open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) (RP)

P-Jay

Sleight Mist saw electricity crackling from the unicorn's arm, and pulled up a large amount of water in defense. She flash froze it moments before the lightning hit, protecting her from the worst of it, though the water on the ground conducted the residual lightning towards her anyway, and she felt a heavy charge run through her body. She wasn't giving up quite yet, though. She split the ice, forming it into three parts and sending it spinning towards her attacker...

Only to have it fall apart into water at the last second, giving the unicorn a small shower. She frowned, trying to summon more water, but nothing was working. She turned to Caliber, a knowing expression on her face.

"I haven't slept in a while. Coupled with that mist spell, i'm completely tapped on magic right now; I can't give anyone a good fight right now."

She turned to the unicorn who had been spying on them. "I guess for you, that means training's over. It's a shame, because I think you were starting to enjoy this as much as I was. Maybe we can settle this later," she said with a wicked grin.

"Well," she said finally, addressing the two of them, "That's about it, then. I'm going home to take a long, well-deserved rest, and I suggest you both do the same."

She turned to leave, but stopped walking momentarily. "Oh, and Caliber..." she said, turning around to look back at the unicorn.

"That was fun," she said with a small wink and a smile, before turning around a walking away again.

Caliber had stared at her when she winked at him. and smiled. "yeah...your right." he said. he turned to Rune. "now, im goin' off to bed, be sure to behave yourself." he said as he left.

---

Rune stared at whatever happened between the two. and when caliber said to 'behave' himself, he frowned."i...um...okay. i should get to sleep, too."

The Next Day...

"FILLIES AND GENTLCOLTS! WELCOME TO THE GLADIATOR ARENA! WE HAVE TWO RETURNING PONIES, ICE BLIZZARD, AND CALIBER, THE WANDERER! THESE TWO ARE FRIENDS, INCIDENTALLY, SO ITS ONLY FITTING THAT THE ARENA WILL BE..." BEEP, BOOP, "FINAL VALLEY!" the arena morphed, "WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, LET THE MATCH BEGIN!!!!!"

caliber grinned at ice blizzard. "try not to put me to sleep, eh?" he said as he unsheathed his sword. he got into a ready stance, and watched ice blizzard's aura. if he tried something funny, he would notice.

(edited)

@

Blizzard backflip jumped into the arena, "Booyah! Ice pony in and ready! And just to be nice...*steps back and pulls out Rarity magazine to read*...I'll let you go first bro, come on! Gimme your all don't hold back!"

Blizzard actually had a trick up his nonexistent sleeves...

Caliber vs. IB BGM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SihoKQ-uLqE

Edited by Ice Blizzard

@

Blizzard had triggered his counterattack, "Not quite *teleports behind Caliber* Take this!" Blizzard delivered a drop kick to Caliber's flank and had almost sent him off the cliff. So he grabbed him, "Woah, don't want you to fall, come on get up!" Blizzard then gently tossed Caliber back onto the stage, "Now Ice wall!" He made an ice wall dividing the arena between them.

"Why, thank you," said Anette cheerfully in response. Truth be told, she hoped that this would continue She was rather enjoying this turn of events; it wasn't every day you got to hold a conversation with mysterious stranger.

"I hope you don't mind me using my friends, though, since they're so close to me. I'm sure they questions of their own as well," she said, looking at her dolls, who nodded in response. And with that, the group bunched together in a huddle, whispering excitedly for a minute before coming back up to face Wilhelm. Anette gave the pegasi a confident grin.

"Okay. So, Hero noticed your sword, and wanted to know where you picked up the skills. He also saw the potion you pulled out during the fight to help with your pain, and wants to know if you're a soldier or a military man."

"Next, Heartthrob. She saw your bow, and she's curious as to whether you made all of those gadgets yourself. She also wants to know... if you're a married man. I'm sorry," she said, blushing a little before looking at Heartthrob with a hopeless expression.

"Glory. Uh, Glory likes you, I promise! ... but she's still cautious. She wants to know what your aim in this contest is, be it money or otherwise. She was also insistent on me asking whether or not any of the information you obtained from me is going to be used to bring harm to her or the rest of her family.She says... she knows a scientist when she sees one."

She coughed to break the awkward tension a little before continuing.

"And want to know..." she said, her eyes suddenly shining again, "Why did you go to Tartarus, and what's it really like there?! It must be an absolutely amazing story!" she said, almost unable to contain her excitement. She practically tossed herself backwards into a nearby chair and sat, waiting expectantly for Wilhelm's answers.

----------

...They finally made it to the training grounds, a large but simple field complete with training dummies sporting all sorts of weaponry in one corner, and target practices lined up in the other. She led him to the middle of the field before turning around to talk to him.

"Okay, we should be fine here," she said, looking around. "Look, the problem is, i'm great at this when i'm concentrating, but I need to know I can do this under pressure, and rely on it in a fight." she said, lighting up her horn as she did so. "That's where you come... in..."

She frowned as she felt the familiar connection to the water begin again; it was being disturbed. This was the second time, so she couldn't possibly be imagining things: something or someone was watching them. She didn't like being watched.

"Hey Caliber," she said, grinning, "mind if we turn this up a bit?" With that, she switched spells, the air beginning to heat up around her. Then, forcing her magic into the disturbance, she used her magic to forcefully liquefy the same space, resulting in an explosion of steam. It drifted out, covering the entire field and some overhang in an almost impenetrable fog. She gave a look of satisfaction; hopefully now whatever was watching them would just as blind to her as she was to it.

"Use your aura," she said, taking a note back to Caliber's eyes. "Can you see me?"

Wilhelm thought for a moment, collecting his answers, and he began with Hero. "I joined the Equestrian Army when I was eighteen, just out of Canterlot University. There, I showed most of my talent with a bow and with strategy- intellectual items both, to some degree- but I also learned how to use a sword. I practiced with it much, though not as much as with my true weapon, and I became rather proficient. I work not through strength, but by exploiting my enemies' weaknesses with the weapon. The fact that they know full well I'm not their equal in a straight-up duel works to my advantage, as well. To answer your question, I suppose it would be worthy to present my full title; Sergeant Wilhelm de Winter, Commander of the 201st All-Pegasus Strike Team, Retired." He smiled faintly. "Though I soon realized that my place was in the mind, not the body or the battlefield."

He moved to the next, Heartthrob. "I engineered my bow and my arrows myself; the rather ingenious pulley system and spring-loaded assistance combined with its all-metal twin arm construction leads to a unparalleled range among compound bows, and it's far above any wooden bow you can name without enchantments. The arrows, on the other hand, are mostly alchemical constructs and enchantments; I have dealings with several prominent unicorns, and I often have them work over my arsenal to produce items such as the sonic arrow. Things like the explosive arrow, however, are actually alchemical; the explosive arrow, for the sake of example, is gunpowder, whale oil, wax, and kerosene, combined with a phosphorus impact fuse. Furthermore, yes, I am single."

Wilhelm paused for a moment longer, obviously giving the greatest consideration to Glory's questions. Quietly, he replied. "I did not have much of a true aim in this contest. I came to watch, a mere diversion from the tedium of everyday life, and then, I was challenged- likely as a joke- by Caliber, who expected it to be over quickly in his favor." For a moment, Wilhelm's eyes burned with a cold fury, and then settled back to their usual placid sky-blue. "It was not." He coughed and moved to the next question, placing a hoof over his heart. "And as to your final question, O Glory, I swear upon my word not only as a gentlestallion and a officer, not to mention my integrity and the very strictures of my scientific creed, that I will not use any information gained in this talk for purposes that would work against you or your kin, nor will I give the information to others I trust without them swearing the same oath. Nor, though I wish to, will I publish this information as part of a proper study without your express permission. I trust that satisfies you?"

OOC: I can't type the rest; I honestly need to get off right now.

caliber grinned. he knew this wasn't going to be easy from the start. he sliced a perfect square into the ice wall, and kicked the block towards ice blizzard. when it got close, caliber jumped over the ice, with an attack from above. he slashed downwards. "take this!"

@,

Blizzard had to dodge the attack and got a cut from it, and bled a little, "Woah! Ouch not bad bro. How about this?!" Blizzard ran up to Caliber and attempted for a punch square to his face, "Hiya! Whoops over here!" he had teleported to the side of him before he has swung and then made his move, "Take this!"

luckily, caliber ducked to dodge it in the first place, so when ice blizzard teleported and swung, it missed. he sweeped his leg, aiming to hit ice blizzard's knee, which he would follow up with a upwards slash. he had no worries about hurting him, these arena ponies have the tech to heal almost any injury, as long as said pony wasn't dead.

@

Blizzard had been tripped up and was cut again on his body, "Uh-oh, ah!" Blizzard had landed on the ground and got up, "Nice one! Haha! I really like that attack bro," Blizzard then made an ice clone behind Caliber, "very good oh by the way watch you back.... :sneer: "

"I got him!" The clone said as he froze Caliber's hooves to the ground, "He's all yours sir!"

"Sliding Ice Kick!" Blizzard then slid and kicked at Caliber's hooves.

"eh!" caliber tensed up when his hooved were frozen, and the kick was painful. he managed to head-butt ice blizzard when he kicked him. hard. caliber knocked his sword against the ice, and broke it. he immediately attacked the clone behind him, shattering it with a slice to the neck. caliber looked back at ice blizzard, and grinned. "its time to stop gauging our power." he said simply, as he got into a peculiar stance, "time to get serious." he dashed at him, launching a combination of attacks from different styles.

@,

Blizzard had to regain his composure after taking a hit to the head like that, "*shakes head back and forth* Ok then!" Blizzard wanted time to charge for his D.I.N.E blast again, so he had to play it evasively. So he did nothing but dodge and basic blocking, "Missed me! By a nose! Evasion! Come on try again!"

caliber was having no luck, so he upped the speed. but he was feeling...like he was in danger. he decided to jump back, and take a peek at ice blizzard's aura. 

and his eyes widened. 

it was huge! big enough to rival his own when he's using his full-strength dark magic!! he grinned. "ya planning a little something there, icey?" he asked.

(edited)

@,

Blizzard pulled out his Rarity magazine once again as he was questioned, "Oh....nothing....*blood drops from nose*" He then thinks to himself, "I need some more time, about 7-10 minutes to be exact, I don't know how much longer I can keep up the bull crap but I gotta keep it up if I plan to win. And heh Caliber can't die, so if I use the D.I.N.E blast on him he'll just give it up." He then spoke out loud, "Come on bring it on! *puts magazine away* Come at me bro!"

Edited by Ice Blizzard

caliber smirked, and attacked way faster than before. "tut, tut. your lying, kid." he said, as he launched another series of strikes, way faster than his last assault. he was also fully using his 'way of the wanderer' style, which involved sword strikes mixed in with break-dancing. which is fairly hard to just straight up dodge. 'lets see just what ice blizzard's planning...maybe the D.I.N.E. blast?' caliber thought 

(edited)

@

Since Caliber's style was unmatched, Blizzard's dodging only helped him so much and he received more and more cuts on his body as Caliber attacked, "Ow, ow, ow. Sweet moves bro." Blizzard ran all the way to the other side of the arena to avoid Caliber once more, "Come on! Come on over here buddy! ;sneer: "

Edited by Ice Blizzard

caliber's eyes narrowed. now he knew ice blizzard was preparing for his attack. "skip right to the main event, eh?" he asked causally, "that just gives me an opportunity to fight without you fighting back. i mean, geez! at least send a clone top fight for you!" he attacked again, landing small cuts all around his body. he wasn't going easy anymore, he was fully aiming to make him pass out from blood loss.

@,

Blizzard kept evading as best as he could while still receiving a few cuts here and there, "Ha! I'd never make my clones fight for me unless I was helpless and had no other option, like being stuck in a damn box! :lol: But nope, and besides, adding clones wouldn't make this fight any easier!" Blizzard runs to opposite of stage again, "I'm over here! :muffins: "

(edited)

@@Orion Caelum

Anette and the dolls listened to the pegasi's words. Then, one by one, they moved into action. The first was Hero, who floated up towards Wilhelm. After staring at him for a second, he put his right hoof to his head, his best impression of an honorary salute, before turning around and moving back to Alice's side.

The next was Hearthrob, who decided to skip the ceremony and go straight for a hug. She figured out quite quickly that a waist hug was all but impossible, however, and so eventually settled on a simple hoofshake. She then too moved back to Alice's side, though she seemed a bit unsatisfied as she left.

The last was Glory. On hearing his words, she simply floated up closely to him, staring into his face as if trying to tell if he was lying. Then, ever so slowly, she began to reach out with her wings...

Before playfully pulling down Wilhelm's hat. After which, she joined the other dolls, seemingly satisfied.

The whole time, Anette sat and watched, first with fascination, then sympathy, then slight dread when Glory began to move. Now, as the last doll floated back to her, she was onto barely contained astonishment.

"Wow, you seemed to have impressed all of them. Even Glory, and she's a really tough sell!"

The doll gave her an odd look, to which Alice replied "What? It's true!" Then, she turned back to the pegasi.

"Anyways. Mr. Wilhelm, allow me to give you my ​assessment. I think... you're a good stallion. You seem to be honest, you're more than considerate, and you treat others with respect, even at times when i'm sure it must be difficult. You may have done some questionable things during your time, and I can't begin to know what they are. Honestly i'm not sure I want to know. But whatever you did, i'd like to think you did it with the best of intentions. Because I see somepony great in you," she said as she finished, eyes slightly misty and shining in the light of the hospital.

Edited by Corona de Adamas

caliber was now confused. couldn't ice blizzard fight hoof-to-hoof and charge his powers? this match was getting dull. caliber decided to stop, and analyze ice blizzard. "dont tell me your going to use the D.I.N.E. blast, are you?" caliber asked causally. "can you even use that, so soon after last time?"

@

Blizzard decided to make it fun and charged while fighting with his hooves, "Sliding Kick!" he slid and kick at Caliber's hooves again, tripping him, "Haha! Actually yes i can, it's been two days since I last used that move, so I could use it again if I wanted. Come on, get up and fight!"

caliber caught himself with his front hooves, and caught his sword with his foot. "sleight mist wasn't the only one training..." he said, as he started flipping about, his sword changing from his front hooves, to his back. all the while seemingly break-dancing.

(killerbee style)

• Brohoof 2

@,

Blizzard was amazed, "Nice one.  :wacko: " Blizzard then tried out a new hoof style move, "Wrestling style!" Blizzard then put Caliber onto his own shoulders and strains, "Nnng woah man you're heavy  :o ! Body slam!" Blizzard then slammed Caliber onto the ground with whatever strength he had, "Yeah! Aah my arms hurt  a little but still! How ya like that one?  :comeatus: "

caliber felt himself get lifted up. "wait, what the-" SLAM! caliber laid there for a couple of seconds, before flipping to his hooves. the sheer impact did a number on him, he was dizzy. but he managed to smile, and attack again, using the same unpredictable style.

@,

Blizzard got a few more cuts on his body due to the sheer unpredictability of Caliber's style, and bled a little more. "Ow! Pretty good, but lemme show you another new move of mine...my throw... :sneer: " Blizzard grabbed Caliber by the shoulders, knocked him so hard that he bounced into the air, jumped into the air, and backflip kicked him to the ground, "How ya like that?! :comeatus: "   

(edited)

@@Orion Caelum

Anette and the dolls listened to the pegasi's words. Then, one by one, they moved into action. The first was Hero, who floated up towards Wilhelm. After staring at him for a second, he put his right hoof to his head, his best impression of an honorary salute, before turning around and moving back to Alice's side.

The next was Hearthrob, who decided to skip the ceremony and go straight for a hug. She figured out quite quickly that a waist hug was all but impossible, however, and so eventually settled on a simple hoofshake. She then too moved back to Alice's side, though she seemed a bit unsatisfied as she left.

The last was Glory. On hearing his words, she simply floated up closely to him, staring into his face as if trying to tell if he was lying. Then, ever so slowly, she began to reach out with her wings...

Before playfully pulling down Wilhelm's hat. After which, she joined the other dolls, seemingly satisfied.

The whole time, Anette sat and watched, first with fascination, then sympathy, then slight dread when Glory began to move. Now, as the last doll floated back to her, she was onto barely contained astonishment.

"Wow, you seemed to have impressed all of them. Even Glory, and she's a really tough sell!"

The doll gave her an odd look, to which Alice replied "What? It's true!" Then, she turned back to the pegasi.

"Anyways. Mr. Wilhelm, allow me to give you my ​assessment. I think... you're a good stallion. You seem to be honest, you're more than considerate, and you treat others with respect, even at times when i'm sure it must be difficult. You may have done some questionable things during your time, and I can't begin to know what they are. Honestly i'm not sure I want to know. But whatever you did, i'd like to think you did it with the best of intentions. Because I see somepony great in you," she said as she finished, eyes slightly misty and shining in the light of the hospital.

Wilhelm bowed his head, slightly overcome by the situation. After a moment, he turned his head back up, and his eyes were slightly misty; behind them, however, was something haunted and menancholy. "Thank you. Thank you all for your respect and your praise, though I doubtless do not deserve it by half. But nevertheless, it is....relieving to know that I have ponies who can...." He waved a hoof in the air, the eloquent pegasus unable to fully explain what he was thinking for once. "Again, thank you." He recovered his previous smile, righted his fedora, corrected the red feather's slant, and turned to Annete. "Perhaps sometime soon you would return and we may converse again? Or, rather, next time I will visit you, if you wish. Under the care of the healers here, I will doubtless be up to fitness in the next few days. And, as always, atra gulia un ilian tauthr ono, un atra ono waise skoliro fra rauthr." 

Edited by Orion Caelum