Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01:EP66 - Friday Night Food Fight

DivineMist1000

Downgrade from Misty Moves In, but still decent. It could've done without, um...rotten food, but at least they showed that something good happens with it at the end. I also really enjoy how a song about Izzy trying to spread love goes so well with a food fight, but considering the chaos Izzy caused in the episode of that song's debut, I guess it's just natural progression. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

4 hours ago, Misty Shadow said:

Downgrade from Misty Moves In, but still decent. It could've done without, um...rotten food, but at least they showed that something good happens with it at the end. I also really enjoy how a song about Izzy trying to spread love goes so well with a food fight, but considering the chaos Izzy caused in the episode of that song's debut, I guess it's just natural progression. 

Honestly, I think this one was just as good as the last episode. Cool seeing a showcase of Misty’s magical abilities too!

Even with all the rotten food, it’s nice how even that gets resolved by it becoming fertilizer for the forest 

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, DivineMist1000 said:

Honestly, I think this one was just as good as the last episode. Cool seeing a showcase of Misty’s magical abilities too!

Even with all the rotten food, it’s nice how even that gets resolved by it becoming fertilizer for the forest 

One thing that makes Misty Moves In better to me is it being more heartwarming, but another thing I do like about this episode that I didn't mention is the twist of Misty being the one who started the food fight tradition. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Misty Shadow said:

One thing that makes Misty Moves In better to me is it being more heartwarming, but another thing I do like about this episode that I didn't mention is the twist of Misty being the one who started the food fight tradition. 

Also, you gotta love Misty’s puns in this episode too! And you just gotta love Misty too!

• Brohoof 2

I think the old female unicorn using magic in the flashback was a continuity error, can't think of any explanation for it, but I think this detail doesn't matter for them at this point, ANG was released 2 years ago, it was to be expected that in a relaxed 4 minute episode of TyT they would forget to keep that continuity element, but now Onyx's CM problem?

Is there any possibility that this was released out of order and Nightmare Nightmarket is meant to take place after this episode? According to Equestria Daily's G5 episode guide, a few past episodes were released out of order, so this could be the case, the problem is that according to them this doesn't happen since Pony Partey, soooo...?? Idk, gonna wait for more.

15 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

I think the old female unicorn using magic in the flashback was a continuity error, can't think of any explanation for it, but I think this detail doesn't matter for them at this point, ANG was released 2 years ago, it was to be expected that in a relaxed 4 minute episode of TyT they would forget to keep that continuity element, but now Onyx's CM problem?

Is there any possibility that this was released out of order and Nightmare Nightmarket is meant to take place after this episode? According to Equestria Daily's G5 episode guide, a few past episodes were released out of order, so this could be the case, the problem is that according to them this doesn't happen since Pony Partey, soooo...?? Idk, gonna wait for more.

Holy shit, I didn’t notice that HUGE mistake :PIPPIPHURRAY:. Kinda surprising too, considering they DID remember that in a prior TYT episode :dash:

image.thumb.gif.36dbb199191492f57d6797fdf4c726e9.gif

I think they will remember this again the next time it is necessary, but now Onyx's stolen CM was way too recent for them to forget

In case this episode wasn't released out of order, for now I think the only way we can get a coherent explanation for this is if Nightmare Nightmarket takes place after MyM Chapter 6 but before Secrets of Starlight, and then Friday Night Food Fight takes place after both, Chapter 6 is supposedly where Posey gets her CM back, so Secrets of Starlight could be where Onyx gets her CM back, I think it's more likely that it's indeed a continuity error anyway, but let's wait.

This one is ok, I guess, or maybe mixed bag is the right term.  It's a simple enough lesson I suppose, and I'm glad it's able to focus on just a couple of the characters.  The song is...just as forgettable as any other background song in this series I suppose, but it goes decently enough with the food fight.  Apparently the TYT people don't care about G5's lore, between hipster pony having her cutie mark back (to be fair, Posey had her's back in the episode where hipster pony lost her's), and the flashback involving unicorn magic.  In some regards G5 is starting to hit its stride, and I maintain that, but now, in other regards, it's as though Hasbro is caring less and less.  I guess they're working to improve G5 story-wise and a little bit character-wise, but when it comes to continuity they're now just throwing their hands up in the air and deciding they don't give a flip.  Maybe it's more accurate to say that MYM is improving, while TYT is taking a nosedive?  The only unfortunate thing with that is the TYT people don't care about spoiling MYM Chapter 6, and Hasbro doesn't care enough to step in to correct them.  

On 2023-11-11 at 4:54 PM, Rafa Stary said:

I think they will remember this again the next time it is necessary, but now Onyx's stolen CM was way too recent for them to forget

In case this episode wasn't released out of order, for now I think the only way we can get a coherent explanation for this is if Nightmare Nightmarket takes place after MyM Chapter 6 but before Secrets of Starlight, and then Friday Night Food Fight takes place after both, Chapter 6 is supposedly where Posey gets her CM back, so Secrets of Starlight could be where Onyx gets her CM back, I think it's more likely that it's indeed a continuity error anyway, but let's wait.

So...what's the point of Opaline stealing Cutie Marks at the slow as molasses rate of one at a time, if she can't even keep them long-term?  Animation errors are one thing, but I swear the ponies don't seem that put out when their Cutie Marks are taken either, as it's treated as a "hey, she stole my hat" type of deal.  On the other hand, if their Cutie Marks just regenerate in spite of Opaline holding their originals, there's zero reason to be in suspense about this particular subplot.  As hipster pony had her's stolen in TYT, I also wonder if MYM will acknowledge it?  The way this particular subplot is being handled is a total dumpster fire either way, so it's really just a matter of how much of a dumpster fire it ends up being.  

Not a particularly great episode and not too terrible either. It was the usual high-speed slapstick and nonsense for children with very short attention spans. Though I did laugh a bit one or two times.

As for the continuity errors...aren't they just par for the course for Tell Your Tale and generation 5 in general?

Edited by Solar Power

• 3 weeks later...
On 2023-11-10 at 6:44 PM, Rafa Stary said:

Doesn't that old female unicorn use magic in that pre-ANG flashback??? Or did I miss something???

Yeah, I screamed about that right away. :angry:

On 2023-11-11 at 5:15 PM, Steve Piranha said:

image.thumb.gif.36dbb199191492f57d6797fdf4c726e9.gif

Poor Pipp. But I can't stop laughing every time I see this image. :laugh::PIPPIPHURRAY::ButtercupLaugh:^_^

• smile 1

This was a funny, short episode. It was cute to see filly Misty again, but there isn't much to it other than random humor. It's a good episode, but nothing that remarkable. The song in it sounds quite similar to the other sounds I heard before.