Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Stage play

Electricitee

Funny you should ask---I'm not aware of any that're fan-works, but there is at least this, which I assume is official:

That being said, I'd love to see a fan-made stage production or two; I had something in the back of my head long, long ago about Celestia's backstory being made into a fan-made stage production, showing how her parents died, her struggle against DisQord, why she moved from the Castle of the Two Sisters to Canterlot, etc., but...well, once I devoted time to my Weather Factory Meltdown fangame (which doesn't seem to be getting much attention, so much for 2 years of work), I basically stopped thinking about that stage idea.

If you'd like, I could spill what was in my head for that Celestia's Story stage production.

Funny you should ask---I'm not aware of any that're fan-works, but there is at least this, which I assume is official:

That being said, I'd love to see a fan-made stage production or two; I had something in the back of my head long, long ago about Celestia's backstory being made into a fan-made stage production, showing how her parents died, her struggle against DisQord, why she moved from the Castle of the Two Sisters to Canterlot, etc., but...well, once I devoted time to my Weather Factory Meltdown fangame (which doesn't seem to be getting much attention, so much for 2 years of work), I basically stopped thinking about that stage idea.

If you'd like, I could spill what was in my head for that Celestia's Story stage production.

That. Would. Be. AWESOME! Shame distance divides us all. But we could totally collab on a script and share it, then find a group within our areas to do the play. Then we can share it on here.

I'm thinking an anthro costume, though, not the ones in that play. Maybe something like CATS did.

That answers my question, thanks.

I guess now I will be learning how to write for the stage :).

HereComesTom: Your Celestia story sounds a little bit on the....serious/tradegy side of things, and I'd like to steer away from that. I was thinking of a Romace/SoL type play. On fimfiction, bat's Spellbound Fireflies, bookplayer's Best Young Flyer, or A Bluebird's Song (I forget the author) are like what I was thinking of. Or, to start off, maybe a 10-15 minute Comedy/SoL, as the Romace SoL would be 60+ minutes.

Doctor: What did CATS do? And, even though I love collab and open source, I'm worried that it won't be good here, because each playwright has their own style of writing, and I don't think many of us would mesh well. However, writing is not the only thing. I would need help with reviewing, making sure I make the characters act in-character, giving ideas for set and costumes, and if it is a musical or something close to that, music. And, I'll need help making sure I don't get caught up into my Twilight-level perfectionism and OCD.

HereComesTom: Your Celestia story sounds a little bit on the....serious/tradegy side of things, and I'd like to steer away from that. I was thinking of a Romace/SoL type play. On fimfiction, bat's Spellbound Fireflies, bookplayer's Best Young Flyer, or A Bluebird's Song (I forget the author) are like what I was thinking of. Or, to start off, maybe a 10-15 minute Comedy/SoL, as the Romace SoL would be 60+ minutes.

Celestia's Story is almost pure tragedy.  Especially since the first act would be setting up for a great, uneventful, happy ending.  I'd spill it here if you were interested, but...since it's not what you're looking for, this isn't the place for that.

...There's one idea I had that...well, it's comedy, but it's far from slice-of-life.  It would be perfect for a non-pony-specific convention, but it's not a play in the sense of being a narrative.  It's almost like a Sonic Shorts thing done on stage; it's called "Things NOT To Do In Equestria", and it consists of a few very short comedy sketches.  I only have about three ideas, but they could be hilarious:

1)  The Fat B@st@rd from Austin Powers 2 comes on stage from one side, Apple Bloom comes on stage from the other side.  Fat guy yells, "Come here you!  I'm bigger than you!  I'm higher on the food chain!  GET IN MAH BEL-LY!!"  And Apple Bloom runs off the stage screaming.  (Apple Bloom as a puppet might work, too, here.)

2)  Link walks on stage, playing Epona's Song on his Ocarina.  Derpy Hooves loves it so much, she tries playing the Ocarina---and plays the Song of Storms, causing Link to get hit by lightning (or maybe to try to use his shield as an umbrella?)

3)  Diana from League of Legends comes on stage, and sings "Ask Not The Sun".  After a few measures, Celestia steps on stage, not amused, and when Diana gets to the "Her light can only blind and burn" line, Celestia casts a spell that causes Diana to yelp "It burns!  Ow ow ow!!!"

Here's a video of "Ask Not The Sun" for reference.  The song's a little slow, but if you listen to all the lyrics, you'll understand Celestia's reaction:

Sorry if this isn't what you were looking for, either.

That answers my question, thanks.

I guess now I will be learning how to write for the stage :).

Doctor: What did CATS do? And, even though I love collab and open source, I'm worried that it won't be good here, because each playwright has their own style of writing, and I don't think many of us would mesh well. However, writing is not the only thing. I would need help with reviewing, making sure I make the characters act in-character, giving ideas for set and costumes, and if it is a musical or something close to that, music. And, I'll need help making sure I don't get caught up into my Twilight-level perfectionism and OCD.

I meant as in the make-up style of the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical CATS. Or Lion King the stage play. Doing the other way like in that other clip Somepony posted just seems… there isn't as much you can do with it, as far as acting and body language.

And as for collab effort, yes, writing styles differ, but that's why you have a head writer to format it, but you work on the story and dialogue et al with others. And then, yes, each director can refit it for their own personal stage, as is done with most other plays.