Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[3D Modeling] Rarity

User0815

What program did you use to make her in?

Your pony got me so inspired, that I decided to make one too. Now remember I am pretty bad at 3D modeling but I think this went alright. Took me around 5 minutes more or less.

g9RT2cM.png

Wait actually no, I didn't make that at all, and I have serious doubts that you did the one you are showing in that image, because it looks exactly the same as the ones provided by KP-ShadpwSquirrel, available at http://kp-shadowsquirrel.deviantart.com/art/Pony-Model-Download-Center-215266264 . 

So what is the deal man? Either you used their models and their textures heavily as reference to create an exact copy of the model without giving them any credit, or you straight up lied about making it and is trying to use another man/womans hard work as a way to make yourself look good.  =( Why you do this. 

• Brohoof 7

You realise that is not the program I used right. And that one is MUCH more detailed than mine. They are not the same. If you are going to sit here and bash me on here because you don't think I made something then you please go away and gather some real information before you try to say somepony didn't make something. 

He's not saying about the program, but the model you loaded into it.

By my eye it really looks like the same exact model. All the details are the same shape, and even the textures are the same, and mapped exactly in the same pixel-perfect way.

So how can you explain this?

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 3

@,

He's not saying about the program, but the model you loaded into it. By my eye it really looks like the same exact model. All the details are the same shape, and even the textures are the same, and mapped exactly in the same pixel-perfect way. So how can you explain this?

Like Sasq said, I'm not talking about the program. The program doesn't matter. The files you download are in OBJ format and the textures are in TIF format so you can load these models up in any 3D program I can think of. I just did it in Maya because that is what I like to model in. And unlike you I have been modeling for around  5 years and I think it sounds very fishy that a complete newbie to 3D modeling would be able to model something as good as that Rarity 3D model in just one week. 

And how else do you explain how the model looks exactly the same? Exactly the same proportions and shapes, exactly the same textures. Look at her mane. The shape is EXACTLY THE SAME, and so are the swirls in the texture of her mane. 

And the one in the screenshot I posted isn't more detailed at all, you just posted yours in a smaller image, be my guest and post another image of a close up and then we can compare. And remember to use the full res model, not the files called "lower-res_rarity_eyelashes_lower and upper_.obj". Lower res means lower resolution, which will make it look less detailed.

And the fact that you made a pony in pony creator and posted it on this forum claiming that you made it in paint.net doesn't really help your believability at all. http://mlpforums.com/topic/107536-i-finished-my-oc/ 

With a record of lying about artwork, why should I believe you now?

Just man up and admit to what you have done. It is already super obvious and you are just making a fool out of yourself by trying to come up with bad excuses.

• Brohoof 1