Who here actually rides horses?

Tjb2000

I spent a lot of time with horses, but didn't ride 'em. They were most likely friends of mine and not a transport. However, I have some experience in ridin' some of 'em bareback. I was nice but ain't easy for both of us.

• Brohoof 1

I love horses, and I rode a lot for awhile, but I became jaded with it for a number of reasons.  I tend to not be able to hold onto passions if I feel like there's no potential for human connection to help with my lonliness, and riding felt like a dead end there.  There's a lot more to it than that, but too much to get into.  I still ride occassionally, but I'm not very motivated anymore.

• Brohoof 1

I live in the horse capital of the world so yes, I used to ride horses. I had a horse I took care of when I was younger, I rode him bare-back with no saddle because I didn't like all the gear I had to put on him. I remember falling off of him a lot that way too. :D

My friends have horses and my friend's younger sister was teaching me how to ride, but she moved back to the US. Love horses though and know how to ride western a bit. Also know how to groom, bathe, and lead horses. And how to feed horses and cows.

I have been riding since I was 6.  Now I'm 17.  I ride at a hunter barn during the school year.  In the summer, for the past few years, I have gone to camp at an eventing barn.

I used to ride. Cannot anymore due to health problems. They are lovely, noble creatures. I would love to own a Shire horse; not to ride, just as a pet.

There is something so cute about them. I love that soft spot of fuzzy velvety fur between their nostrils. If I see a horse my reaction is "OMG, need to pet it on the nose!!!"

(I am not sure if this is normal.)