open M.E.C.H (RP)

Drago Ryder

Aurora looks about and then says, "I am ready to go when you are. The faster we make our move, the less the enemy has time to respond."

She moves as if to follow the one wanting to go to the hospital. Shr keeps herself on high alert for any enemies in the area.

Seeing the others quickly agreeing with him, Cura replied, " Alright, though on the way there we're going to pass near the center of town so stay close to me and stay out of sight." As he finished, he began to trot off deeper into the ruins of Ponyville. He did so cautiously however, sticking to the alleyways as much as he could and when they ended, would quickly peer out, checking for the machines that continued to patrol the vacant streets, before galloping as fast as he could to the other side before checking again and signaling for the group to follow. Using this method, Cura had managed to almost reach his destination when a problem rose up as he turned into another alley. One of the cottages had collapsed, burying the alleyway and the hidden entrance to the aid station beside it under a small mountain of rubble. Though luckily, it appeared the cottage aside from it had still and better yet, the rubble had create a way for them to enter without leaving the protection of the alley. He briefly hesitated, a small amount of dread rising in him before he began to make his way to the cottage, mindful of his step lest he cause this one to collapse as he entered what looked to family room; though Cura, focusing solely on finding a through the cottage, ignored the scattered and destroyed furniture as well as the dusty picture frames that hung along the walls, the sole clues to who may have once lived within this cottage. Exiting the family room, he made his way through a hallway littered with dust and scattered personal belongings, trying not to think of what happened to those who may have once lived here.

Turning the corner, Cura exited the hallway and stepped into the remains of what may have once been a kitchen, though with a massive hole marred with scorch marks in one of the walls, and finally laid his eyes on a place he had hoped he would never see again. Across the street, separated from all  lay the building once know as Ponyville General hospital, though Cura quickly dived back as he noticed what looked like at least a ten androids that stood in the street between them and the hospital. Turning back to face the group, hoping that they had all followed him this far, he said, " We may have a small problem. It appears what may be at least ten of those blasted machines are between us and the only way to the aid station. Anypony have any ideas?"  @, @@Drago Ryder, @@bronislav84,      

Edited by Blacklight

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."

-Albert Camus
my oc's link: Cura Breeze , Renatus

Aurora sensed them with her new receptors. She says, in a whisper, "Their the standard units, Drones. They don't seem to be that powerful but something is off. I feel another on the edge of my sensory range. It is much bigger then the drones."

She moves as silently as she could hoping she could get a better look without alerting them. She knows that they can't detect her sensors, when at such a low setting.

(edited)

From what Tempest could see, the group of androids consisted of three Pegasus units and six earth pony units. "They don't look that much different from the rest of the ones we've fought."He said. The bat pony then noticed a cup a few yards to the right of their location sitting on a table and formed a small aura sphere and shot it, making the can hit the ground. Two of the earth pony units headed to the source of the noise and into an adjacent alleyway. Tempest knew that they may have to fight, but he didn't want to see anyone else get taken by those... things. If the situation wasn't bad enough, a large android about seven feet in length and black in color dropped into the road between the ponies and hospital. Tempest noticed its draconian shape and a thought crossed his mind that bred fear and sorrow within him. "No. That can't be her. She wouldn't have gotten caught." He muttered to himself, as his breathing became more rigid and his body quivered.

Edited by Drago Ryder

Aurora comforts Tempest. "Then we can test the release point of the spell our friend knows. If it works, we can free her. I am willing to try. Maybe we can also contain her."

She looks to Lektra and asks, "Think you can use the spell on the big one Lektra?"

As she says her words, her pack has been busy. She has just increased in mass and size by double what it once was. The noise nearly undetectable from the gears if a Machine. Aurora looks to be geting ready for a fight.

(Alicorn Buster Armor activated. Also can handle draconic life forms.)

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

Clayton noticed Tempest's change in demeanor and put a hoof on his shoulder. "It'll be ok, Tempest. Well find a way to save it, if there is someone in there." The unicirn had seen the way that thing from earlier had contorted its body and knew no pony could've been in it.

I followed Cura as he led us through the streets, scanning the insides of the half fallen house for structural weaknesses. It seemed stable enough in that position as we proceeded through it. It was all good until we met the 3 Pegasus androids and 6 EP androids. I got to scanning them and confirmed they were the general purpose models that shouldn't pose a problem to us. All was well until a dragon dropped from the sky.

I nodded. "I could change the android's alignment so it becomes our ally, but it would be up to you guys to get the true mind of the one trapped inside to surface again. I'll need time to cast. Cover me. Attack once you see me starting to affect the dragon." I jetted off to the top floor of a nearby house. On the second floor I had a good view of the pony androids and the dragon android, while for the moment we had the element of surprise. Or did we? My Horn Enhancer Module would allow me to cast without suffering exhaustion from overuse, but I'd still need time to make it work on something of that size. Dragons were pretty smart, and I was sure they'd included that trait when they converted the dragon into an android.

Regardless I got to work and concentrated my horn magic. A yellow magic aura appeared around the dragon android's head as it started to spread down it's whole body slowly. My goal was to consume and delete MECH OS, reinstate underlying species intelligence, and get it to understand that MECH wasn't it's ally. In theory it should then help us by the enemy of my enemy is my friend principle. I continued to concentrate while keeping an eye on the suit's scanners for more potential hostiles.

Edited by bronislav84

img-31286-1-img-31286-1-img-31286-1-img-
by @Balareth+@Onion Sing

My OC Lektra Bolt: EvE Version/EqE Archive. My links in one place: https://lektragaming.carrd.co

As soon as the yellow aura started surounding the dragon machine, Aurora sprung into action, attacking the 6 ep types and the 3 Pegasus types. "Delta-Harmonic Destroyer!"

From her enlarged forehooves and the six stones in her chest a burst of pure magical and electrical energy shoots out and impacts in a 25 foot cone AoE burst. (75% suit power remaining. Must recharge at 25% to continue using repulsers and Harmony Beam/Destroyer.)

The dragon began to feel a slight buzzing its mind and shook its head. "Warning. Hack attempt detected. Setting up firewall." It said in a somewhat feminine voice.

Tempest activated his suit of armor and energy swords as his aura surrounded him. The robots begin to move away from their position and look through each window, trying to find whoever was trying to break into the system. "They know." He said, as the purple energy blades extended.

Firewall detected. That worked, for about five seconds. Consume. Delete. Erase. Electrical signals are nothing to me. If I wanted to, and I really didn't because we were trying to rescue the dragon and not hurt it, I could have scrambled it's circuits and left it in that state. Would have been so much simpler, really. But I really didn't want to. I had to carefully remove MECH OS without affecting the underlying parts of the animal forced to have it's intelligence in this....thing. It was trapped in it's own body and couldn't do anything, even if that body was synthetic.

My HUD was alerting me to hostiles incoming. I really didn't have time to be precise and possibly save them too, so I had to fight them off. Two Pegasi burst through the windows and an EP came into the room through the house. Releasing Micro Mana Missiles from my suit I let loose on the Pegasi bots causing them to crash to the floor of the house damaged. They were attempting self repairs and I really didn't care to finish them off at that point. The EP came up behind me thinking it had the element of surprise, but my scanners had long detected it. I reached out my left back hoof and blasted it back with a Mana Blast. Again, not destroyed but damaged enough that it would be out for a while. If there was time I might set them free from MECH too.

I went back to consuming and deleting MECH OS inside the dragon robot. I had gotten to about 70% before I was interrupted and it had already started to become disoriented as the dragon's instincts were fighting with the programming. Pretty soon I would be done and it's instincts would fully take over to help us fight off the remaining MECH forces. That or attempt to eat us.......

by @Balareth+@Onion Sing

My OC Lektra Bolt: EvE Version/EqE Archive. My links in one place: https://lektragaming.carrd.co

Aurora desides to make use of her new burst attack. As she begins to charge her attack, the remaining MECH Drones can detect a high energy output increase coming from the oversized mechanized unit. Aurora, through her sensor grid, targets all MECH units that aren't currently disabled within a 20 foot radius area centered on her. It only will take a moment for the ability to fully charge.

(edited)

The dragon growled as it shook her head. She then looked at Tempest and it's whole body seized. "T...Tem...pest." She said, before her glowing green eyes shut off and her body went limp

The bat pony's eyes widened and his whole body shook. "No." He whispered as a tear rolled down his cheek. "I'm sorry, Gale." He didn't even notice the earth pony bot sneaking up from behind him and struck the back of his head, sending him into unconsciousness. A red warning light flashed within his armor as it powered down, but didn't retract itself.

The android itself began to drag the bat pony away and broke into a all out gallop.

Edited by Drago Ryder

Clayton smirked as he levitated the six guns he had gotten in a semicircle around him and took potshots at any android that got to close. "Is it just me, or is this to easy." He said.  "I mean, we are a bit outnumbered, but they seem to be dropping like flies." The unicorn then took out his scythe and slashed at a pegesus bot that had wandered to close to him.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Dashia bolts, with full thrusters, after the ep unit who has Tempest. She says, "take this you walking pile of scrap." She comes down with thrusters slowing before it and moves to buck it, as it attempts to act. If the buck hits, she drains nearly all but it critical power from the ep unit and gains 10% power into her core.

Well when I had asked them for a plan of action I didn't think they just go in guns ablaze. Cursing under his breath, Cura leap from his cover and began making a beeline for the aid station, trying to avoid as many of the androids a possible, especially the draconian one. Now every robot in the town's going to be after us now, which means we have maybe ten minutes before we get overrun. At least Lektra's doing a number on the dragon. He noted as he watched the draconian android become surrounded by her magical aura, causing it to begin moving erratically. Eventually, it finally collapsed as Cura reached the aid station, though he could have swore it said something as it crumpled to the ground. adrenaline coursing through him and a he prepared to though he could had swore it said something as it did. Whatever it was, it was enough to grab the bat pony's attention as stared at the body, unaware of the machine sneaking up behind him. " Look out!" Cura cried, but it was too late as the machine stuck the bat pony in the back of the head, knocking him unconscious, and began galloping away. No! Taking to the air, Cura took off after the robot, determined not stand by as another pony was taken in front of him. However, the pegasus mare was faster, managing to close the distance quicker than anything he had ever seen and attempting to deliver a punishing buck to the bot. Though he wasn't able to see if it connected as he focused on flapping his winger harder to close the distance.  

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."

-Albert Camus

The android didn't have much time to react and the attack hit it's mark, sending the robot into a wall and dropping Tempest to the ground. It's eyes were glowing faintly but it wasn't moving.

The same could also be said for the bat pony. His breathing was faint and his mind was shattered. He had failed to protect a friend and it had cost her so much. "Why. Why couldn't it have been me?" He thought to himself.

Aurora goes over to him. "Look Tempest. A friend is a friend. If you fail to stop what happens to them, you then help them. come on a friend needs your help. That ep unit isn't going anywhere. It's critical functions are all that's left. I drained it of its power disabling it."

She picks him up and goes back to the dragon machine. She seats him down and says, "Your friend needs you now more then ever. Help her and she will help you as it has been before."

Aurora now protects both for when the machines come. "Come and get me you scrap heaps! I can take you and make you puddy under my hooves!"

(edited)

I'd finished the deletion of MECH OS from the dragon, and instead of it helping us or attempting to eat us it shut down. Okay, not what I was hoping would happen. While these were mere drones, we were still outnumbered and they could call for reinforcements. My HUD alerted me to the shutdown of Tempest's suit. He must have gotten knocked pretty hard if it broke through the suit's shields. I was about to head over to his location when I was hit from behind, getting knocked into a wall. They'd already repaired themselves? Shields at 60 percent but rising slowly. They don't regenerate until I stop taking damage.

It was the EP android, standing over me with it's red eyes glowing thinking I was out. I stood up and focused my magic, conjuring a spear and sending it through the air to impale the android through it's body to make it stuck to the floor. It's eyes turned off, signifying it was out for now. The Pegasus androids were up as well, and started to beat at me while hovering. Shields at 40% and falling rapidly. I didn't have time to use any of the ranged attacks so I conjured a pair of lances on my front hooves out of hard electricity to fight them. I could block the attacks with my lances, but I instead attacked the two of them through the chest, taking them out for the moment. They were already damaged before.

The three androids were out of commission but not destroyed. It made me feel bad about pretty much killing two back at the castle. I'd forgotten that these machines had a pony transferred into them. I used my metalbending to carry the three outside with me where the others were defending the downed Tempest next to the dragon android. His suit should reboot soon and my shields were regenerating again slowly.

I used Micro Mana Missiles to help hold off the bots. Could we hold out long enough for the dragon to reboot and for Tempest to communicate with it? Maybe it could help us after all.

Edited by bronislav84

by @Balareth+@Onion Sing

(edited)

As Aurora's words echoed through the town, a group of four pegesi androids flew out of the air and charged at the group. The mainframe had detected a break in the system and sent them to the last know location.

Tempest felt warm as he laid next to Gale, but something felt wrong. Metal blocked her normally soft scales and his mind was in a freefall. As he opened his eyes, everything was burning around him and he knew why. He had failed to protect those he cared for. Friends, family, all dead to the chaos the androids had brought. The bat pony had failed on multiple occasions, and it weighed heavily on his mind. "I will find a way to end this." He muttered.

Edited by Drago Ryder

(edited)

Aurora grins and says, "You want them. Then come and get them. I will tear you a new one."

Aurora took a swing at the first one to come towards her charges. She decided to make use of her alicorn buster's strength servos. Does she hit, who knows but she lets nothing near the two. "Mess with my friends and I will kick your metal flanks from here to the moon!"

(edited)

Finally reaching the unconscious bat pony, Cura attempted to gentle remove the helmet as he dropped his saddlebags the ground. Unfortunately, it appeared the helmet refused to come off. Giving one more attempt to remove it,  he found it stubbornly remained put. Gently placing the bat pony's head back into the ground, he searched for the helmets releasing method, only to find nothing. I'm losing valuable time, There's got to be a way to get this helmet off! he thought urgently as he tried to think of a way to remove the helmet. After a few seconds a solution suddenly struck him. The goggles! Spinning around, dug into his saddlebags and quickly retrieved the goggles, his vision filling turning to a slightly blueish tint as the HUD came online. Scanning on the armor, Cura finally found what the release mechanism, a small button along the left side of the bat pony's neck. Upon pressing it, a small hiss came from the helmet  as it folded onto itself and retracted into the rest of the armor. Finally! He thought in relief as he scanned the pony's head, the goggles quickly locating and labeling his injury, as box with the words blunt force trauma as the goggles focused on the back of the head. Gently rolling the bat pony onto his stomach, Cura moved the goggles to his forehead to examine the injury with his own eyes. On the back of the pony's head a noticeable amount of swelling was beginning to form, with blood slowly leaking out of the wound.

Small amount of bleeding along with swelling in the wound, he should be fine. The swelling should go down in a few hours if I can find something cold to place on the wound and with some stitches the bleeding should stop. Though unfortunately, he going to have at least a minor concussion. He was still lucky since it appeared the helmet absorbed most of the force. Pulling out one of the first aid kits, a bottle of disinfectant, and a roll of bandages, Cura began treating the bat pony's wound. Creaking open the first aid kit, he pulled out some of the gauze and using the disinfectant, he cleaned as much blood as possible out of the wound. Discarding the bloody gauze, he paused and turned to Lektra and shouted, " I'm going to need five minutes, can you get me that?" 

@@bronislav84,@@Drago Ryder,  

Edited by Blacklight

-Albert Camus

Aurora says, "I got ya covered. Do what you need to. I won't let anything get near these two."

Aurora continues to attempt to knock away and out cold more machines. She keeps them away from the three. She also decides to target the few close together fliers with her Delta-Destroyer.

The energy builds a bit. "Come on almost there just a little closer."

As soon as the 4 get closer to her, She rears up and points her oversized hooves in their direction. "Got ya!" She releases another large beam of eenergy towards the 4. If it hits, it deals large amounts of damage.

Two of the androids dodged while the other two exploded as the beam struck their energy core. The EP android then noticed a large piece of debris and bucked it at Aurora while the pegesus mech flew behind it. If it worked, they would have a few more ponies to add to the system and would be able to reinstall the dragoness.

Tempest shivered within his nightmare as ponies screamed and were killed without mercy. He heard a explosion somewhere in the distance as everything faded into darkness. He could feel the pain of others that he knew were probably dead. The bat pony felt himself become weighed down and found himself falling through his mind. To where, he didn't know, but it's not like he could stop this nightmare even if he could.

Clayton noticed the pegesus bot and shot six energy rounds at it, hoping to take it down. He then looked around to make sure that no other androids were coming. "This is getting insane. We need to get out of here while we still can. I don't know about the dragon, but we can at least carry Tempest and still move at a good speed." He thought. When the unicorn went to shoot at the earth pony mech, he heard a dull click. He holstered his weapons, figuring they would recharge and drew his scythe.

(edited)

Okay, we were pretty pinned down. "Incoming!" I needed a bit to conjure a big sword, and just made it barely in time to cut the debris rock in half around us. Unfortunately it took down my shields and did some damage to the suit. Auto repair kicked in but I was more interested in the shields coming back. Meanwhile I furiously shot Micro Mana Missile volleys at everything around us. Targeting would guide them to their targets, but they could still be dodged.

Shields back online and slowly climbing to nominal levels. I extended my shields outward around the party to protect us and the dragon. Was she really worth it? If we died here all would have been for nothing. My shields wouldn't last long extended like that, but it could buy us some time. Meanwhile I used the big six foot tall hard lightning sword I made earlier to slash at what was left of the androids. There was no time for finesse and trying to detach them from the system.

Edited by bronislav84

by @Balareth+@Onion Sing