open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) (RP)

P-Jay

@Star Saber@J.R.

-snip-

"I don't know, that's what i'm trying to figure out." She looked up, catching eyes with Rhetoric across the bed. She then turned to the two kids who had followed her in to answer them.

"Yes, Celestia will be fine. She just needs to rest for a while, then she'll be okay." She immediately turned back to Rhetoric Rash, giving him that same sincere look as before.

"Celestia doesn't do things without a reason; this had to be planned. What I don't get is why..."

"Because she wanted to teach him a lesson, obviously. Celestia's all about those, isn't she?" Trixie had finally decided to walk up and make herself known, bearing a slightly bitter expression as she talked. "She was trying to prove something to you, and now she's in the hospital because of it." She muttered under her breath, voice low and biting. "...serves her right."

"Trixie!" She called out to the unicorn suddenly, startling her. "What?!" She shouted back angrily, temper suddenly flaring despite herself. "You know as well as I do that she set all of this up, so don't expect me to feel sorry for her because one of Celestia's perfect plans finally backfired on her! Because Trixie will not!"

She practically spat the words out, then turned and barged out of the room, roughly knocking past Lektra without recognizing her. Sunset Shimmer watched her go, then turned back to Rhetoric once again.

"I'm sorry, that's Trixie, she can be a little...over the edge at times. I'm Sunset Shimmer, it's nice to meet you, Rhetoric Rash." She smiled, not holding out a hoof only because that would require she lean over Celestia's body, something she was not willing to do. Even if she was sleeping.

...Trixie sat down on a waiting chair outside in the hospital hall, choosing one far away from Celestia's room. She didn't even want to hear the conversations that they were having in there.

"Great job, Celestia, you found yourself another one. You're always doing things for others, aren't you? Everypony except..."

She sighed, hugging herself slightly as she waited in the hall.

-------

@J.R.

Diamond Tiara curiously eyed the pictures that Silver Spoon had given her, the ones depicting Ice Blizzard and Rarity in the process of entering the secret portal to what was supposedly an absolute paradise. And, dimly, she was aware of the fact that this would be an incredible boon to the Chatty Cathy. Even if what Silver Spoon had told her was true, and it couldn't be opened, that wouldn't stop ponies from trying. There would be thousands here, all clamoring for the chance to try their hand at opening the door. And it would all be because of her. But...

She looked hard at the pictures, and thought of the pony behind them, an absolutely tense decision running through her mind.She paused, for a moment, before she placed the pictures back down on the desk in front of her.

"We're not running these. Get rid of them."

-------

@J.R.

Rarity was stopped off at the workshop, as promised, and watched Ice Blizzard leave. She was a touched concerned with the way he acted, but figured he could handle himself. Also, she believed they both needed some alone time, as she said; him, to sort out his true self from his passion, and her...

She walked over to the machine that usually housed la clochette, and placed all of her gems back into their appropriate spots. As she did, it occurred to her how much she really cared for him, and that maybe, in that moment, she should have explained to him that she was trying to save him. Nopony should ever have to put on a mask to fit in around others; Rarity had learned that a long time ago.

She sat down, running the machine that worked on refining la clochette, and it just now also occurred to her how silent this house was...

-------

Sleight Mist, still standing on the waters' surface simply nodded at Terra; her temper was gone now, and she was feeling slightly cooler now after the long talk.

"I honestly can't even begin to understand you. You talk a hell of a lot, but I feel like I haven't learned anything about you from talking to you..."

"As it should be. This is my burden to pass al-"

"Alone. Yeah. I got that. But still, you've been out here for all of this time. I wonder if..."

Her thoughts drifted back to something that she had heard just recently in Octvia's Hall. Could she...

Sleight Mist shook her head, deciding that it didn't matter anyway.

"Nah, never mind. We all have secrets we need to keep, after all. But, since you're not willing to open up, there's really not much here for me, and I have somewhere I need to be, so..."

Sleight Mist stepped off the water and onto the shore, moving past Terra, who patiently stepped to the side to allow her to leave. The two went there separate ways, Sleight Mist heading back to Bangcolt, and the city in general, and Terra vanishing deeper into the forest...

-------

Applejack had returned to the bar after breaking up what had seemed to turn into a bar wide fight. It had been a lot of fun, she had to admit, but she had gotten a few good conks on the head while out wrestling, and she hated to admit it, but she was dog tired, and probably injured; she needed rest. And that's what she did; after giving the shift off to Berry Punch, and promising that she'd be the one to clean up after she woke up, she trudged upstairs, heading up towards the comfort of her bed.

It was a small room, nothing but a simple bed, a bookshelf, and a night stand, but for Applejack, it didn't matter, least of all now. She didn't even bother to turn on the lights; she simply slopped into bed, and in a minute, was snoozing lightly.

Edited by Fractured

@@Fractured,

Calibur didn’t enter the room; it wasn’t his place to go inside; he had no relation to the princess. Hell he barely knew anypony here at all. Instead he just took a seat outside and waited, it didn’t take very long before he notice Trixie walk out of the room and take a seat across the hall from him. She seemed to be upset about something; but Calibur couldn’t make out her muttering from where he was.

“You alright there miss?” Calibur asked with a concerned tone; his memory was fuzzy but he felt like he had met her before...

Ice was running his way to the train station, and stopped on the loading platform, and bought a ticket to take him so far North, that he'd be gone for awhile. He started to think to himself as he waited for the train, "I'm very sorry, Rarity. I can't be the way I am around you....no longer will I cause you pain, 'cuz I'm leaving...."

He then realized something, "Wait. If I leave Rarity....then I'll be no better than my father. He left my mom, and now I'm gonna leave Rarity. I wish there was a way I could avoid this, but I see no way out."

The train eventually pulled into the station, "Well...I know what I'm gonna do....." he said. The train gathered up the passengers that were leaving, and pulled away from the station.

Edited by J.R.

He remained quite and observant as all of interactions flew past him, and when finally things came to a low he cleared his throat "Nice to meet you Sunset Shimmer, but how do you know my nam- Oh right over the intercom." he sighed "Look you seem very close to the Princess, I'm terribly sorry, I didn't mean to win or to hurt her... Though now that I think about it my winning is more or less a loss. I wonder if she knew that?..." he trailed off and shook his head "Anyway I am sorry, like I sort of said this was not my intention at all." he shifted awkwardly in his place, now that he was here he didn't quite feel like he belonged

"Is um Trixie, going to be ok? She sounded awfully upset?" he was actually very intrigued about the situation and had hoped he could introduce himself to the unicorn that he had followed for a good year. But for now he was the fly on the wall 

@@Fractured,

Edited by The Down Trotten

Ice bolted from that station, back into the city. He wasn't about to let himself become like his father, and leaving the pony he loves. Not today, not tomorrow, not next week, NEVER. His father's actions were disgusting. Leaving his wife for what? All because of Ice? And if Ice left Rarity, would he be any better? The answer was simple, "NO." Ice shouted, taking off his disguise to reveal who he really was, "I am Icesius Snowfort Blizzard....." he said while running, "And I am Not. Like. My. Father!"

He continued running until he reached his apartment, and flopped down on his bed and instantly fell asleep from his level of fatigue.

Edited by J.R.

@@J.R.,

Fuse was minding his business, walking through the streets of Bangcolt when some crazy stallion ran up the street yelling his name and saying… something about fathers? Who cared. “Wow I guess there’s no more room in the asylum for crazy ponies.” Fuse muttered to himself as he continued walking.

Edited by Star Saber

@Star Saber

Trixie heard a familiar  voice, and looked up. Her mood immediately darkened when she saw who had called her; it was that same pony who she had met before, the one who had walked up to her and demanded a refund from her. Calibur. Her voice one again reached a low growl, only this time, in rage instead of annoyance.

"Trixie does not need your assistance." Her eyes were closed now; her teeth squinted. "Trixie also does not give refunds, so I suggest it would be in your best interest if you would ever so kindly leave Trixie's side and piss. Off." She emphasized the word with venom, and a single spark from her horn that slept slowly through the air before popping in a miniature fireworks display.

---------

@J.R.,@Star Saber,@The Down Trotten

"I know it's not your fault; Celestia works in mysterious ways. And, about Trixie...I honestly don't know." It was a fair statement; Sunset Shimmer didn't know Trixie all that well, outside from casual interactions at Canterlot High. But, that was a different pony...right?

"She may calm down after a while, but i'm not sure. Maybe someone should go check on her..." She let that question hang in the air, making a turn to go down the hall and see herself...

-------

...Meanwhile, in Trixie's shop, a mysterious white unicorn foal emerged from the back imbuing room, carrying a griffins armor that had been done as per instructions by Trixie. As she dragged the armor behind her through the cluttered shop, it took a few minutes for her to get it where she wanted it, but she eventually managed to drag it behind the counter, along with all of the other pieces of armor that Trixie had had on her list. She looked down, pleased at her work, before, suddenly, she got a strange urge.

She moved to the back, and it wasn't a minute before she emerged again, carrying a brand new record player with her magic and a CD in her mouth. After she moved it to the corner, and placed the disk in, she ran over to the back side of the counter before it went off. Making a springing jump off of the just previously requested armor, she made it onto the table, and once there...she moved up and down on the counter, shaking her mane and tail to the tune of the beat and singing. Loudly.

"Each morning I get up, I die a little...can barely stand on my feet..."

@@Fractured, @@The Down Trotten, @@Star Saber,

Axton was awake fully by now, and sat up in his hospital bed, "Ugh....where am I? How did I get here?" He looked over to the bed next to him, "Ho-lee buck. What is the princess doing here? Isn't she supposed to be all-powerful. I'd hate to come face to face with the guy who beat her."

@@Fractured,

Calibur was absolutely speechless; he had no idea what set Trixie off although the refund remark did sound familiar- wait. Calibur finally clued in and realized how much of a jerk he had been to her earlier. Even though he wasn’t a fan of her shows and honestly though she was a bit of a bragard; sleep deprived or not what he said…

“I’m sorry… I guess I’ll just shut up then…” Calibur apologized then followed through with his word and kept his mouth shut. Why did he even bother staying? It’s not like he was there for anypony, maybe it was for Sunset since… on the night he had met her she felt to him like she was a bit lonely. Although now it seems she had plenty of friends to keep her company, possibly including the princess… even if one of them was a bit… grumpy at the moment to put it lightly.

Calibur guessed he was redundant at this point...

Edited by Star Saber

@@J.R., @@Star Saber,@@Fractured,

As Sunset turned around he over heard Axton in the other room and he almost paled. He wasn't quite ready to live up the idea that he had beaten the Princess (even though he was convinced he hadn't). "Let me go check up on Trixi, you should stay here with the Princess, you seem much closer to her then I could ever be after all." he looked around a bit frantically, seeing some napkins and a small pencil he quickly and rather crudely, due to having to use his mouth, wrote a short note.

Sorry about the shenanigans, I really need to think some of these things through more often don't I? Thank you for well everything in the past few hour, and well, yeah. Oh and by the way, for a thousand years old you still dance pretty well.

His note written he stuck it with the flowers "With me luck Miss Shimmer I may or may not get blown up. Oh and thank you for understanding so well." he bowed and with some haste left the room and peeked into the hall only to hear the tail end of the interaction . He gulped and racked his brain on how he should handle the situation. He realized he didn't know Trixie at all, save that one time he had actually seen a preformace. Alright, well try something you dunce. Limping forward he cleared his throat "Is the Great and Powerful Trixie accepting visitors? " he remained standing a few feet away from her trying to give her space "If she is I was wondering if she would be willing to indulge a poor foolish stallion with some help? He's, I mean I've come across a bit of a problem and your the only pony who I can think of who can help me." he wasn't lying, he was having a odd case of stage fright, with his new fame and all. As he waited for an answer he noticed the other pony who had spoken to her. Just by the look on his face Rhetoric knew he was in a state of awkward and sad. If only he knew who he was he could at least have an idea where to begin

@J.R.

Sunset Shimmer saw the pony sit up in bed, and simply looked up from Celestia and over at him casually.

"You're in Bangcolt's hospital. They carried you in here a little after the princess. And considering you're up right now, it probably wasn't anything serious. You'll be fine."

She turned back to Celestia, although she was still speaking to the new pony.

"And, you're wrong; she's not all-powerful. She hurts like every one of us." She reached out, wrapping a leg around one of Celestia's and holding it there. "Maybe even more."

---------

@Star Saber@The Down Trotten

Trixie wasn't going to shout at Calibur again, but she was also too caught up in herself at the moment to care that she had hurt his feelings. So, she decided to settle for the middle ground; turning her head and glowering at the hospital bench, subliminally willing it to catch fire.

The process was interrupted, mercifully for the hospital staff, by the presence of another pony, Rhetoric Rash. Trixie whipped her head around to stare at him, sadly, this time.

"What does a pony like you want with somepony like Tr- like me? You have the hoof of a princess behind you; what could I possibly do to help you?"

-------

It was getting to the ending chorus, and it seemed like the entire place had joined in to the dancing efforts of the white pegasus foal. Or maybe it was just that loud; the shelves bounced up and down, amulets shook in their places, and the armor on the floor rattled with a sound like the shaking of aluminum, musical accompaniment to the miniature performance that was going on.

"I've been searching high and low..." She jumped up, fluttering her wings a little in emphasis. The words repeated, and she did it again. Her voice couldn't reach the note on the second part, and squeaked at its high end, but she had a mission now, and she had gone too far to stop now. She continued with the rest of the song; the final act.

"Can anypony find me... Somepony too..." She held the note surprisingly for as long as the record did, stretching out her body adorably in emphasis to the words. But, it was at this point that the inevitable happened; her back hoof slipped off the edge of the counter, taking her with it to the floor below. All the while, the music still played.

Loooooooooooovvvvvvveeeeee...

Edited by Fractured
  • Brohoof 2

@@Fractured,

Axton was shocked. He didn't know that the princesses were that vulnerable as he thought it over, "Really? Wow. I guess that makes it just that much easier then...."

He then spoke aloud, "So....I wonder who would actually stand a chance.....And by the way, who are you?" he asked the mare with the mustard-ketchup mane.

Edited by J.R.

He actually laughed a little "Well that all depends on what your willing to do, Madam Lulamoon, for I am of the mind that while the Princess is powerful, she lacks a certain, um, jen a sa qua, that only a pony like yourself has." he didn't feel comfortable yet saying that that something was having more mortal faults and trails but to someone like him those things were important  "But for starters I am in desperate need of some insight. Normally I do not get shall we say stage fright, being a public speaker I simply can not have such an aliment, but if the recent turn of events. I find myself shell shocked. Tell me, do you deal with having to be something your not... er wait is that the right question?" he was getting his actual questions mixed up with his theoretical ones he had told himself never to ask unless under certain circumstances.  "Anyway, as you can see I'm still a bit scatter brained, my apologies."

"What does a pony like you want with somepony like Tr- like me? You have the hoof of a princess behind you; what could I possibly do to help you?"

"We're not running these. Get rid of them."

"...What." Silver Spoon felt like a door had just been slammed in her face, and was finding it hard to speak at the moment. She wasn't serious, was she?

"You heard me; get rid of it. We can run something else." Diamond Tiara passed the pictures slowly back to her friend, and it was easy to see that something was off; she wasn't quite meeting Silver Spoon's gaze as she spoke. Silver Spoon noticed it almost immediately; being a best friend gave her that privilege. She took a deep breath.

"...Di." This wasn't a friendly voice, it was a serious one, and one that Silver Spoon used very rarely. She wanted to make sure she was being listened to. "You know how important this article could be, right? This could be one of the biggest stories the Chatty Cathy has had to date! We could be famous!"

"No, not really." Diamond Tiara realized it was a weak retaliation, but went with it anyway. "You said it yourself that nopony can open the door without some sort of special thing. Once everypony knows that, they'll-"

"No." Silver Spoon cut her friend off with a word; she knew that was a complete lie. "You know as well as I do that that doesn't matter. Ponies will be all over this place, whether they can open the portal or not. You know that."

Silver Spoon got on her knees and leaned her front hooves over the desk; she was staring directly into Diamond Tiara's eyes now.

"Di, what's wrong?"

--------

@J.R.

It was only when Sunset Shimmer heard her name being asked for by the new hospital arrival that she regarded him, looking up from Celestia to look directly at him for the first time. And, as she looked at him, she didn't quite get it, but something about this pony sent chills up her spine, like she had just become the subject in a horror movie. She sub-consciously tensed up.

"I'm Sunset Shimmer, and i'm..." She paused, mulling over the question as she held onto Celestia's hoof, and she realized that she didn't know. Who or what she was to Celestia anymore? Student? Friend? Companion? Or something else entirely?

"...I'm somebody from the princesses past." She finally decided as she gripped the princesses hoof stronger than before. "And to answer your question, a lot of ponies can. But none of them will. Not while i'm here."

-------

@The Down Trotten

Trixie took a deep breath; she knew the answer to this question. And, even if she wanted to hate him right now, it was something she could at least relate to. From bitter experience.

"I'd admit it as soon as I can. Because, it's not all it's cracked up to be. Sooner or later, the truth will be known somehow, like it always does, and you'll be revealed as a sham. Afterward, not only will you have nothing, you'll be worse off. Ponies will start to resent you...then hate you..."

She'd been speaking in a semi-mechanical fashion, and the fact had just occurred to her. She looked up, meeting Rhetoric's eyes.

"The best way to deal with being somepony you're not is not to be that pony in the first place. And, in your case, i'd do it as soon as possible. This is Bangcolt, the city of fighters; they'll be coming from all over in order to beat the pony that beat Celestia, in any way possible. Those of us that think it was legitimate, anyway." She still had no doubt that the match was rigged, but, it didn't matter at the moment. She actually felt sorry for him; he'd face a lot of trouble before this was over.

Edited by Fractured

Time seemed to slow down around Tyra, watching as Lorec collapsed next to her while she stood still. Both were battered, broken and bleeding, but she was still standing.

She actually couldn't believe it. She had won.

But, she didn't understand something. There had to be more to this.

"Why?" She finally asked, her voice breathy from her heavy panting and gasping, "Why...did you push yourself...so much to fight me...?"

Jade nodded once, smiling at her new friend. "Very well, I shall see you soon, friend."

And with a flash, she was alone on the bench.

With nothing else to do, she took up a meditative stance on the bench, standing completely frozen on one hoof.

Lorec breathed heavily, eyes focused on the sky. He gave a long, protracted sigh as his body lay limp on the ground.

" I guess you could say that there were multiple reasons, Krigare...."

He paused.

" First and foremost.... Is the reason that is most obvious to any warrior with a sense of honor and understanding of other warriors. I lost what was most precious to me here. I dishonored them and myself.... I let them die...."

At this point, Only Tyra would be able to see what was going on with Lorec. He was shedding very slight tears, but never a sob or indication otherwise of the Minotaur's state of mind.

" It was only then that I had come to terms with my own past, and what I truly was... Tyra, when two or more forces go to war, it is an unspoken truth that those who wage war do so not only for the ambitions and dreams of their leaders, but for their own dreams as well. All soldiers cast their small spark of a dream into the greatest fire, of whom is the one who leads them, to keep their own flame and the greater fire burning and alive. When I was younger.... I indulged in the ending of dreams, and held not a single regret for a life that I took. To me, war was just a game. And I? A masterful player who partook often, not caring of the consequences to others."

He paused again, and closed his eyes.

" .... It was not until my own comrades and loved ones were taken from me, that I realized how much pain I must have dealt out in over two decades. Up and coming warriors, fathers, sons.... I ended many dreams as the beast of Saduaris. Not only was the pain of failure thrust upon my back, but even the guilt of ending so many has nawed upon my soul like a vulture pecking at a rotting carcass..."

Opening his eyes once more, his tears had stopped as soon as they had begun.

" War, like hunting, is in my nature. I love the thrill of battle and the adrenaline that a half-decent fight could produce. However, I could no longer enjoy a fight when every time I swung my sword.... I was reminded of everything. The Beast could no longer find an escape, and these feelings began to build up because I was too afraid and too prideful to admit that I enjoyed war for the sake of war, even though it was through war that I lost them. My pleasure was a guilty one."

The soul of Viruden, the Ursa King, seemingly seeped out of Lorec as an amber Aura, and back into the broken blade that had landed beside him.

" As time passed, however... I would come to adopt Sifana, the daughter of slain comrades, as my own, a promise I made to her parents as they left our world for Yülver's long ago. Wishing to never again know the pain of that loss and also seeking a better life for her, I would come to Equestria, meeting many compatriots who I fought beside, including Kazas, Syuren, and the other keepers of primordial souls... They provided me with shelter, companionship, and.... Forgiveness."

He smiled slightly, still looking upward, watching as clouds floated in the artificial arena's sky.

" In time, with the help of all of them, I'd finally be able to forgive and accept myself for what I am. But the rage, the sadness, the sorrow... It remained. I needed an outlet, someone worthy of me drawing my sword against, in order to release all of that negativity... I chose you, Tyra."

Lorec sighed heavily again, and even looked relaxed.... Even content.

" When I saw you... It was like I knew that you were the one I wanted to fight. The one I needed to fight. One of the only few who could tow the line against everything I had. And you did just that. And because of that.... I was able to let go of everything as my allies and beloved watched from the great beyond. Not only have you won against me, but you also helped me purge myself as we battled.... As this was the first fight that I have truly enjoyed in a long, long time, Krigare. But it doesn't in there..."

Again, his breathing, slow and heavy, pervaded for a short amount of time.

" I considered you a friend before this fight even started, Tyra... And I wanted to be sure of one thing. That you were strong enough to act as the indomitable wall that shields your cherished loved ones. That you would never suffer what I have suffered. You reminded me greatly of my son, Byüln.... Hell, you're almost just like he was. Strong, enduring, but with a heart of gold. I desired to test you in battle and put you through absolute hell to see if you could wage war in even the most psychologically, mentally, and physically demanding conditions. And not only did you do that... But you achieved victory in the process, along with countering power that was to even myself, new, as I've never been able to tap into it that deeply... Your beloved never need fear another's wrath as long as you are with them."

Once more, he paused, and then, with a slight smile on his face, he spoke one more time.

" and here we both are... Bloodied... Battered... But reforged and all the stronger for it. Krigare Tyra...... Please... My sword. I need it.... For one more strike. One last send off to the past. I can't reach for it, but as long as I make contact with viruden's vessel..."

Edited by Hokuto's Heir
  • Brohoof 2

He pondered the idea if the fight was legitimate or not "You know I thought I was prepared for everything, I had in mind nearly and endless amounts of ways that fight was going to end  expect winning. There was no way in Tarturus I was going to win... and here I am the so called victor. But really when you think about it, it kind of makes me the loser, and I can't help but wonder if she did that on purpose." he groaned at the uncertainty then sighed and re-met Trixie's eyes

"I'm rambling again, sorry... you know you've helped me would you perhaps allow me to help you. Not that you need it per say, but I can tell you need to vent, other wise your going to explode. And while I do admire your fireworks I don't think these four walls could handle their magnitude. By the way your performance in Manehatten, excellent, one of my more fond memories of my brief visit there." the reasons for it being brief were something he didn't often share aloud and he wasn't going to start now. 

@@Fractured,

Lorec breathed heavily, eyes focused on the sky. He gave a long, protracted sigh as his body lay limp on the ground.

" I guess you could say that there were multiple reasons, Krigare...."

He paused.

" First and foremost.... Is the reason that is most obvious to any warrior with a sense of honor and understanding of other warriors. I lost what was most precious to me here. I dishonored them and myself.... I let them die...."

At this point, Only Tyra would be able to see what was going on with Lorec. He was shedding very slight tears, but never a sob or indication otherwise of the Minotaur's state of mind.

" It was only then that I had come to terms with my own past, and what I truly was... Tyra, when two or more forces go to war, it is an unspoken truth that those who wage war do so not only for the ambitions and dreams of their leaders, but for their own dreams as well. All soldiers cast their small spark of a dream into the greatest fire, of whom is the one who leads them, to keep their own flame and the greater fire burning and alive. When I was younger.... I indulged in the ending of dreams, and held not a single regret for a life that I took. To me, war was just a game. And I? A masterful player who partook often, not caring of the consequences to others."

He paused again, and closed his eyes.

" .... It was not until my own comrades and loved ones were taken from me, that I realized how much pain I must have dealt out in over two decades. Up and coming warriors, fathers, sons.... I ended many dreams as the beast of Saduaris. Not only was the pain of failure thrust upon my back, but even the guilt of ending so many has nawed upon my soul like a vulture pecking at a rotting carcass..."

Opening his eyes once more, his tears had stopped as soon as they had begun.

" War, like hunting, is in my nature. I love the thrill of battle and the adrenaline that a half-decent fight could produce. However, I could no longer enjoy a fight when every time I swung my sword.... I was reminded of everything. The Beast could no longer find an escape, and these feelings began to build up because I was too afraid and too prideful to admit that I enjoyed war for the sake of war, even though it was through war that I lost them. My pleasure was a guilty one."

The soul of Viruden, the Ursa King, seemingly seeped out of Lorec as an amber Aura, and back into the broken blade that had landed beside him.

" As time passed, however... I would come to adopt Sifana, the daughter of slain comrades, as my own, a promise I made to her parents as they left our world for Yülver's long ago. Wishing to never again know the pain of that loss and also seeking a better life for her, I would come to Equestria, meeting many compatriots who I fought beside, including Kazas, Syuren, and the other keepers of primordial souls... They provided me with shelter, companionship, and.... Forgiveness."

He smiled slightly, still looking upward, watching as clouds floated in the artificial arena's sky.

" In time, with the help of all of them, I'd finally be able to forgive and accept myself for what I am. But the rage, the sadness, the sorrow... It remained. I needed an outlet, someone worthy of me drawing my sword against, in order to release all of that negativity... I chose you, Tyra."

Lorec sighed heavily again, and even looked relaxed.... Even content.

" When I saw you... It was like I knew that you were the one I wanted to fight. The one I needed to fight. One of the only few who could tow the line against everything I had. And you did just that. And because of that.... I was able to let go of everything as my allies and beloved watched from the great beyond. Not only have you won against me, but you also helped me purge myself as we battled.... As this was the first fight that I have truly enjoyed in a long, long time, Krigare. But it doesn't in there..."

Again, his breathing, slow and heavy, pervaded for a short amount of time.

" I considered you a friend before this fight even started, Tyra... And I wanted to be sure of one thing. That you were strong enough to act as the indomitable wall that shields your cherished loved ones. That you would never suffer what I have suffered. You reminded me greatly of my son, Byüln.... Hell, you're almost just like he was. Strong, enduring, but with a heart of gold. I desired to test you in battle and put you through absolute hell to see if you could wage war in even the most psychologically, mentally, and physically demanding conditions. And not only did you do that... But you achieved victory in the process, along with countering power that was to even myself, new, as I've never been able to tap into it that deeply... Your beloved never need fear another's wrath as long as you are with them."

Once more, he paused, and then, with a slight smile on his face, he spoke one more time.

" and here we both are... Bloodied... Battered... But reforged and all the stronger for it. Krigare Tyra...... Please... My sword. I need it.... For one more strike. One last send off to the past. I can't reach for it, but as long as I make contact with viruden's vessel..."

Tyra listened, trying her best not to collapse from sheer exhaustion. She understood everything; Lorec's guilt, his regret for his family, and how he wanted to find peace for what he had done in his life.

She smiled at his praises, feeling pride that she could give this warrior the battle he desired. She flinched a bit, feeling a searing pain through her chest.

She heard his request for his sword, and she staggered over to the large weapon. Returning her axe to its harness, she lifted the large sword and dragged it back to the fallen minotaur, placing the hilt in his hand.

"W-what...do you plan...to do...?" She asked, breathing heavily.

@@Fractured,

Axton chuckled, which then turned into an outward laugh, "Heheheh....AHahahahha..." he found it silly that somepony could actually take the princess down so easily. "Oh, that's rich, haha," he said, wiping a tear from his eye. "Well I guess that's news then," he said sarcastically, "Hey whoever beat Celestia, save some for the rest of us!" he semi-shouted out to whoever beat her.

@J.R.

"Di, what's wrong?"

Diamond Tiara continued to avert her eyes, trying not to meet Silver Spoon's gaze, and it was only when she looked down, back at the pictures, that she understood why. The pony in the pictures... that night out in the rain...

"It's this stallion, isn't it? The one you met the other night." She held up the picture in front of Diamond Tiara's face, to where she couldn't possibly miss it. The silence she received was proof enough for her.

"Di..." She slid back away from the table, still holding the pictures. "I don't know what to say about this. This is your shot at making the big times, this is your shot at being noticed. At impressing your father..."

That finally got through; Diamond Tiara flinched like she had been struck, several times. She finally looked over at Silver Spoon, and then down at the pictures. And, despite everything that had happened, it didn't take her a second's hesitation; there was nothing in her life that was more important. Nothing.

"Send the pictures. Now." Diamond Tiara spoke almost darkly, and Silver Spoon grimaced; she hated when her friend acted like this. But, she'd hate herself more if she hadn't reminded Diamond Tiara of what was most important to her. She ran off to to the printers, with one thought in mind.

Did I do the right thing?

Meanwhile, Diamond Tiara set her elbows down on the table, and closed her eyes. Silently, she whispered to herself, as if she were performing a mantra.

"Today... the Chatty Cathy reaches new heights..."

-------

@The Down Trotten

Trixie smiled as she remembered back to that particular night; her performance in Manehatten had been one of her best. Enough fireworks that night to put the stars to shame...

But that was in the past, she thought with an external sigh. Her lack of hat and cape were proof enough of that. There was no room in this world for the Great and Powerful Trixie anymore. Just Trixie.

"You want me to go somewhere...Where to?"

-------

@J.R.

Sunset Shimmer shot him a glare from across the bed, but she didn't spare him much more than that. She was aware of the fact that she was in a hospital, and that this pony, whoever he was, was obviously attempting to instigate a fight. She wouldn't give him the satisfaction; not right now. Instead, she turned back to Celestia, now choosing to lay her head on the pillow beside her.

"Go? I don't want you to go anywhere. And who the heck am I to order you around? " this whole defeating the princess thing was just not his cup of tea "I was merely trying to say is that you seem to have a lot on your mind. Of course it's none of my business what that lot is but you really should unload some of it. I think we both know what happens when certain thoughts are aloud to permeate for too long." he winced slightly having remembered the further events of Manhatten  and how he wasn't really welcome there any more

"I don't know if you have any friends here to simply vent to, but if all else fails I humbly offer my ears and if you want them, my opinions." he looked around real quick "and between you and me, I have no desire to go back in there, not yet at least." he smiled a bit timidly, Axton's yelling had made him a wee bit nervous 

"You want me to go somewhere...Where to?"

@@Fractured,

Axton looked to his right, and saw his scythe. He tried to levitate it with his magic to test how he was doing. The signature of his magic flickered as he tried to lift it, signaling the fact that he needed more time to recuperate, "Oh dammit..." 

He looked over to the mustard-ketchup-maned mare. He turn away and shook his head, "Dang chicks, man..."

------------------------------------------

@@Fractured

After a few hours of napping, Ice felt fresh, rejuvenated. He felt happier than he did before, and forgetting completely about trying to leave Bangcolt. He went over to his desk, and looked out the window. He saw ponies holding newspapers, "Hm. I wonder what they're reading. I bet it's something good." He then got up, went downstairs, and outside. From there, he walked a bit, until he saw a newspaper stand with ponies lining up to get them, "Hm. Must be really good today."

Suddenly, after a few ponies noticed him, Ice was eventually followed. He wasn't liking it at all. Attention and fame was the last thing he would ask for due to how much he disliked it, "Hm. Is it me, or is everyone going to the same place? Nah, it's probably a coincidence..."

Once he got close enough to the stand, Ice got his hooves on a newspaper. He started to read through the main article, and saw a picture of him and Rarity entering the portal. If Ice was drinking something just then, he would've made a spit take, "What the what?! 'Portal that leads to paradise'? Wh-what the heck?!"

He looked at the glaring words that caught his eye, "Chatty Cathy." He knew who was behind this, but he didn't know why, "I...I thought we were friends....why would she do this....?"

Dropping the newspaper, Ice grew angry. The crowd of ponies got closer until Ice had just had enough, "No...no....no....NO!" He was shouting as loud as he could, and looked directly at the pony who was running the stand, "'Exclusive'?! Oh, Exclusive, huh?! EXCLUSIVE THIS!" He knocked over all of the newspapers that were on the stand as the pony behind the counter watched in fear. He knocked over all the smaller stands that had the same newspaper. He froze all of the toppled newspaper stands, and stomped them, breaking them all into small bits of ice.

He then took a bag of bits that was worth enough to pay for the damage he caused, and slammed it on the counter of the main stand, sending bits everywhere, "Go spread your dumbass articles somewhere else," he said angrily. And with that, he ran off to find Diamond Tiara....

Edited by J.R.

Axton woke up in the same large hospital room as Celestia and the others. He didn't what to say or think. He was just confused, so he tried to lay low, and remain inconspicuous to the other in the room.

"Yes, Celestia will be fine. She just needs to rest for a while, then she'll be okay." She immediately turned back to Rhetoric Rash, giving him that same sincere look as before.

She practically spat the words out, then turned and barged out of the room, roughly knocking past Lektra without recognizing her. Sunset Shimmer watched her go, then turned back to Rhetoric once again.

The children watched the exchange between Sunset and the injured stallion their sister had brought in. They figured they were not needed here. They just wanted to make sure the regal ruler who ruled fairly was alright. They said nothing, and just stayed in the room waiting for her to wake up.

"Go? I don't want you to go anywhere. And who the heck am I to order you around? " this whole defeating the princess thing was just not his cup of tea "I was merely trying to say is that you seem to have a lot on your mind. Of course it's none of my business what that lot is but you really should unload some of it. I think we both know what happens when certain thoughts are aloud to permeate for too long." he winced slightly having remembered the further events of Manhatten  and how he wasn't really welcome there any more

"I don't know if you have any friends here to simply vent to, but if all else fails I humbly offer my ears and if you want them, my opinions." he looked around real quick "and between you and me, I have no desire to go back in there, not yet at least." he smiled a bit timidly, Axton's yelling had made him a wee bit nervous

I followed Trixie and watched her talk to the guy from a distance, within earshot but not interrupting anything. She seemed to want to be alone, but also not. Mixed signals much? She hadn't even recognized me when I showed up to visit the injured stallion after he was brought in. This seemed like a good time to say something so I went over there.

"She has a friend in me, even though she hadn't noticed it was me at first. Trixie I'm here for you. What's wrong? Can I do anything to help you feel better?"

This was probably a bad time to mention my siblings might be interested in one of her light shows.

@@Fractured, @@The Down Trotten,

-

Calibur sat quietly, listening to Trixie and Rhetoric talk. From listening to what Trixie had been saying started to give Calibur a better idea of the kind of pony she really was which only made his rudeness towards her sting even more.

It didn’t take very much longer for another pony to join the conversation and Calibur felt like the place was getting too crowded for him. He stood out of his seat and took a step towards the room Celestia was resting in but stopped. He was going to go see how Sunset was doing but; he guessed she had enough ponies here to worry about her and decided against it. Instead he just turned around and silently left the hospital.

Calibur traveled north along the streets of Bangcolt; looking out for a place to set up while he was in town since another all-nighter wasn’t in his best interests. As he was looking around he almost completely missed the hooded earth pony that walked straight past him. It took a second for him to catch it. Upon the realization his horn ignited with magic and he spun around 180 degrees, drawing his revolvers in the process and pointed them straight at the hooded pony’s back.

“GUNPOWDER FUSE!”

The pony ahead of him stopped and turned his head to look at Calibur his expression didn’t show that he was worried or concerned at this development, just disappointed. “Crap; now I have to deal with this… who in Tartarus are you?”

“Who am I doesn’t matter. All you need to know is.” Calibur grit his teeth; his revolvers shook in his telekinetic grip, “Dead or Alive. I’m taking you in!”

“Oh, wow… that’s rich.” Fuse turned around to face Calibur fully. A cocky smile spread across his face. “I’ve never met anyone who claimed they could do anything other than fester and rot while dead!”

“Bastard!” Calibur opened fire, however with a blast of fire from his hooves Fuse rocketed to the side and the only thing Calibur’s bullets managed to hit were the tails of Fuse’s coat. Another burst of flames from his back hooves and Fuse rushed forwards closing the distance between the two of them faster than Calibur had anticipated. The gunslinger reoriented himself and his weapons to aim at Fuse again.

Fuse suddenly and swiftly threw his front hooves in between Calibur’s guns and swiped his arms outwards pushing them away before Calibur could shoot. His hooves generated another explosion; knocking the revolvers straight out of Calibur’s telekinetic reach. One went sliding across the open street and the other was sent clattering into a nearby wall. Fuse drew back his right hoof aiming to strike directly at Calibur’s chest. However a desperate burst of telekinetic force from Calibur’s horn sent the pyrokinetic pony skidding back across the ground.

The civilian ponies present had already been evacuating the area. Enough fights happened in Bangcolt that the general population knew it wasn’t wise to stick around when two titans began to butt heads!

“So you bring me in then what?” Fuse slammed the ground with his hoof; a glowing trail of cracks traveled along the ground towards Calibur, “Those inept guards couldn’t keep me in a cell. I’ll just break out. Violently I might add; probably taking a few of them out in the process!”

Calibur didn’t know what to expect from this attack but he wasn’t going to stand still and find out. He dived to the side; towards his gun that had bounced off the wall as a pillar of flame erupted from where he had been a moment ago. As he hit the ground and rolled Calibur reached out with his telekinetic grip and seized his revolver in it. Calibur’s horn suddenly ignited in a white flame, his eyes began to glow and his gun started radiating a golden aura.

“Then I’ll just have to put you down!” Calibur yelled before pulling the trigger. Instead of a bullet firing out of the gun a burst of light erupted from the barrel. Although Calibur had aimed at Fuse’s head Calibur wasn’t at 100% and his nap in the arena only partially relieved his fatigue; this plus the gun’s recoil sent the shot through Fuse’s ear instead.

“AUGH! LUNA DAMN IT!” Fuse screamed in pain as he clutched his bleeding ear. A burst of fire erupted from his hooves then column of fire ignited around him obscuring him from Calibur. “I’m going to make sure there’s not even ashes left of you when I’m done!”

Moments later, Fuse leapt out of the column, dashing towards Calibur in an erratic zig-zag pattern; causing Calibur’s shots to either miss him or graze Fuse with shallow wounds. Calibur’s charged Revolver misfired; jamming itself inconveniently, forcing him to draw his shotgun to counter Fuse’s approach.

However Calibur was too slow as Fuse was already upon him. His hoof igniting in intense blue flames as Fuse uppercutted Calibur’s shotgun. Bending the barrel through sheer force and heat. As Calibur pulled the trigger, the gun backfired, exploding violently and sending shrapnel back at him; cutting into him. Before Calibur could even recoil he was struck in the side by Fuse’s leg and a subsequent explosion sent Calibur spiraling into the ground. Calibur clutched his side as he lay on the ground, a few ribs likely broken and skin burnt.

“It’s been fun punk.” Fuse said in between heavy breaths. He held up one of his hooves, flames ignited around it, growing into a large ball, “But I’m done playing with you. Here’s a parting gift, a little thing I like to call, Forbidden Sun!”

Fuse launched the huge ball of flame at Calibur before the gunslinger could recover from the pain of his side. The blast hit Calibur straight on and exploded into a violent display of fire, flinging Calibur away from the blast radius.

“Better… than you… deserve.” Fuse commented before turning away; galloping away from the battleground. Leaving Calibur in a smoldering heap, only clinging to life...

Edited by Star Saber

@@Fractured

Ice ran all the way to the residential area of town. He eventually made it to the office of Chatty Cathy, aka Diamond Tiara, "Well, this is the place. She better have a damn good explanation for why she did this because this.....is the final straw....."

He opened the doors and walked in, trying to contain his building anger, "Well, well, well. If it isn't Diamond "Backstabbing" Tiara. You know I thought this newspaper of yours was something interesting, but THIS?" He held up the newspaper with him and Rarity on the front page, "THIS is going too far. You know you and your team seem like a good bunch of ponies making a newspaper, but you dare have the gall to not only betray my friendship and trust, but also invade my family's privacy and throw me under the carriage like this?"

"Do you even realize what the hell you've done? Before you open your smartass mouth with an excuse, let me answer for you: No. I don't think you do. That's my clan's sacred fighting/burial grounds," he said bitterly, "Now ponies are gonna be following me everywhere I go, asking me about that damn thing, when it's supposed to be private!"

"Let me ask you this DT," he said calmly, "What do you have to say for yourself?"

@@Star Saber,

Pinkie Pie gasped in fear; not of being admonished or berated for her forgetfulness but she was concerned. She hastily bounced off of him and spoke rapidly, "Oh my gosh, Ashie!" She screeched, "Are you ok? I am so sorry, I didn't mean to, I forgot about your wing and oh, I'm so sorry, are you alright? She blabbered worriedly.