Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) (RP)

P-Jay

caliber looked at the barriers coming towards him, and he sighed. "you...your a special one," he commented as the barriers attacked. he was forced to activate his dark magic on the spot, and while he was trying to break the barriers, the thirty-second time limit went up. his dark magic switched off. "i...i give up." caliber said, as he collapsed on the floor, breathing hard. "i just cant hack it..."

"AND THE WINNER IS SLEIGHT MIST!!!!! WHICH MAKES HER OUR NEW CHAMPION!!!!" the loudspeaker boomed

• Brohoof 1

She dimly heard him give up, and the barriers stopped, crackling angrily inches from the unicorns face. The loudspeaker was more imposing, and she more clearly heard herself having been marked winner. "Glad... to... hear it," she said, drawing out her syllables through the pain. And with that, she collapsed, the last of her energy spent.

Some Time Later...

(Enough Time for Sleight's Injuries to Heal)

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAREEEEEEEEEEEEEE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEAAAAAAAADY?!?!?! TIME FOR THE NEXT GLADIATORS ARENA MATCH!!" the loudspeaker boomed, as the crowd cheereed. "WE HAVE ICE BLIZZARD, AN EARTH PONY WHO HAS MASTERED ICE MAGIC!!!! EVEN THOUGH HE'S AN EARTH PONY!!!!!!!!!!!" more cheering, "AND HE'S CHALLENGED OUR CURRENT CHAMPION, THE ONE WHO BEAT CALIBER, SLLLEEEIIIIGHT MIIIIIIIIIISSSSST!!!!!!!!" 

"THE ARENA WILL BE..." more random beeps are heard, "SHANG TSUNG'S GARDEN? WHAT THE...?" the arena morphed. "UM...GO!!!!!!!"

caliber was spectating. he really didnt know who to bet on, since she beat him, but ice was on par with him, too. oh, well. he'll see at the end...he still hurt, a little. that shockwave was rather destructive!!

• Brohoof 1

Blizzard walked in, "So you're my opponent? The pony who beat my buddy Caliber? Hm, I guess I better take this one seriously, you never know when a surprise will happen." "Remember Blizz, stay focused, stay alive. That's how you made it out of worse times, you can do it again." he thinks to himself and then he says aloud, "Alright bring it! :sneer: "

Sleight Mist walked in onto the stage, but her focus wasn't on her opponent. “Thank Celestia for medical ponies,” she said looking over herself, “or I would’ve been in the hospital for weeks". With that, she flexed, excitedly kicking each hoof in tandem.

Sufficiently convinced that they were all in working condition, she turned back to the matter at hand. “So, I’m supposed to be fighting Ice Blizzard...” she said, looking up at her opponent. Hold on, Ice Blizzard?

"Wait!" she sounded at an alarming volume. Confident that attention had been held, she trotted directly over to the unicorn... and began to shamelessly fuss over him.

“That name… “ she said, popping over his left shoulder.

“that coat color,” she said, this time over on his right side.

“that cutie mark!” she said from behind him. “Tell me… are you an ice elemental?” she said, as she playfully begin to mess with the unicorn's mane.

(edited)

@,

Blizzard felt a little awkward, "Uh, hehe." *backs up from her* " Ahem, Uh I'm glad that you seem to be interested in me, and yes I am an ice elemental, but..*points to forehead* I'm no unicorn. I'm an Earth Pony." Blizz then gets into his fighting stance and says, "It might be a shocker to ya, but I'm different from the norm, so gimme your best shot."

Edited by Ice Blizzard

Wilhelm smiled. This, at least, promised to be a good fight, though with the... powers... of one of the contestants, it would be one-sided to a certain degree. He knew from past experience not to trust Ice Blizzard's smarts past a point, but he should figure it out rather quickly. Combat was Ice's second element, unfortunately for Sleight. But... the mare did do rather well in the last competition. Wilhelm spared a moment to glance at Caliber, who still trotted like he was hurting. He spared a moment to contemplate the scientific paper potential of magical healing on nerve damage being slower than healing on normal pony organs, but filed the information for later and, deciding in his choice, placed a quarter of the thousand bits he had gotten from his bet on Eclipse's loss down. Who did he put his money on? Ice Blizzard, to win. Hopefully, he would figure out how Sleight conjured her barriers and clones in time, or he would have just wasted 250 bits. Wilhelm shrugged and went back to observing the match, idly fiddling with his sword and glancing over at Caliber- Wilhelm was up to fight Caliber next, then Sleight. Wilhelm closed his eyes behind the thick glasses and began thinking of strategies for each of the combatants; if he could exploit their particular weaknesses, he could win.

"So you are," she said solemnly; she hadn't noticed the lack of a horn. "First Caliber, now this pony... this tournament's full of surprises," she thought. 

"Well," she said, walking back to her starting position. "I hope we can still talk after this is all over. Oh, and one more thing," she said, turning around to face him. "I'm sorry," she said," flashing him a genuine smile.

It was at that moment the smoke pellet she had secretly tucked in his mane while fussing with it went off.

In the ensuing distraction, she lit up her horn for a quick spell. The next sounds would be of Sleight Mist diving into the nearby lake.

"Fancy a swim?" said the pony, lazily backstroking through the water.

@

Blizzard reacted and couldn't see. But he could hear. He had heard the mare's fooling around in the water, "Aah! *coughs 3 times* Damn! Huh, you're a little trickster aren't you? Not bad." Blizzard then summons an ice clone as a fake out mechanism as he waited for the smoke to wear off,  "I'm over here!" says the clone coming out of the smoke screen. "Come at me!"

"Not my style," she shouted back at him, doing circular dog laps in the water. "But hey, don't worry, i'll be out in a second," she finished, sinking nosily for a second before coming back up and continuing over again.

Meanwhile...

The real Sleight Mist lay at the bottom of the lake, having summoned the clone just before she dived. 4 barriers whirled around her as she swam, these particular ones matching the background of wherever they were. She'd be invisible unless someone looked closely and saw the disturbances. "Good thing this fight's at night," she thought; she was already too close to Ice Blizzard for comfort. 

While her clone made a general ruckus in the water, she swam in the opposite direction, heading towards the waterfall. Once underneath it, she pulled out more barriers, for a grand total of six. Standing on one barrier, jumping, and summoning another barrier underneath her, she began the slow but steady process of climbing.

@

By the time the smoke had worn off, the real Blizzard had hid behind the snake statue and was out of sight and waited for his clone to make his move. "Come on already!" Says the clone as he walks over to the water, "We're supposed to be fighting here! Not swimming!"

(edited)

"But the water's so nice, who could resist?" she said, in the middle of a lap. "Look, confession time," she said, in a moment of seriousness. "Sleight Mist feels sorta bad for playing that trick on you. She thought you were some upshot jerk like the last pony, but you seem like a nice guy, and she doesn't want to hurt your feelings. Also, no horn," she said, standing straight up in the water "She's got a grudge against unicorns, and you're... not,"  she said, pointing to her head with one hoof. "So I guess, all in all, what we're saying is..."

Meanwhile...

Sleight Mist had finished climbing the waterfall, barriers still moving around her to block her from view. Stepping off of the barrier onto solid ground, she booked it behind the nearest tree with a good vantage point of the field. She smiled as she saw Ice Blizzard still chatting with her copy; that had worked better than she thought. She couldn't hear what they were saying, but her clone was meant to mirror her soul, so she had a pretty good idea. In fact, they finished the sentence at the same time.

"I really am sorry," she said suddenly frowning. She watched the pair, as her barriers began to shuffle for her next plan.

Edited by Corona de Adamas

@

The real Blizzard waited and watched behind the snake statue, still out of sight. He had the time to charge his powers up for using them to enhace his normal attacks for longer than usual, or use a few more strong moves without getting tired. He also heard his clone talking to Mist and thinks to himself, "Wow, she's pretty nice, I hope we can be friends after this is over, but right now, it's crunch time." Blizz's clones are meant to be and act like the real him at all times to fool the enemy, but he could tell that Mist was serious. His clone replies to Mist, "Oh it's no problem I like making new frie-- wait a minute! You referred to yourself by your name! That can only mean 1 of 2 things! 1. You have a habit of 3rd person speech, or 2. *Phoenix Wright Objection Pose* You're not the real Sleight Mist!"

(edited)

"Would you believe me if I told you I am?" she said, bobbing in the center of the lake. "Eh, probably not. I wish I was, though; i'd bet this water really would feel nice," she said in a sad voice. Her horn began to glow, and she looked up at it, the face switching to one of bitter disappointment. " Sorry for tricking you again. We won't get to talk after this, but it was nice meeting you anyway," she said looking up at him, smiling, "Even if I am just a clone. Though as a clone, knowing Sleight Mist personally... i'd say i'm still more real than she is."

As she finished that statement, an energy beam appeared over her head, racing towards the Earth pony standing near the water's edge, while another one headed for the same direction, directly at the base of the waterfall.

Before...

Sleight Mist sat on a tree branch she'd just recently climbed, putting the finishing touches on her configuration: an anonymous laser delivery system. One barrier, laid edgewise, would split an energy beam into two. Two more barriers, laid farther out planewise, would bounce the beams to a separate location in different directions. Finally two more barriers were laid out even farther out, angled to bounce the beams towards Ice Blizzard: one directly over her clones head, the other at the base of the waterfall nearest to it. All in all, with this set-up, in the poor light setting, it would look like the beams had simply come from nowhere.

Sure, they would do half the damage, but that was an was an easy price to pay for being almost undetectable. While she worked, she kept a fifth barrier she at her side, camouflaging her actions from Ice Blizzard's side. "I wonder how those two are doing," she said as she finished her preparation. She checked off to her side; the clone was fine, for a clone, but Ice Blizzard appeared to be freaking out: he had probably figured out the ruse. Time to move.

"Here we go," she thought, firing.

Edited by Corona de Adamas

@,

Blizzard's clone reacted with confusion, "Aha! I knew--what the heck is was that?! Where'd that light come from?! What's going on?!" "That's right buddy keep her distracted and activate at the right time." The real Blizzard thought to himself while charging his attack power.

The clone was struck, shattering into flecks of ice, while Sleight Mist's clone merely looked on sadly.

"So you were a clone, too," she said quietly. "I guess there's no reason for me to be here, then. Bye, Ice Blizzard..." she said one last time, before turning into water particles and falling into the lake with a dull slosh.

Meanwhile...

"Well that was pointless," the real Sleight Mist said from the tree, as she watched the entire scene. "Now, time to figure out where the real one went," she said, carefully scanning the area. She had a view of the whole area, not to mention the highest ground unless he could fly, so it would only be a matter of time before she found him.

@

Blizzard saw through Sleight's ruse and made his move. He had enough power to do this move since he had been charging for awhile. "Clone fury!" The real Blizzard says as he summons 5 clones standing side by side at his entry point. Meanwhile the real Blizz teleports behind the waterfall to charge himself up some more. "One of us is real!" clone 1 says, "But one of us is fake." Clone 2 says. "Show yourself! Come on!" clone 3 says. "Or whenever you feel like it." Clone 4 says. "Eh I don't care." Clone 5 says.

caliber was munching on a giant pile of popcorn. "hm? again, with the clones? everypony has clones except me!" caliber looked closer, and the're auras appeared. "oh...i see..." he muttered. hye looked around, and saw wilhelm. "oh, hai!!" he gathered up his stuff, and sat beside him. "crazy, huh?"

"Hey you!" Green ran up to caliber wearing a cast. "Whos amazing idea was it to drop the friggen winnings on my broken leg you jerk." "Bits are kinda heavy when they are all in a bag and dropped onto your fresh injury." Green held up his cast "It was friggen hilarious."

Even from her position in the tree, she herd the ice pony shout. "Clone fury? That's so... lame," she thought, though when she saw the results, she observed this situation a little more seriously than before.

Five Ice Blizzard's, 10 pairs of eyes. If she fired, and didn't hit the real one, it was exponentially more likely at least one of them would see where the beams came from, even in the dark, and she'd be found out. That's if the original caster was even still there; Sleight Mist knew next to nothing about this pony's skill's, and he could have teleported or even be invisible for all she knew. She mentally face-hoofed at not talking to Caliber before she jumped into this battle; aura sensing abilities would have been incredibly useful right now. "Provided I could find some way to synthesize it," she thought. "Maybe a barrier..."

She quickly broke that thought, however, turning back to the matter at hand. 5 Ice Blizzards, two beams, no way of figuring out the real one. She could hide as long as she wanted, but so could he, apparently; this battle would go on forever unless someone made the first move.

So, firing twice through her system, she made the first move, 4 beams moving to strike 4 targets.

(edited)

@,

"Uh-oh!" Said 4 of the 5 clones before they were destroyed, and just the uncaring clone was left. Meanwhile the real Blizzard was behind the waterfall and saw where the beam had fired from and thinks, "Ok last clone, stall her for a bit longer, I know where she is just keep going until you're destroyed."  The last clone was uncaring, and hadn't seen where the beam was fired from, "Huh, I'm the last one. *yawns* ok just get it over with wherever you are, come on you found me, I'm a sitting duck."

Edited by Ice Blizzard

Up in the tree, Sleight Mist cursed herself as 4 of the clones burst into shards of ice. She hadn't hit the real one, and that clone was too stupid to be him. That meant he had to be somewhere else, watching, and was on his way.

She fired one more time for good measure, two beams arcing in separate directions towards the remaining clone. Then, she dropped out of the tree, using a barrier aimed diagonally towards the ground to soften her fall at the bottom. Then de-summoning all of her barriers, save the one she kept above her, she headed out of the forest and towards the safer location of the tower next to the waterfall.

@

Blizzard could see his time was now. SM had lowered her guard out of confusion and Blizzard had her right where he wanted her. He teleported behind her and says, "Surprise." He slide kicks at her hooves to knock her off her down and makes a cage around her, "IC4 cage! Aha! Not bad with your clones, but mine allowed me to tip the scales for a longer amount of time, than yours could. And now it's time for a cool boom." With a wave of his hoof, Blizzard detonates the IC4 cage sending ice shards everywhere, into SM's body and outward to himself. "Ouch, heh I've used this move a few times before, so my own shards don't hurt me that much. Come on get up. That can't be all you got."

"Okay," she said, coughing a little as she struggled to her feet. "That hurt." The barrier she had kept around her had served to block the ice coming from above her, but almost everywhere else had been open season, and she felt like she had went through it with a manticore. Or two.

Once she managed to make it, she turned around to face Ice Blizzard, little shards of ice falling off of her as she talked. 

"No, it's not all I have." she said coldly. "Allow me to show you." And with that, 4 barriers materialized around Ice Blizzard, while one appeared above him to seal him in, leaving him trapped in a box barely big enough to move around in.

"Now usually, i'm not one to rant, but i'm a little annoyed, pressed for time, and feeling less than under the weather right now, so i'll share a secret with you: these barriers are made from my personal energy. Now that means a few things," she said. As she spoke, her horn shone brightly. The air began to shimmer, temperature jumping in emphasis to her words.

"One: it means you're not leaving. Ever try to teleport through a foreign, hostile magical signature? I'll spare you the details, but it's very, very messy."

Another jump as she continued."Two: it means I can imbue these with any spell, provided I know it. The one's I used with you and Caliber were imbued with color spells to make them invisible, although I had to put more energy into it later on to make it spark."

One final jump as she stared into the box, the air temperature now in the hundreds, and climbing. The ice that was lodged in her body began to melt, and she began bleeding, but she spoke as if she didn't notice it was there. "But that's neither here nor there, because three is most important. Three is: that means heat spells as well, ice elemental," she said, her horn glowing even brighter than before. Much like the first step to the giant explosion that had defeated Caliber, the temperature began to raise. This time, however, it was the barriers that began to radiate with the heat, turning even more dark and red than they had in her first match. Soon, the temperature of the walls and the air inside the box began to match the temperature on the outside, which was still rising.

"And it's only going to get hotter. I did say I was sorry, and I meant it," she said, giving Ice Blizzard a momentary sympathetic look through the barriers before becoming expressionless again. "But nothing stops me getting through this tournament."

(edited)

@,

Blizzard was freaking out on the inside and thinks, "Crap. Crap crap crapity crap. Ok need to stay calm, retain my energy, and think of a plan...... :dash: " In order to keep his cool, Blizzard laughed a little, "You don't have to be sorry, :)  but you're forgetting something, :toldya:  I have heat resistance on my side, so I'll last longer than Caliber in here. AND while I was bull crapping, I managed to charge up enough save energy to do that cage and a little more. Ice clones front and center!" Blizzard summons 7 clones outside of the barriers and they say, "Yes sir?" "Engage 'till she falls. And think twice on how you're gonna destroy them Misty. It's gonna be a blast... :sneer: " Blizzard had set his clones to explode lethally upon being destroyed, and each clone to make a bigger explosion than the last. "Even if I'm stuck in a box, I'm not giving up. Attack! :baconmane: "Enemy in sight, engaging! :sneer: " Says all 7 clones. Blizzard knew his clones could not fight as well as himself, so he was reliant on the explosions they'd make.

Edited by Ice Blizzard