with between them tall closets with two compartments. In there were the documents and pieces of equipment that the princesses have provided. It was pretty luxurious, since it was inteded for royal travels and such, but a lot of decorative pieces had been removed from the cabin, so things seemed a little more bare and simple.

Wish Scribe.

Wish took a seat - swinging her bags down heavily beside her with their weight making a dull thud, even against the plush chairs. There was nothing - nothing - that would separate her from her belongings, and so they sat beside her. Besides, she needed them!

Rummaging for a few moments, she pulled out a particularly battered and worn cloth map. across its surface were hundreds of black marks - various symblis of varying levels of neatness. Next came a piece of charcoal, which she used to purposefully circle an area to the south of Canterlot and mark it with a '?'. Further up, she drew a diagonal line over a relatively blank section that symbolised the Crystal mountains. Looking over her work for a few moments in silence and with a distant expression, she finally nodded to herself with a smile of resolve and proceeded to roll up the map once more.

"Been ages since I was on one of these things." She stated in a matter-of-fact tone, motioning vaguely at the carriage around her. "So, uh... Yeah. Lets just wait, I guess. Anyone have any plans until we get there?"

Wish tended to walk. Everywhere she went, she walked. It was cheaper - essential when one didn't exactly earn money for a living - and served as decent exercise as well. It also meant that she could stop and explore areas that caught her interest, which was something that tended to annoy the other passengers when riding a train. Things like this might be mundane experiences for most folk, but Wish was secretly far more excited about the journey itself than she had any right to be.

Edited by Cinderscribe

@@RunsWithSquirlz@@Torrent505@@@Scribblegroove@@@Driz

Pathfinder smiled as he took a seat next to one of the tables. Levitating his bags, he placed them right next to him allowing his access to his maps. He took a look at the documents, which included various maps, taking in the fine artistry that accompanied the basic parts of the map.

He levitated a small book from his bags, which served as his journal, as well as a few of his own personal maps of the Crystal Empire. Laying them flat on the table, he began to not the various differences between his maps and those provided by the royal sisters. Nodding, he found himself in deep thought when one of the others began to speak.

"Been ages since I was on one of these things." She stated in a matter-of-fact tone, motioning vaguely at the carriage around her. "So, uh... Yeah. Lets just wait, I guess. Anyone have any plans until we get there?"

"Same here," he said in a slightly distracted tone. "Most digs and expeditions I've been on have been away from the rail roads, in truth. However I won't complain about the accommodations. This will be most conducive for rest and research. But as for plans...no. It might be fruitful to get something to eat or drink, I suppose."

Of course, he needed to look at any and all resources related to the mines as possible, but there was a time for rest and recovery too.

She didn't speak, just simply observed the banter that was going on around her. Whisper gleamed as much information as she could from the ponies, not wanting to interject and get yelled at for a mistake.

She found it slightly amusing that she had met another Whisper. But this one was so drastically different than her. Well they all were really. It took some time for her to work up the nerve to even board the train, it was frightening.