open The City of Ponyville RP

legionbrony

"And here I thought I was the tactics expert. I have to admit that makes sense. From my stand point, we cant get the job done if we don't know what the job is. As a soldier, when we have orders, sure we follow them but we still have to know what the hell we need to do."

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He frowns.  "I know plenty of things that could do that, and none of them are friendly.  I know plenty more things, but it's pretty much impossible to contact them.  And several more might not even exist, I've only heard rumors.  But no matter what the case is, in my experience, you don't want to mess with anything that can send you 400 years forward or backward in time.  Even if it seems to be nice, that kind of power is bad news."

Then, tilting his head, Blackstone looks at the two a little suspiciously.  "You never said anything about that any of you were...'supposed' to do anything. What's this about saving Equestria?  I thought you came here by accident."

Steel spoke up "In truth we don't really know much, we hadn't even met before this. All we know is that when we appeared in this time a note appeared in the same manor" steel said "who has the paper? Show it to him it might help him think of somwyhing" steel looked around the room-what ever it takes - steel thought.

"We were clearly sent to save Equestria, if the source is credible, as shown here." He pulls the perfectly folded note out of one of his vest pockets; "This shows the only information that was given about what happened to us and why; perhaps it could direct us, but to do so, we should find out who 'The Gatekeeper' is." He hesitates while thinking, staring at the wall, and says; "The teleport could possibly be initiated by many unicorns working simultaneously."

"You honestly think we can save Equestria?" Starchase asked curiously. The topic never bothered him but it just never seemed like a plausible thing they could do. They weren't exceptionally talented or anything. He didn't even know these ponies! "Where do we even start?"

Sinu narrows his eyes at Starchase, and sighs lightly. "Yes, I think that we can save Equestria, as we were chosen for this. Normally, I wouldn't trust a random note, but whatever had sent this was also capable of sending us more than 400 years into the future, so there must be a purpose. It may or may not be a good example, but Twilight and her friends—normal ponies—saved Equestria several times." Looking around the room, he says with notable confidence; "We start by finding what sent us here."

Edited by Sinusoid Mixolydian

(edited)

Blackstone nods.  "It could have been multiple unicorns, but that would require...a lot of focus and determination on their parts.  If unicorns did it at all, it was most likely with the assistance of something else...which is usually not a good thing."  He shrugs.  "For all you know, you guys could be here to 'save' the future from not falling into the wrong hooves.  You should probably decide if you want to find a way back, or if you want to try and do whatever this corny note says you're supposed to."

A box on Blackstone's desk begins ringing, horrendously loud.  Blackstone looks at it, then walks over to pick up the receiver.

"Hello?  This is Blackstone, private investigator, how can I help you?"

Pause.

"Oh, really."

He looks at the group.

"No, no, I can help if it's that important.  I just have some...other business I'll need to wrap up first."

Pause.

"Yes...I see...I'll try and figure it out.  Thank you.  I'll be right there.  Bye."

He puts down the receiver.

"Now what am I going to do with you guys...I can't leave you here."  He sighs.  "I guess you're coming along.  Try not to attract too much attention, please.  I can barely pay the rent as it is, I don't need to be losing jobs just cause I felt like helping all of you."  He trots towards the door.

Edited by legionbrony

"So what are you some kinda private eye?" Zephyr asked as she caught up to their guide. "Hey if you've got one o' those wicked Sherlock Hooves hats then you have ta let me try it" she quipped in an effort to lighten the mood. "You know speakin' o' jobs, where we goin' boss?"

Edited by HunterTSN

The ringing box made Starchase shrink back into his hood. He watched curiously as Blackstone picked it up and talked into it. Must be some sort of future invention he though. Putting his hood back up, he followed Blackstone as he trotted out the door, not wanting to be left behind.

Sinu jumps back as the box rings, his mane flopping over one eye. He decides not to correct it, and simply pulls the hood of his sweatshirt further over his face, to hopefully make his horn less obvious. Deciding that nothing more had to be said, he follows Blackstone reluctantly, wondering what else it was that the box could do; it obviously transferred sound in the form of electrical signals, and was a technology that he knew, but was not in use due to sending letters via magic.

Steel didn't move when the ringing started, he didn't care. He pulled his hood up. -i will get home I will do anything to get home- steel thought -ill kill them if I have to I want no part of this- Steel followed Blackstone reluctantly making sure his dagger was ready to be pulled if need be.

Staying at the back, he wonders How a group of this size can possibly go unnoticed. "Hey, is am going to fly up higher. Keep an eye on everything from above and Maybe draw less suspicion to you guys." He says, flying straight up. "That isn't much better, but from what I can figure every little bit helps."

(edited)

"Sorry," replied Blackstone.  "I only have one hat, and I only wear it 'cause I have to."  He briefly motions to the fedora on his head.  He sighs as the Griffon takes off, but he wasn't going to try to control every little thing the group did.  It was hard enough just keeping them from killing each other, as it seemed.

They trotted through the downtown district, with Blackstone complaining about his lack of a car occasionally.  The group did get noticed, but although a large group of ponies was going to draw a little attention, it was not bad attention.  Eventually they arrived at a building that seemed to have been roped off with tape that said "Do not cross".  Nearly as soon as Blackstone had arrived, a female pony in a blue outfit trotted up to him. 

"Blackstone," she said.  "It's good that you're here."  She opened her mouth to say more, and then caught sight of the large entourage he was sporting.  "...Um, what is this, your fan club or something?" she asked.  "I wasn't aware you were famous."

He snorted.  "Nah.  They're a bunch of ponies I found that need help.  They're going to behave though," he said, without looking back at them, but clearly intending the phrase for their ears.

She looked uncertain.  "And they can hear...?"  she trailed off, but Blackstone nodded. 

"Yes, it's fine," he said.

She gave them a slightly suspicious look.

Blackstone rolled his eyes.  "Annoying Group, this is Carin' Justice.  She's the head of Special Investigations in Ponyville.  I am her far-too-occasional consultant."  He smirked. 

Carin' waved at them casually.  "Yeah, yeah, hi and all.  Come on, we've got a case, Blackstone.  Stop dawdling."  She grabbed him by the hoof and dragged him past the tape line.  "If your group comes along, they gotta touch nothing, okay?  And if they get kicked out it's not my problem.  It's a police only area, you know."

Blackstone shrugged.   He clearly couldn't keep an eye on them AND do his job without breaking any rules.  Oh, well.  He wasn't a fan of rules anyways, especially police rules.  "C'mon, guys."

Edited by legionbrony

Sinu stays as far back as possible, seeming to not be in a group at all. He stands behind a corner as Blackstone talks to Carin', listening closely to their conversation. Before Blackstone goes inside of the building, Sinu quietly asks him; "Being in a police-only area makes me nervous; could I just stay out here?"

Steel followed tense he could tell these ponies were like the royal guard. He kept his hood up and his head down following, he made sure that his cloak covered all the blades he had on his person. -ugh I hate this I can't do anything here especially if im right and they are the royal guard of this time

Nightlight Sparkle nervously and quietly trudged along with the group as he had for most of the journey, it seemed. Everything was all so weird... New advancements in technology, and total disbelief in the existence of magic... And somehow, he of all ponies, was supposed to be one of the heroes to save this future from... from what? Becoming even worse? It was already pretty bleak in its current state...

Nightlight watched his step carefully. He didn't want to be a part of a crime scene, but he knew very well he couldn't leave Blackstone. He was their only hope of ever solving this unexplainable mystery. He felt like a detective under the hat he'd teleported onto his mane awhile back, but he told himself not to get carried away. He supposed he had no choice but to stay on the sidelines until the policework was done, so he stayed quiet and kept his hooves to himself.

Blackstone rolls his eyes.  "Carin' is the only one here right now, since the rest of the department is too lazy to be out here at this time.  If you hadn't noticed, it's pretty late."  He sighs in exasperation.  "Look, I can't promise you'll be okay by yourself.  There are worse things than jail, and one of 'em messed up two ponies inside this building pretty bad, if I'm not mistaken."

Carin' hesitated, then nodded in confirmation.  "That's what I think, anyways."

The earth pony she-cop trotted back towards the door of the building.  "Come in when you're ready, I guess.  And I would advise anypony with a weak stomach to close their eyes and stay towards the back of the group."  She then entered the building and closed the door behind her.

Blackstone grumbled.  "Thanks, Carin', you're making my attempts to keep them with me so much easier."  He spoke up again.  "Now, as I was saying.  If you stay out here, one, you are not safe.  Well, you're less safe.  I can't say it's that common to be attacked, but considering this case is a few hours old at most, I'd say around here is considerably more not-safe than normal.  Two, if you stay out here, you had better not do anything...weird, like ask what year it is or cast any magic.  If you do, well, I'm denying any association with you and you can get put in the loony bin.  Got it?"

Landing, Mirror Slash hears only the last part of his little speech. Having made sure his descent was hidden from sight, he walks up at the back of the group like he was there the whole time. Trying to keep watch on an Area he knew nothing about was going as well as could be expected. But he wasn't planning phone staying outside.

Starchase stayed at the back of the group. He didn't particularly strong stomach but he sure wasn't staying out there. His ears dropped at the words 'messed up'. He already felt a little sick even though he hadn't actually seen anything yet.  "Ready when you are..." He murmured. 

"In that case, I'll just stay with you." Sinu says, trotting to a place closer to the front, relieved that they would be the only ones in the building. Surprisingly, this pony could see just about anything and be completely fine; having never been at a crime scene before, he wants to see what happened to some extent.

Steel sighed still very tense. "I ain't staying out here any longer then I have to" steel said, he wasn't fond of any type of order or peace keeper he wanted them to just die it'd make doing his job and vetting paid a lot easier. He walked to the middle of the group.

The scene inside was, as promised, not pretty. 

Leaving out some of the worse details, two ponies seemed to have died.  It was easy to see why: there were holes in their chests by their hearts.  Apparently their hearts had been torn out, somehow.

"The weirdest thing is," said Carin', "the wound indicates that the hearts were ripped out without the skin being punctured; the ribs are broken outwards, not inwards.  Which is, of course, impossible, so I can't tell my superiors that.  I'll have to make something up."  She looks at Blackstone.  "What do you think it is?"

(Will add more later, out of time right now)

Sinu examines the dead ponies at a safe distance, not disgusted; just saddened greatly at the tragedy's realism. Thinking for a few seconds, he gets an idea. "Excuse me, but—" He hesitates briefly while talking, making sure that his thoughts are in order; "The cause would have needed to originate from inside of their bodies to inflict such damage, so it could very well be a parasite or another body-dwelling creature."

Starchase felt sick. He wasn't expecting the gruesome sight before him. It sickened him to the core. He wanted to throw up on the crime scene and run back out into the streets.

Never had he seen such a bloody sight. Tears unwittingly came to the corner of his eyes. He was even conscious of it till he felt a wetness running down his muzzle. He quickly wiped it away.

"We've already examined the bodies," says Carin'.  "While it was not a thorough autopsy, obviously, I am fairly sure we would not have missed something that could do this."

Blackstone nods in agreement.  "No, this was definitely magic.  We've got a warlock on our hooves."  He grimaces.  "Fun, fun."

"A warlock?" asks Carin'.  "How is that different from a wizard?"

"It's not, really," explains Blackstone.  "Literally the only difference is, wizards follow the Laws of Magic, and warlocks don't.  It's a warlock because the first rule of magic is pretty clear about itself: 'You shall not kill with magic'."

Carin' nods, not saying anything.

"I'd be willing to bet this was done using thaumaturgy; if it wasn't, then we're in way over our heads.  It'd take a lot of magic to do this without it."  He sighs.  "And if it was done using thaumaturgy, then the killer was probably never in this room.  There's no way I can trace the magic back to him..."

"So it's a suicide then," says Carin'.

"That's what it's looking like," agrees Blackstone.