Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Vaping thread!

Suitaloo

So, today, I started Vaping. What is vaping you ask? Well, it's a safer alternative to smoking, due to the fact that it lacks carcinogens and nicotine is optional. Vaping is short for "Vaporizing" because the e-cigarette uses an electrical current run through coils and on to cotton soaked with a special liquid (the vaporizer liquid, generally flavored/scented and can contain nicotine, but doesn't have to) that evaporates under the heat of the coils and you inhale it, tasting the vapor and you exhale it like smoking.

This thread is for the discussion of vaping, posting pictures of your rigs, and recommendations for flavors/brands/etc.

Today, when I went to the local vape shop with my friend, he helped me build my first rig, which I call "The Copper Kyogre". The reason being, the main mod of is called "The Penny Mod" which is a copper finish and has a recessed button on the bottom that's pressed to look like the tail end of a newer penny, and the tip has a blue ceramic orb that reminds me of the Blue Orb from Pokemon Sapphire, which in the game controlled the legendary pokemon Kyogre, so I decided to name it "The Copper Kyogre". I would post pictures, but my email isn't receiving messages from my phone for some reason, so I might upload pictures later.

If anyone else here has interesting thoughts on the topic, feel free to post!

• Brohoof 3

This thread is for the discussion of vaping, posting pictures of your rigs, and recommendations for flavors/brands/etc.

If anyone else here has interesting thoughts on the topic, feel free to post!

I was wondering if there'd ever be a vaping thread on MLP Forums

What E-liquid do you have? 

I have been a vapour for two years and was a smoker for 8 years, and my PV is an MVP 2.0 battery, and two Aspire nautilus tanks, the regular sized one and the mini (used to have the Kanger Aero-Tank) and currently have Vampire Vapes E-liquid

By the way are you on ECF? 

Edited by Scootaloodle

I currently have three different e-liquids, Crocodile Tears (Strawberry Creamble), Golden Drops (Tasty Churros), SmokeNMist (Gorrilafied which is essentially Grape Lollipop apparently). I also did say I was going to post pics when yahoo decided to work, so yeah, that should be soon.

RlNi7WA.jpg

There we go. A bit big, but still.

Edited by Suitaloo
  • Brohoof 2

I currently have three different e-liquids, Crocodile Tears (Strawberry Creamble), Golden Drops (Tasty Churros), SmokeNMist (Gorrilafied which is essentially Grape Lollipop apparently). I also did say I was going to post pics when yahoo decided to work, so yeah, that should be soon.

RlNi7WA.jpg

That looks like the Sonic Screwdriver. :lol:

Howver, can't say i know much about vaping.

• Brohoof 6

I keep mine pretty simple, I use a Joyetech Ego-c with CE3 cartomizer(pretty much a disposable clearomizer) and nicquid e-liquid(though I sometimes go with goodprophets and Jvapes e-liquid). Don't get too hooked on these things, I started out at 24mg(Now at 6mg) after quitting regular cigs and I started vaping 5 times more than I would have if I didn't switch, I spend way too much money on liquid these days.

img-3249134-1-RlNi7WA.jpg

That thing is beast! Where did you get that thing?

Edited by A. Dazven
  • Brohoof 1

That's a fair point. I don't use nicotine so, I shouldn't get dependent on them, plus I'm only going to vape when I'm at home or hanging out with friends, and I work most of the day, so it should last for a while.

I have a dry herb vaporizer. The Ago G5.

Ago-Vaporizer-5.jpg

I have it in red. Honestly I wouldn't recommend it. It doesn't really work too good and my charger is fidgety so the battery has to be in a very specific position to charge. Probably just a problem with mine though. It's still pretty sick though.

Edited by Hovershy
  • Brohoof 1

That thing is beast! Where did you get that thing?

It's not that big really, I got it at a vape shop near my friends house called "Vaper's Edge" and we assembled it back at his place.

Since I never smoked in the first place, I see no reason to start messing around with Nicotine. Granted, E-cigarettes are a safer alternative than tobacco, but Nicotine is highly addictive. 

It doesn't have Nicotine, however. It's purely flavored/scented liquid.

It's not that big really, I got it at a vape shop near my friends house called "Vaper's Edge" and we assembled it back at his place.

Ah, I go to a place called altsmoke, I really need to go down to 0 as well. My dad is trying to quit right now so I might try something too, granted he is going from real cigs and doesn't like e cigs.

Still, since I never smoked, I see no reason to start "vaping". Here's a thought. Vaping is so new, there is NO data on long term health problems from inhaling the scented/flavored liquids. You are introducing an unknown directly into your lungs. I think I'll pass. I honestly think it's only a matter of time before someone get's a contaminated supply of liquid, and ends up with serious lung problems. Teens (Sorry younger Bronies) may end up experimenting with all manner of liquids and end up in a bad way. Before you say nopony would do that, look up "Huffing".

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 3

Pretty sure there has been some cases of contamination before, most of the big names just are very very safe in how they produce and bottle it, however the juice itself without nicotine is safe, I can't remember all the ingredients, but it is only about 4 with the main one being Propylene Glycol and/or Vegetable Glycerin which are very safe. However I don't claim to be an expert and nicotine is still quite dangerous in itself, it still paralyzes the cilia in your throat and nose and can lead to it killing them without any of the other factors like the tar and other carcinogens found in cigarettes.

Edited by A. Dazven
  • Brohoof 1

Still, since I never smoked, I see no reason to start "vaping". Here's a thought. Vaping is so new, there is NO data on long term health problems from inhaling the scented/flavored liquids. You are introducing an unknown directly into your lungs. I think I'll pass. I honestly think it's only a matter of time before someone get's a contaminated supply of liquid, and ends up with serious lung problems. Teens (Sorry younger Bronies) may end up experimenting with all manner of liquids and end up in a bad way. Before you say nopony would do that, look up "Huffing".

I know what huffing is, and I don't see the parallel. Sure, it is a foreign substance you are introducing to your body, but as A. Dazven said, it's primarily Propylene Glycol (which is only toxic in extremely high amounts. It requires more Propylene Glycol to poison you than it does Caffeine) and Vegetable Glycerin (which is a simple sugar alcohol). So while it is introducing a relatively unknown (to most people at least) substance to your body, it's closer to trying a new food that, while it may seem disgusting due to what it is when raw (i.e. rocky mountain oysters, liver, etc.), isn't really bad for you.

• Brohoof 2

I know what huffing is, and I don't see the parallel. Sure, it is a foreign substance you are introducing to your body, but as A. Dazven said, it's primarily Propylene Glycol (which is only toxic in extremely high amounts. It requires more Propylene Glycol to poison you than it does Caffeine) and Vegetable Glycerin (which is a simple sugar alcohol). So while it is introducing a relatively unknown (to most people at least) substance to your body, it's closer to trying a new food that, while it may seem disgusting due to what it is when raw (i.e. rocky mountain oysters, liver, etc.), isn't really bad for you.

I wasn't trying to make a parallel. I'm saying it's only a matter of time before people start loading their inhalers (Is that what they're called?) with inappropriate liquids in search of a cheap high. 

I wasn't trying to make a parallel. I'm saying it's only a matter of time before people start loading their inhalers (Is that what they're called?) with inappropriate liquids in search of a cheap high. 

Lol no doubt, but I think that would happen anyways. As well they also make e-cigs for marijuana and the hash oil(hope I can talk about that here) so it is kind of being done already.

• Brohoof 3

Lol no doubt, but I think that would happen anyways. As well they also make e-cigs for marijuana and the hash oil(hope I can talk about that here) so it is kind of being done already.

There are things much MUCH more dangerous than marijuana and the hash oil. I just don't want to hear about people getting hurt by experimenting.

There are things much MUCH more dangerous than marijuana and the hash oil. I just don't want to hear about people getting hurt by experimenting.

Unfortunately, people are always going to experiment. Condemning the method by which they could experiment is effectively only give them something else to experiment with.

Unfortunately, people are always going to experiment. Condemning the method by which they could experiment is effectively only give them something else to experiment with.

I didn't condemn anything. I said it's not for me, and urged a little caution. I never said "BAN THAT!". I still stand with my not understanding the mindset of

"I don't like it, I want NOBODY to have it!"

I'm just simply saying

"I don't want it, but I hope everyone is careful and stays safe and healthy while using it."

• Brohoof 1

I didn't condemn anything. I said it's not for me, and urged a little caution. I never said "BAN THAT!". I still stand with my not understanding the mindset of

"I don't like it, I want NOBODY to have it!"

I'm just simply saying

"I don't want it, but I hope everyone is careful and stays safe and healthy while using it."

Alright, if that's the case, then that's fine. I'm sorry if I jumped too conclusions too early.

• Brohoof 2

Pros: It's better for you to use e-cigs than actual cigarettes. There's less chemicals to be found. And to be honest, if I was still smoking cigarettes, I'd switch to e-cigs pretty quickly. They seem to save some money and they are kinda cool to look at.  :squee:

Cons: However, like cigarettes, e-cigs aren't good for you. These also can be linked to carcinogenesis. I'm not saying you are going to get cancer from these things as a certainty, but all you are doing is giving yourself a higher chance of forming a carcinoma. Of course you could have some great cancer-resistant genes - that's always nice to have. 

---

• Brohoof 3

• 10 months later...

*Bump* 

I wasn't for sure if there'd actually be a thread on this, but I'm glad I found this one (which seems to be the only one).  

***Disclaimer: In no way whatsoever am I advocating tobacco usage.  If you aren't a user, NEVER try it.  Please.  You will regret it.***

Alright, so, a little background here before I talk about vaping...   :blush: 

I grew up in a small country town (I feel like a broken record always mentioning it, but, for clarity's sake, y'know).  Naturally, the percentage of a town's population who use tobacco (specifically chew/dip) will be much higher in a country town than a big city - especially when the country town is very big on agriculture and farming (even considering the folks in the town who aren't farmers).  

My father chewed for 30 years.

A lot of guys in my hometown chew.  I've even caught a few teachers at the high school.  No joke.  And of course, many high school boys get into it.  Of course it was against the rules, but I can tell you that there are more people who didn't get caught than who did.  Anywho...

I was peer pressured into trying it when I was a high school sophomore multiple times, and multiple times I said no... But finally I caved when someone offered it to me in the form of "pouches," (which, unlike normal dip, you don't have to pack, and it isn't messy).  That was a mistake.  (Note: I didn't do it in school.  I followed the rules)... Thing is, I could have just done it once, twice, hell even thrice, and stopped, and I wouldn't have become addicted.  But no, I kept doing it, because I liked it.  It gives you a buzz, mellows you out.

You may wonder how anyone can tolerate putting something so nasty in their lip, because before I started, I always thought that.  But, of course, thanks to the stupid fact that the specific kind of pouch I first tried was mint Camel Snus - dry pouches that don't taste harsh - I wasn't lucky enough to hate it when I first tried it.  And because it didn't taste bad, I was hooked to the nicotine buzz it gave after a few times.  But it gets worse.  Because once you start one kind, you'll want to try other kinds.  Camel Snus is comparatively very weak.  So silly me, I wound up trying stronger brands and flavors.  As anyone who has been a tobacco user for a long enough will tell you, you'll wind up finding a kind that you stick with.  Unfortunately, I wound up picking one of the strongest kinds... Grizzly Wintergreen [pouches].

I used to tell myself that I would stop doing it before going to college.  That was a naive, idiotic thing for me to believe.  Because I didn't stop.

I hate it.  It's gross.  It's harmful.  It's caused many stains and cavities already...  

BUT... Finally I became determined to be serious about doing whatever it takes to quit.  I've been on the track to trying to quit for a while now.  But nicotine gum didn't work, and trying to wean off it cold turkey didn't work...

And then I found out about vaping.  At first I was unsure about it, because I'm not a smoker, and vaping seemed more like the route to help smokers quit, rather than users of chew.  But I did some research, and figured that despite that fact, and also despite the fact that it would just be exchanging one addiction for another, that vaping would be much less of a health risk than continuing to use chew.

So, I decided to go ahead and see if vaping could help me quit chewing.  As a newbie to vaping, I figured I'd just start with trying the disposable type of e-cigs that are available at gas stations and such.  Of course, I have tried a few different brands, because I wanted to find one that I felt was good quality, and one that I could actually enjoy enough to be able to hopefully get me off chew.  So far the brands of disposable e-cigs I've tried include: Blu, Zoom, Tsunami, Cig2o, Mistic, and Vuse - (I'll give a short review of each momentarily).

Even though I've only recently tried vaping, it's helping me already.  I've lowered the amount I chew significantly.  Vaping has allowed me to have much less urges to chew.  I hope to continue on this path, and my goal is to quit chew by vaping.

Short reviews of the disposable e-cigs, starting with my least favorite, ending with my most favorite:

6. Mistic Soft-Tip Disposable E-Cig - Black Menthol - 2.4%: It was an impulse buy at Walmart, mostly because it only cost 5 bucks.  I think it stated somewhere around 200 to 300 puffs.  Ha!  Not even freakin' close.  It lasted about 25 puffs at most.  Flavor-wise, it wasn't bad, but, it was still kind of mediocre.  The drag/puff was mildly weak, as well.  I do not recommend Mistics.  

5. Zoom Menthol Bold Disposable E-Cigarette - 4.4%: Can't remember the cost for sure, but I think it may have been around 9 or 10 bucks.  It states on the case "300 Tru-Puffs*" ... "*approximate depending on use."  I probably got about 50 to 75 puffs, lmao.  Flavor-wise, it was only a little better than the Mistic, but with a slightly stronger menthol taste.  The drag/puff was of a modest to moderate level.  I do not recommend Zooms.

4. Cig2o [black Label] Vanilla Disposable E-Cig - 1.8%: It was 10 bucks.  "Up to 400 puffs."  Well, I probably got about half that, but that's not too bad.  Flavor-wise, it was actually pretty good!  The drag/puff was of a moderate level, definitely adequate.  Would I recommend it?  Hmm... To be honest, I'd probably try another one sometime to check for consistency.  It wasn't bad, so, my recommendation is a maybe.

3. Tsunami Disposable E-Cigarette - Menthol - 1.6%: It was actually only 7 bucks.  "Up to 800 puffs."  And actually, I still have it, and would say that it could possibly make it close to that.  I bet I have taken around 300 to 400 so far, and the battery still seems to be fine.  Flavor-wise, it is a very pleasing "sweet" kind of menthol, rather than the typical kind, and I really like it.  The drag/puff is of an ample level, which is nice.  Would I recommend it?  Yes, I would.

2. Vuse Solo (rechargeable) Digital Vapor Cigarette with Disposable Cartridges - I got menthol and cream - both 4.8%: The single case that comes with the rechargeable battery, charger, and one disposable cartridge costed only 10 bucks!  I don't remember how much it was when I bought the separate cream disposable cartridges (which comes in a pack of 2), but oh well.  Vuse claims each cartridge (when used with a fully charged battery) should last as long as a pack of cigarettes.  I still have it, and to be honest, I think it will actually last that long.  It's done well for me so far.  Flavor-wise, the menthol cartridge is moderately strong, but not overbearing, and it tastes quite pleasing.  It's a much more typical menthol flavor, not "sweet" like the Tsunami.  The cream cartridge is a bit more harsh of a drag than the menthol, and tastes kind of like vanilla, but (of course) more "creamy" if that makes sense.  The drag/puff is indeed stronger/heavier than the previous brands, and definitely gives more vapor.  Would I recommend it?  Absolutely!*  *With a caveat... If you don't think you can handle a harsher drag, Vuse may make you cough.

1. Blu Disposable E-Cig - I got both Menthol and Cherry - both 2.4%: If I remember correctly, I believe they cost around 9 or 10 bucks each.  Blu claims each disposable e-cig lasts as long as 2 packs of regular cigs.  I believe they seem to last somewhat close to that claim.  Flavor-wise, the menthol is definitely menthol - but I really like the flavor.  The cherry, on the other hand... ehhh... I didn't like it much.  The drag/puff of the Blu e-cig is at a level that I, subjectively speaking, believe is darn near perfect.  The vapor amount is similar to the Vuse, but just a little less.  Blu's are not as harsh as Vuse's, but neither are they weak.  This is why I'm giving Blu my #1 favorite spot so far.  However right now I don't have a Blu, as after my last one died, I got the Vuse, and the Vuse is growing on me.

*When I specify the percent numbers, they are referring to nicotine content.  The conversion from percent to mg (milligrams) is simple.  For example, 2.4% is 24mg.*

I would like to also give a further but of clarification on nicotine levels.  Vuse's 4.8% (48mg) is double that of the standard average - 2.4% (24mg) - and this is why I clarified that the Vuse E-cigs do give a much harsher throat hit.  

For those of whom looking into Vaping as a way to quit tobacco, I would start out with a lower nicotine level e-cig, and gradually try to find the right amount for your needs.  If you start out using an e-cig with too high of a nicotine level (such as Vuse), you will likely be coughing from the harshness.  

And of course, I will say again as I said at the beginning - if you are not a tobacco user, do not start.  And that includes also staying away from e-cigs with nicotine.

~ Miles

• Brohoof 1

I have a Haus, it's good to me, but I would not recommend it because it likes to leak now and then. Take my advice: if you are going to start you should do so with an expensive quality vaporizer or just use the Mark Tens. Sadly cheap vaporizers tend to show their quality very quickly.

I just vape whenever I am out of smokes or whatever. 

Watermelon up in here.